Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation (14568 Views)

I Got A Job After 6month I Was Interviewed / Wow Job After A Big Disapointment. / How To Increase Your Chance Of Getting Desired Job After Graduation (2) (3) (4)

Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by AbujaJobs1(m): 12:07pm On May 10, 2012
For others still searching for a job here's a vacant position for a personal assistant @ MTN. Good luck!
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by Sike(m): 1:19pm On May 10, 2012
*sighs* Na wa o!
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by saintgwizard(m): 1:35pm On May 10, 2012
Got a good job with a multinational firm 8months after NYSC. I did various jobs ranging from teaching to pharmaceutical firms. My advice is develop your self. Conciously learn how to sell yourself, so that when the opportunity comes, your are in better position. Above all without JESUS you can do nothing!
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by dROC1: 3:48pm On May 10, 2012
gulfer: GODFATHERISM! shocked shocked lipsrsealed

Godfatherism will fail but God keeps his promises.
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by Dextra(f): 4:43pm On May 10, 2012
cogsej06:

U sound 2 b blowing ur truimpet.....huh! Who does nt hv a noble profession?? Just encourage d guy ''OP'' n stop feeling funky mcheeeeeeew.
Oh Dear me!! I didn't realize i was doing that, I am so sorry. forgive me. Dear Poster, all you need is to be good at what you do and the employers will come looking for you. Beside, I've noticed if you choose the profession that you are destined for you will never struggle in it. You will find a job soon in Jesus Name!

Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by Sanjanets(f): 1:18pm On May 11, 2012
MINE WAS 2 MONTHS.I REALLY THANK GOD FOR HIS MERCIES!!!
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by dunnes06(f): 1:20pm On May 11, 2012
GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME

A king, who did not believe in the goodness of God, had a slave who, in all circumstances, said: My king, do not be discouraged, because everything God does is perfect, no mistakes! One day they went hunting and along the way a wild animal attacked the king. His slave managed to kill the animal, but could not prevent his majesty losing a finger. Furious and without showing his gratitude for being saved, the nobleman said “Is God good? If He was good, I would not have been attacked and lost my finger." The slave replied:"My king, despite all these things, I can only tell you that God is good, and he knows "why" of all these things. What God does is perfect. He is never wrong!" Outraged by the response, the king ordered the arrest of his slave. Later, he left for another hunt and was captured by savages who made human sacrifices. In the altar, ready to sacrifice the nobleman, the savages found that the victim had not one of his fingers, so he was released. According to them, it was not so complete to be offered to the gods. Upon his return to the palace, he authorized the release of his slave that he received very affectionately.  "My dear, God was really good to me! I was almost killed by the wild men, but for lack of a single finger, I was let go! But I have a question: if God is so good, why did he allow me to put you in jail?" "My King, if I had gone with you in this hunt, I would have been sacrificed for you, because I have no missing finger, therefore, remember everything God does is perfect. He is never wrong." Often we complain about life, and negative things that happen to us, forgetting that nothing is random and that everything has a purpose. Every morning, offer your day to God, don't be in a rush. Ask God to inspire your thoughts, guide your actions, and ease your feelings. And do not be afraid. God is never wrong! You know why this message is for you? I do not know, but God knows, because he never makes mistakes....... The path of God and his word is perfect, without impurities. He is the way of all those who trust in Him, as he says in 2 Samuel  22: 31 What you do with this message is up to you. May God put in your heart the desire to send it to someone. God knows why He choose you to receive this message. Please bless someone with it. 
There is a reason for you going through whatever you are passing through; if you don’t despair, you will get the answer very soon and you will bless HIS holy name. God is never wrong! 
 I have a friend, Jesus is my friend.

Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by lemmyt(m): 1:21am On May 12, 2012
Hmm, 9ice one here! Am presently a batch B corps member who is passing out in few weeks time. just got an offer letter from one ISP coy in Aja. The pay is not very encouraging considering proximity and am to resume a week after pop.I pray to God for a better offer bt am still very much grateful to God for the one @ hand.
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by ssumpta(f): 1:45am On May 12, 2012
Well well well it took me a good 3 years which i still look back and feel bitter about. d job i have now is not my dream job but its helping me get work experience. its a tough situation in Nigeria but we have a God who sees us through.
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by Shygal(f): 3:02pm On May 12, 2012
cogsej06:

U sound 2 b blowing ur truimpet.....huh! Who does nt hv a noble profession?? Just encourage d guy ''OP'' n stop feeling funky mcheeeeeeew.
imagine dextra! Bt dis is pride
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by Shygal(f): 3:05pm On May 12, 2012
Dextra: Oh Dear me!! I didn't realize i was doing that, I am so sorry. forgive me. Dear Poster, all you need is to be good at what you do and the employers will come looking for you. Beside, I've noticed if you choose the profession that you are destined for you will never struggle in it. You will find a job soon in Jesus Name!
nw ur talkin. A big AMEN to dt...
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by Shygal(f): 3:15pm On May 12, 2012
Sm1 shd pls help me out on dis; i read all thru ur comments n its indeed encoragin. Indeed GOD is d ultimate. Meanwhile i do nt wnt 2 jus fold ma arms n wait 4 God's favor. Am presntly waitin 4ma nysc in july, pls hw do i go abt my job search durin my nysc so as to @list reduce d risk of stayin unemployd 4long afta ma nysc. Tnx!
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by cogsej06(m): 8:02am On May 13, 2012
Dextra: Oh Dear me!! I didn't realize i was doing that, I am so sorry. forgive me. Dear Poster, all you need is to be good at what you do and the employers will come looking for you. Beside, I've noticed if you choose the profession that you are destined for you will never struggle in it. You will find a job soon in Jesus Name!

Hahhahhahahhahah Nah.........I hold no grudge against U lol. But U just showed n display humulity n dats really commendable. Thanks 4 ur words 2 d OP n God bless us all. Cheers n happy sunday.
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by cogsej06(m): 8:03am On May 13, 2012
Shygal: imagine dextra! Bt dis is pride

hw?? Dnt get it.
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by Daymauler: 10:22am On May 13, 2012
Korrection: So most of you here are telling us that job is very easy to get in naija?? now why do we complain there is no job when almost 80 percent here says 1 month or two...?? na wao

Most people who replies/contributed have jobs! The unemployed might not be triggered to contribute
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by Shygal(f): 10:26am On May 13, 2012
Daymauler:

Most people who replies/contributed have jobs! The unemployed might not be triggered to contribute
ur ryt dere. . .
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by Shygal(f): 10:29am On May 13, 2012
Nw nobdy is tellin me anytin as regrds 2ma qst. Dts unfair. #sad#
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by 2sexy(m): 4:45pm On May 13, 2012
SANCTO: My fellow Nlanders, God is the ultimate in terms of getting a good Job. I got my own Job exactly 9 months after my POP. Initially I was worried because among my friends, I was the only one left without Job some months after my POP. It was when I realized that my future is in God's hand and that idleness is sin that I ran back to God while doing a teaching job at one private school at Port Harcourt. With wage bill of 10k per month,out of which i pay monthly rent of 3k and I survived with the rest.

To cut the long story short, the miracle happened on the 23rd of December 2008. When my name appeared on the dailies. This was the beginning of my divine turn around.

Am earning a fat salary, bought a car and bought a land at the choicest part of the town.

I want to use this medium to advise job seekers not to depend on uncles' promises because this nearly ruined my life.

After my NYSC, I decided not to go back to the village. I rented an apartment at PH. stay in the city because there are more opports there dan villa.

Also challenge God by sowing seed (if you believe) and blessing the poor so that you come out of poverty.

Thanks man. Na so I dey do am o o. I am graduating dis year and by Gods grace, I won't search long for my job.

A lot of people do not believing in giving but I must confess that its as a result of my giving that I lack nothing as a student. I lost my dad in 2006 and my mum 2008. Things were tought, feeding was a problem but in the midst of chaos, the Lord delivered me.

I wanted to go back to school and further my education at a HND level but there was no money from anywhere but to go be the glory by August 2012, I will be graduating. My friends whom I helped one way or the other paid my school feel and all that. Givers always find mercy and never lack.
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by 2sexy(m): 4:46pm On May 13, 2012
SANCTO: My fellow Nlanders, God is the ultimate in terms of getting a good Job. I got my own Job exactly 9 months after my POP. Initially I was worried because among my friends, I was the only one left without Job some months after my POP. It was when I realized that my future is in God's hand and that idleness is sin that I ran back to God while doing a teaching job at one private school at Port Harcourt. With wage bill of 10k per month,out of which i pay monthly rent of 3k and I survived with the rest.

To cut the long story short, the miracle happened on the 23rd of December 2008. When my name appeared on the dailies. This was the beginning of my divine turn around.

Am earning a fat salary, bought a car and bought a land at the choicest part of the town.

I want to use this medium to advise job seekers not to depend on uncles' promises because this nearly ruined my life.

After my NYSC, I decided not to go back to the village. I rented an apartment at PH. stay in the city because there are more opports there dan villa.

Also challenge God by sowing seed (if you believe) and blessing the poor so that you come out of poverty.
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by 2sexy(m): 4:48pm On May 13, 2012
Shygal: Nw nobdy is tellin me anytin as regrds 2ma qst. Dts unfair. #sad#
what's your question?
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by calabaman(m): 8:21pm On May 13, 2012
Seven months after service am still praying that God blesses me with a job. Its not been easy, but i still give all glory to God.
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by Shygal(f): 5:10am On May 14, 2012
Shygal: Sm1 shd pls help me out on dis; i read all thru ur comments n its indeed encoragin. Indeed GOD is d ultimate. Meanwhile i do nt wnt 2 jus fold ma arms n wait 4 God's favor. Am presntly waitin 4ma nysc in july, pls hw do i go abt my job search durin my nysc so as to @list reduce d risk of stayin unemployd 4long afta ma nysc. Tnx!
@2sexy dt ws ma question. Thnx
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by mcstan18(m): 8:18am On May 14, 2012
As long as God deems fit to every man. Just be sure you're sold out to God and He'll perfectly dictate your pace.
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by Dreamsinbc(f): 9:02am On May 14, 2012
God has been good. I started my first job in year 3 of Uni. Had to quit to go to law school, then service. POP was on the 14th of Feb and I started my post NYSC job on the 18th of Feb, just left it to go into biz for myself, a decision I wish I had taken back then. @OP and others, I know it's not easy starting biz for yourself, but it can be done. Pls do not lose hope and time waiting 2 years for a job. I thought my job paid well, but when I started baking, I realised what I had been missing. And it isn't too capital intensive. Infact, I bake from home!
Even if ur ultimate dream is a white collar job, u can start something while u wait.
Re: How Long Did It Take U To Get A Job After Graduation by OnuohaE(m): 12:49pm On May 14, 2012
I got mine 3 years and 4months after NYSC I am in my second 1 now. All u need doing is to pray 4 God to link u to ur helper and to also open up to many opportunities; the best is 4 one to be self employed.

Young Man Showcases His Cv/resume In Unique Video Format / LSHSC Oral Interview For Medical/Dental Officers At General Hospital Odan / Vacancy For All Class