Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Did Snakes Have Legs Before God Cursed Them? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Snakes Have Legs Before God Cursed Them? (18847 Views)

Is Glo Blackberry Subscription On Android Sin Before God. Pls Read This. / SA Pastor Who Makes His Congregation Eat Snakes, Beaten, His Church Burnt Down / Pastor Tries To Fly Like Angel To Jerusalem, Breaks Legs Before His Congregation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Snakes Have Legs Before God Cursed Them? by LogicMind: 12:55pm On May 07, 2012
In Genesis 3: 14, god cursed the snake and said "you will crawl on your belly..."

Were snakes walking or flying before this?
Re: Did Snakes Have Legs Before God Cursed Them? by Jack65: 1:07pm On May 07, 2012
Lol! I am sure you know that the whole Genesis is complete bulls crap! But of course that's what it implies. Maybe snake used to walk like a man before he was cursed grin
Re: Did Snakes Have Legs Before God Cursed Them? by Joagbaje(m): 7:53pm On May 07, 2012
Snakes Obviously walked on legs like other animals before the curse.
Re: Did Snakes Have Legs Before God Cursed Them? by Ptolomeus(m): 8:15pm On May 07, 2012
Joagbaje:
Snakes Obviously walked on legs like other animals before the curse.
In fact it was dragons, snake-shaped, flew and drove fire-breathing ...
From that moment disappeared dragons and snakes began to crawl.
It is amusing to read how some want to justify the unjustifiable!
Logic Mind excellent observation!
The Bible also says "do not worship other gods ..."
I have come to the conclusion that the Bible should be read without thinking.
It's like a TV entertainment "If you think, you lose!"
Re: Did Snakes Have Legs Before God Cursed Them? by buzugee(m): 10:29pm On May 07, 2012
Logic Mind: In Genesis 3: 14, god cursed the snake and said "you will crawl on your belly..."

that story is what you would call a symbolic reference. an allegory. snake refers to character of the man who deceived eve, not an actual snake. the man was a deceiver. a snake.
Re: Did Snakes Have Legs Before God Cursed Them? by Ptolomeus(m): 10:41pm On May 07, 2012
buzugee: that story is what you would call a symbolic reference. an allegory. snake refers to character of the man who deceived eve, not an actual snake. the man was a deceiver. a snake.
Hello dear friend!

I've heard that ... But in another version says that the serpent was a woman ... Mhhhhh I do not know what is worse for Eve ...
Re: Did Snakes Have Legs Before God Cursed Them? by snthesis(m): 11:31pm On May 07, 2012
Logic Mind: In Genesis 3: 14, god cursed the snake and said "you will crawl on your belly..."

basically, what is ur point?
Re: Did Snakes Have Legs Before God Cursed Them? by buzugee(m): 11:41pm On May 07, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Hello dear friend!

I've heard that ... But in another version says that the serpent was a woman ... Mhhhhh I do not know what is worse for Eve ...
Hello Brother Ptolomeus. The serpent was human. Male or Female is irrelevant. eve got decieved by one of the adamites into accepting a different philosophy. a different doctrine and she convinced adam to accept it too ( wasnt exactly a physical apple ) and they both deviated from the lord their protection and they realized they were both naked ( not naked without clothes, but exposed without protection as the lords protection had been removed from them )
Re: Did Snakes Have Legs Before God Cursed Them? by Ngwakwe: 7:02am On May 08, 2012

Why worry? You already resolved that there is nothing true in the Bible hence your assertion, there is no God.

Are you a confused Atheist and what is bothering you in your scientific discoveries and carbon dating? It seems we Christians can help, but tell us what exactly is your confusion and where you are stocked.
Re: Did Snakes Have Legs Before God Cursed Them? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:58am On May 08, 2012
the elements of paraga and wee wee is in the air
Re: Did Snakes Have Legs Before God Cursed Them? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:59pm On May 08, 2012
Logic Mind:

In Genesis 3: 14, god cursed the snake and said "you will crawl on your belly..."

When we say science is playing catch-up with the Bible you don't take us serious. The link below shows how you struggle with the fact that snakes used to have legs and explain it away as evolution.

http://news.discovery.com/animals/snakes-lost-legs-evolution-110207.html

Re: Did Snakes Have Legs Before God Cursed Them? by anukulapo: 6:05pm On May 08, 2012
How funny it is to see that logic mind;OP's logical mind is not logical enough to logically deduce logicr. Aim at one logic or divine.

LOGIC: Compare a snake to the likes of a centipede or millipede nd do a logical deduction if it was possible that snake ever had legs. If you don't believe the divine,you should believe science/evolution/logic. "What if" the curse that was divinely placed on the snake manifested as what your ppl refer to as evolution that made the snake lost it's legs? (what if= a logical operator)

DIVINE: Ask God or find for no man can convince you about the story in genesis for it was not written in this age. It may be that the story is symbolical nd not literal. Only that your mind has been puffed up nd you can't humble yourself to ask God. Maybe you are hardened or he has hardened you.
Re: Did Snakes Have Legs Before God Cursed Them? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:11pm On May 08, 2012
Adam blamed Eve and Eve blamed the serpent and the serpent had no leg to stand on.

Re: Did Snakes Have Legs Before God Cursed Them? by harakiri(m): 6:54pm On May 08, 2012

grin grin cheesy
Re: Did Snakes Have Legs Before God Cursed Them? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:15pm On May 08, 2012
I find the yawning inability of atheists to comprehend religious matters heart-rendering - worse more i find the inability of Christians to understand Christianity deafeningly traumatic - The Snake is one of many interwoven complex metaphors in deep biblical revelations - I won't be surprised to find an atheists' hand in this confusion grin
Re: Did Snakes Have Legs Before God Cursed Them? by Ptolomeus(m): 9:57pm On May 08, 2012
Ejem!
I am not an atheist ...
Try to find the answer in the parable (that they love to Christians)
The serpent was really Adam's wife's mother ...
Only a mother in law can do so much damage and is as poisonous as a snake.
After that, God turned the mother in law in snake ...
That is more credible, right?

(1) (Reply)

Church Members Kill Owl In Delta State, Burn It (Photos) / Is SMOKING A SIN / Should I Open A Prophetic Ministry? : Please I Need Matured Advices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.