Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

MTN Wap Settings Still AVAILABLE: Plus Email And Messengers In Your Phone. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Wap Settings Still AVAILABLE: Plus Email And Messengers In Your Phone. (25600 Views)

Favorite Wap Sites And What You Can Get Off Them. / List Of WAP Sites You Know / MTN Nigeria GPRS [Includes Configuration Settings] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Wap Settings Still AVAILABLE: Plus Email And Messengers In Your Phone. by biggjoe(m): 12:08pm On Mar 29, 2006
If you are using NOKIA phones that is compatible with WAP and GPRS you can still get your settings even though mtn stopped sending settings since November last year. To get it just go to nokia.com and go to their support page in the middle east/africa section. Go to WAP/ GPRS section and choose your phone model and country (Nigerai). There you will see all the four GSM networks in Nigeria. Choose MTN and put your phone number with the international code, ie, +234803-------------. Instantly they will send you the Gprs and MMS settings and your ready to browse as soon as you switch your phone off and back on.

I am one of the people that MTN activated their phone early when the  on-going test of their WAP?GPRS started. ALL the while, my phone can only browse webpages but can't check email or chat. I think it has to do with the browser mtn is  using.
The good news is that I got a site where I downloaded software that I now use in checking and sending email and also for chatting in yahoo messenger and MSN messenger. If you are using your phone go to:
                                                                  www.wap.getjar.com
From there, you can get loads of exciting mobile phone software including, games, browsers, messengers and countless stuff.
It is advisable to do the downloading at night as from 2 am. It is easier by that time.
For me  I downloaded mig33 for yahoo messenger, movamail for email and they are both working very well.

If you can, holla me to tell me you got the settings or the software.
Re: MTN Wap Settings Still AVAILABLE: Plus Email And Messengers In Your Phone. by wise(m): 10:36am On Apr 06, 2006
Can anybody help me out,am using philips 530 and the gprs signal appear on my phone but i dont know how to configure my phone.Can anybody give me the step by step approach of doing it.I will so much appreciate it.
Re: MTN Wap Settings Still AVAILABLE: Plus Email And Messengers In Your Phone. by onyeoziri(m): 5:32pm On Apr 10, 2006
what about sagem productscan you help me find out about sagem because my free trial period has expired and when i was browsing i could not check my email from my phone
Re: MTN Wap Settings Still AVAILABLE: Plus Email And Messengers In Your Phone. by sylve11: 9:07am On Oct 20, 2008
i need the proceses on how to activate mtn wap on phones
Re: MTN Wap Settings Still AVAILABLE: Plus Email And Messengers In Your Phone. by Dclique(m): 10:39am On Oct 20, 2008
Rookies, lol

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of The New Digifon Boom-Q Ultraportable Bluetooth Speaker / I Need A Phone With Sharp Camera With Good Battery Life For 50k / Screenshot Your Home Page And Lockscreen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.