Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC (8867 Views)

Presidency Denies Rift Between Buhari, Tinubu / Buhari Rejects Tinubu’s Move To Make Fayemi Chief Of Staff / Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC by andresia(m): 6:29am On May 09, 2012
A meeting on Sunday between Buhari and Tinubu in Lagos was meant to revive alliance moves between the Action Congress of Nigeria and the Congress for Progressive Change, party officials told Daily Trust in Abuja yesterday.
Retired General Muhammadu Buhari visited ACN leader Bola Tinubu at his residence in Lagos, where they met behind closed doors.

Sources close to the two leaders said they discussed the political future of the two leading opposition parties, especially how to restart consultations towards merger or alliance ahead of 2015.

The meeting came as, according to one source, some People’s Democratic Party leaders who are angry over the outcome of the party’s recent convention consider working with the opposition parties to confront the ruling party.

Sources in CPC and ACN said the Buhari-Tinubu meeting discussed a possible alliance that would include the other main opposition party, All Nigeria People’s Party (ANPP).

National secretary of CPC, Buba Galadima, told Daily Trust yesterday in Abuja that the two leaders had “fruitful discussions” on alliance and workable plans ahead of the next general elections. He said they also reviewed some of the issues that scuppered previous alliance moves before the 2011 elections.

For his part, CPC spokesman Rotimi Fashakin said, “The visit is part of the ongoing cooperation among progressives in breaking the primordial barriers of yore and ensuring that the yearnings of the people for a stable, virile and just nation are satisfied.”

Spokesman for the ACN, Lai Mohammed, was not available for comment yesterday.

But two top ACN officials told Daily Trust that there had been moves for Buhari and Tinubu to meet and that a birthday event both of them attended in Abuja last week was used to facilitate the Sunday meeting.

“We are starting early to avoid the pitfalls of previous meetings and talks,” one ACN official said. “We want to be sure we got it right this time around, dotting our i’s and crossing our t’s; moreover that we have some aggrieved PDP members giving us vital information on their parties internal wrangling and how we can overcome our own differences.”

ANPP’s spokesman Emma Eneukwu, was not available for comment; he had however told our reporter earlier in an interview that the party “is in serious talks with other opposition parties ahead of the 2015 elections.”

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=161949:buhari-tinubu-move-to-revive-alliance&catid=2:lead-stories&Itemid=8

I hope it works this time around! am tired of this evil purty called PDP angry
Re: Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC by Onlytruth(m): 6:38am On May 09, 2012
andresia: A meeting on Sunday between Buhari and Tinubu in Lagos was meant to revive alliance moves between the Action Congress of Nigeria and the Congress for Progressive Change, party officials told Daily Trust in Abuja yesterday.
Retired General Muhammadu Buhari visited ACN leader Bola Tinubu at his residence in Lagos, where they met behind closed doors.

Sources close to the two leaders said they discussed the political future of the two leading opposition parties, especially how to restart consultations towards merger or alliance ahead of 2015.

The meeting came as, according to one source, some People’s Democratic Party leaders who are angry over the outcome of the party’s recent convention consider working with the opposition parties to confront the ruling party.

Sources in CPC and ACN said the Buhari-Tinubu meeting discussed a possible alliance that would include the other main opposition party, All Nigeria People’s Party (ANPP).

If you look deep and wide, you will see OBJ lurking around the meeting.
GEJ needs to move very fast, and secure the North Central FIRMLY. I also believe that parts of NE is fair game.
If he fails to do this, he is gone!
Re: Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC by Nneson: 7:17am On May 09, 2012
All dis cpc dreamers. Am not a politician but i respect acn but for a merger who will submit to the other?
From what i know about buhari and tinumbu i laugh at stance of a merger.
For obj,who is he outside pdp, like a park of cards he will fail.rubbish.
Gej, i dey ur side jare. We know every failure in ur regime r handi works of the enemies of nigeria. God will help u,fight ur battle and disgrace al our enemies.
Just dat i didnt use to like pdp but wi bamanga lets see what happens.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC by Mynd44: 8:24am On May 09, 2012
Another tea party which will not bring any result but that is just my view
Re: Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC by scopusng(m): 8:42am On May 09, 2012
Mynd_44: Another tea party which will not bring any result but that is just my view

Your view is total rubbish,are you not suppose to be praying for the alliance to work. Idio.tic retartdeen as our president

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC by Patlia: 8:43am On May 09, 2012
Just dat i didnt use to like pdp but wi bamanga lets see what happens.[img]http://www.keyforex.info/cpu.gif[/img]
Re: Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC by Shakdut: 8:50am On May 09, 2012
Wether is 4 gud or bad, we need changes. We av tired of dis PDP

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC by salibee: 9:01am On May 09, 2012
All we need is a good govt PDP govt under Gej is a total failure No single achivement•No light no water bad road corruption on d increase

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC by Slizbeat(m): 9:02am On May 09, 2012
scopusng:

Your view is total rubbish,are you not suppose to be praying for the alliance to work. Idio.tic retartdeen as our president

next!!! U speak as if na fight. D guy tel ya im view, simple. Nd even me ma j0in am, IT WNT WORK. Simple. If u gt personal beef wit gej, sort it awt n stp screamin retartdeen.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC by 9icest: 9:03am On May 09, 2012
Insanity is doing something the same way and expecting a change.
Its been pdp since 1999. Same corruptocrats. How can any Nigerian stoop so low to advocate a 2nd term for a man whose regime has become a barrage of chaos and blood. Someone said his enemies, mention one Nigerian president who doesn't hae enemies! How pathetic! I'm just happy we all voted this mistake into power, and the world would laugh at us if this baby gets a 2nd term.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC by Slizbeat(m): 9:06am On May 09, 2012
salibee: All we need is a good govt PDP govt under Gej is a total failure No single achivement•No light no water bad road corruption on d increase

we sure do nid a gud govt bt dis gej term aint yet over xo wat d preparation 4 wen 2015 is stil far. Instead of buhari n tinubu to b prayin 2 c 2015 cos dy dnt knw if God wil kal dm b4 den, dy r dia talkin abt merging as if na dem hold dia lifes 4 dia hands.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC by salamight(m): 9:07am On May 09, 2012
This alliance i totally support cos the current PDP govt. lack reformative and transformative idea to bring us out of this mess they have brought upon us.The Jonathan campaign was the biggest fraud in the Nigerian history many were deceived by the name GOODLUCK, thinking it will bring us out of the present quagmire. Nigerians being gullible as they are fell blindly for it. This is the time to right the wrongs or correct the notions. We need some one with stern personalty to rid the country of corruption.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC by Slizbeat(m): 9:08am On May 09, 2012
9icest: Insanity is doing something the same way and expecting a change.
Its been pdp since 1999. Same corruptocrats. How can any Nigerian stoop so low to advocate a 2nd term for a man whose regime has become a barrage of chaos and blood. Someone said his enemies, mention one Nigerian president who doesn't hae enemies! How pathetic! I'm just happy we all voted this mistake into power, and the world would laugh at us if this [b]baby[b/] gets a 2nd term.

says wo?
Re: Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC by doctokwus: 9:13am On May 09, 2012
We sink deeper into d cesspit.Buhari wt tinubu is a choice I don't envy.Buhari wt Fashola wud av bn a gud combination.So many allegations on tinubu's head,his ascendancy to any post in d presidency(like vp whc is d likely post available) wud deal a deathblow to d fight against corruption,d cankerworm of whc d pdp govts have buried nigeria in.Buhari/Fashola,evn wt his own shortcomings,using Tinubu's present hold/structures in d west wud b a far better& redemtive alternative wt a great chance of success.Tinubu's. Structures wud outrig& outmuscle PDP in d SWest wt massive margins while Buhari's grassroot suport& likely perception dat its turn of d north come 2015 wi guarantee Buhari a strong showin in d north,@worse,wt pdp's riggin machine,d spoils wi b equally shared.Where d problem wi come wi b in d SS&SE,where d governors have perfectd d art of riggin wt "landslides",how wi d alliance outwit dese governors?I see only one alternative:d alliance shd fight to reduce d riggin margins in these areas while Lagos& Kano shd b made to deliver landslides(wt their massive electoral votes)dat shd cancel watever SS&SW has to offer.Am so sad to say this today,but d only way a Buhari/whosoever alliance can get d presidency is turn in,either by fair or foul means landslides in d west& parts of d north.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC by WhoIGoAsk: 9:31am On May 09, 2012
If PDP > AC
PDP > CPC
then PDP ____ AC + CPC

Solve this
options a. > b. < c. >= d. =<
Re: Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC by pistol: 9:37am On May 09, 2012
It's late na.
Buhari's arrogance made them loose out in the 2011 election merger talks.

That man buhari should go and sit down,with all the goodwill that he enjoyed prior to the general elections.He could only deliver one state to his party CPC ie nassarawa.

He is highhanded,arrongant and listens only to his opinion.

ACN are better off on their own in their chiefdom cos that buhari will constitue a drag.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC by Nneson: 9:54am On May 09, 2012
@salamight:cannt u c dat d pple who promised to make gej rule ungovernable r carring out thier treat. Gej cannt do much cos he is not a millitary person. But his oponents r blood suking demons. Can go any lenght for power.

@nicest i beg to disagre

@shakdut so u would want another party even if thier histry is xterised wiv arrant nonsence.
For me pdp no pdp i need change positive one and gej came for that
Re: Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC by id2010(m): 9:57am On May 09, 2012
It is very unfortunate that it is the same set of people that are still recycling themselves and still rulling us. and we masses don't learn from past mistakes. Who cares who becomes the next president or where he comes from. Until we are ready to put sentiment apart nothing will work.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC by Kabai: 9:59am On May 09, 2012
Nonesense! Political parties on religious lines... I hate them. They are the people causing all these problems in Nigeria.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC by ifihearam: 10:07am On May 09, 2012
Merger my foot.This yeye buhari will not accept is fate as a loser,does he think Tinubu can help him defeat GEJ??he should keep dreaming,besides,where we not informed that the president also saw Tinubu in a closed door meeting as well? Do you really think Tinubu is not indirectly in support of GeJ?
Let me even agree the merger works out,who produced the president? Which one of them can stand GEJ. Abeg mae dem go rest even if Labour Part and ANPP joins them,they can't still defeat Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC by oiseworld: 10:14am On May 09, 2012
make buhari dey waka,waka they mumu himself up and down. He can't rule this country a second time. Same goes for tinubu. The furthest he can go is senate, even self they no go give am senate president.

They have started to gather against jona. Them go still scatter like 'james bond bullet' lol!
thou, i know tinubu is not foolish enough make buhari come dey remote control am, can't this guy just maintain like the shigidi weh in be.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC by lacasa: 10:16am On May 09, 2012
Nigerians are †ђξ architects O̶̷̩̥̊͡f dia own destruction, poverty aπϑ pathrtic way O̶̷̩̥̊͡f living, NOW i KNOW.

For God's sake Ђδω can α complete human being with α brain, eyes n ears, 10 fingers aπϑ ten toes support dis Government for α 2nd term, Ђδω??

Gej i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ outrightly d most incompetent man ϑα† has eva dawned Aso rock! Poverty has hit an all time high ΐn dis country where d National Bureau O̶f Statistics av said ova 100million r living ΐn stark poverty!.

Under dis govt, Ђδω many. Lives av been lost τ̅☺ bomb blasts, subsidy protests, armed robbery aπϑ Military/police eextra-judicial killings??

Corruption as at Unbelievable heights where α foreign agency Transparency International sent α direct letter τ̅☺ GEJ on d largest govt scam being †ђξ Fuel Subsidy scam @ $6.8 BILLION!! Aπϑ nobody i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ even talking O̶̷̩̥̊͡f prosecution ΐn dis Govt, where i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ d light τ̲̅ђεя̩̥̊ε i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ no light bt tariff i̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ goin up ΐn June, haba!!

No jobs, No security, No infrastructure only High corruption, High insecurity, High level O̶f Terrorism, High level O̶f govt inability, insincerity, aπϑ Ideas τ̅☺ do anything

Seee, ΐn α soceity where we have sensible human beings like ΐn FRANCE where an Incumbent President lost α 2nd term cos his people were aggrieved on one single area aπϑ ∂α† was on †ђξ LEVEL O̶F FRANCE'S ECONOMY, aπϑ he was voted out n d challenger seeing this will surely nt fumble as He has seen what happened τ̅☺ α sitting president b4 him, ​ so​ tell ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ Ђδω will some people here say Goodluck Jonathan for α 2nd term with all His govts mass failures HOW

Kaai!, i pity Nigeria if Ūя̲̅ still gambling Ūя̲̅ future n Ūя̲̅ children's future on stupid sentiments lyk Tribe aπϑ Religion like you did †ђξ 1st time.

Its unfortunate!!

4 Likes

Re: Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC by Geniro: 10:26am On May 09, 2012
MAke Buhari go look bush Jo angry
Re: Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC by Nneson: 10:27am On May 09, 2012
Lacasa i would rather put the future of my children in a geniue person like gej who is human to d core dan one religious hipocritical blood sucking demon.

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC by Delafruita(m): 10:31am On May 09, 2012
Patlia: Just dat i didnt use to like pdp but wi bamanga lets see what happens.[img]http://www.keyforex.info/cpu.gif[/img]
dont expect anything better from tukur.he is one of the founders of the party,he "donated" wadata plaza to be used as headquaters in exchange for his son becoming a senator.he is d same
Re: Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC by friedrice1: 10:32am On May 09, 2012
Nneson: All dis cpc dreamers. Am not a politician but i respect acn but for a merger who will submit to the other?
From what i know about buhari and tinumbu i laugh at stance of a merger.
For obj,who is he outside pdp, like a park of cards he will fail.rubbish.
Gej, i dey ur side jare. We know every failure in ur regime r handi works of the enemies of nigeria. God will help u,fight ur battle and disgrace al our enemies.
Just dat i didnt use to like pdp but wi bamanga lets see what happens.
only fools fail to learn from repeated mistakes, i pity you.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC by Gbawe: 10:33am On May 09, 2012
doctokwus: We sink deeper into d cesspit.Buhari wt tinubu is a choice I don't envy.Buhari wt Fashola wud av bn a gud combination.So many allegations on tinubu's head,his ascendancy to any post in d presidency(like vp whc is d likely post available) wud deal a deathblow to d fight against corruption,d cankerworm of whc d pdp govts have buried nigeria in.Buhari/Fashola,evn wt his own shortcomings,using Tinubu's present hold/structures in d west wud b a far better& redemtive alternative wt a great chance of success.Tinubu's. Structures wud outrig& outmuscle PDP in d SWest wt massive margins while Buhari's grassroot suport& likely perception dat its turn of d north come 2015 wi guarantee Buhari a strong showin in d north,@worse,wt pdp's riggin machine,d spoils wi b equally shared.Where d problem wi come wi b in d SS&SE,where d governors have perfectd d art of riggin wt "landslides",how wi d alliance outwit dese governors?I see only one alternative:d alliance shd fight to reduce d riggin margins in these areas while Lagos& Kano shd b made to deliver landslides(wt their massive electoral votes)dat shd cancel watever SS&SW has to offer.Am so sad to say this today,but d only way a Buhari/whosoever alliance can get d presidency is turn in,either by fair or foul means landslides in d west& parts of d north.

I don't think Tinubu will necessarily insist he must be involved. He did not do this in last year's election and there is no proof he plans to do that in 2015 when the very popular and much liked Fashola will be 'unemployed'. Don't discount a Buhari and Fashola ticket. A very powerful ticket indeed with an obviously greater chance of vitory than a Buhari-Tinubu combo. Fairly obvious that Fashola , for many reasons, fits the bill better.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC by Delafruita(m): 10:37am On May 09, 2012
Nneson: Lacasa i would rather put the future of my children in a geniue person like gej who is human to d core dan one religious hipocritical blood sucking demon.
its unfortunate that we have people like you among the voting class of this country.people like u are d reason ds country is in ds comatose state

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC by Gbawe: 10:40am On May 09, 2012
Delafruita:
its unfortunate that we have people like you among the voting class of this country.people like u are d reason ds country is in ds comatose state

My brother, don't get yourself worked up. The mother of all suffering is upon Nigerians from every corner of our nation. By 2015, they will be just about ready to embrace an Idi Amin and Osama Bin laden combo just to see the back of GEJ grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC by laCapri: 10:42am On May 09, 2012
Abegi make we hear word!
Na today nyansh get center parting?
Buhari is a big clown, who thinks Aso rock is his birth right.
We need the younger generation to lead us 4 a change jor.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC by onyengbu: 10:46am On May 09, 2012
Gbawe:

I don't think Tinubu will necessarily insist he must be involved. He did not do this in last year's election and there is no proof he plans to do that in 2015 when the very popular and much liked Fashola will be 'unemployed'. Don't discount a Buhari and Fashola ticket. A very powerful ticket indeed with an obviously greater chance of vitory than a Buhari-Tinubu combo. Fairly obvious that Fashola , for many reasons, fits the bill better.

After everything?!! You guys never listen.

Put Buhari with mother Teresa and he will still loose!

Nigerian politics isnt that hard for anyone to really understand.
Re: Buhari, Tinubu Move To Revive Alliance Between AC & CPC by hakanai(m): 10:53am On May 09, 2012
some folks here are clearly not happy about the merger talks.This is a good indication PDP and her deceptive advocates are trembling in there pants already.This is the thing,Buhari is not meeting him to support his candidature for 2015 (simply because he has without doubt stated he would support a new person).
I also feel that the merger talks is just to initiate talks for the two platforms.Meaning if the two leaders (Buhari and Tinubu) are not around today,The parties will simply continue with talks.Just like PDP and APGA(with Ojukwu's health).So here is the thing for people also saying it's to early.for PDP aspirant yes is too early,but for merger talks and so many other setting up,it's even a bit late.It's a good move and i feel it will give people hope,an alternative from the PDP and allow people go pass the regional representation this parties hold.I hope they also woe in more parties.
While at it,they should becareful not to allow PDP undercover to sip in and destroy any hope of a progressive merger of the opposition.Some people are clearly upset because it's better they keep believing in a failure and suffer,than liberate or give change a chance from the current status brought upon Nigerians by the PDP.It's not always about GEJ and it's alot more.If GEJ was honest when the merger talks are over he can offer to run in the opposition to prove his stance that PDP is bad and he is a different stock from it.Shikena else he is one and the same with PDP.
There is nothing like i voted GEJ not PDP.GEJ is PDP and PDP is GEJ!!!!! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Holds Another Meeting With APC Governors Over Oyegun / Two Men Who Saved Nig From Collapse Without Knowing & Died For It! / Lagos Begins Stop And Search Tax Policy. Slams N0.62m Tax On Luxury Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.