Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,087 members, 7,828,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

NYSC Member Drills Bore Hole For Bauchi Community - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Member Drills Bore Hole For Bauchi Community (787 Views)

PHOTOS: See The Hair Cut This NYSC Member Rocked To His POP / NYSC Member Commits Suicide Over Girlfriend / Batch B14(stream 2) Corps Member To Return To Camp For Their Drills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Member Drills Bore Hole For Bauchi Community by chuks49(m): 8:27pm On May 08, 2012
The quest for potable water by an NYSC member, Miss Chibuzor Azubuike, during an assignment at Bigi village, Bauchi State, has spurred her into drilling the first bore hole in the village.
Azubuike said at the inauguration of the bore hole onTuesday that she was touched by the plight of the community and therefore decided to do something.
"We went in search of news in the village when I started feeling thirsty. I tried to quench my thirst, unfortunately, the only sources of water in the village were wells. I immediately made up my mind to do something about their plight."
The corps member who served at the Bauchi State Television, said that helping the rural community had made her to feel fulfilled.
The Village Head of Bigi, Mr Wakili Boyi , commended her initiative, adding that the people would remember her fora long time to come.
According to him, her foresight has provided a lasting solution to the problem of water scarcityin the village.
Boyi, however, appealed to the state government to provide the people with additional sources of potable water, as well as maternity clinic and access road.
The General Manager, Bauchi State Rural Water Supply and Sanitation (RUWASSA) Alhaji Babaji Magaji, said that the current administration in the state was determined to improve the living condition of the rural populace.
"The present administration is highly committed to reducing by 50 per cent, the proportion of people in the state without access to potable water supply by the year 2015 in accordance with the Millennium Development Goals.’’
Magaji commended the corps member for her initiative, adding that it marked a turning point in the lives of the people.
Azubuike also donated 20 sets of school uniforms to some primary school pupils in the village.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=161814:nysc-member-drills-bore-hole-for-bauchi-community&catid=1:news&Itemid=2

(1) (Reply)

I Need Your Candid Advice On This / Could It Be Very Painful Not To Serve ? / Will You Serve In Same Place With Your Girlfriend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.