Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,937 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Couples Working As Employees In The Same Company? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Couples Working As Employees In The Same Company? (3117 Views)

Poll: Can you and your spouse be employees working in the same office building?

Yes: 33% (3 votes)
No: 66% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

Zenith Bank Sacks 1,200 Employees - Premium Times / Strongest Motivator For Employees In Nigeria? / Employees In Oil And Gas Sector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Couples Working As Employees In The Same Company? by scientist(m): 4:56pm On Nov 13, 2007
Is this Ethical? I am kind of bewildered myself?  shocked shocked shocked Please post in your comments.
Re: Couples Working As Employees In The Same Company? by iice(f): 5:17pm On Nov 13, 2007
Did you like blow up your lab and scramble somethings
Again. . .what's with these threads undecided
Re: Couples Working As Employees In The Same Company? by scientist(m): 6:17pm On Nov 13, 2007
grin Nice one there grin My Lab is A - OK grin grin grin
Re: Couples Working As Employees In The Same Company? by Seun(m): 6:34pm On Nov 13, 2007
There's nothing "ethically" right or wrong about it. It depends on
1) Your employer's policy. If it's not allowed, don't do it.
2) Whether the wife/girlfriend is promoted above the husband/boyfriend.
Re: Couples Working As Employees In The Same Company? by benedo(m): 2:56pm On Nov 14, 2007
Been wondering a lot about this.

i am getting married in January, and me and my intended work in the same office, even though my office does not have a laid down policy on this, its a real uncomfortable situation for me, been searching frantically for a new job these past few months as the weeding date approaches, as i am not under the illusion that this situation as it is the first in this comapany will not lead to the emergence of a company policy on this, even though we are in different departments.

I know however that the standard in most comapnies is that couples cannot work in the same comapny.
Re: Couples Working As Employees In The Same Company? by Greycells(m): 4:39pm On Nov 15, 2007
someone told me it obtains in multinationals like SPDC, and some very good companies,

However, the caveat is, you cannot be the direct supervisor or boss of your wife, husband, brother, sister or relative,
Re: Couples Working As Employees In The Same Company? by KollyBobo: 11:43am On Nov 19, 2007
Personally, i dont like such but i know of couples that work 2gether in my workplace PZCussons, Lagos .

I think it also depends on the company policy and the nature of persons that are involved.

if this apply to me ,one of us will have to leave the place.

Rgds

Kolly Bobo

(1) (Reply)

42 Very Easy Ways To Improve Your Life / 2015/2016 Commonwealth Master’s And Phd Scholarships For Developing Commonwealth / Do You Really Love Your Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.