Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,756 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation (14549 Views)

I Got A Job After 6month I Was Interviewed / Wow Job After A Big Disapointment. / How To Increase Your Chance Of Getting Desired Job After Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by oferefe(f): 1:31pm On May 09, 2012
It took me 11months after NYSC,but within that 11months i was doing business and enjoyed every bit of it trust me,i only need a job experience,and i wont find it difficult if i want to resume back into business cos am learning both job and business experience rite now while developing my career alonside.with God on my side.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by gbokukueba(m): 1:38pm On May 09, 2012
Well i guess we dont have the full story because am sure in the last 2 years your friend must have turned down some low paying jobs waiting for a big break. As for me i have learnt it is very easy to work your way to the top, i started a sales job 2 months after my final exams in 2004 on a paltry salary of 25k stayed on the job all through NYSC. Between then and now i have worked in 4 organization and the current being a global MNC that takes me around MEA. There is no one approach to getting a good job some might land it on their first job others might hop from place to place but the most important thing is that you must be ready to bring something to the table a few organizations will train you but you must exhibit some form of potential.

My candid advise your friend should go pick up a trade or work for free in any organization.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by Nurry: 1:43pm On May 09, 2012
I got mine the month i graduated
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by femi4: 1:48pm On May 09, 2012
It took me 11 months, and when the job finally came, I was in a dilemma of choosing between two offers. Even in your job search, always remember that "The race is not always to the swift"

2 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by kenkruse: 1:51pm On May 09, 2012
It all depends on prayer. Mine worked like magic having dedicated my NYSC to the service of God.I got my high paying job two weeks before P.O.P. It wasnt all roses when i started but with patience and dedication, i got promoted.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by Abmalcom(m): 1:58pm On May 09, 2012
3 yrs and still searching.
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by ABRlink(m): 2:20pm On May 09, 2012
Absorbed by coy during NYSC.
I am inclined to think that the timeframe is a function of how quickly your potential and useability can become visible to potential employers. that requires on your part to hone your skillset to a desirable level. it also requires you to interface that skillset to the kind of environments and workplace such such skillset is essential. Bottom line: dust your ass and get to work on yourself!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by teddy2011: 2:21pm On May 09, 2012
God has indeed be faithful to me! I got my b4 NYSC. Though it was the Lord's doing, Then companies would come to school to conduct test for all the best students, which if u passed, u would be posted to serve there.
And by God's grace I was retained with the company!

Its all about being patient & pray to God. It would happen at His own time.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by SANCTO: 2:35pm On May 09, 2012
My fellow Nlanders, God is the ultimate in terms of getting a good Job. I got my own Job exactly 9 months after my POP. Initially I was worried because among my friends, I was the only one left without Job some months after my POP. It was when I realized that my future is in God's hand and that idleness is sin that I ran back to God while doing a teaching job at one private school at Port Harcourt. With wage bill of 10k per month,out of which i pay monthly rent of 3k and I survived with the rest.

To cut the long story short, the miracle happened on the 23rd of December 2008. When my name appeared on the dailies. This was the beginning of my divine turn around.

Am earning a fat salary, bought a car and bought a land at the choicest part of the town.

I want to use this medium to advise job seekers not to depend on uncles' promises because this nearly ruined my life.

After my NYSC, I decided not to go back to the village. I rented an apartment at PH. stay in the city because there are more opports there dan villa.

Also challenge God by sowing seed (if you believe) and blessing the poor so that you come out of poverty.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by oba009(m): 2:39pm On May 09, 2012
Loving this keep the fire burning

SANCTO: My fellow Nlanders, God is the ultimate in terms of getting a good Job. I got my own Job exactly 9 months after my POP. Initially I was worried because among my friends, I was the only one left without Job some months after my POP. It was when I realized that my future is in God's hand and that idleness is sin that I ran back to God while doing a teaching job at one private school at Port Harcourt. With wage bill of 10k per month,out of which i pay monthly rent of 3k and I survived with the rest.

To cut the long story short, the miracle happened on the 23rd of December 2008. When my name appeared on the dailies. This was the beginning of my divine turn around.

Am earning a fat salary, bought a car and bought a land at the choicest part of the town.

I want to use this medium to advise job seekers not to depend on uncles' promises because this nearly ruined my life.

After my NYSC, I decided not to go back to the village. I rented an apartment at PH. stay in the city because there are more opports there dan villa.

Also challenge God by sowing seed (if you believe) and blessing the poor so that you come out of poverty.
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by jajajaja828: 2:52pm On May 09, 2012
i stay for 2year and some months before i got a job that that pay me 60k, after that, i worked for 1 year and eight months until i got the another one the pay me 266,000 now.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by sconsults: 2:53pm On May 09, 2012
A doctor.next day after graduation and in nigeria.210 thousand montly
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by ayindetemi: 2:58pm On May 09, 2012
Graduated 2008,abt 2 finish my Msc,blvin God 4 a good job.Don't ever stay idle lookin 4 job,jst do smtn dt ll add value 2 u n d sky is nt evn ur limit.cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by aminudangana: 3:03pm On May 09, 2012
winkFrom d day I graduated
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by Okijajuju1(m): 3:04pm On May 09, 2012
1 year after NYSC.... I passed out of service, took a one year sabbathical, returned to Nigeria and got my current Job within 4months. I am still looking for work as I am not professionally satisfied with my current job.
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by jajajaja828: 3:09pm On May 09, 2012
gbokukueba: Well i guess we dont have the full story because am sure in the last 2 years your friend must have turned down some low paying jobs waiting for a big break. As for me i have learnt it is very easy to work your way to the top, i started a sales job 2 months after my final exams in 2004 on a paltry salary of 25k stayed on the job all through NYSC. Between then and now i have worked in 4 organization and the current being a global MNC that takes me around MEA. There is no one approach to getting a good job some might land it on their first job others might hop from place to place but the most important thing is that you must be ready to bring something to the table a few organizations will train you but you must exhibit some form of potential.

My candid advise your friend should go pick up a trade or work for free in any organization.

Regards.

r u advising or what. thats y some people like u feel exams. the question says HOW LONG DID IT TAKE U TO GET A JOB AFTER GRADUATE and u r talking rubbish. blablabalbla MNC and MEA, y abbreviation. pls always answer question how it is not ur long story/advise.
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by chyzoo4u(m): 3:51pm On May 09, 2012
jajajaja828:

r u advising or what. thats y some people like u feel exams. the question says HOW LONG DID IT TAKE U TO GET A JOB AFTER GRADUATE and u r talking rubbish. blablabalbla MNC and MEA, y abbreviation. pls always answer question how it is not ur long story/advise.

My guy don vex....
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by timpaker(m): 3:56pm On May 09, 2012
I waited for one (1) long year, i thank God I'm working with the FG.
though, not in my current field of practice and expertise. but i'm grateful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by moneyjed(m): 4:00pm On May 09, 2012
for me, zerozero months! i started working with my hobbies even before we went to youth service. at the youth service, i transformed my hobbies into a community development (CD) project. after youth service, i transformed it into a business, that is what i've been doin since---using computer applications to work and solve problems for persons, families, businesses, people, etc. we are transforming the company into a full ICT, Research and Human Resource Development firm this NOW!

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by asiwajuone: 4:18pm On May 09, 2012
simple solution to employment/job search issues......... www.peopletemp.net or www.peopleprime.net...but for young graduates,check out peopletemp.net.....56B, Isaac John Street, GRA ikeja
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by Wumami: 4:22pm On May 09, 2012
Hmm,got mine the week I was meant to complete my NYSC, it was a very good job - good company, career path, and the remuneration was over N195k at the time - over 7 yrs ago.
I didn't know anyone at the company, submitted my CV online.

It is important to clarify and explain the following:
1. I trusted God and believed him for the companies (I selected) I would love to work with and that I will start working the week after NYSC. Back in school, I did a seed offering for a job.
2. I like my profession, passionate about it.
3. I did my professional exams alongside my undergrad, had both before completing NYSC.
4.My grades were excellent.

I wish you all the best!

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 09, 2012
Got a job a full 2 months before my final exams.
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by gbokukueba(m): 4:49pm On May 09, 2012
grin[b][/b]
jajajaja828:

Mr Jaja of Opobo,

Make you no vex MNC means Multi National Corporation and MEA means Middle East and Africa, its because i no wan FEEL exams ...

I answered the question, shared my story and advised the individual.

Cheers
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by lorenzos1: 4:53pm On May 09, 2012
God gave me mine 9 months after Nysc..but the time it takes before you get a job is determined sometimes by some factors like what u graduated with [gradepoint], your age..as most companies won't take anytin below 2.2 and age limit of 27, then the people you know[connection], u shld be able to pass all those tests too and be very confident at interviews all this means u must prepaare hard...but you have to know that the search period is a very great time to draw closer to God more thaan ever..since u av time for urself.mmeditae in Gods word and he would give you wisdom for living and guide you aright..it is by Grace not power a friend of mine ffinished skool and service a year b4 me and was searching..I finsihed service got a job after 9 months and he was still seacrchin he only got his job 4 months after I had been employed.the battle is not to d swift.ecc 9:11.also read extensively and leearn one or two crafts..

2 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by oliverdon: 4:59pm On May 09, 2012
hmmm mine was 9 month after my nysc,i look up and down no help frm all d big bros dat promise to help i decided to go learn driving for 3 days with my remaing alawi,after d traini i began search for drivi work since is easy to get,d 1st place ask me to bring anybody who is director id card fotocopy no way i keep move on to a hotel and i was offer d driving work to resume as God will hv it i got a small job wit engineering coy were i start my career,and UBA called i ignor doe there pay was more dan d engineering,now am in my fourth job as an engineer and if my driver is away frm job i drive myself bc of d traini i hard as a result of jobless,I WILL I ADVICE MY BROS GO INTO TEACHING PENDING WEN A GOOD JOB WILL ARRIVE make e swallow pride,dot mind dat all ur friend are in shell or zenith bank,dose my friend who got job earlier b4 can no c my back for great achievement and confortability.
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by Dansadaumallam(m): 5:11pm On May 09, 2012
I graduated 2002,finished service 2005 ,got teaching job 6months after then in 2007 february I got a civil service job as an Admin Officer.
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by joanana(f): 5:15pm On May 09, 2012
2 years with prayer and faith
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by Jarus(m): 5:27pm On May 09, 2012
Pre-NYSC job: Two weeks after my final exams, even before being issued statement of result.
Permanent job: Two weeks after NYSC passing-out.
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by filia4real(m): 5:37pm On May 09, 2012
cheesy To the Glory of God, two months after my passing out parade at makurdi.
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by sashaa(f): 5:39pm On May 09, 2012
It took me 1year and 8months after NYSC
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by jackpot(f): 5:46pm On May 09, 2012
16 months after NYSC. Wrote 4-5 aptitude tests in the process.
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 09, 2012
Six years man. I tot I was the only one until I met my type. Thank GOD now I don hamma with a good job
Plutus: Hey guyz! A gud friend of mine gets worried by d day for not getting a job for 2yrs now after graduation........ please, let's share our experience so as to give people like him some sort of encouragement....... How long did it take u to get a nice paying job after graduation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Xiaomi Fires 900 Employees, To Slash 15% Of Jobs Globally / Vacancy For All Class / Lagos State Job Registration Centres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.