Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,348 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll (10579 Views)

PDP Will Win Gubernatorial Poll In 24 States – Mu’azu / Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) / Mimiko Wins Ondo Gubernatorial Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by onyengbu: 1:09pm On May 08, 2012
deshclones:

now i see you are very bitter m0r0n..your entire post smacks of inferiority complex and out right jealousy...i used to caution chino to desist from insulting you imo folks [/b]since we are one igbo..but now i see he truly has a point...the rest of ala-igbo really beef Anambra...

its no longer a known fact that we have the brightest of human beings who have continually excelled in every facet of human endeavour..but for you to say a state that is endowed with all human and natural resources possible,has the largest market in west africa,has nnewi reputed to be the japan of africa,home to river niger and so many natural tourist sites like ogbunike cave,agulu lake,imo awka shrine/festival,home to the great DMGS and so many educational institutions..etc...is not wealthy is hitting below the belt...kindly desist from posting on this thread and allow bonafide [b]umu anambra..light of the entire black
nation discuss the development and upliftment of that beautiful endowned state..cheers tongue tongue tongue tongue

Meenn!
You are such a axehole! Cheii! So even if the guy is from imo its enough reason to insult all imo folks because you are disagreeing with one.

I was going to be engaging you on the catholic issue till i read this nonsense from you. Tufia!

What am i doing here with retards!
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by Ikology(m): 1:26pm On May 08, 2012
Demdem:

What is the purpose of a forum like if not to discuss issues being raised. Asking me who am i smacks childishness of the highest order. Am a Nigerian and that is more than enough. if u are not ok with that then leave this forum or go commit suicide.

Telling me Anambra has got all i mentioned shows how u swell in lies. Anambra has a long way to way especially when compared to even his neighbouring states like Delta and even Enugu. Go build ur airport, it wont change the fact that its a sttupid thing to do now.
Ogbeni you are derailing this. thread.
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by ifechez: 1:37pm On May 08, 2012
Alusi Okija:

Your first problem is that you are from IMO STATE.

You guys in that state have been so a'nally r'aped that if your governor decides to paint all the roads red, you would count it as development. When you spoke about Akwa Ibom was when I realized you had lost the plot of governance. The job of the government is to build roads, provide security, basic amenities (healthcare, water & electricity) and take care of the economy of the state by making the state business friendly (either by special tax breaks to companies or other such incentives).

Akwa Ibom state governor has pushed his state way ahead of its time. He has startegically positioned his state to accomodate the growth he is anticipating. He has invested in superb roads, mapped out streets and is opening up new areas, is one of the few states investing in energy generation (like Rivers State) so soon enough, they would be self sufficient in electricity and then all he has to do is find a way to make the state as safe as possible (although this is a function of the federal government and is barely within his control)... Also he has invested in education both locally and internationally by sending QUALIFIED Akwa Ibomites abroad to further their studies, refubrishing the local schools as well. I dont know how much he has done in Agriculture but Akwa Ibom state is on the right path. This done, sit back and watch that state breakout. They have proximity to River State and Calabar ports so business would be good for importers. They also have a good airport with actual daily flights so go figure... Soon, people would appreciate what he has done. Do you think a factory would want to be in a state where the roads are bad, the electricity is a mess and the security is poor or in one that has all these?!

Industries are good, but basic amenities remain the priority of the government.

u wrote well firstly, i wil advice to purge urself of hate,discrimination and nepotism. I dnt any differences or boundaries in alaigbo. 4 d fact ur parents come 4rm anambra does nt make u more anambrarian dan i am. If u must know, i spent d first 23 years of my life in anambra (osha precisely) and dat makes me a stakeholder. Secondly, common economics and commerce theories tel us the things dat drives economy are proximity to market, security and energy notwithstanding if d place has supersonic good roads and bridges or nt. Thirdly, if awka ibom has all d tins u stated why is it dat nt one single industry had been attracted state production. Its also on record dat d poverty level in awka ibom high compared to anambra. Forthly, if anambra state lacks d necessary infrastructures, why is it dat alot of companies (like juhel,innoson,orange drugs,LG etc) hav set up their plants in d state since obi assumed authority while some(like emzor,sabmiller, d biggest distilleries etc) are stil constructing their factory?. Nt 4getin fertilizer plant(a state and federal govt joint venture) at amawbia. D administration of Mr Peter Obi is a blessing nt only to anambra bt to d entire SE. An astute administrator, a thoughtful and purposeful leader, sincere,mature in speech, a firm believer in eradicatin poverty dat has ravaged our dignity as men first. Give it to OBI biko. Okija juju=Alusi okija onye Nri, i hav read ur post on forum 4rm d sidelines 4 quite sometime now. I respect ur personality and d sargacious way u write most of d time. D'alu
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by Afam4eva(m): 1:43pm On May 08, 2012
Andy Uba should go and sit down. Chukwuma Soludo for 2014. Yes we can.
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by Demdem(m): 2:08pm On May 08, 2012
jbaur24:

The guy needs help. I hope somebody should volunteer to help the poor boy. Am still wondering what the clown is doing on Anambra thread instead of focusing on his backward state of origin.
deshclones:

bleep off...who cares if you stay or not..abegii....just steer clear of Anambra threads..thank you cool cool cool cool

Jesters. Anambra thread indeed. The last time i checked, am still on Nairaland not igboland, politics section so i am in the right place. needs to talk some sense to some peeps like u. However its left for u to accept. Thats beyond me.
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by Demdem(m): 2:14pm On May 08, 2012
Ikology: Ogbeni you are derailing this. thread.

how am i? Uba wants to become Governor in 2014, i have no issues with that if thats what the majority of Anambrans wnat. what i have issues with is what he said about his intention to build an airport (of cos u read that part in the opening post) which i am discussing. so, u sir tell me how am derailing the thread?
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by deshclones(m): 2:27pm On May 08, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

Meenn!
You are such a axehole! Cheii! So even if the guy is from imo its enough reason to insult all imo folks because you are disagreeing with one.

I was going to be engaging you on the catholic issue till i read this nonsense from you. Tufia!

What am i doing here with retards!

see your life..guess your brother's supposed profession has not rubbed off on you.....bleeding idiotic brother of a rev father... angry angry angry
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by adultiph: 2:29pm On May 08, 2012
Dr Ifeanyi Patrick Uba (Capital Oil and gas) is also warming up for 2014.
Believe me this guy will take Anambra to the next level.
His contributions to the society speaks volume of his love for Anambra
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by Demdem(m): 2:32pm On May 08, 2012
Please brothers should stop fighting themselves on this thread. grin grin grin

adultiph: Dr Ifeanyi Patrick Uba (Capital Oil and gas) is also warming up for 2014.
Believe me this guy will take Anambra to the next level.
His contributions to the society speaks volume of his love for Anambra

capital oil, that kerosene guy? Wonderful. grin grin grin
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by onyengbu: 2:42pm On May 08, 2012
deshclones:

see your life..guess your brother's supposed profession has not rubbed off on you.....bleeding idiotic brother of a rev father... angry angry angry
shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by Dainfamous: 2:44pm On May 08, 2012
What i no is that anambra state is a rich state,both human and natural resources.Let me give you an example,if you look at main market head bridge,nkpor spare parts and industries nnewi spare parts and industries,you will see that over 1.5million people are employed either by learning business under their oga or some were employed to learn and to be part of-the company especially family members,now assuming the number of shops in onitsha main market is 1000000 in numbers which i know is possible being the biggest market in west Africa.
Nkpor new parts has over 300.000 shops/warehouses head bridge 100.000 am not counting nnewi ohhh just onitsha.ok when looking at it how many jobs did you think these warehouses and shops have created for so many years and still going?millions of people if you calculate it well,and somebody will have the audacity to think anambra does not need an int-airport?that person is very short sighted he cant think beyond....do you guys know how much peter obi makes from all these shops and factories and warehouses in a month? it runs in billions sad because in lagos the same business people pay their weekly or monthly tax as their counter part in anambra and we can see what fashola is doing with the money, pls can someone tell me if something is not wrong here...................... angry
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by Dainfamous: 2:50pm On May 08, 2012
anambra state govt can even afford social welfare for lower income people and other amenities because people in that state contribute a lot to state treasury but they get very little in return is annoying..............................
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by Demdem(m): 3:03pm On May 08, 2012
Da infamous: anambra state govt can even afford social welfare for lower income people and other amenities because people in that state contribute a lot to state treasury but they get very little in return is annoying..............................

I will prefer this to come first before the airport project. Dont get me wrong, am aint saying it will be a bad idea having an airport in Anambra, my argument is simply timing, as in when. For now, Anambrans can make do of the many Airports all around them coupled with with Port that will soon be commissioned in Anambra. These airports coupled with the ones Anambra intends building will still be controlled by Federal controlled agencies like FAAN, NAHCOL, NACA etc and so the argument that Anambrans will be specially treated in a state built airport is unfounded.

As capacities and wealth continues to build over the years and obvious to all that all these airports around Anambra wont be able to cope any longer with the traffic, then pronto build the airport.

Enough needs are presently needed in Anambra and i think the Govt will be better of focussing on such.
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:09pm On May 08, 2012
ifechez: u wrote well firstly, i wil advice to purge urself of hate,discrimination and nepotism. I dnt any differences or boundaries in alaigbo. 4 d fact ur parents come 4rm anambra does nt make u more anambrarian dan i am. If u must know, i spent d first 23 years of my life in anambra (osha precisely) and dat makes me a stakeholder. Secondly, common economics and commerce theories tel us the things dat drives economy are proximity to market, security and energy notwithstanding if d place has supersonic good roads and bridges or nt. Thirdly, if awka ibom has all d tins u stated why is it dat nt one single industry had been attracted state production. Its also on record dat d poverty level in awka ibom high compared to anambra. Forthly, if anambra state lacks d necessary infrastructures, why is it dat alot of companies (like juhel,innoson,orange drugs,LG etc) hav set up their plants in d state since obi assumed authority while some(like emzor,sabmiller, d biggest distilleries etc) are stil constructing their factory?. Nt 4getin fertilizer plant(a state and federal govt joint venture) at amawbia. D administration of Mr Peter Obi is a blessing nt only to anambra bt to d entire SE. An astute administrator, a thoughtful and purposeful leader, sincere,mature in speech, a firm believer in eradicatin poverty dat has ravaged our dignity as men first. Give it to OBI biko. Okija juju=Alusi okija onye Nri, i hav read ur post on forum 4rm d sidelines 4 quite sometime now. I respect ur personality and d sargacious way u write most of d time. D'alu

Nwanne, daalu rinne. All these ppl who are here bickering like market women are those who hate the progresses that Anambra is making under Obi's administration. The man is a blessing to the entire Ana-Igbo. As for Okija-Juju,leave him alone; He is a confused goon!
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by pssword: 3:34pm On May 08, 2012
It would be interesting to see what happens without uncle OBJ's influence :-)
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 08, 2012
ak47mann: soludo should take APGA ticket for 2014..............
soludo will be worster than Peter Obi we need real politicians in Anambra state not all those book worms. Soludo and Dora are birds of same feather. We dont need them abeg
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by Demdem(m): 3:44pm On May 08, 2012
^^^^

Be careful what u wish for.
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by onyengbu: 4:00pm On May 08, 2012
Demdem: ^^^^

Be careful what u wish for.

lol grin grin
derailist!
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by Demdem(m): 4:05pm On May 08, 2012
onye_ngbu*:

lol grin grin
derailist!

na beg i beg ooo. Dont call me what am not cry cry

Demdem:

how am i? Uba wants to become Governor in 2014, i have no issues with that if thats what the majority of Anambrans wnat. what i have issues with is what he said about his intention to build an airport (of cos u read that part in the opening post) which i am discussing. so, u sir tell me how am derailing the thread?
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by onyengbu: 4:57pm On May 08, 2012
Uba cannot be our governor. Though he might have turned out better than Obi, he still has a lot of unresolved baggages with him.

Nigerians tend to forget easily but i am sure anambrarians will not forget quickly what andy and his brother did with anambra.

It will hunt him for ever.
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by Demdem(m): 5:00pm On May 08, 2012
I feel u. I also detest leaders with baggages.
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by Abagworo(m): 5:08pm On May 08, 2012
From what I've seen both on this forum and reality, it is better Imo State aligns itself with SS than SE. We don't speak the same language and do not have the same way of life and we can't mix.
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by AlusiOkija: 5:08pm On May 08, 2012
ifechez: u wrote well firstly, i wil advice to purge urself of hate,discrimination and nepotism. I dnt any differences or boundaries in alaigbo. 4 d fact ur parents come 4rm anambra does nt make u more anambrarian dan i am. If u must know, i spent d first 23 years of my life in anambra (osha precisely) and dat makes me a stakeholder. Secondly, common economics and commerce theories tel us the things dat drives economy are proximity to market, security and energy notwithstanding if d place has supersonic good roads and bridges or nt. Thirdly, if awka ibom has all d tins u stated why is it dat nt one single industry had been attracted state production. Its also on record dat d poverty level in awka ibom high compared to anambra. Forthly, if anambra state lacks d necessary infrastructures, why is it dat alot of companies (like juhel,innoson,orange drugs,LG etc) hav set up their plants in d state since obi assumed authority while some(like emzor,sabmiller, d biggest distilleries etc) are stil constructing their factory?. Nt 4getin fertilizer plant(a state and federal govt joint venture) at amawbia. D administration of Mr Peter Obi is a blessing nt only to anambra bt to d entire SE. An astute administrator, a thoughtful and purposeful leader, sincere,mature in speech, a firm believer in eradicatin poverty dat has ravaged our dignity as men first. Give it to OBI biko. Okija juju=Alusi okija onye Nri, i hav read ur post on forum 4rm d sidelines 4 quite sometime now. I respect ur personality and d sargacious way u write most of d time. D'alu

You counsel on Hate, discrimination and neoptism have been duly noted and will be taken under advisement.

Just so you know though, all that anally r'aped stuff was just a figure of speech though. And I mean it. I have my reservations about the current governors of IMO state especially and Abia and I havent left anyone in doubt as to how I fee about him. Ebonyi is even worse than them. But thats not the subject matter of this discourse. You said something about commerce/Economic theories that say the factors that drive a market include;

-Proximity to Market
-Energy
-Security

e.t.c.

I couldnt agree more. But lets lay emphasis on "PROXIMITY TO MARKET". Is the market for most if not all Anambra State made goods actually Anambra State?! Like really?! Even its neighbouring states are not their target market. The truth is I really cant explain why most Factories you called all choose to open up shop in Anambra state.

Wait!! Maybe! Just maybe its because virtually all these companies you have liste are all owned by Igbo men of Anambra State decent more than any other thing... And maybe the only other economic factor would be 'Cheap Labour'. Dont you think thats the reason?! I mean, look at it, most of the front runners in Phamacuetical drugs are Igbo men. They are either owned by Igbo men or Igbo men have bought/signed the MOU with these companies to open up shop in Nigeria. I really do not believe that it is because of any real economic factor. Anambra State isnt the safest state in Nigeria, the roads are quite decent but the polity is volatile. It really isnt the ideal state for any business man to wanna open up a production company in for the following reasons;

-Security is poor.
-Accessibility to raw materials is equally poor and all Anambra State production/Manufacturing businesses (from Chikason plastics to Ogbuawa Motorcycles to Innoson) all import 85% of their goods which all come in through Lagos ports/boarder (air & Sea), Port Harcourt ports or Calabar port. And the road leading up to Anambra from these states arent that good and we dont have any working railways either.
-Anambra as at my last check have no special incentives for companies/factories and multiple...
-The market for goods produced in Anambra are not even meant for anambra market but for markets in far away lagos, Port-Harcourt, Abuja and bigger cites around Nigeria and outside as well.
-Instability in the polity which does affects the economy of a state.

e.t.c

Like you rightly stated, Akwa Ibom is a poor state, infact, prior to the current administration, Akwa Ibom was only known for "MOBIL NIGERIA LIMITED EKET BASE", producing Okada men, Houseboys and house girls and witchcraftcy. Its this image that the current administration is working earnestly to change. Such change isnt over night. Thats why the government has even gone ahead of the change to make preparations to accomodate it so he doesnt suffer what Rivers State is suffering from now (poor future plans). It is without a doubt that Akwa Ibom is the next hot thing in Nigeria. If they finish their electrical project, I am sorry but the business that would go to that state would not be based on ethnic sentiments, but it would be an open market like what you have in Rivers State & Lagos.

I understand you, and get what you are driving at with the poverty eradication bit; which is providing jobs. But what you may also want to consider is that economics is a vicious cycle, if not properly followed, the wealth created in one sector would be drained in another. Example; The money gotten from working at these plants (@ minimum wage of 18,000) would go right back into the drain when they have to spend it on providing these basic amenities which the government should have provided for in the first place...

PS: Pardon any typos you notice... Typed this in a hurry
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by Akintola11(m): 5:46pm On May 08, 2012
The latest installment of the my weekly column by Think Africa Press 'This Week in Nigeria- 788 striking doctors sacked by Lagos, Gunmen murder Edo State governor’s aide, Cameroon bans pastor TB Joshua & much more! stay current, stay informed.

http://thinkafricapress.com/nigeria/blog/week-nigeria-788-striking-doctors-sacked-lagos-state
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by chino11(m): 7:21pm On May 08, 2012
Alusi Okija:

I think I will invite you to present a paper in the forthcoming conference for 'Future Cities' coming up soon @ Barn-Hills Resort Awka. cool grin
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by valdubem(m): 7:51pm On May 08, 2012
Ifeanyi Uba (MD/CEO CAPITAL OIL AND GAS). He will be Anambra state governor come 2014
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by bestview: 8:13pm On May 08, 2012
Abagworo: From what I've seen both on this forum and reality, it is better Imo State aligns itself with SS than SE. We don't speak the same language and do not have the same way of life and we can't mix.

Why note open a thread and continue your senseless beef. Little wonder Anambra man nor woman will not want to have anything to do with you imo people when it comes to marriage.

You people can even also align with almajiris for all we care. We don't need you people. Who cares where you people belong. Before nko. cool cool
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by NwaNimo1(m): 8:15pm On May 08, 2012
Ifeanyi Uba (MD/CEO CAPITAL OIL AND GAS). He will be Anambra state governor come 2014??

The subsidy thief? Has he repaid his looted funds?

Let the guy declare his intentions - as he will quickly be exposed as another crook who has no business in politics.
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by Abagworo(m): 8:38pm On May 08, 2012
bestview:

Why note open a thread and continue your senseless beef. Little wonder Anambra man nor woman will not want to have anything to do with you imo people when it comes to marriage.

You people can even also align with almajiris for all we care. We don't need you people. Who cares where you people belong. Before nko. cool cool

That's exactly the problem. Everyone has right to criticize Orji of Abia or talk about the poor state of infrastructure in Abia but once that of Anambra comes in, it becomes tribalized. I've tried to understand it but I feel we do not belong to same ethnic group with Anambra. They can't hear our language. We seem more related to Rivers and Abia. We place education above money. We can marry any ethnic group without hassles and above all we are very neat people as can be testified from our decent dressing and beautiful city.
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by bestview: 9:15pm On May 08, 2012
^

Don't you know that there is more of rot and decay on infrastructure in your imo state? You should devote more attention to the sorry condition of your state which is being run down by the that talkative 419 led government.

We never said we have anything to do with you people, we never want to ever want to have anything to do with you people. This explains why we Anambrans does not marry you people, even our girls dare not too. So what more, take whatever good you think you have and go far from anything Anambrans because we don't want nor like you people anywhere around us.

1 Like

Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by igboboy1(m): 9:31pm On May 08, 2012
wetin concern anambra with airport?

Abeg anambra people you should tell your governor to focus on the onitsha port, cos it does not make sense to have an airport in Asaba, Delta and one in Anambra..

The airport in delta will benefit the two states and the port in Anambra will benefit the two states
Re: Andy Uba Declares For 2014 Anambra Gubernatorial Poll by novenaven(m): 9:44pm On May 08, 2012
its rightfully his.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Political Figures And Their Nairaland-given Names / Buhari Defeating Gej On Reno Omokiri's Buildup Nigeria Polls / Buhari Can Fund Election Without National Assembly Approval - PACAC Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.