Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,212 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Dr Sola Otulana - OOU Lecturer - Kidnapped For N50m - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr Sola Otulana - OOU Lecturer - Kidnapped For N50m (6581 Views)

Jonathan Rains Dollars On South-west Obas (each given $250,000 (N50m)) - Punch / Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds / Sss Director Declared Wanted By Boko Haram For N50m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr Sola Otulana - OOU Lecturer - Kidnapped For N50m by MrFire: 4:01am On May 09, 2012
OOU lecturer abducted

A female lecturer with the Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU), Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State, Dr (Mrs) Olusola Otulana, has been abducted.

The victim, an opthalmologist with the Department of Surgery, College of Health Sciences, Sagamu campus, was kidnapped last Friday, while returning from Ikorodu in Lagos State.

She was said to have been kidnapped between Imota and Ijebu-Ode and was taken away to an unknown destination.

The abductors were said to have trailed her from Ikorodu to Imota before forcefully taken her away.

They were said to have initially demanded for N100 million ransom but reduced it by half, on Sunday afternoon, and had since remained adamant on it.

According to the victim's husband, Dr Biodun Otulana, who spoke with newsmen, on Monday afternoon, said he could not afford the N50 million ransom.

He explained that his wife pleaded with him to raise the money when she was allowed to speak with him on phone.

Meanwhile, the Medical and Dental Consultants' Association of Nigeria (MDCAN), OOUTH chapter, has described the kidnapping of Mrs Otulana as unfortunate.

The association in a statement signed by its chairman and secretary, Dr Soji Jagun and Dr S.A Oguntona respectively, said the abduction of Otulana was the fourth case between 2011 till date.

The statement said that members of the association were no longer secured and blamed some government officials for "unguided utterances" by giving the public false impression about salaries of medical doctors.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/40533-oou-lecturer-abducted
Re: Dr Sola Otulana - OOU Lecturer - Kidnapped For N50m by mizne1: 5:13am On May 09, 2012
Kill the kidnappers[img]http://www.spgames.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Dr Sola Otulana - OOU Lecturer - Kidnapped For N50m by Nobody: 7:33am On May 09, 2012
Where on earth do they expect a female lecturer in a state owned sch to raise 50 million... They are targeting d wrong set of people
Re: Dr Sola Otulana - OOU Lecturer - Kidnapped For N50m by Mynd44: 8:20am On May 09, 2012
When they get tired, they will release her. 50 million I laugh in Boko Haram
Re: Dr Sola Otulana - OOU Lecturer - Kidnapped For N50m by yuzedo: 8:49am On May 09, 2012
God punish the kidnappers! angry
If an ordinary "OOU" Doctorate holder/ophthalmologist is valued at N50m, how much is a Full Professor at Ibadan, Ife, Nsukka or Unilag? I.diots! Let them not go and kidnap politicians o! angry

1 Like

Re: Dr Sola Otulana - OOU Lecturer - Kidnapped For N50m by opee1231(f): 8:55am On May 09, 2012
instead of this kidnappers to go after the right people, they are there torturing the poor victims...what could have been her offence?? this is one thing that do pain me about these kidnappers and arm-robbers.....Government house is there they won't go there...when they get tired of her company with them, they will release her..Nonsense
Re: Dr Sola Otulana - OOU Lecturer - Kidnapped For N50m by Ibadiarann(m): 9:00am On May 09, 2012
opee1231: instead of this kidnappers to go after the right people, they are there torturing the poor victims...what could have been her offence?? this is one thing that do pain me about these kidnappers and arm-robbers.....Government house is there they won't go there...when they get tired of her company with them, they will release her..Nonsense

You are correct. I doubt if they will get N50m, my hope is that they do not hurt her out of frustration.

1 Like

Re: Dr Sola Otulana - OOU Lecturer - Kidnapped For N50m by sigmundfreud(m): 9:12am On May 09, 2012
Now that we have 'imported' kidnapping from abroad...i hope the FG strengthen the force to tackle the menace...ow sorry, its still Jonathan!
Another benefit of an administration bereft of ideas!
Re: Dr Sola Otulana - OOU Lecturer - Kidnapped For N50m by Nobody: 9:17am On May 09, 2012
yuzedo: God punish the kidnappers! angry
If an ordinary "OOU" Doctorate holder/ophthalmologist is valued at N50m, how much is a Full Professor at Ibadan, Ife, Nsukka or Unilag? I.diots! Let them not go and kidnap politicians o! angry
did you just say ordinary? do you know what it takes to have a doctorate degree? im very sure non of your family members had bsc talkless of masters degree. idiot
Re: Dr Sola Otulana - OOU Lecturer - Kidnapped For N50m by Nobody: 9:22am On May 09, 2012
Now, kidnapping might increase cos the Lagos doctors issue would have given naija heartless kidnappers an insight on how much doctors receive. I pray the lord gives her family the strength to endure her absence and her safe return.
Re: Dr Sola Otulana - OOU Lecturer - Kidnapped For N50m by yuzedo: 9:24am On May 09, 2012
solidbroda: did you just say ordinary? do you know what it takes to have a doctorate degree? im very sure non of your family members had bsc talkless of masters degree. idiot
grin grin grin
You must be ugly that is why you are frustrated. And you must be a student of Ibadan Poly. Ok no wahala, nobody in my family has B.Sc. Our closest to formal education was the Ghana lesson near my house that we all attended before learning trade! wink
Re: Dr Sola Otulana - OOU Lecturer - Kidnapped For N50m by WhoIGoAsk: 9:33am On May 09, 2012
50million?
Re: Dr Sola Otulana - OOU Lecturer - Kidnapped For N50m by Nobody: 9:37am On May 09, 2012
yuzedo: God punish the kidnappers! angry

They must be small timers kidnappers learning from the ones that kidnap politicians. The problem is this CONMESS stuff, now the kidnappers know her salary would be circa 700,000 per month. They would expect her family and co-workers to raise that money. Salary is meant to be confidential but the whole population now know how much docs get paid in Nigeria.
Re: Dr Sola Otulana - OOU Lecturer - Kidnapped For N50m by deandavid(m): 9:52am On May 09, 2012
i cry for my country...its a pity this is jst the beginning, i don't blame the kidnappers, where were our parents, when those politicians were theiving their way to the top? They comfortably sat in their offices, receiving peanuts from their mates(the politicians/our leaders), forgetting their children will one day grow up and demand for food, and when there is no food, what do they eat? THEIR PARENTS. Why? Becos the politicians have successfully stole everything, built protective walls around themselves and their families. I can't blame the kidnappers, they are our children and victim of circumstance, i can't blame our leaders again,because our parents allowed them to use them to the top. When fella was protesting, our parents were laffing at him. NOW WHO IS TO BE BLAMED? My father, my mother, all of our parents, that watched their mates rape nigeria without protesting. Nairalandrs dont criticise me. This is my opinion

2 Likes

Re: Dr Sola Otulana - OOU Lecturer - Kidnapped For N50m by Lexzycane(m): 10:15am On May 09, 2012
Ordinary OOU? Relax na, na person skul be dat!
Re: Dr Sola Otulana - OOU Lecturer - Kidnapped For N50m by Abayomin70(m): 10:31am On May 09, 2012
ok is sagamu campus i dont tink is the work of the medical student in OSUT cus those guys dont have time for cult parol TAKLES OF kidnapin parol and we in main campus here in ago iwoye dit even hear any thing

i pray they relEASE the woman fast so that it wont affect d medical student in OSUT
Re: Dr Sola Otulana - OOU Lecturer - Kidnapped For N50m by deandavid(m): 10:38am On May 09, 2012
Abayomin70: ok is sagamu campus i dont tink is the work of the medical student in OSUT cus those guys dont have time for cult parol TAKLES OF kidnapin parol and we in main campus here in ago iwoye dit even hear any thing

i it wont affect d medical student in OSUT
this is the kind of atitude nigerians have, that's why we are having this problems. Nobody cares. If they pay the 50mil, so that she can go back to skool and teach the medical students, now, what makes you think, they can't kidnap her or other Dr. Or prof. 2moro. We are jst too comfortably with bullshit in this country. And nobody cares.
Re: Dr Sola Otulana - OOU Lecturer - Kidnapped For N50m by hrhobi1(m): 11:02am On May 09, 2012
IF YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THESE LECTURERS,PROFESSORS,VICE CHANCELORS EMBEZZLE ANNUALY YOU WILL BE AMAZED.
Re: Dr Sola Otulana - OOU Lecturer - Kidnapped For N50m by gegee(m): 11:25am On May 09, 2012
militants, boko haram, kidnappers,massob,opc,ritual killers,armed robbers,epic corruptin. nna meen this country sef cry cry cry
Re: Dr Sola Otulana - OOU Lecturer - Kidnapped For N50m by achi4u(m): 11:35am On May 09, 2012
this kidnappers are vissionless,how cant u leave politicians with mega money to go and kindnap a woman doc.
i didn't say you shouldn't kidnapp but face politicans...infact start with the president and all the state governors down to senators and conclude it with all N.Asemmbly members.
you see pple will even support you.
oya go release that woman sharp sharp.ndi ara!

1 Like

Re: Dr Sola Otulana - OOU Lecturer - Kidnapped For N50m by Nairaboi(m): 11:38am On May 09, 2012
solidbroda: did you just say ordinary? do you know what it takes to have a doctorate degree? im very sure non of your family members had bsc talkless of masters degree. idiot
. . .u are wat? A fool! So u can't tell when sum1 is making a denotative or connotative stament?

1 Like

Re: Dr Sola Otulana - OOU Lecturer - Kidnapped For N50m by nairakobo1: 11:40am On May 09, 2012
okay, in that case, let them pay the N50m ransome without boring us with complaints since doctor is'nt ordinary in this circumstances. Imagine; N50m abi she don join Nigerian 'corrupt' politics? Or is it just your fortei to lash out at people at the slightest 'ill perceived' provocation? Haba!
Re: Dr Sola Otulana - OOU Lecturer - Kidnapped For N50m by erhienure(m): 11:41am On May 09, 2012
i cry for my country...its a pity this is jst the beginning, i don't blame the kidnappers, where were our parents, when those politicians were theiving their way to the top? They comfortably sat in their offices, receiving peanuts from their mates(the politicians/our leaders), forgetting their children will one day grow up and demand for food, and when there is no food, what do they eat? THEIR PARENTS. Why? Becos the politicians have successfully stole everything, built protective walls around themselves and their families. I can't blame the kidnappers, they are our children and victim of circumstance, i can't blame our leaders again,because our parents allowed them to use them to the top. When fella was protesting, our parents were laffing at him. NOW WHO IS TO BE BLAMED? My father, my mother, all of our parents, that watched their mates Molestation nigeria without protesting. Nairalandrs dont criticise me. This is my opinion.

Wels said, ur talk make sense.
Re: Dr Sola Otulana - OOU Lecturer - Kidnapped For N50m by nairakobo1: 11:49am On May 09, 2012
achi4u: this kidnappers are vissionless,how cant u leave politicians with mega money to go and kindnap a woman doc.
i didn't say you shouldn't kidnapp but face politicans...infact start with the president and all the state governors down to senators and conclude it with all N.Asemmbly members.
you see pple will even support you.
oya go release that woman sharp sharp.ndi ara!
hahahaha, true words, but also remember that as their money mega, so is their personal security. The fools lack the balls to breach their security hence their going after the innocent perhaps, out of frustration.
Re: Dr Sola Otulana - OOU Lecturer - Kidnapped For N50m by achi4u(m): 12:06pm On May 09, 2012
If i happened to b one of their security agent,walahi! i will plan for the kindnap of one those fo.ols and leave this kaki country for them.
if i decide to stay i will okro baff myselfgringrin
Re: Dr Sola Otulana - OOU Lecturer - Kidnapped For N50m by lastpage: 12:15pm On May 09, 2012
Misguided and Stewpid Kidnappers!
If you are reading this, by now you should know that you have hit the wrong button! grin grin

Forget 50Milla, the best that can happen is that you will get #100,000 compensation for your efforts (accommodation and Madam's feeding inclusive....and l hope you feed her correct food otherwise the money will by slashed to 50K!).

Release her on time so that your "operating cost" is reduced, as well.

NEXT TIME: dont run after easy target like her cos it will fetch you peanuts or nothing!
You cant squeeze water out of a STONE! wink
Thats why l called you lot "Misguided and Stewpid"!

If you must kidnap at all, GO TO ABUJA and you will see all the people who one way or the other (directly and indirectly), contributed to you becoming Kidnappers!
Those are the people that earn 64Million naira as constituency allowance!

Those are the people that can shell-out 50Million for their freedom, not some "Bookmania Doctorate Lecturer"

BTW, if you get injured along the way, l am sure she will be willing to oblige you with some Bandage and iodine! tongue tongue

Eeediots masquerading as "Kidnappers"!
angry
Wetin we no go here sef!! Thunder fire all of you. wink

Lastpage!
Re: Dr Sola Otulana - OOU Lecturer - Kidnapped For N50m by WilyWily5: 12:30pm On May 09, 2012
Yorubas guys too much, N50m
Re: Dr Sola Otulana - OOU Lecturer - Kidnapped For N50m by Onyenna(m): 1:13pm On May 09, 2012
PITY! PITY! PITY!
It's just a pity...
Aaah!! So these guys now go about kidnapping doctors!!...I pity my beloved 9ja.......who will now kidnap the looters!?.....
Re: Dr Sola Otulana - OOU Lecturer - Kidnapped For N50m by sapien(m): 1:33pm On May 09, 2012
Wily+Wily:
Yorubas guys too much, N50m
Bloody Bigot!
Re: Dr Sola Otulana - OOU Lecturer - Kidnapped For N50m by jbaur24: 1:48pm On May 09, 2012
Yoroobas are cannibals and barbarians. Its sucks to mention yorooba. Well nothing takes me to the Yoruba jungles and caves called state capitals cool
Re: Dr Sola Otulana - OOU Lecturer - Kidnapped For N50m by otokx(m): 2:13pm On May 09, 2012
How can the woman be begging the man to raze the money? maybe they have that type of cash.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sw-most Indebted ,most Broke, One Of The Most Underdeveloped Regions - WHY ? / A Landlocked Biafra Vs A Deadlocked Northern Nigeria, Who Actually Has The Keys / Trolls Stormed Ganduje's Daughter, Fatima Social Media Page, Blasts Her. PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.