Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? (8923 Views)

Flood Takes Over Lagos-Ibadan Expressway This Morning (Photos) / Photos: Helicopters With Flags Seen Flying Over Lagos / Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by ak47mann(m): 12:18pm On May 10, 2012
illiterate is a disease i think we will create a new boko haram tactics in lagos.If u are eyeing my property sorry mate i will send almajiris to blow it up so basically lagos will look like a war zone by the time we finish coolrebuild and destroy
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by ikeyman00(m): 2:00pm On May 10, 2012
illugunboy
If Nigeria disintegrates today....I don't see any reason why any non-Yoruba will still want to make the West home without accepting the FACT that he/she is an immigrant. Nigeria (that gives you the privilege to enter and exit the West freely) cease to exist the day Biafra comes alive.

Get it into your heads, your privilege to live and work in Lagos or any part of the South-West for that matter as a free citizen, cease the day you get your Biafra.

Before you get Biafra...do whatever you want with your properties...destroy it...sell it or simply carry it into Biafra.

Anything after you get Biafra becomes an abandon property..simple as dodo!

the Yoruba could console themselves as much as they want

now to eveybody amazement the Yoruba are growing so desperate for separation after acknowledging the knock out and upper punch they ve recieving from the great igbos

u see a lot of people love to talk about separation and that but do they really know what they are tslking about

it just like the scotish talking all along about this english and that; now they have big chance to vote for independence they having a second thought; the sayin on the street is oye we need the english shocked

now the question that will be bugging up then will be

1; what will happen to the national reserve and etc

we the igbos can survive without that as u know we are on the way to buy up ogun state through the help of tinubu ha

illugun agbero boy u will always be a chief comedian in my book

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by macjive01: 2:52pm On May 10, 2012
Lagos in Nigeria is like dbanj in Mo' hits. as long as dbanj was in mo'hits other artists were condemned to obscurity.

however, immediately had he(dbanj) left tha the other artist are releasing hit ablum.

How many people knew who DR SID was ? i didnt know. rather didnt knew he well.

What makes Lagos what it is ?

CBN

APAPA WHAFF

OIL COMPANY HEAD QUARTERS

FINANCIAL CENTER

POPULATION

IF NIGERIA was to break up.

firstly, every of he other soveign country would set up their own CBN , isnt it ? lagos will lose the hugh advantage of financial center. many jobs will be lost, etc.

2. The other countries would set up seaports in their countries- including the middlebelt and Hausas. the river niger is larger, deeper and wider than the three most important straits in the world.
suez canal
panama canal
malaga strits in south china sea.
if these small rivers could support millions of sea vessels all over the world , the hausas and anyother party ( depending on the nature of breakage) would surely be able to harness the river's potentials.

lagos will lose hugely! no doubts. all the present ware houses will turn fallow. lagos will become a ghost city.

3. oil companies currently make up the majority of lagos tate internally generated revenue.
Now if the counry breaks up, does anyone expect the companies to still be in lagos while their operions is in another country ?
do you expect the other countries to accept not having the companies HQ in their country ? defintely NOT!
hence the oil companies will move. and lagos will lose her most guranteed source of income.

4. one of the allure of lagos is her population, evey manufacturin company eyes to break in her, if there is hostility and non-yorubas leave, there wouldn be many people left to attract and company. yoruba are naturally stingy, don like to spend, hence lagos within a few years will DIE. ABSOLUTE DEATH.

LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP, SUCKERS!

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by joeyfire(m): 4:09pm On May 10, 2012
Na wa for this jobless army of bloggers. Threatening to kill people over the internet. If una know say dem born una well, go to idumota where my brothers dey make their daily bread and repeat some of this cannabis induced shakara and see if u go survive am. Rubbish yarn, that's why people are buying pump acttion guns in case devil push una enough.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 10, 2012
ikeyman00:

the Yoruba could console themselves as much as they want

now to eveybody amazement the Yoruba are growing so desperate for separation after acknowledging the knock out and upper punch they ve recieving from the great igbos

u see a lot of people love to talk about separation and that but do they really know what they are tslking about

it just like the scotish talking all along about this english and that; now they have big chance to vote for independence they having a second thought; the sayin on the street is oye we need the english shocked

now the question that will be bugging up then will be

1; what will happen to the national reserve and etc

we the igbos can survive without that as u know we are on the way to buy up ogun state through the help of tinubu ha

illugun agbero boy u will always be a chief comedian in my book

This omo Igbo....I've warned years ago on this forum to back off from me. grin grin
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by aljharem(m): 4:41pm On May 10, 2012
Sad that even awon omo odudua joined in this madness.

A person with a discerning mind would know not to take Nairaland
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by macjive01: 4:48pm On May 10, 2012
macjive01: Lagos in Nigeria is like dbanj in Mo' hits. as long as dbanj was in mo'hits other artists were condemned to obscurity.

however, immediately had he(dbanj) left tha the other artist are releasing hit ablum.

CBN

APAPA WHAFF

FINANCIAL CENTER

POPULATION

firstly, every of he other soveign country would set up their own CBN , isnt it ? lagos will lose the hugh advantage of financial center. many jobs will be lost, etc.

2. The other countries would set up seaports in their countries- including the middlebelt and Hausas. the river niger is larger, deeper and wider than the three most important straits in the world.
suez canal
panama canal
if these small rivers could support millions of sea vessels all over the world , the hausas and anyother party ( depending on the nature of breakage) would surely be able to harness the river's potentials.

lagos will lose hugely! no doubts. all the present ware houses will turn fallow. lagos will become a ghost city.

3. oil companies currently make up the majority of lagos tate internally generated revenue.
Now if the counry breaks up, does anyone expect the companies to still be in lagos while their operions is in another country ?
do you expect the other countries to accept not having the companies HQ in their country ? defintely NOT!
hence the oil companies will move. and lagos will lose her most guranteed source of income.

4. one of the allure of lagos is her population, evey manufacturin company eyes to break in her, if there is hostility and non-yorubas leave, there wouldn be many people left to attract and company. yoruba are naturally stingy, don like to spend, hence lagos within a few years will DIE. ABSOLUTE DEATH.

Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 10, 2012
macjive01: Lagos in Nigeria is like dbanj in Mo' hits. as long as dbanj was in mo'hits other artists were condemned to obscurity.

CBN

APAPA WHAFF

FINANCIAL CENTER

POPULATION

suez canal
panama canal

You will be a lousy fortune teller...a bad one at that. Hope it's not your day-time paid job?
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by T9ksy(m): 5:19pm On May 10, 2012
Onlytruth:

Why do you people ALWAYS mouth off too much over Hausa killings? Oh I get it now. YOU LACK THE BALLS TO ATTEMPT ONE!
You will lament till the end of time and we will be making hay in Lagos and other parts of Ogun state that we are currently buying up.

I dey laff. cool cool cool

I mentioned hausa killing simply because according to you ibos, you own 75% of all businesses/houses in major

northern cities i.e kano, kadunna, abuja etc yet here we see hausas killing ibos at random and turning them into refugees/evacuatees

from the land they allegedly owned. Why didn't you ibos stay and fight for the lands you bought legally? And this is "One Nigeria" o!

Old Boy, please feel free to buy as much land as you want in ogun state and other parts of yorubaland but when "s.h.it hits the

fan" as it will eventually do, at least you and your ilk wouldn't say, you weren't forewarned.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by Onlytruth(m): 5:31pm On May 10, 2012
T9ksy:

I mentioned hausa killing simply because according to you ibos, you own 75% of all businesses/houses in major

northern cities i.e kano, kadunna, abuja etc yet here we see hausas killing ibos at random and turning them into refugees/evacuatees

from the land they allegedly owned. Why didn't you ibos stay and fight for the lands you bought legally? And this is "One Nigeria" o!

Old Boy, please feel free to buy as much land as you want in ogun state and other parts of yorubaland but when "s.h.it hits the

fan" as it will eventually do, at least you and your ilk wouldn't say, you weren't forewarned.

My friend, how old are you sef? Let me guess 17 years? undecided cry
Do you know the difference between INTERNATIONAL WAR and local killings supported by tribalists within the Nigerian army? Secondly, are you Hausa or Fulani? Have your people EVER dared to try that in their own land? Ever?
"One Nigeria" protects a lot of weak Nigerian groups. We (Igbo) are used to conflict and death, are you?
Imagine when you lose that Nigerian protection; would you ever stand other groups (Ijaw for instance, never mind the Igbo) in war? Why are you shouting yourself hoarse here?
You people just lack brains, in short. sad
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by Onlytruth(m): 5:39pm On May 10, 2012
BTW, we Ndigbo will NEVER cede any land fairly acquired in any part of Nigeria post-disintegration.
We may accept monetary (market)value paid in full for them, but nothing less. And it must be on the basis of willing seller, not forced seller. I know, that even when we get Biafra, there are still Igbo who may like to remain in their prior areas of domicile in "former Nigeria". Those Igbo will be protected by Biafra BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY. cool
So, if you have sold your father's land, forget it. It ain't nobody's fault. cool cool
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by macjive01: 5:44pm On May 10, 2012
ilugunboy:

You will be a lousy fortune teller...a bad one at that. Hope it's not your day-time paid job?

can you not have an argument without resulting to insults . haba what did i say that is wrong ? tell me my brother ( in alj harem sheepish attitude )
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by T9ksy(m): 5:57pm On May 10, 2012
Onlytruth: BTW, we Ndigbo will NEVER cede any land fairly acquired in any part of Nigeria post-disintegration.
We may accept monetary value paid in full for them, but nothing less. And it must be on the basis of willing seller, not forced seller. I know, that even when we get Biafra, there are still Igbo who would to remain in their prior areas of domicile in "former Nigeria". Those Igbo will be protected by Biafra BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY. cool
So, if you have sold your father's land, forget it. It ain't nobody's fault. cool cool

l really don't believe you fully grasp the implications of what you have just written above.

Looks like you guys are sporting for civil war part 2.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by ikeyman00(m): 6:06pm On May 10, 2012
^^^^ i think its best u shut up plz
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by T9ksy(m): 6:08pm On May 10, 2012
ikeyman00: ^^^^ i think its best u shut up plz

And what if i don't? WTH you gonna do about it, e-warrior?
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by ikeyman00(m): 6:11pm On May 10, 2012
^^^^ what we gona do about what ? haha

well we are on the mission to clear up ogun after that we will be heading to ur busy village u come from

abeg where is ur villa self cool
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by T9ksy(m): 7:13pm On May 10, 2012
ikeyman00: ^^^^ what we gona do about what ? haha

well we are on the mission to clear up ogun after that we will be heading to ur busy village u come from

abeg where is ur villa self cool

Abegi, keep coming o because i know for sure that eventually you ibos will "climb the tree pass the leaves".

Your fall will be worse than humty dumty's! This time around, there will be no £20 compensation for the losers.

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 10, 2012
macjive01:

can you not have an argument without resulting to insults . haba what did i say that is wrong ? tell me my brother ( in alj harem sheepish attitude )

Show me the part that you don't understand in my comment or that is insulting to you...next time you want to come out smoking hot..please use your real ID, am tired of seeing so many ID's from same user.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by freesoul3(f): 11:44pm On May 10, 2012
T9ksy:

l really don't believe you fully grasp the implications of what you have just written above.

Looks like you guys are sporting for civil war part 2.

naa, that is what you are preparing for
we are thinking of something you've never thought of - war between two separate nations.
that is where you are mistaken
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by amor4ce(m): 1:46am On May 11, 2012
ikeyman00: What are we going to do tomorrow night Onlytruth?

Onlytruth: Try to take over Lagos

ikeyman00; nna mehn! impossible dream
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by T9ksy(m): 2:50am On May 11, 2012
free_soul:

naa, that is what you are preparing for
we are thinking of something you've never thought of - war between two separate nations.
that is where you are mistaken

If you ibos believe that's the only option left to actualise your objective, then bring it on. Afterall,

according to you guys, yorubas are cowards, war-shy and genetically lacking in intestinal fortitude-so it should be a

walk in the park for you fearless and galant e-warriors.

just don't be surprised at the lengths, yorubas (and others) will go to, to defend the territorial integrity of their ancestral

land.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by CyberG: 5:19am On May 11, 2012
The same kind of talk that led to the problem of 1967 is here again. You guys are small kids without any iota of history or sense. Hope some people will not go crying about genocide. If Nigeria does breakup like you've been praying, move, sell or blow up whatever you own and leave immediately. It might be your only chance: the Jews who left Germany at the very beginning of the war were the luckiest.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by babsjnr(m): 8:34am On May 11, 2012
Ibo get mouth no action I remember during june 12 disaster all of them disappear to they village.

1 Like

Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by nku5: 10:44am On May 11, 2012
No be your bros start topic over "controversy" wey nobody dey debate. Abeg make we hear word

babsjnr: Ibo get mouth no action I remember during june 12 disaster all of them disappear to they village.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by T9ksy(m): 10:51am On May 11, 2012
Its instructive to note that of all the groups in the country, only ibos deem it fit to refer to other

people's land as "no man's land" and are willing to fight to achieve this objective.

Some people just never learn!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by Nobody: 11:14am On May 11, 2012
Can we then say Port Harcourt is a no man's land?
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by T9ksy(m): 12:21pm On May 11, 2012
ilugunboy: Can we then say Port Harcourt is a no man's land?

Yes ke!!! Anywhere (in nigeria) where there's a substantial number of ibos present, is a no man's land.

Just waiting (in due course,to be appropriated by their guests-the ibos!!!

Abuja itself is a no man's land where the ibos own 75% of all the businesses/land/houses in the area.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by ikeyman00(m): 6:28pm On May 11, 2012
Can we then say Port Harcourt is a no man's land?

yes it can be said only if yeye fool like u can afford a plot of land

only then u can allow to run ur eba mouth in port harcourt
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by oduasolja: 7:26pm On May 11, 2012
you guys are wasting your time with these igbos. dem never get sense.

they are landless lot desperate for somebody to feed them. without nigeria or some sort of union , they would die. thats why biafra for them was a do or die fight.

they are just being arrogant.

we dont have to fire one shot to get rid of them .

we will just stop selling them food and burn down their markets.

lets see how they will survive without eating.

we will prevent any of their goods from coming through our ports and terrorize them.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by oduasolja: 7:32pm On May 11, 2012

CBN

APAPA WHAFF

FINANCIAL CENTER

POPULATION

suez canal
panama canal

look at this dummy.

quite right we are all going to suffer in some way if nigeria breaks up.

but i guarantee you yorubas will progress and advance rapidly.

we have the land to feed ourselves. the oil . and other resources. we dont need any of the rest of yall . keep ur second hand electronics, your spare parts and ur okrika clothes.

Bleep off.
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by ikeyman00(m): 7:40pm On May 11, 2012
^^^^^^ yeye fool

u just dnt get it

we will buy ur muddy and bushy village

the only thing that can stop us is earthquake

we arent border about ur ewedu ikokori mentality u know

even shango is helpless

so what u gona do?

ranting in nl ehh
Re: The Controversy Over Lagos. . . .na Who Own The Land ? by oduasolja: 9:43pm On May 11, 2012
ikeyman00: ^^^^^^ yeye fool

u just dnt get it

we will buy ur muddy and bushy village

the only thing that can stop us is earthquake

we arent border about ur ewedu ikokori mentality u know

even shango is helpless

so what u gona do?

ranting in nl ehh

tell that to the 500,000 igbos running from kaduna as we speak.

u can buy what u want . but i promise u , u no go eat for our land.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Again, Court Stops Hike In Electricity Tariff / Kaduna Refinery resumes production in December - NNPC / External Reserves Hit 2017 High At $30.56bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.