Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,796 members, 7,851,684 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:26 AM

Help How To Obtain E-passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help How To Obtain E-passport (680 Views)

Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. / Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport / How Can Someone Living Abroad Obtain The New E-passport? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help How To Obtain E-passport by sirrinky: 10:37pm On May 07, 2012
Hello fellow friends please i need your help i want to know how much the new passport costs and the procedure for obtaining 1. Also if any one has an idea of how blong it takes to pick it up i would really appreciate.
Re: Help How To Obtain E-passport by Zi: 7:21am On May 08, 2012
Officially, e-passport is N8,750 for the scratch card. Then u go online, fill the form and submit the printout to the immigration office for issuance of the e-passport. This is all things being equal but bro, you may not get it like that. Most cyber cafes are not equipped for this registration; they may not have webcam, thumb print and signature readers. So the immigration offices have alloted a fee of N3,000 sometimes more, for 'opening file' because they are at an advantage having all the above mentioned equipment. So the least u can pay is N12,000 or as much as N25,000 depending on who you meet and your bargaining power. So, just walk up straight to their office with your: birth certificate, local government of origin 2 passport photographs and a guarantor's credentials. Your guarantor is anyone 18 years and above who can give you photocopies of his/her international passport, driver's licence/ national I'd card and a passport photograph. Then, of course your money. You have your e-passport! Your passport is supposed to be ready the same day you apply for it but many factors can hinder it. Sometimes they may also intentionally delay it to make you add money for them. Other times you could get 'no light or no network' excuses. Goodluck, bro.
Re: Help How To Obtain E-passport by sirrinky: 7:35am On May 08, 2012
so does it mean that if i can get a cyber cafe that has web cam and thumb print machine i could simply do everything online?
Re: Help How To Obtain E-passport by Zi: 9:49pm On May 08, 2012
Will the cyber have signature reader too? Just go and pay at the immigration office, it will save you a lot.
Re: Help How To Obtain E-passport by sirrinky: 12:13am On May 09, 2012
Am running a very lean budget already n i dnt even have up to 15k for d passport.
Re: Help How To Obtain E-passport by Nobody: 12:39am On May 09, 2012
sir rinky: Am running a very lean budget already n i dnt even have up to 15k for d passport.
you can see now that our post is still d same thing....bro, go to the immigration office,it saves ur time and stress bcs if u do as ur said,u will still spend some money. Take ur birth certificate,pp photo and ur state of origin along and get ur pp.

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders Please Help / Qatar,australia Or Norway? / Letter Of Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.