Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Buhari Rejects Tinubu’s Move To Make Fayemi Chief Of Staff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Rejects Tinubu’s Move To Make Fayemi Chief Of Staff (2981 Views)

Buhari Rejects Files, Orders Aides To Meet Osinbajo / Senate Rejects Tinubu's Bill Seeking Special Grants For Lagos / Buhari Rejects Tinubu’s Move To Make Fayemi Chief Of Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Rejects Tinubu’s Move To Make Fayemi Chief Of Staff by KEVIND: 9:45pm On May 28, 2015
There are indications that President-Elect, General Muhammadu Buhari, has rejected moves by Asiwaju Bola Tinubu to make ex Ekiti governor, Kayode Fayemi, his Chief of Staff.

Fayemi did a yeoman’s job as  chairman presidential convention committee committee, and later Director of Policies for the All Progressives’ Congress (APC).
He and Governor Babatunde Fashola were earlier pencilled as ministerial nominees but last minute manoeuvres by some powerful interest in the south west killed the dream.
According to party sources, there are current moves by Tinubu to make Fayemi Buhari’s Chief of Staff, but Buhari has declined instead prefers former military administrator, Colonel Hamid Ali.
However, Yankarireporters.com  learnt that Tinubu is pushing to make Fayemi at least his private secretary, which party sources described as a tall dream.
Ali is  Former Kaduna state Military Administrator. ,During the campaign he was in charge of the crowd funding project for  Buhari’s presidency project and those who should know are not arguing about it because they believe that  Ali has earned the respect to do the work and has an huge chemistry with the General.

It was gathered that while  only Col. Ali was aware of the details of  Buhari’s trip to the United Kingdom, Tinubu and chairman John Oyegun were kept in the dark.
Sources hinted Yankarireporters.com  that unlike President Goodluck Jonathan who made Haman Tukur , private secretary, and has fulanis as National Security Adviser, (NSA) and Defence minister,  Buhari has insisted all his core staff and aides must be core northerners.
Those  being considered for the positions of NSA are: a former Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Abdurrahman Dambazau (retd) and former Inspector-General of Police, Alhaji Ibrahim Commassie.
Brigadier General Jafaru Isah (retired), is another core northerner who Buhari prefers to be Defence minister.
The former Army Chief is currently the Director in charge of the Security Directorate of the APC Presidential Campaign Council.

Commassie, on the other hand is currently the Chairman of the northern socio-cultural organisation, the Arewa Consultative Forum.

An APC chieftain, who did not want his name mentioned, told Yankarireporters.com , “Although there are about three people being considered for the post of NSA, Gen. Dambazau, is currently topping the list.

Commassie, who was Gen. Buhari’s schoolmate and one other retired officer of the SSS whose name I cannot remember now are among those being considered.

Jafaru Isa was Military Administrator of Kaduna State from December 1993 to August 1996 during the military regime of General Sani Abacha In 1996, Isa created several chiefdoms for the southern Zaria or Kaduna people in order to improve peace in Kaduna State.[2]

In September 2000 he was a leading member of the newly formed Arewa Consultative Forum , a northern political lobbying group. He became a leader of the United Nigerian Development Forum, an association friendly to the election of General Ibrahim Babangida in the April 2003 Presidential contest. He became a director of Bank PHB.
http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/buhari-rejects-tinubus-move-to-make-fayemi-chief-of-staff/
Re: Buhari Rejects Tinubu’s Move To Make Fayemi Chief Of Staff by philaw(m): 9:49pm On May 28, 2015
SaTANoids at work again. BABA, NOW THAT YOU ARE THERE, send yankari.com reporters to kirikiri

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Rejects Tinubu’s Move To Make Fayemi Chief Of Staff by efilefun(m): 9:50pm On May 28, 2015
TANoids and their clueless news!!!! chaiiii

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Rejects Tinubu’s Move To Make Fayemi Chief Of Staff by richidinho(m): 9:53pm On May 28, 2015
Re: Buhari Rejects Tinubu’s Move To Make Fayemi Chief Of Staff by todayguest(m): 9:59pm On May 28, 2015
What is he afraid of?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Tinubu’s Move To Make Fayemi Chief Of Staff by Optional2(f): 10:01pm On May 28, 2015
Farewell bid to the out going President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan GCFR.

Am very happy sir you are leaving Presidential villa, Aso Rock, Abuja for live.

As you go back home to Otuoke i wish u and ur family journey mercies, incase your car fuel finish on d road, Pls Sir kindly start to trek home so dat u can b a hero again nd ur name will continue to reign as d first clueless president d country has ever had frm generation to generation.

Av a happy home wit ur wife mama P, i pray she wont divorce u as tym goes on.
See you sir in Otuoke by dis tym 2moro.

Sai Buhari
Sai Baba
Ba'ba Oyoyo.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Tinubu’s Move To Make Fayemi Chief Of Staff by tomakint: 10:02pm On May 28, 2015
From all indications, I don't think Nigeria had entered one chance as widely assumed but to me APC chieftains will be shortchanged and disappointed in this Buhari administration......he is not a party man but he is here to work and work for Nigerians. I repeat, APC had just been shortCHANGED! cheesy grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Rejects Tinubu’s Move To Make Fayemi Chief Of Staff by DuchessLily(f): 10:04pm On May 28, 2015
Good! Baba the only way u can work effectively is to shun Tinubu and baba shege and their robots
Re: Buhari Rejects Tinubu’s Move To Make Fayemi Chief Of Staff by raumdeuter: 10:05pm On May 28, 2015
Lamentation of TANoid still continue even those who swore that Buhari cannot win their state instead if them to bury their head in shame they are still making noise

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Tinubu’s Move To Make Fayemi Chief Of Staff by DuchessLily(f): 10:06pm On May 28, 2015
tomakint:
From all indications, I don't Nigeria had entered one chance as widely assumed but to me APC chieftains will be shortchanged and disappointed in this Buhari administration......he is not a party man but he is here to work and work for Nigerians. I repeat, APC had just been shortCHANGED! cheesy grin cheesy

Yeah! My thoughts exactly . and I like dat grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Tinubu’s Move To Make Fayemi Chief Of Staff by sammyj: 10:07pm On May 28, 2015
Story for the gods coming from Satanoids sons of shepopotemus!!!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Tinubu’s Move To Make Fayemi Chief Of Staff by barry40: 10:11pm On May 28, 2015
We should expect surprises from this government. If this is true, it is like the man wants to follow his own heart

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Tinubu’s Move To Make Fayemi Chief Of Staff by satelliteDISH(m): 10:14pm On May 28, 2015
tomakint:
From all indications, I don't Nigeria had entered one chance as widely assumed but to me APC chieftains will be shortchanged and disappointed in this Buhari administration......he is not a party man but he is here to work and work for Nigerians. I repeat, APC had just been shortCHANGED! cheesy grin cheesy
WARNING!!! TO GMB. Dont bite the finger that feed u.
Re: Buhari Rejects Tinubu’s Move To Make Fayemi Chief Of Staff by front247: 10:20pm On May 28, 2015
tomakint:
dey buhari will disappoint tinubu and co. He traveled to London without informing them tells u all.
Re: Buhari Rejects Tinubu’s Move To Make Fayemi Chief Of Staff by tomakint: 10:20pm On May 28, 2015
DuchessLily:

Yeah! My thoughts exactly . and I like dat grin
You can say that again my dear grin
Re: Buhari Rejects Tinubu’s Move To Make Fayemi Chief Of Staff by akins56(m): 10:24pm On May 28, 2015
But i thought tanites said fayemi and fashola are at war with tinubu ?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Rejects Tinubu’s Move To Make Fayemi Chief Of Staff by tomakint: 10:24pm On May 28, 2015
front247:
dey buhari will disappoint tinubu and co. He traveled to London without informing them tells u all.
Did you know I confirmed this news today from Buhari's close confidant even before reading it online......this same man said he had prepared his Ministerial list already.....if Buhari can keep up the tempo like this for the next 4years I will support him but till then I still dey look am.....I am loving this grin cheesy
Re: Buhari Rejects Tinubu’s Move To Make Fayemi Chief Of Staff by Greatihex(m): 10:33pm On May 28, 2015
[quote author=KEVIND post=3  that unlike President Goodluck Jonathan who made Haman Tukur , private secretary, and has fulanis as National Security Adviser, (NSA) and Defence minister,  Buhari has insisted all his core staff and aides must be core northerners.
[/quote]we can see the change. Change indeed.
Re: Buhari Rejects Tinubu’s Move To Make Fayemi Chief Of Staff by NgeneUkwenu(f): 10:37pm On May 28, 2015
tomakint:

Did you know I confirmed this news today from Buhari's close confidant even before reading it online......this same man said he had prepared his Ministerial list already.....if Buhari can keep up the tempo like this for the next 4years I will support him but till then I still dey look am.....I am loving this grin cheesy

Mumu! The same way you swore, Jonathan Was Gonna Win! Lying Tout!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Rejects Tinubu’s Move To Make Fayemi Chief Of Staff by tomakint: 10:42pm On May 28, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Re: Buhari Rejects Tinubu’s Move To Make Fayemi Chief Of Staff by tomakint: 10:47pm On May 28, 2015
satelliteDISH:

WARNING!!! TO GMB. Dont bite the finger that feed u.
Like say Buhari cared about some 'crooked fingers' undecided no be only bite this Buhari will 'chew on fingers' you can write this down or better still quote me....
Re: Buhari Rejects Tinubu’s Move To Make Fayemi Chief Of Staff by Sirniyeh(m): 10:50pm On May 28, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

What you don't know can make you goof around. Pls stop that here. The Buhari I know very intimately will surprise you all. He indeed fled out without the knowledge of the Southern party associates.

So stop calling names when you are in the dark

1 Like

Re: Buhari Rejects Tinubu’s Move To Make Fayemi Chief Of Staff by semitunde: 8:15am On May 29, 2015
Sirniyeh:

What you don't know can make you goof around. Pls stop that here. The Buhari I know very intimately will surprise you all. He indeed fled out without the knowledge of the Southern party associates.

So stop calling names when you are in the dark

We want Buhari to surprise us. Especially positively. If he thinks he doesn't need any of Tinubu's team.with him, then so be it. We just want the president to succeed and we move from the mess the out going GEJ had created.

If you think those who voted Buhari will turn against him for following his instincts in finding solutions, you're sorely mistaken.

If you think those who voted Buhari will turn against Tinubu for suggesting those to work with the president, you're sorely mistaken.

If you think those who voted Buhari will turn against him for not choosing some of Tinubu's suggested inputs, you're sorely mistaken!

You TANdroids don't ever think of the country but your will to be proven right, you have never been right. You don't like Buhari, you only love the seeming dissafection between him and Tinubu. Just as your other wild postulation, you will be proven wrong again.

Nigeria will move forward, with or without your support. I personally hope we'll do it without your inputs.
Re: Buhari Rejects Tinubu’s Move To Make Fayemi Chief Of Staff by Tofax: 10:21am On May 30, 2015
Interesting
Re: Buhari Rejects Tinubu’s Move To Make Fayemi Chief Of Staff by doctokwus: 10:37am On May 30, 2015
This opposition with their media organs would be so dry.
I wonder why all these outfits think opposition means outright lies and opposing every single thing done.
Buhari may take some missteps and appoint one or two controversial persons or even dilly dally in taking some actions. Those are d things u catch on as an opposition and bring to d sensitivities of Nigerians,not all these irritating made up tales and half baked analysis.
Even some of us who are die hard supporters of Buhari sincerely would want to see him put on his toes; to help free himself from some of d same people that have led us to this misery but now gallivanting round him and to also refine and fine tune his decision making.But we don't want this kindergarten method of playing opposition politics.

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To Goodluck Ebele Jonathan By A Staunch APC Supporter / MATTERS ARISING. SE/SS In A Conundrum. / Every State In The South East Have More Than 1 City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.