Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,665 members, 7,955,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:44 AM

Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence (57095 Views)

#FuelScarcity; Senators Visit Capital Oil And Other Petroleum Depots..photos / Pictures Of Lagos Before Independence / NNPC Has No Record Of Nigeria's Actual Crude Oil Production Per Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 04, 2012
doublecross: looked like it was taking the shape of london....but what can we see today? rubish. thanks for the bautiful pics pal.it just brought back memories.
I like this.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by folowo(m): 2:30pm On May 04, 2012
london2lasgidi: I'm searching for more pictures - more to follow soon.

Campos, Lagos Island - is home. smiley
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by okenwa(m): 2:34pm On May 04, 2012
i am impressed
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by naptu2: 2:46pm On May 04, 2012
Praying that the guy that caused chaos on the last thread will leave this one alone.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Vavoom: 2:51pm On May 04, 2012
This is very nice, i can put a picture to some of the descriptions of parents give. i agree that it's the opportunities that Lagos avails that have led to the developments and problems it now faces due to the population explosion. But this does not give anyone the right to treat Lagos like no man's land. Indigene or migrant (from any tribe), if you live in a place, you should respect the simple basic rules of living. Keep LAGOS clean.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 04, 2012
Tos87:
Hahahaha....Mallam like you...Go Hug any LIVE V.G.C Lekki Transformer..Satck Loser!!!
Hehehehe so dose of u in Enugu know what VGC is.. cheesy
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by buzodyke: 3:04pm On May 04, 2012
i lyk dis kudos! to the British colonist
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by bobosydney: 3:10pm On May 04, 2012
Thank you for posting those pictures and this tells those losers that Lagos wasn't developed with oil money and it has been developing before oil was discovered. This mean that Yoruba will absolutely survive and more develop without useless oil money that people ignorants shouting about . There many countries that i've been to without natural resources and they were so beautiful and well developed ,such as New zealand , malaysia , hongkong and singapore . If you ever been to those countries and you know what i'm talking about . God bless lagos state and we are always the best and haters can hug transformer.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by london2lasgidi(m): 3:14pm On May 04, 2012
buzodyke: i lyk dis kudos! to the British colonist Lagos business merchants and returnee slaves
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by buzodyke: 3:19pm On May 04, 2012
I lyk dis, kudos! to the British colonist
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Novice1(m): 3:25pm On May 04, 2012
[b][/b][b][/b]Go to Facebook group "Nigeria Nostalgia Project".

You will have your fill of ancient Nigerian pictures from all parts of the country. There are literary thousands of pictures, some dating back to the 19th century.
You can also add yours if you have.

CAUTION: IF YOU ARE AT WORK, YOUR PRODUCTIVITY WILL BE ZERO FOR THE REST OF THE DAY
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by veraponpo(m): 3:25pm On May 04, 2012
More beautiful then than now. We have lost value and sanctity. Good pics
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by naptu2: 3:28pm On May 04, 2012
Lagos was built by many groups of people, with funding from a variety of sources. They include the indigenous Lagosians, the Saros (returnees from Sierra Leone), the Brazilians (Popo Aguda, etc), the Colonial Government, The Lagos City Council, The Federal Government, the Lagos State Government and Nigerian businessmen.

Lagos will always flourish.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by london2lasgidi(m): 3:30pm On May 04, 2012
[s]
buzodyke: I lyk dis, kudos! to the British colonist
[/s]
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Tosinsure: 3:30pm On May 04, 2012
It was nice back then.......no lawma but it was clean............i love those pics
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by solomon111(m): 3:38pm On May 04, 2012
bobosydney: Thank you for posting those pictures and this tells those losers that Lagos wasn't developed with oil money and it has been developing before oil was discovered. This mean that Yoruba will absolutely survive and more develop without useless oil money that people ignorants shouting about . There many countries that i've been to without natural resources and they were so beautiful and well developed ,such as New zealand , malaysia , hongkong and singapore . If you ever been to those countries and you know what i'm talking about . God bless lagos state and we are always the best and haters can hug transformer.
This is the reason why the whole of SW excluding lagos will remain a pig-sty when compared to the SE and SS.
Let the whole yoruba race keep on claiming lagos and dont develop your poverty ridden lands,and wake up in the future biting your fingers in regret.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by london2lasgidi(m): 3:40pm On May 04, 2012
Another one:

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by london2lasgidi(m): 3:42pm On May 04, 2012
[size=14pt]Ibadan aerial view, circa 1960[/size]

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by Koolking(m): 3:42pm On May 04, 2012
@londonlasgidi, thanks dude for this memory. The pics are classics. Lagos wen men were still men and life was still life. I can feel the serene of the then lagos. However, void of any prejudice, credit must be given to the british colonialists. Their activities motivated the independence and post independence transformations of lagos. If that tempo of transformation was sustained lagos would have gained a global recognition as one of the most sought-after cities. Apparently, each successive govt in lagos thru' its misplaced agenda and roadmaps has helped to downplay the importance of lagos state (as a strategic city in African development). Hope not lost, let's await The AWAKENING.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by atuboweke(m): 3:44pm On May 04, 2012
Lol! once they mention Lagos ...all the Yerubas will file out and start blabbing, even those from Ikare Akoko..Lmao!!

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by london2lasgidi(m): 3:48pm On May 04, 2012
Koolking: @londonlasgidi, thanks dude for this memory. The pics are classics. Lagos wen men were still men and life was still life. I can feel the serene of the then lagos. However, void of any prejudice, credit must be given to the british colonialists. Their activities motivated the independence and post independence transformations of lagos. If that tempo of transformation was sustained lagos would have gained a global recognition as one of the most sought-after cities. Apparently, each successive govt in lagos thru' its misplaced agenda and roadmaps has helped to downplay the importance of lagos state (as a strategic city in African development). Hope not lost, let's await The AWAKENING.

Thanks, bruv.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by naptu2: 3:54pm On May 04, 2012
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by naptu2: 3:55pm On May 04, 2012
As recently as the 1980s you could still see signs of the Lagos my mum told me about. There were fire hydrants and post boxes in Central Lagos, although they were no longer being used.

She told me that the milkman used to deliver milk to the house every morning.
Re: Pictures Of Lagos Before Crude Oil And Independence by amosy007: 3:56pm On May 04, 2012
Soon u will hear sum mor0ns that will come and tell us that lagos was built on oil money like abuja.. Bloody buncha aszholes

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

The Most Underrated State In Nigeria Goes To Who? / Sanwo-Olu Nabs Gang Of Traffic Robbers In Act At Ojota / Mass Exodus Hits Hausa (northern) Community In Bayelsa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.