Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,243 members, 7,811,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done (5837 Views)

Jonathan Reconciles Gov. Obiano And Peter Obi (pix) / Onitsha-Enugu Road Looking Brand New With Street Lights (Picture) / Beggars’ Strange Prayers: May Jonathan Not Fix Onitsha-Enugu Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by Onlytruth(m): 9:24pm On May 12, 2012
@billante

I agree with some of your proposals but I still maintain that Onitsha (present as is) is a cash cow waiting to be milked.
It is perhaps the most strategic town in Anambra, by its location. I would rather expand it southwards towards Iyiowa forest (there are lands there to accommodate another town the size of current Onitsha cool ) and create new (residential, commercial, recreational, institutional and industrial) layouts there, than jump to another location.
The Anam new city can still go on, but I would finish Onitsha first, giving it International airport and clout, then link up other towns with good roads and rail to Onitsha. I also often frown at the idea of abandoning already made investments to start new ones. If Onitsha cannot be revived and renewed, then, I would never believe that we have what it takes to finish the Anam new city.

I came to know what is possible in Anambra state during Ngige's term. We have enough money to focus and finish this town (Onitsha), then move to Awka, and then Nnewi. The economic viability of a town should lead other considerations in state expenditure. Towns that have potentials to raise tax revenues should receive more state funding. Economic sustainability is the key to overall sustainability.
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by Onlytruth(m): 9:27pm On May 12, 2012
So, I'm beginning to think that "ANIDS" is an excuse for failure. sad
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by Onlytruth(m): 9:33pm On May 12, 2012
For now, I will continue to play the role of a policy advisor and counsellor to state governors in the East; but I have a feeling that sometime in the future, I will contest for Anambra gubernatorial seat. cool I came to that conclusion because I've seen clearly that those leading Anambra state in all these years have little understanding how to make the state great.
I hate a situation where everybody wants to lead, and so can still drop the idea; but if I don't see any change in the quality of persons wanting to lead Anambra state, I will certainly throw my hat in the ring.
Ndi na eme ya eburo isi n'abo. cool
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by billante(m): 7:02am On May 13, 2012
Onlytruth: For now, I will continue to play the role of a policy advisor and counsellor to state governors in the East; but I have a feeling that sometime in the future, I will contest for Anambra gubernatorial seat. cool I came to that conclusion because I've seen clearly that those leading Anambra state in all these years have little understanding how to make the state great.
I hate a situation where everybody wants to lead, and so can still drop the idea; but if I don't see any change in the quality of persons wanting to lead Anambra state, I will certainly throw my hat in the ring.
Ndi na eme ya eburo isi n'abo. cool

I admire you courage and dreams! It can be achieved....but you have to show ur antecedents, and one or two great things you have been able to achieve in private or community practice before you can be give a chance!

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by Onlytruth(m): 6:55pm On May 13, 2012
billante:

I admire you courage and dreams! It can be achieved....but you have to show ur antecedents, and one or two great things you have been able to achieve in private or community practice before you can be give a chance!

Not that the bolded ever stopped anyone from contesting Anambra guber seats, but that is part of why I said it would be in the future. As a matter of fact I may not even do it because I'm more enthusiastic about Igbo/Biafran affairs. Anambra local politics might just tie me down unnecessarily. sad
However, I know that I will have time to mount massive campaigns against quacks and charlatans who are warming up to destroy Anambra state. Imagine how someone who read "sociology" can become Anambra governnor just because he had somehow cornered some shares in Fidelity bank. undecided Even when he has genuine intentions, I doubt that he is TRAINED (professionally) to do the job. cool
Anambra is a great state, and it is time to ensure that only trained professionals with real life experience in resource management and development planning are elected to lead us. There are many of such people in Anambra. They are cowering for now, because charlatans who cornered money through dubious means, supported by the type of mindset pervading Anambra state which you just exhibited, are dominating the political space there. If we are serious about development, we would kick those moneybags to the curb and go far real administrators. cool
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by billante(m): 8:54pm On May 13, 2012
Onlytruth:

Not that the bolded ever stopped anyone from contesting Anambra guber seats, but that is part of why I said it would be in the future. As a matter of fact I may not even do it because I'm more enthusiastic about Igbo/Biafran affairs. Anambra local politics might just tie me down unnecessarily. sad
However, I know that I will have time to mount massive campaigns against quacks and charlatans who are warming up to destroy Anambra state. Imagine how someone who read "sociology" can become Anambra governnor just because he had somehow cornered some shares in Fidelity bank. undecided Even when he has genuine intentions, I doubt that he is TRAINED (professionally) to do the job. cool
Anambra is a great state, and it is time to ensure that only trained professionals with real life experience in resource management and development planning are elected to lead us. There are many of such people in Anambra. They are cowering for now, because charlatans who cornered money through dubious means, supported by the type of mindset pervading Anambra state which you just exhibited, are dominating the political space there. If we are serious about development, we would kick those moneybags to the curb and go far real administrators. cool

Well said
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by Onlytruth(m): 9:53pm On May 13, 2012
Once you cross the Niger bridge heading North towards Uga junction and Upper Iweka road along the Onitsha-Enugu road between Onitsha and Awka/Ugwuoba, the whole corridor should look like this. cool

Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by Onlytruth(m): 9:54pm On May 13, 2012
I may sacrifice the rail line (temporarily) by the side if this can be achieved. The rail can be added later.

Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by OneNaira6: 10:11pm On May 13, 2012
Onlytruth

I believe you should run for governorship for anambra. Reading through your post on this thread, you have the incite and determination to bring that state into light.
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by Onlytruth(m): 5:45am On May 14, 2012
One_Naira: Onlytruth

I believe you should run for governorship for anambra. Reading through your post on this thread, you have the incite and determination to bring that state into light.

My brother, thanks for the confidence and endorsement. I am however have a tendency not to want to lead, because the most important thing to me is that somebody is doing the job. I only get frustrated when I suspect that nobody is doing the job. If ever I would find myself contesting, I would first run as someone's deputy;I would join someone who shares the same vision as I, and someone who is a trained professional too. We the people of Anambra state must stop cowering under these money bags and corrupt politicians. As far as I can see now, the only person with relevant training (and exposure) who may contest again is SOLUDO. I would like to work with a Soludo, even as an ordinary adviser or commissioner, someone who has his ears and someone who influences, envisions, or shapes physical development policies.
I can assure you that within 4 years, Anambra would have the following: A complete fiscal and economic sustainability plan (meaning we can fund projects without the FG direct support, very important! ); fully transformed urban areas, particularly in Onitsha, complete with fully functioning international airport and seaport at Onitsha, and make Anambra one huge construction site through PPPs; attract international and local investors (once the international airport is fully functioning) for manufacturing and export of various goods (we can create IT parks for outsourced software development, and innovation centers to design and sell product concepts/prototypes, and share in the proceeds when fully monetized. Do you think that Innoson, for example, won't need new design ideas? ) which would create jobs for the unemployed graduates of the state. There are some very talented young folks who need a space within which to thrive and showcase their ingenuity. Why shouldn't Amambra state hold shares in businesses, including industries and research/development facilities for instance? And we can do it without contributing a dime.
Nna ideas full ground.
I only pray that somehow God would throw up a guy who thinks like this. If such a guy never shows up, I would, in about 8-10 years time. cool
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by Onlytruth(m): 6:14am On May 14, 2012
The first thing I would even do is to launch a state fund; and I mean REAL launching for Anambra State Development Fund targeting to raise N500 billion. Of course we may never get that amount but hey you never know. These moneybags in Anambra state should answer their fathers' name, else they should shut up henceforth. cool I'm also certain that friends of Anambra state in Nigeria and worldwide would like to add their support. The fund should be a seed money to create economic self sustenance.

The Next thing: every graduate and business person in Anambra must be registered and issued a tamper proof ID card.
We should aim to stamp out graduate unemployment, and honest business persons should pay fair income tax, and in return be supported with loans (as a soft incentive) depending on how much tax they have paid. We can give you a loan of N50,000 if you have paid N100,000 in tax -weta isi bia welu isi. cheesy cheesy cool So basically we are aiming for N50,000 tax anyway. If you don't pay tax, we withdraw your license, close down your business and you would never be able to get any loan from the State Development Fund. Simple cool The loan thing is a very rough idea which needs more thought.
Our income based tax drive would be aggressive, once we have finished developing the infrastructure and the airport/seaport, and it would be only based on income, not property. So, to achieve these, the ministry of finance would have the biggest staff, with an enforcement unit attached to the Banks, EFCC and Police. cool

We cannot make an omelet without cracking eggs.
If we are the "Light of the Nation", our state should not be ruled by inertia and retrogression.
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by Rhino5dm: 6:25am On May 14, 2012
The thread is peaceful, No? Why can't these low lifers allow threads on south west to enjoy this type of sanity or flourish without bickering?

Just put up anything about south west and see how these bunch of moro'ns crowds in like some wild dogs. Pathetic goats.
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by billante(m): 6:56am On May 14, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
The thread is peaceful, No? Why can't these low lifers allow threads on south west to enjoy this type of sanity or flourish without bickering?

Just put up anything about south west and see how these bunch of moro'ns crowds in like some wild dogs. Pathetic goats.

This thread is peaceful because like and matured minds are talking! This is how nairaland discussions should be,constructive and idealistic...not you are a fool! Your father is a goat! Yoruba and agipa stupid discussions
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by billante(m): 7:07am On May 14, 2012
Onlytruth: Once you cross the Niger bridge heading North towards Uga junction and Upper Iweka road along the Onitsha-Enugu road between Onitsha and Awka/Ugwuoba, the whole corridor should look like this. cool

I have not seen the design ccc is constructing on d road! But I think it will look like this pic you just posted! The road is being reconstructed to a five lane expressway on each side all d way to d fomer toll gate before umunya...also peter obi beautification design of d road I saw is also fantastic with a city gate just after d niger bridge and lawns and streetlights all d way...about d rail line,there is a company that just signed an MOU with anambra state govt to construct a light rail,I think d name of the company is globin or something like that! I don't know if they will use this corridor for the project cause I heard d line will be from onitsha all d way to nkpor,the company is also doing enugu light rail.
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by Rhino5dm: 7:09am On May 14, 2012
billante:

This thread is peaceful because like and matured minds are talking! This is how nairaland discussions should be,constructive and idealistic...not you are a fool! Your father is a goat! Yoruba and agipa stupid discussions

God bless YOU.
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by Onlytruth(m): 8:18am On May 14, 2012
billante:

I have not seen the design ccc is constructing on d road! But I think it will look like this pic you just posted! The road is being reconstructed to a five lane expressway on each side all d way to d fomer toll gate before umunya...also peter obi beautification design of d road I saw is also fantastic with a city gate just after d niger bridge and lawns and streetlights all d way...about d rail line,there is a company that just signed an MOU with anambra state govt to construct a light rail,I think d name of the company is globin or something like that! I don't know if they will use this corridor for the project cause I heard d line will be from onitsha all d way to nkpor,the company is also doing enugu light rail.

My brother I hope the bolded would happen. If it happens, then I would doff my hat for Obi and know that at least he is ambitious. My occasional angst with him is that I sometimes question his ambitions for the state. Anambra should be the state with the fastest growing economy, with youth unemployment reduced drastically. The key to security and safety in Anambra (which is also the key to development) is youth employment. Every youth should be employed, and any unemployed youth should be either an apprentice in a business or a student in college (university/polytechnic). When we achieve that level of employment, any youth who is still jobless should be run out of the state, or forced to do some form of community policing (giving tips to law enforcement officers about suspicious elements in society). cool

Let me at this stage state clearly that I would not shy away from confronting the Federal government head on should it constitute a stumbling block to the state development plans. Of course I would first woo the Fed and seek its partnership; but if it wants to play the usual Nigerian anti-Igbo politics, I would confront it frontally using every instrument at my disposal. Since GEJ is the president, I wouldn't envisage such confrontation, but it is worth noting. cool
Re: Do You Believe Peter Obi Worked If Onitsha-enugu Highway Is Done by Onlytruth(m): 8:22am On May 14, 2012
@billante

I really hope that at the expiration of Obi's tenure, that he has set an infrastructure vision for the state. If he does that, it would be easy for the next governor to step in and run the next lap of the race very well.
I may have to shelve my plans then! wink cheesy cool
I wish Anambra the best of luck, and hope that other sister states in the East would develop similarly.
We shall get there by God's special grace. cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ayodele Fayose's Inauguration Ceremony Pictures / Question: What Did Olusegun Obasanjo Do For Nigeria In His Tenure? / Politicians Without Other Livelihoods Will Be Corrupt — Akande

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.