Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,380 members, 7,954,540 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:40 PM

ACN Going! Going!! Gone!! In Ondo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Going! Going!! Gone!! In Ondo (1776 Views)

JEGA, going! going!! gone!!! ''Clueless'' GEJ Outfoxes APC and JEGA / Edo Line Going! Going! Gone! / Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ACN Going! Going!! Gone!! In Ondo by MrFire: 4:50am On May 09, 2012
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2012/may/08/national-08-05-2012-0012.html

ACN strongman leads 1,000 to Idanre LP
By RAZAQ BAMIDELE
Tuesday, May 08 , 2012
Photo: Sun News Publishing

More Stories on This Section

Membership of the ruling Labour Party (LP) in Ondo State increased over the weekend when over 1000 members of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in Idanre defected to the LP, even as the state Commissioner for Information, Kayode Akinmade, was honoured by the youths in the town.

The defectors were led by a prominent member of the ACN, Smart Aribigbala, a.k.a Y2k.

The Chief of Staff to the Ondo State Governor, Dr. Kola Ademujimi and the Chairman of LP in Idanre, Mr. Kola Akinboyejo, a.k.a Hero, received the new members to the fold of the ruling party.
Addressing the new members, the chief of staff said they had taken a good decision, adding that they could not have chosen a better time to join the winning party.

He said with the new set of defectors, opposition was as good as dead in the area because, according to him, it had become a taboo in the area to claim membership of a party other than the LP.
“It is the wisest decision you can ever take at this time to come to the right place and LP is the place. I don’t expect that anybody in this locality will still be comfortable as opposition member despite the many caring-heart programmes of Mr. Governor that we are enjoying in this area.

“You have taken the right step and I congratulate you for this because by this decision, you have demonstrated that you appreciate the kind gestures of the governor and his many programmes in this area. I implore you to be loyal to the party and ensure continuity of the good works of the government.”

Also welcoming the new members, Akinboyejo, the party chairman in Idanre, said with the defection of the new members, it had been proven beyond doubt that the LP was in total control in the area. He said any opposition party looking for votes in Idanre and its environs would be embarking on a fruitless voyage.

“ What this exercise of today implies is that the entire Idanre people have declared for the LP and I can assure you that in line with the LP’s family principle, there is no discrimination or favouritism; we are all members of the same large family and we will all be treated equally no matter how late you joined the party,” Hero said. Meanwhile, Youths in Idanre at the weekend honoured the Ondo State Commissioner for Information, Mr Kayode Akinmade, who was treated to a lavish reception.

The youths hinged their decision on what they described as the good and quality representation he has been giving them as a member of the state executive team.
Re: ACN Going! Going!! Gone!! In Ondo by koruji(m): 4:59am On May 09, 2012
Isn't this a zero sum game?

Go and read another piece where LP members defected to the ACN in Ondo.

One thing is sure, Mimiko has the power of incumbency. It is his election to lose - ACN is putting in the ground work that will see it do well in subsequent elections once Mimiko becomes a lame-duck.
Re: ACN Going! Going!! Gone!! In Ondo by Kilode1: 6:19am On May 09, 2012
I don't particularly care for this ACN vs LP struggle in Ondo State.

IMO, more can be achieved by forming alliance with Mimiko than opposing him, it's not like he's performed woefully from what I've heard. A zero sum game is not the best option for both parties at this time.

I don't like the smell of this at all. It does not smell like smart politics to me.
Re: ACN Going! Going!! Gone!! In Ondo by femoint007(m): 7:59am On May 09, 2012
[quote author=Mr Fire]http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2012/may/08/national-08-05-2012-0012.html

ACN strongman leads 1,000 to Idanre LP

[/quote,well,dr mimiko has perform excellently in our dear state,dere's an adage dat say's whatever u sow u wl reap,if we can remember wen late adekunle ajasin was d governor of old ondo,he wanted to contest 4 second term in dat year bt mimiko oposed his ambition,wen late adefarati cme to power in 1999,mimiko was one of his cabinet members,afta one term adefarati decide to contest 4 second term in 2003,d same mimiko oposed his second term ambition in 2003,he decamp to pdp to work 4 agagu,agagu became governor in 2003,agagu nominate mimiko as minister representing ondo state under obasanjo administration,in 2007 wen agagu wnt 2 contest 4 his second term in office,d same mimiko opose him n then decamp to labour party to achieve his political ambition,he wud av contest on d platform of action congress bt mimiko declare his intention to run 4 d gouernor of ondo very late abt 3mths to the election,despite dat,d a.c.n national leader fund his election campaign n legal battles against agagu,the ondo indigenes knw mimiko as an apostle of one term,dats why we are teling him nt to go 4 second term,we love him n cherish,we only vote for mimiko cos we wnt agagu out of power,i strongly believ dat ondo indigenes wl vote a.c.n or p.d.p in ds forthcoming election.thank u. [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#770077][/color]
Re: ACN Going! Going!! Gone!! In Ondo by RichDad1(m): 12:00pm On May 09, 2012
^^^^Ondo indigenes will vote for acn or pdp ahead of Mimiko? You must be kidding me
Re: ACN Going! Going!! Gone!! In Ondo by Beaf: 12:37pm On May 09, 2012
Kilode?!:
I don't particularly care for this ACN vs LP struggle in Ondo State.

IMO, more can be achieved by forming alliance with Mimiko than opposing him, it's not like he's performed woefully from what I've heard. A zero sum game is not the best option for both parties at this time.

I don't like the smell of this at all. It does not smell like smart politics to me.

ACN is a zero sum party of rascals.
I trust the Iroko, Mimiko, who is way above average as a governor and politian to put those thugs where they belong.
Re: ACN Going! Going!! Gone!! In Ondo by youngmonie: 12:54pm On May 09, 2012
And is this meant to be news?........This happens everywer and you know it.....so I dnt see any fuss about about

(1) (Reply)

Meet Africa's First Female Billionaire, Isabel Dos Santos - Forbes ^ ^ / At This Point One Must Suspect Obasanjo In Asari Dokubo's Arrest / Why Goodluck Is Bad For Nigeria By Abdulrazaq Hamzat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.