Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,478 members, 7,812,471 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

I Was Refused A Uk Visa And I Need Advice Cos I M Re Applying By Next Week - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Was Refused A Uk Visa And I Need Advice Cos I M Re Applying By Next Week (1700 Views)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / If You Are Refused A Canadian Visa? / Were You Refused A Visa @ The Uk Embassy? Treat Ur Appeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Refused A Uk Visa And I Need Advice Cos I M Re Applying By Next Week by madeojo: 11:30am On Nov 12, 2007
Below is the reason for my refusal by the ECO

The cost of your tuition,maintenance and accomodation is to be borne by your sponsor and you have submitted evidence of how your studies in the UK will be financed including bank statements and a letter from your sponsor offering finanacial assistance.you have not produced satisfactory evidence that he/she has access to these funds to pay for your course and adequately mainatain and accomodate you whilst in the UK.Therefore I am not satisfied this represents a genuine and meaningful offer of sponsorship and that these funds would be available to meet the costs of your studies,maintenance and accomodation in the united kingdom.

The educational establishment in the UK has stated that the cost of your tuition fees for one year is £1,500.British council guidelines suggest students require between £5,500 and £7,500 coveriung a nine month academic year for maintenance and living expenses in the UK and this assessment is based upon 2004 prices.This brings the total cost of your studies in the uk for one academic year to £9,000.i am therefore aware that a deposit of £750 has been made.Your sponsor's financial documents do not satisfactorily confirm that you have sufficient funds to cover the cost of your studies in the UK and adequately maintain and accomodate yourself whilst there.I note that as of 29 August balance was N219000(£867).Furthermore,I do not find it credible that your sponsor is willing to spend so much to finance your studies in the UK.You have not satisfactorily demostrated that such expenditure is comensurate to any benefits to be gained by your sponsor in doing so.Nor have you provided documentary evidence to show how you are related to your sponsor.

These are some of the reasons why i was refused. but i submitted a stock assest valued for 17million and it wasnt taking into consideration. but i am planning to reapply by next week. what advice can you give to me cos my father has already sold some of the shares worth 1.5mil and i m going to use his saving account which is like 1.2mil. what adivce can you give to me. i need it urgently. also i made mistake by not submitting my waec certificate which i ve collected now so i will be submitting it along this time around. i need your opinions
Re: I Was Refused A Uk Visa And I Need Advice Cos I M Re Applying By Next Week by onatisi(m): 12:12pm On Nov 12, 2007
dont reapply

spread ur net
and look around to other countries dont be narrow minded
Re: I Was Refused A Uk Visa And I Need Advice Cos I M Re Applying By Next Week by smile4kenn(m): 6:06pm On Nov 12, 2007
dont apply. look for other countries
Re: I Was Refused A Uk Visa And I Need Advice Cos I M Re Applying By Next Week by sko(m): 8:34pm On Nov 12, 2007
i wouldn'tn want u to relent.
was it your father that was the sponsor you proposed to the BDHC?
ur sponsor is supposed to have money in his account tyhat will be enough to cover ur fees,stocks not withstanding.they didm not consider d stocks cos they want to be sure there is enough money for u to leave for th UK with.,
can u call me up on 08038488632.let me hear ur case.i believe u are close to getting a student visa.
goodluck
i wil introduce myself wen i get ur call.
Re: I Was Refused A Uk Visa And I Need Advice Cos I M Re Applying By Next Week by bowa(m): 10:20am On Nov 13, 2007
Hello,so sorry for that.I believe you have two options,either to appeal or re-apply.I think before you decide,you have to weighthe twoand go for the best.
If you decide to appeal,aw soon will it come out and wat are the chances you'll be given and the cost.For appeal,there are stages,for the first4weeks,ur document will be forwarded to the ECO to review,if the ECO goes through ur document and the appeal and he's convinced,at that point,the original decision overturned and visa issued.meaning it's possible withing a month and some weeks.but if the ECO insist on the decision,then it will be forwarded to the home office.but everything is about 2-3months or less.in some cases,like 5% of those that appeal exceed 3 months.But the chances of u getting it is very high,i mean appeals are so much granted.
But if you re-apply,will there be any change in ur application,like sponsor or documents,if there s,that might not help the situation cos they'll think you're manipulated things.i'll advice you to appeal and write to the school.Beter still,you can do the both,i mean appeal and re-apply.for more,visit www.askbowa..com or call me 07030138190, Best of luck
Re: I Was Refused A Uk Visa And I Need Advice Cos I M Re Applying By Next Week by madeojo: 10:49am On Nov 13, 2007
BOWA please say something about dis. Please read very well others.

This is what the entry officer wrote

The cost of your ttution, maintenance and accomodation is to be borne by your sponsor, namely your father, and you have submitted evidence of how your studies in the Uk will be financed including your sponsor's bank statement and a letter from your sponsor offering financial assistance. However, these documents largely stand in isolation as evidence of your sponsors' financial circumstances and commitments. in the adbsence of any other evidence of your sponsor's business, income or the origin of these funds, i m not statisfied that the evidence presented is a true reflection of your sponsor's financial circumstances or that these funds would be available.

The cost of your tution, maintenance and accomodation is to be borne by your sponsor. funding your education will impose an additional financial burden upon him and i m not satisfied that this increased financial outlay is commensurate with his current economic circumstances and that such funds will actualy be available to you in the Uk. therefore i m not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that you are able to meet the cost of the course and maintain and accomodate yourself without resource to employment or public funds.

The educational establishment in the Uk has stated that the cost of your tution fees for one year is £1500. british council guidelines suggest students require between £5,500 and £7,00 covering nine month academic year for maintenance and living expenses in the UK and this assessment is based upon 2004 prices. This brings the total cost of your studies in the UK for one academic year to £9000. whilst i note that a deposit has been paid your financial documents do not satisfactorily confirm that you have sufficient funds to cover the remaining cost of your studies in the UK and adequately maintain and accomodate yourself whilst there. I note from your sponsor's bank statement that the closing balance of his account as of 27th August was N219864 (£879; £1=N250). Futhermore, i do not find it credible that your sponsor is willing to exhaust all of their savings to finance your studies in the Uk. you have not satisfactorily demonstrated that such expenditure is commensurate to any benefits to be gained by your sponsor in doing so.

The onus is on you to demonstrate that you have the ability to follow the course. You have submitted result slip issued in 1999 by the West African Examination Council (WAEC) as evidence of your past academic achievements. WAEC have stated to this office that the transcripts or notification of result slips submitted in support of your applications should not be accepted as evidence of results, a certificate must be provided in support. i note that you have not submitted a WAEC certificate with your application and therefore i cannot be satisfied that your academic history is as claimed. Therefore i cannot be satisfied that you intend and are able to follow a weekday full time course invloving attendance at a single institution for a minimum of 15 hours organised daytime study per week of a single subject, or directly or directly related subjects as required by para 57 (ii)b.

In an overall assessment of the credibilty of the application, i m not satisfied the cost of these studies is proportionate to your economic circumstances or that there are advantages you might derive from this course of study. i am not satisfied, on the balance of probabilities, that you intend to follow the course.

I therefore refuse your application.

These are my comments.

1. I submitted a CSCS statement worth about 17million which was not considered and at that the time that i filed in my application some of the stocks were on the floor of stock exchange for sale and now some of it has been sold.
2. I have collected my WAEC certificate.
3. His is a Lecturer, and there is this loan which they normally give to them every 2 years by intercontinental( A million).

Now i want to reapply by Monday cos the resumption date is 7th January (KCMT)Kingsbrigde College of Management and Technology that is the name of the school. How can i go about the application so that they wont say there has been large deposit of funds in the recent even when my application was with them when some of the shares has been sold and thank God we have the Sold contract documents for the shares sold. Presently he has (1.7m) in his account now hope i am good to submitt and please tell me how to go about the application.

Very Urgent.
Re: I Was Refused A Uk Visa And I Need Advice Cos I M Re Applying By Next Week by bowa(m): 11:06am On Nov 13, 2007
My dear friend,i really feel you.just trying to be realistic.Okay,good u've gotten additional documents to facilitate ur application and you've deposited a huge amount of money like a month before your application "which is not in the history of the account",this is the statement they use.well,i believe if u re-apply with the neccessary requirement,u will get the visa,but these ECOs could be funny u know.well,i'll suggest we meet,if you feel re-applying is the best,i can guide you while feeling the form.wish you the best again
Re: I Was Refused A Uk Visa And I Need Advice Cos I M Re Applying By Next Week by madeojo: 11:15am On Nov 13, 2007
sorry bowa! my battery went flat. please just txt your addy to my second line which is 08033541386
Re: I Was Refused A Uk Visa And I Need Advice Cos I M Re Applying By Next Week by bowa(m): 11:19am On Nov 13, 2007
ur number ain't going
Re: I Was Refused A Uk Visa And I Need Advice Cos I M Re Applying By Next Week by madeojo: 11:21pm On Nov 29, 2007
Just wanna share my testimony wiv you pple. i re-applied wiv all my documents showing that there was no large deposit within short period of time and these are documents gottn from stocks that was sold and also a photocopy of the chque issued to my pop from the savings he had wiv asup. After which he wrote a comprehensive sponsorship letter. i submitted last week tuesday (20/11/2007) and as God will have it i called them at the application center at Ikeja Today 28/11/2007 if my application was ready for pick up and they told me it s ready. just for me to get there and open the brown envlp lo and behold i saw my visa and the start date was 26/11/2007. alot of people told me not to reapply that i will be refused but God is gr8er than human beings. Can you see what God did for me Under Seven days I got my VISA. God is Great.
Re: I Was Refused A Uk Visa And I Need Advice Cos I M Re Applying By Next Week by vikiviko(m): 9:32am On Nov 30, 2007
Thank God your case.
All the best.
Re: I Was Refused A Uk Visa And I Need Advice Cos I M Re Applying By Next Week by ThugLife1(m): 10:37pm On Dec 24, 2007
kiss kiss kiss
Re: I Was Refused A Uk Visa And I Need Advice Cos I M Re Applying By Next Week by dondup: 10:45pm On May 25, 2011
Hi peep! i reapplied for a uk visa which is actually a renewal, am a frequent traveler, but recently i applied an di was denied dues to the fact that my school's letter of identifications states the am going for nysc in july dis yr which is true but the ECO said i do nt av a documentation from nysc and what is the assurance that i wolud come back for the programme! So naw my callup no is out n i can actually get a photocopy of the page where my name and callup no is? Does any1 think thats wud be a enuf evidence. Am opened to opinions. thanks wink

(1) (Reply)

How To Get Scholarships For Masters In Sweden, Finland, Norway, France Orgermany / The Famous Streets Of Lagos / Crazy&hilarious Things That You'll See Only In Dubai (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.