Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

How Would You Solve The Boko Haram Crisis? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Would You Solve The Boko Haram Crisis? (14346 Views)

Aftermath Of The Boko Haram Terror In Borno Yesterday (Graphic Pictures) / Pics Of The Boko Haram Members Killed Today & The Foreign Currency Recovered / Troops Capture Gwoza Destroying The Headquarters Of The Boko Haram This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Would You Solve The Boko Haram Crisis? by kodewrita(m): 10:32am On May 02, 2012
Enough of complaints and lamentations.

If by some freak of nature, you were to become Nigeria's Commander-In-chief today or National Security Adviser, WHAT are the steps you would take to stop Boko Haram completely?

What would you do differently from what the armed forces are doing at the moment?
Re: How Would You Solve The Boko Haram Crisis? by kodewrita(m): 7:44am On May 03, 2012
Please dont be discouraged by any tribal/imbecilic comments on this thread. Your thoughts are still welcome.
Re: How Would You Solve The Boko Haram Crisis? by egift(m): 8:52am On May 03, 2012
Poster I hate it whenever you open a thread like this. If you need my solution, just approve my 1.3 billion naira daily food, Presidential salary, 8 presidential jets, that multi-covoy, presidential clearance, accommodation in the president's lodge, all the hundreds of aids, unlimited withdrawal limit of Presido's wallet, name me commander in chief of the armed forces, etc.

What you will:
- End of Boko, Militancy, kidnapping and Robbery (it will be easier to rob the US Treasury than try it here).
- Massive Development, Infrastructure, empowerment and reformation of our agencies, ministries, etc.
- By the time I order the arrests and trial of 1000 politicians who steal from government purse with maximum punishment, nobody will try it. Anytime the do, the get instant punishment.
- Provide Light, Water, shelter and security as fast as obtainable.

So any time you ask this question for ideas, be ready to pay for it, or sack the incompetence presently occupying the post.

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Solve The Boko Haram Crisis? by oba009(m): 9:46am On May 03, 2012
let Nigeria as a Nation seize to exist

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve The Boko Haram Crisis? by megxo(m): 9:54am On May 03, 2012
grin grin grin
oba009: let Nigeria as a Nation seize to exist
hahahahahahahah grin or perhaps bring bac 1914."d Amalgamation ish" wink
Re: How Would You Solve The Boko Haram Crisis? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:58am On May 03, 2012
I will be needing the following;

2 million professional troops,

40 Tanks

40 APCs

100 Tomahawk missiles

10 F-18's and 10 MIG 22's (To fly sorties to the drop zone carrying enough napalm to fry the entire northern state).

20 K-50 Hokum (Black Sharp) Helicopter gunship or Apaches.

An island of the Niger Delta coast for detention & immunity from prosecution by any court in the world!!!

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve The Boko Haram Crisis? by oba009(m): 9:58am On May 03, 2012
and resolve it once and for all

megxo: grin grin grin hahahahahahahah grin or perhaps bring bac 1914."d Amalgamation ish" wink
Re: How Would You Solve The Boko Haram Crisis? by cyrexx: 9:59am On May 03, 2012
how did america stop al-qaeda from terrorising them again. they are tough and they let those islamic fundamentalist know that americans wont take it easy with them. thats why they attacked their base and supporters in afghanistan and iraq and pakistan. these fundamentalist will not listen to voice of reason because they wrongly believe they are doing God's work, so negotiation is a humiliting way of giving them undeserved attention. if america can research and know where to take the battle to; a competent commander-in-chief should do diligent research and deal strongly with them, thats the only language these terrorists understand.
Re: How Would You Solve The Boko Haram Crisis? by Nobody: 9:59am On May 03, 2012
Kick GEJ out, appoint Okija_juju as head of CAN, GBAWE as minister of defence... then take subsidy money, improve education across the country.. give people a reason to live...
Re: How Would You Solve The Boko Haram Crisis? by lareine(f): 10:00am On May 03, 2012
I would ask him to proclaim a fast and prayer and be genuinely involved. With God, all things are possible.

When JEHOSHAPHAT was King of Israel, 3armies ganged up to fight Israel. King JEHOSHAPHAT was afraid because he knew he could not handle these armies. What did he do?

He proclaimed a fast througout Israel and God heard them and caused the enemies of Israel to fight amongst themselves and they all died by their swords. God can do it again.
See 1Chronicles 20

4 Likes

Re: How Would You Solve The Boko Haram Crisis? by Basics007: 10:03am On May 03, 2012
Call a national conference and disintegerate the country.
Otherwise empty the treasury,buy a nice villa in monte carlo and live there for the rest of my life with the lady of my dreams
Re: How Would You Solve The Boko Haram Crisis? by Nobody: 10:04am On May 03, 2012
lareine: I would ask him to proclaim a fast and prayer and be genuinely involved. With God, all things are possible.

When JEHOSHAPHAT was King of Israel, 3armies ganged up to fight Israel. King JEHOSHAPHAT was afraid because he knew he could not handle these armies. What did he do?

He proclaimed a fast througout Israel and God heard them and caused the enemies of Israel to fight amongst themselves and they all died by their swords. God can do it again.
See 1Chronicles 20
And you wonder why our country remains the way.. what a foolish solution...
Re: How Would You Solve The Boko Haram Crisis? by gregg2: 10:10am On May 03, 2012
@Poster

I bet you, all these guys that come running their mouths at GEJ
have no incling to how the Boko Haram challenge could be tackled.

It's funny how a bomb explodes and these hawks jump asking for
the head of Jonathan meanwhile, these guys live among us and no
one is willing to devulge information to security agents.

Are we saying that parents, villagers, emirs, imams, LGA chairmen of Boko
Haram affected states do not know these guys?

For me however, true federalism with various regions maintaining its
own Police Force recruited from among the locality will resolve it.
Re: How Would You Solve The Boko Haram Crisis? by Youngsage: 10:10am On May 03, 2012
musKeeto:
And you wonder why our country remains the way.. what a foolish solution...
hehehe
prayer & fasting is good quite alright, but not enuf in dis case. Even OsamaBINLADEN was not killed by prayer and fasting. But by intelligence
Re: How Would You Solve The Boko Haram Crisis? by Nobody: 10:11am On May 03, 2012
[size=16pt]Massive Overwhelming Force[/size] 'To kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey'- Marcel Proust. The Muslem Mind is a Sick Mind.
Re: How Would You Solve The Boko Haram Crisis? by cyrexx: 10:12am On May 03, 2012
lareine: I would ask him to proclaim a fast and prayer and be genuinely involved. With God, all things are possible.

See 1Chronicles 20

God cannot take over man's responsibility, the same way we cant take over his responsibility. this is time for action, not just prayers that you cant guarantee will be answered, while these fundamentalist keep murdering the innocent. our president should man up and use his authority to fish out these wicked faceless cowards
Re: How Would You Solve The Boko Haram Crisis? by gegee(m): 10:12am On May 03, 2012
every time na so so complaints and insults untop jonathan head. now u guys have been asked what you would have done if u were president and nobody has said anything meaningful.mcheeeewww....nigerians!
Re: How Would You Solve The Boko Haram Crisis? by Nobody: 10:13am On May 03, 2012
Massive Overwhelming Force 'To kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey'- Marcel Proust. The Muslem Mind is a Sick Mind.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve The Boko Haram Crisis? by sebanaco(m): 10:13am On May 03, 2012
The best way to eradicate dis bros bokos is mr GEJ should honorably leave that presidential sit and hand over power to Buhari or Atiku chikena.
Re: How Would You Solve The Boko Haram Crisis? by amosy007: 10:14am On May 03, 2012

See 1Chronicles 20

what a solution in the 21st century... Lmfao
Re: How Would You Solve The Boko Haram Crisis? by laykhorn(m): 10:15am On May 03, 2012
Okija_juju: I will be needing the following;

2 million professional troops,

40 Tanks

40 APCs

100 Tomahawk missiles

10 F-18's and 10 MIG 22's (To fly sorties to the drop zone carrying enough napalm to fry the entire northern state).

20 K-50 Hokum (Black Sharp) Helicopter gunship or Apaches.

An island of the Niger Delta coast for detention & immunity from prosecution by any court in the world!!!

hahahahaha! Okija_juju, thats the best solution but, I will do the same to clear the fools out. Thats callous of you, al of em.
Re: How Would You Solve The Boko Haram Crisis? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:17am On May 03, 2012
Poster I hate it whenever you open a thread like this. If you need my solution, just approve my 1.3 billion naira daily food, Presidential salary, 8 presidential jets, that multi-covoy, presidential clearance, accommodation in the president's lodge, all the hundreds of aids, unlimited withdrawal limit of Presido's wallet, name me commander in chief of the armed forces, etc.

What you will:
- End of Boko, Militancy, kidnapping and Robbery (it will be easier to rob the US Treasury than try it here).

And you intend to do this with the same crop of incompetent security forces on ground now or do you have an army somewhere that you have trained and kept away specially?! Training a well groomed Police force would require atleast 6 months to 1 year in the Police academy, You will need to build new Police Stations as what we have now are not up to par, new equipments (as most of the AK 47s they have today are badly maintained) and put in place a structure that would ensure sustainability. . . otherwise, after commissioning, na back to status quo.

- Massive Development, Infrastructure, empowerment and reformation of our agencies, ministries, etc.

I hope you know that development and infrastructure and all these things all require time (abi you wan build bridge in three weeks?) and above time, requires a shitload of money!! And you cant just walk into our printing press and print money as you like. . Their is the economics of it to consider.

- By the time I order the arrests and trial of 1000 politicians who steal from government purse with maximum punishment, nobody will try it. Anytime the do, the get instant punishment.

How do you intend to do this biko?!
Through extra jusicial killings or what?! Abi you really believe that a President has the powers to order the kill, arrest and detain whoever he or she likes?! And if you are talking about the judiciary, you still need to fix the police (who brings the case to court) as they poorly investigate and gather evidence hence their poor conviction rate. Also fix the Courts. . Remember Ibori and co and also redraft the constitution that allows for alot of fraudulent practices. . .

You know that providing light is not as easy as flipping a switch.. and they do not sell Gas turbines and hydro dams readymade in supermarkets. Water as well. . . You know that the project of running sub-surface water pipes round Nigeria would last beyond your tenure in office abi?!
And you are not Jesus that would break down the temple and rebuild it in three days are you?! I already told you about security and also all these costs money. . . O!! and you must still keep paying salaries and keep your expenses within a set budget!! Its not a free for all you know![quote]

All this you would do while fighting the house of Reps & Senate who would have to sanction most of your moves before you act!!

Hmmmm!!.

Thats why you are not the president!!

NEXTT!!

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Solve The Boko Haram Crisis? by Samxiulee: 10:17am On May 03, 2012
The only way out is to split the country into two,then am very sure our Northern bro will identify who the boko haram,s are.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve The Boko Haram Crisis? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:19am On May 03, 2012
musKeeto: Kick GEJ out, appoint Okija_juju as head of CAN, GBAWE as minister of defence... then take subsidy money, improve education across the country.. give people a reason to live...

This will work!!

Also start making all the churches liable to tax!
Re: How Would You Solve The Boko Haram Crisis? by amosy007: 10:21am On May 03, 2012
gegee: every time na so so complaints and insults untop jonathan head. now u guys have been asked what you would have done if u were president and nobody has said anything meaningful.mcheeeewww....nigerians!

dnt mind dem jare.. Bloody Hypocrites... All they do is criticize, criticize and more criticizm... Me i dnt blame jonathan on boko issue.. Boko is islamic terrorist group that are ready to die for what dey believe in.. How many nigeria soldier is ready to die for their family let alone a shameless country like nigeria?...

I only hate jonathan for dancing to d tune of okonjo fuel subsidy policy... And most of his empty promises

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve The Boko Haram Crisis? by Okijajuju1(m): 10:25am On May 03, 2012
cyrexx: how did america stop al-qaeda from terrorising them again. they are tough and they let those islamic fundamentalist know that americans wont take it easy with them. thats why they attacked their base and supporters in afghanistan and iraq and pakistan. these fundamentalist will not listen to voice of reason because they wrongly believe they are doing God's work, so negotiation is a humiliting way of giving them undeserved attention. if america can research and know where to take the battle to; a competent commander-in-chief should do diligent research and deal strongly with them, thats the only language these terrorists understand.

YEAH!!

America. . .

Hmmmmmm. . . . . . .

We are not America. America always knew where the base of the Taliban was from before the bombing. They already had suspected terrorists on a watchlist long before 9/11. America was a functioning society long before 9/11. Thats why it was easy to pinpoint and strike back that fast. Plus they were only successful because they were fighting on foreign soil and didnt give a fhuck wh they shot dead. Had Afghanistan been a US state like Philadelphia, they wouldnt go in like that. . .
Nigeria has no intelligence agencies. . Both SSS and DMI are only good for presidential bodyguard detail (that one sef I doubt, because nobody don attack Jona before so we no fit know). Boko Haram are resident on Nigerian soil so we cant attack the North Afghani style!!

We are in a tight corner bro!!
Re: How Would You Solve The Boko Haram Crisis? by 9icest: 10:26am On May 03, 2012
Cut allocation to any state where any bomb goes off. No salary to the entire police posted to this region. No federal assistance of any kind. Cut it all off and see if that satate won't fish out the scums engaged in this killing. But the pressy doesn't have balls and would be afraid of Sambo.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Solve The Boko Haram Crisis? by cyrexx: 10:28am On May 03, 2012
amosy007:

dnt mind dem jare.. Bloody Hypocrites... All they do is criticize, criticize and more criticizm... Me i dnt blame jonathan on boko issue.. Boko is islamic terrorist group that are ready to die for what dey believe in.. How many nigeria soldier is ready to die for their family let alone a shameless country like nigeria?...

I only hate jonathan for dancing to d tune of okonjo fuel subsidy policy... And most of his empty promises

so if you are president, will you do. will you allow boko haram to destabilise your country because they can die for their faith. we want to hear your own solution
Re: How Would You Solve The Boko Haram Crisis? by duality(m): 10:29am On May 03, 2012
egift: Poster I hate it whenever you open a thread like this. If you need my solution, just approve my 1.3 billion naira daily food, Presidential salary, 8 presidential jets, that multi-covoy, presidential clearance, accommodation in the president's lodge, all the hundreds of aids, unlimited withdrawal limit of Presido's wallet, name me commander in chief of the armed forces, etc.

What you will:

So any time you ask this question for ideas, be ready to pay for it, or sack the incompetence presently occupying the post.

These are normal text book stuff. maybe if you contest of a councilor position in nigeria and maybe tru the PDP, you'll know that these things you wrote especially the third one is very difficult or near impossible.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Benue State Workers To Begin Strike Over Salary Deduction. / PDP Accuses DSS Of Interfering With Election Tribunals / Sagay On Magu's Trial: PDP Is Rejoicing Because Their Tormentor Is Out Of Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.