Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,770 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

Employees In Oil And Gas Sector - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Employees In Oil And Gas Sector (6887 Views)

Why Do Banks Sponsor Employees For Prison Tour? / Zenith Bank Sacks 1,200 Employees - Premium Times / Strongest Motivator For Employees In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Employees In Oil And Gas Sector by daluoa(m): 3:50pm On Aug 10, 2007
HI EVERYONE.

I AM KINDA NEW IN THE OIL SERVICING SECTOR, WHERE I AM PRESENTLY ENGAGED AS A GRADUATE TRAINEE.

I WOULD LIKE TO CREATE THIS FORUM FOR PEOPLE TO SHARE THIER EXPERIENCES IN THE OIL AND GAS SECTOR, SO THAT WE COULD ALL LEARN FROM THEM

BEST REGARDS.
Re: Employees In Oil And Gas Sector by Icon4s(m): 9:57pm On Aug 13, 2007
I once worked with an Indigenouse oil servicing company based in Lekki, Lagos.Though the salary as a trainee then was not too encouraging, I gathered so much experience.Today I work with the NNPC.The experience I gathered from my previouse job boosted my opportunity.The oil industry is quiet rewarding so be patient and keep learning.
Re: Employees In Oil And Gas Sector by idumah: 12:04pm On Aug 15, 2007
Hi Icon,
I stay at lekki, and am searching for a job related to my field of study-geology and mining.
I did be glad if you can give me the address of the oil and gas company you carried out you training, so as to try the place and see if i could get a job with them. you can email me directly to ohimah@yahoo.com or text me at 08028557017
thank you.
Re: Employees In Oil And Gas Sector by tat: 9:00am On Aug 16, 2007
the 70k is what? basic salary? who is ur informant
Re: Employees In Oil And Gas Sector by dammyk1: 12:10pm On Aug 17, 2007
pls icon wat is the name of the company u worked for at lekki.
Re: Employees In Oil And Gas Sector by dammyk1: 12:12pm On Aug 17, 2007
pls does anyone know of kbr?
i learnt its a new oil ang gas firm in naigeria and they are situated around lekki.
pls does anyone know where exactly they are?
Re: Employees In Oil And Gas Sector by texas543(m): 6:50pm On Aug 17, 2007
dammy k:

please does anyone know of kbr?
i learnt its a new oil ang gas firm in naigeria and they are situated around lekki.
please does anyone know where exactly they are?

I heard they are at this address but not sure. Check out at House of His Glory, Jazz 38 b/s, Lekki. Even if they are not there, u will get at least three other O & G companies there namely 1 Atlas Poligenics 2. Amazon 3 Excel E&P. Best of luck!
Re: Employees In Oil And Gas Sector by darf(m): 11:04am On Aug 22, 2007
Hello people,

Please can anyone tell me whats the future of calibration technician/engineers in the oil and gas industry. currently am working with an oil and gas company at lekki as a technician and Business Dev.exec.
Ill Appreciate some advice thanks.
Re: Employees In Oil And Gas Sector by lekush(m): 3:43pm On Aug 22, 2007
Hi Darf,

Calibration technician are people called Instrumentaion and Control enginers. What they do is work hand in hand with process, structural engineers etc and they define the exact sizing and specification of equipments. It is a very good area. Did you study Chemical engineering?

Cheers.
Re: Employees In Oil And Gas Sector by gben1: 7:11pm On Aug 23, 2007
well , ireally appreciate what you are about to share with people, but i want to make a request to you that how can you be of assistance in helping me to get a job
GEOGRAPHY AND REGIONAL PLANNING IS MY COURSE 2;2 FORM OGUN STATE UNIVERSITY MY E MAIL ogundipe_gbenga01@yahoo,com 08038030548
i will like you to send me ur no also text me so that i can call you.
Rgd
Re: Employees In Oil And Gas Sector by Icon4s(m): 4:07pm On Aug 27, 2007
Idimah,
I also studied Geology.There is a Petroleum Geological company(won't give you the name.Find out) at Ocean View Place along alpha beach road Lekki.That was where I worked.
Re: Employees In Oil And Gas Sector by Icon4s(m): 4:13pm On Aug 27, 2007
FAISALL,
I can't tell you how much NNPC pays.We in the Oil Sector are not like Bankers that make so much noise about their pay package.But believe me the offer is fantastic with lots of benefits on the short and long term.And it is better than what any Nigerian Bank can offer.
Re: Employees In Oil And Gas Sector by Icon4s(m): 4:17pm On Aug 27, 2007
g-ben,
I also finished from OSU.Do you know Michael Ogundipe .a.k.a NADECO?
Re: Employees In Oil And Gas Sector by frankson(m): 12:13pm On Aug 29, 2007
Hello,
I love what you people are doing here. Am currently working in a generator coupling company in VI, but wanted to change to Oil and Gas company very soon. As an Electrical Engineer, what and what are the things i need to know about the job and which department can i fit into. Please i would appreciate it you can help me out. My e-mail address is: frank_lolu@yahoo.com
Re: Employees In Oil And Gas Sector by ayojoy: 1:33pm On Aug 29, 2007
Hello,
I love what you people are doing here. i wish to work in Oil and Gas company very soon. As an Electrical Engineer, what and what are the things i need to know about the job and which department can i fit into. Please i would appreciate it you can help me out. My e-mail address is:ayodejioyejobi2@yahoo.com
Re: Employees In Oil And Gas Sector by mojigold: 12:03pm On Sep 03, 2007
Am a young graduate of geology,currently serving in one oil ang gas company.
located in warri.but i need infor on how i can secure a permanent job in a reputable oil and gas company
Re: Employees In Oil And Gas Sector by monichris(f): 12:46pm On Sep 04, 2007
I need a place to gain experience. A Geologist for the past 5years, Help!
Re: Employees In Oil And Gas Sector by bebe4u(f): 10:59am On Sep 06, 2007
@icon4s

i work in the oil ans gas sector as a project engineer,and believe me it get exciting every day doing the things people think it only for the guys and beating them in their games some times, what do you work as in NNPC, was there last week for a meeting. maybe we can share experiences about our work responsibilities. my mail is bongy_me@hotmail.com
Re: Employees In Oil And Gas Sector by debest1(m): 4:58pm On Apr 26, 2011
Re: Employees In Oil And Gas Sector by eonaiviv: 4:06pm On Apr 29, 2011
Very interesting topic. cheesy I for one studied Biochemistry, but im beginning to feel that chemists are not really required in the oil and gas sector. I have done a Shell Accredited training in HSE levels one and two but most vacancies require about 2 years experience in dat field. Presently I work in a construction firm but I would like to ask and your seek advice.

1. Are chemists relevant in the oil sector?

2. Wat other relevant training apart from Hse can a chemist do? I know there r probably some departments that r not too popular?

Anyone Help!!! undecided undecided
Re: Employees In Oil And Gas Sector by okeyz(m): 6:22pm On Apr 29, 2011
eonaiviv:

Very interesting topic. cheesy I for one studied Biochemistry, but im beginning to feel that chemists are not really required in the oil and gas sector. I have done a Shell Accredited training in HSE levels one and two but most vacancies require about 2 years experience in dat field. Presently I work in a construction firm but I would like to ask and your seek advice.

1. Are chemists relevant in the oil sector?

2. Wat other relevant training apart from Hse can a chemist do? I know there r probably some departments that r not too popular?

Anyone Help!!! undecided undecided  

hi
since you are already in construction industry, you take a shot at project management,it will lead you straight to major E & P projects.

@ bebe4u

what do u do as a project engineer , smiley just curious
Re: Employees In Oil And Gas Sector by doziej84: 7:40am On Apr 30, 2011
@icon4s, im a geophysicist just one yr out of school, i want to find out what relevant training can one get in either geophysics or geology that can enable one get into the oil & gas industry easily.

thnks
Re: Employees In Oil And Gas Sector by doziej84: 7:43am On Apr 30, 2011
@icon4s, im a geophysicist just one yr out of school, i want to find out what relevant professional training can one get in either geophysics or geology that can enable one get into the oil & gas industry easily.

thnks
Re: Employees In Oil And Gas Sector by eonaiviv: 5:38pm On May 19, 2011
okeyz:

hi
since you are already in construction industry, you take a shot at project management,it will lead you straight to major E & P projects.

@ bebe4u

what do u do as a project engineer , smiley just curious

Hmm, Thanks. I really appreciate your contribution. Dat wud be PMP then. Anyoda dept or suggestion?
One oda thing, working in projects, would it require me working onshore or offshore? Question mite seem daft but I wud really like 2 weigh my options. I jst bot a form for masters in environmental management @ unilag. Do u think I can combine project mgt with env mgt? Answers please?
Re: Employees In Oil And Gas Sector by eonaiviv: 5:26pm On Jul 14, 2011
Hi all, No response yet? undecided

Can I combine Msc. Environmental Mgt and PMP (Project Mgt)?
Re: Employees In Oil And Gas Sector by thomasjohn: 2:35pm On Jul 15, 2011
wat do i need to know if i want to becone and instrumentation and control engineer,what do they do specifically in the oil and gas?
Re: Employees In Oil And Gas Sector by mrgeely: 2:09pm On Aug 02, 2011
hi every one i have just currently rounded up as graduate of civil engineering and expecting a job from one of the oil and gas companies here in nigeria , i was advised by a friend to start up with professional curse like well cementing ,mud engineering,hse,pipeline design to help busting up my self and acquire skills,, now the question is where am i gono do them and if they are really the kind i should do and if any one know some real courses please i would be glad to be directed,
Re: Employees In Oil And Gas Sector by okeyz(m): 7:58pm On Aug 02, 2011
^^^ take a shot at Project managment, it will really boost your chances, since you are a graduate you can start with CAPM. go to www.pmi.com, you get all you need
Re: Employees In Oil And Gas Sector by mrgeely: 1:54pm On Aug 04, 2011
am so grateful to get an encouraging mail from you , i think i would go on that , pls do me one favor can you elaborate on CAPM so i can be very much enlightened on it , and do u no any other professional course out side that u think i can take , thank u
Re: Employees In Oil And Gas Sector by okeyz(m): 7:37pm On Aug 10, 2011
eonaiviv:

Hi all, No response yet? undecided

Can I combine Msc. Environmental Mgt and PMP (Project Mgt)?
yes you can, peeps are doing MBA and PMP together, so you can

mr geely:

am so grateful to get an encouraging mail from you , i think i would go on that , pls do me one favor can you elaborate on CAPM so i can be very much enlightened on it , and do u no any other professional course out side that u think i can take , thank u
actually i am not really versed in CAPM, all i know is that it;s for recent graduate without project mgt experience, but if you have upto 5 yrs experience you can do PMP, CAPM/PMP are nice certs to have, i intend doing the PMP but later on, my hands are full with office work.
Re: Employees In Oil And Gas Sector by Adbash: 10:26am On Aug 11, 2011
Hi, i studied Agricultural Engineering with option in soil and water engineering. I want 2 knw if i can work in Oil&gas or what can i do 2 fit in. Thanks
Re: Employees In Oil And Gas Sector by oluwabamis(m): 8:52pm On Aug 14, 2011
Everyone wants to work in the O&G sector, the truth is that there are not many jobs in the oil and gas sector, though it's the most lucrative sector of the nation. Apart from that the oil and gas sector require highly qualified and experienced people. One area I think a lot of will come into the sector is through the local content policy that has just been signed into law (has it?), whereby most of the services that hitherto goes to foreign companies will come to qualified indigenous ones. Just one contract in the O and G sector could make you for life, even if you decide to resign after that. So I advice upcoming graduates to look in that direction. See ya later.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Believe In Luck? / Top 7 Mistakes African Freelance Graphic Designers Make. / Union, Kenya Airways Bicker Over Sack Of 22 Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.