Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,151 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Live Webcam Feed In Vb6 - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Live Webcam Feed In Vb6 (1728 Views)

Urgent!!! Convert Source Code Written In VB6. To VB .NET / Login Code In Vb6.0 / A Very Simple Loan Calculator In Vb6 Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Live Webcam Feed In Vb6 by hoodboi(m): 11:45pm On May 07, 2012
Please I need this for my final year project.. I am writing an application that requires viewing what a client is doing via his own webcam on the client computer system. The application should be in vb6,it should be able to stream live webcam feed from the client computer system to the server.

I have thought of a couple of options,like convertin captured images from †ђξ webcam to byte and sending †ђξ b ytes over †ђξ network then reconverting.. But I need the best solution because I don't have much time.. Thank you. Would love if I could be contacted through email youngenterpreneur11@yahoo.com
Re: Live Webcam Feed In Vb6 by Beaf: 4:11am On May 08, 2012
hoodboi: Please I need this for my final year project.. I am writing an application that requires viewing what a client is doing via his own webcam on the client computer system. The application should be in vb6,it should be able to stream live webcam feed from the client computer system to the server.

I have thought of a couple of options,like convertin captured images from †ђξ webcam to byte and sending †ђξ b ytes over †ђξ network then reconverting.. But I need the best solution because I don't have much time.. Thank you. Would love if I could be contacted through email youngenterpreneur11@yahoo.com

Sending the bytes over the network is the only thing you can do. All images are byte arrays.
If you do not need the alpha channel, then you should use RGB (3 bytes per pixel) instead something like PBGRA32 (4 bytes per pixel).
Re: Live Webcam Feed In Vb6 by hoodboi(m): 11:37pm On May 10, 2012
K bro.. But hw about normal bytes.. Won't it do it?? Thanx
Re: Live Webcam Feed In Vb6 by Beaf: 2:40am On May 11, 2012
All bytes are the same, so that shouldn't be a worry.
You should investigate how to chunk bytes.

(1) (Reply)

Google Unveils Talking Shoes / happy weekend programmers who dont sleep because of a comma error / Let Us Start A New Project That Can Assist In The 2019 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.