Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,411 members, 7,822,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles (9860 Views)

LPPC Approves Conferment Of SAN On 21 Lawyers. List Dominated By S.west& S.east / FG Bans Civil Servants From Chieftaincy Titles / Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles by LocalChamp: 1:03am On May 07, 2012
FG to regulate conferment of chieftaincy
On May 7, 2012 · In News 12:39 amEmail0

By Caleb Ayansina

ABUJA – Federal Government, weekend, said it will soon roll out requirements for the award of chieftaincy titles by traditional rulers. It also unveiled the logo, Do it right – Transform Nigeria, with a view to instill honesty and integrity in Nigerians.

Director-General of National Orientation Agency, NOA, Mr. Mike Omeri, who disclosed this in Abuja, weekend, said there should be an honest way of conferring award on those that really deserved it to motivate people.

He said it was completely out of the way to honour people because of money rather than hard work.

Omeri, who stated this at a press conference on Do it right – Transform Nigeria campaign in Abuja, called for the adoption of the second stanza of the national anthem as national prayer in all public functions to promote common creed and the cause of a people united.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/fg-to-regulate-conferment-of-chieftaincy/
Re: FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles by CyberG: 1:26am On May 07, 2012
Seriously? The useless FG has fulfilled all its empty promises it now has the time to regulate chieftancy titles in over 770 LGs of Nigeria? How about regulating the oil industry and accounting for the subsidy funds stolen first?

10 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles by jamace(m): 6:13am On May 07, 2012
A very corrupt govt that can not regulate itself wants to regulate Chieftaincy title? How can this be possible?

How can the pot cleanse the kettle?

1 Like

Re: FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles by Nobody: 7:18am On May 07, 2012
Mike Omeri was Chief Consultant on Rigging to the Jonathan 2011 campaign, now he's DG of NOA & he wants transform Nigeria. grin King of Hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles by RichDad1(m): 7:23am On May 07, 2012
What about National Honours? these people are bunch of hypocrites
Re: FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles by Mynd44: 7:40am On May 07, 2012
See joblessness
Re: FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles by deandavid(m): 7:54am On May 07, 2012
joblessness of the highest order.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles by PhysicsQED(m): 8:36am On May 07, 2012
Waste of time and money and also an unnecessary government intrusion.

Director-General of National Orientation Agency, NOA

What's the purpose of this agency, anyway?
Re: FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles by Mynd44: 8:37am On May 07, 2012
This is just crazy
Re: FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles by SkyBlue1: 9:04am On May 07, 2012
THANK YOUUUU!!! FINALLY!!!! I have been wondering when this was going to get addressed. So how many ministers are we going to appoint and how much of the budget is going to be allocated to what I hope is a new ministry charged with these most arduos of tasks? It is a difficult and bold step but it is imperative and in the national interest.

Just last week I heard a five year old address his seven year old brother as "Chief", and I was like What the hell?!!?? Like, really, What the hell!! Can you imagine??!!!! What on earth is this world coming to?? Sure when I grabbed him by the hand and dared him to repeat what he just said and see if he wouldn't see red he said that is what they call his brother at home.

Now my question is this; did the parents go through the appropriate requirements and bodies before they started calling that little brat "Chief"? I checked, they didn't even know what I was talking about when I asked, and even decided to play ignorant. Since when did the title of "Junior" go out of fashion for these new 'too cool for school' generation of parents??

I also propose a task force and a corresponding ministry for the logistics of deploying this said force to areas they are desperatly needed (Some states go hear am pass and una know una self cheesy ).

See my vision, I am talking with friends and one of the doucebags throws around the C word flippantly to address somebody who has clearly not been vetted by the Agency for Chieftancy Ratification. I tell him the first time to mind his mouth before I do him bad tin. He drops the C word subsequently and I just vex and make that call, next thing I know it I am hearing helicopters (too many potholes in road it will take too long and not as cool), and I see men in black jump out like rambo to dish out prejudicial justice to the scumbag. This is the Nigeria of my dreams. Good to know the government is finally looking out for me. God bless Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles by kokoA(m): 9:14am On May 07, 2012
Very soon they will send a bill to the National assembly seeking to establish the National Chieftaincy Titles Regulatory Commission (NCTRC). embarassed The most anoying thing is that this agency will have a DG and directors who will own official cars, live in government houses, attend seminars around the world and most of all drag Abuja babes with us cry cry. Government why?!

2 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles by ektbear: 9:15am On May 07, 2012
This is a local thing. Has nothing to do with the FG. Even the British to my knowledge did not take it upon themselves to regulate cheiftancy titles.

Certainly the Nigerian FG should not have this power.

I doubt that this is constitutional.
Re: FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles by llorisbhone(m): 9:24am On May 07, 2012
haha. Why now? When me dey expect my great grandfather to be given a chieftancy title next month. he's just 112 years of age. He'll lyk to have MON too.
Re: FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles by llorisbhone(m): 9:25am On May 07, 2012
thou he's dead now, but aspar Nigeria now. I can represent him
Re: FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles by Samchuky(m): 9:33am On May 07, 2012
This is absolute joblessnessnessness...
Re: FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles by PeeDaVinci: 9:40am On May 07, 2012
think it is somehow, somewhat right to regulate this "industry"
however, this is no way near wat should be the govt priority. besides this corrupt govt lack any and every moral standing to initiate that.
lastly, this move will further increase wat it is plannin to stop (corruption), as "to-be" chiefs will now have to bribe another set of pple (regulators) before being conferred
Re: FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles by thoth: 9:53am On May 07, 2012
people should not allow any incursion to the traditions and customs of the people, the only outcome will be hijacking of traditional and local institutions and instilling nationwide corruption down to cultural realms(which remains our last stand to neo-colonialism) and gradual privatization of those institutions. Once our cultural heritage and instituted procedures are eroded we will loose our identity and if you people ever think of the consequences of that you will see reasons to fight vehemently against this incursion.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles by slap1(m): 9:58am On May 07, 2012
This is just what we need to reclaim our lost glory as a nation. Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles by juman(m): 9:59am On May 07, 2012
FG has no moral justification to do that.
Re: FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles by AlusiOkija: 10:17am On May 07, 2012
Nna odika this Jonathan is on cheap crack!! So I will now have to pass a federal government approval process to collect my 7th chieftancy title?!

nna odikwa risky o!!

The government is playing with ome'nani!!

Somebody should better advice Jonathan o!! Them no dey use Champagne pour libation o!!

angry

2 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles by JW214: 10:21am On May 07, 2012
For this great move, I think the DG of NOA deserves a chieftancy title

2 Likes

Re: FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles by NaijaNaWaa: 10:36am On May 07, 2012
Expect Federal Ministry of Chieftancy Affairs, National chieftaincy Titles Regulation Authority and Office of Senior Special Assistant to the President on Chieftaincy Affairs.

Craze no be small thing.
Re: FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles by ismhab(m): 10:55am On May 07, 2012
We need rice to eat not regulate chieftaincy, fight corruption, fight poverty, fight injustice and looting.
Re: FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles by Nobody: 10:55am On May 07, 2012
haha!
Re: FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles by lordspiritual(m): 10:56am On May 07, 2012
PhysicsQED: Waste of time and money and also an unnecessary government intrusion.

What's the purpose of this agency, anyway?
the orientation of nigerians..... wink wink
joblessness at its peak!!!!!!! smh

1 Like

Re: FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles by badesco(m): 11:06am On May 07, 2012
It is nothing but fruitless and useless venture. Government should address more pressing issues confronting it citizens than embarking on a wasteful venture that will not yield any fruit.
Re: FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles by olaadegoke(m): 11:09am On May 07, 2012
This man must be on crack,where was he when GEJ was dashing out awards and titles without merit to roadside mechanics undecided mtseww
Re: FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles by eastOFwest(m): 11:34am On May 07, 2012
So no more 'Eze buru buru 1 of ....'

1 Like

Re: FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles by tommykiwi(m): 11:48am On May 07, 2012
UNA NO GO LOOK INTO UN-EMPLOYED GRADUATES NA CHIEFTAINCY TITLES UNA DEY REASON FIRST....YOUTH NEED WORK NOT DIS USELESS TITLES....MAKE UNA GO VILLAGES GO DO THAT ONE...FRAUD GOVERNMENT NOT FEDERAL GOVERNMENT

1 Like

Re: FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles by supoade: 11:52am On May 07, 2012
FG that cannot regulate National Award ...GCFR, MON,CFR now wants to regulate this!. very funny!

1 Like

Re: FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles by jude33084(m): 11:58am On May 07, 2012
LocalChamp: FG to regulate conferment of chieftaincy
On May 7, 2012 · In News 12:39 amEmail0

By Caleb Ayansina

ABUJA – Federal Government, weekend, said it will soon roll out requirements for the award of chieftaincy titles by traditional rulers. It also unveiled the logo, Do it right – Transform Nigeria, with a view to instill honesty and integrity in Nigerians.

Director-General of National Orientation Agency, NOA, Mr. Mike Omeri, who disclosed this in Abuja, weekend, said there should be an honest way of conferring award on those that really deserved it to motivate people.

He said it was completely out of the way to honour people because of money rather than hard work.

Omeri, who stated this at a press conference on Do it right – Transform Nigeria campaign in Abuja, called for the adoption of the second stanza of the national anthem as national prayer in all public functions to promote common creed and the cause of a people united.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/fg-to-regulate-conferment-of-chieftaincy/

The thing is too much, especially Ibos and the Yorubas giving every Dick and Harry tittles.
Re: FG To Regulate Conferment Of Chieftaincy Titles by otokx(m): 11:59am On May 07, 2012
Some agencies need to be scrapped as they obviously do not have any responsibilities.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko-Haram Planning Massive Attacks For Sallah- JTF / Osun PDP Dismisses Ogunbiyi’s Appeal, Presents Adeleke As Candidate / Governor Inuwa Yahaya Borrowed, Looted N55.3 Billion In Two Years - Gazette

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.