Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage (16907 Views)

Mozambique Scraps Ban On Same-sex Marriage! / President Obama Announces Military Action Against Syria! / Obama Announces Hilary Clinton As Secretary Of States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by manny4life(m): 5:06pm On May 10, 2012
papa giddy: now,OBAMA is voted out. he has lost the election already. u just watch!

And who will you vote in? Romney? embarassed embarassed embarassed

The one who has foreign account in Switzerland? or is it the one who supports increase on taxes for the poor? or is it the one has called for the total removal of medicare? Or is the one who has called for the total scrap of supplemental food assistance program (SNAP aka Food stamp), although me support this one partially.
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:09pm On May 10, 2012
They have a right to practice what they want and if they want the full rights of a married couple they should go ahead and have it.

1 Like

Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by bigsean(m): 5:10pm On May 10, 2012
papa giddy: now,OBAMA is voted out. he has lost the election already. u just watch!
Oga, u have not said anything new, any smart but truthful person that has been following the US politics knows obama will lose the election, unless something miracles happens, (he's poltical anaylsts know this, thats why they are trying to win more support by appealing to the gays, "which is a gay move if u ask me" but the guy is in hustle mode right now grin)

why is it hard for people to realize obama and bush are not even on the same level....obama is way more smarter, and hardworking and has results to back him up
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by omofat: 5:11pm On May 10, 2012
Obama is not your pastor ooooo.

Obama is president of the US, sworn to uphold something called the constitution.

The country is not a theocracy ooo.
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by bigsean(m): 5:13pm On May 10, 2012
omo~fat:
Obama is not your pastor ooooo.

Obama is president of the US, sworn to uphold something called the constitution.

The country is not a theocracy ooo.

pls tell them there is separation of church and state over here.
Some people will find it hard to get used to that.
but that is how the US government was built to work
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by dayokanu(m): 5:14pm On May 10, 2012
dayokanu: I am with Obama on this

Even if I dont support their practices, I cant deny their rights

And some ppl yelling today. That was the same way anyone who supported women right, civil rights etc years back was viewed
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by omofat: 5:30pm On May 10, 2012
What is even funnier or weirder (depending on how you look at it) is that clowns like Rush Limbaugh or Newt Gingrich will now come out and absolutely bash Obama repeatedly for "undermining the institution of marriage" and they will do so without any sense of irony whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by bigsean(m): 5:37pm On May 10, 2012
pelezico: Separation of Church and state is misunderstood by almost everybody except Christians. It was never the intention of Thomas Jefferson (the 3rd President of the US who first coined this term ) to exclude religious convictions from Politics but to stop interference of Government in Church affairs.

His letter to the Danbury Baptist association in the state of Connecticut by Thomas Jefferson explains this very clearly. Those in favour of not allowing men with natural basic Godly convictions (think conscience) of which all people possess to one degree of another is literally enslavement.

Here in the UK the State (well we do follow after Marxs manifesto) are doing the same trying to redefine marriage thereby aboloshing marriage since a redefining of it destroys its meaning completely.

Matthew 19
But he answered and said to them, “Have you not read that he who made from the beginning, made them male and female?” 5And he said, “Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and shall cleave to his wife and the two of them shall be one flesh.” 6“Therefore they were not two, but one flesh. The things therefore that God has united let not a man separate.”

Its official u have interpreted the whole church and state thing upside down, i cant laugh at u enough.
youtube JFK's church and state speech, then cover your head in shame for trying to mislead people.
and u do know JFK fought for civil rights, one of the reasons he got killed!
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by asscend: 5:40pm On May 10, 2012
When Civil Partenships was granted, they told us they will not in anyway tamper with Marriage as we all know it to be, now they want to go a step further and endorse it. Anyway i hope the Senate chucks it out when it comes to them.
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by omofat: 5:42pm On May 10, 2012
big_sean:
Its official u have interpreted the whole church and state thing upside down, i cant laugh at u enough.
youtube JFK's church and state speech, then cover your head in shame for trying to mislead people.
and u do know JFK fought for civil rights, one of the reasons he got killed!

Thank you sir
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by Kay17: 5:47pm On May 10, 2012

And some ppl yelling today. That was the same way anyone who supported women right, civil rights etc years back was viewed

Exactly, the substance being protected is the rights. Not whether u enjoy the acts.
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by omofat: 5:47pm On May 10, 2012
asscend: When Civil Partenships was granted, they told us they will not in anyway tamper with Marriage as we all know it to be, now they want to go a step further and endorse it. Anyway i hope the Senate chucks it out when it comes to them.

Anybody that talks about embracing civil unions/partnerships but denounces gay marriage is engaging in some kind of weird verbal gymnastics. Eventually you will realise that one eventually and ultimately leads to the other. Hence why the man is careful to describe his journey as an 'evolution'. It's just not logically sound to say "i think person X can do this thing that person Y does and call it different names".

The concept of separate but equal doesn't really make sense.
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by omofat: 5:49pm On May 10, 2012
Kay 17:

Exactly, the substance being protected is the rights. Not whether u enjoy the acts.

Unfortunately, there are huge masses of people that only see black and white.

They have no understanding or appreciation for nuances and subleties.

You will find it very difficult trying to explain it to them.

But I wish you well in trying. You just might succeed smiley
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by Kay17: 5:50pm On May 10, 2012
big_sean:
pls tell them there is separation of church and state over here.
Some people will find it hard to get used to that.
but that is how the US government was built to work

The Nigerian constitution guarantees it too.
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by bigsean(m): 5:51pm On May 10, 2012
to be real, i personally am not so comfortable with the whole gay and lesbo stuff, but this is life, they are humans, there is what is called civil rights, (i know must of u in nig or christian nut heads will find it hard to understand, cos u would have termed them witches and burnt them).
i am not gay and i dont wish for any of my family member to be, but those that are already gay should not be cast away. there are more gay people in this world than we are willing to admit.
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by bigsean(m): 5:56pm On May 10, 2012
Kay 17:

The Nigerian constitution guarantees it too.
But is it enforced!
My brother there are lots of things that are there but not followed, its my country too, i know how we roll...lol
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by asscend: 5:56pm On May 10, 2012
Delafruita: av noticed that when gay topics arise,some hypocritical buffoons start quoting and misquoting.i agree the Bible condemns it but doesnt the bible condemn adultery,polygamy and many other things that are prevalent in our society?why will i deny another person his own sin(no matter how ludicrous) when i also commit mine?

Two wrongs can't make a right. Gay Marriage is not what we take likely and we don't encourage it. We also have an opinion and our opinion should be heard.
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by Roughlen(m): 5:58pm On May 10, 2012
GAR3TH: But just for the record, like I said before on this thread and others, WHAT DO GAY PEOPLE 3000 MILES AWAY CONCERN YOU. DOES THE NIGERIAN ECONOMY CRASH BECAUSE OF GAY PEOPLE OR DOES THE PRICE OF OIL TRIPLE OR IS CORRUPTION CAUSED BY GAY PEOPLE? WETIN CONCERN YOU ABOUT THE LIVES OF SOMEONE ELSE 3000 MILES AWAY OR EVEN YOUR NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR. NOTHING!!! people are just sticking their noises into arguments that wont even affect them nor the country. Thats just being an instigator and a bigot. If gay marriage is past or not or if obama approves of it or not who cares, life still goes on as usually and nothing will change. Hence why I and many others find it !funny that many people are so sentimental about this issue even though it does not involve them. this hole gay marriage thing is blown out of proportion by people who have nothing better to do.

It concerns us because society is bound to frown at deviant behaviors. Any behavior that doesn't conform to the norms and values of society will be spoken against, rejected and condemned. Why do they seek recognition and acceptance if it is ok? Nobody has come out to say all the other sins you listed in your other thread are right. Just as nobody has come up to seek recognition and acceptance of them. People still speak against them and condemn those practices just like they are speaking agianst gay marriage now. People will continue to speak against gay people and condemn their behavior whether you like it or not. If they must indulge in their filthy acts, they should do it in hiding like adulterers, robbbers etc
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by owendei(m): 5:59pm On May 10, 2012
pelezico: Separation of Church and state is misunderstood by almost everybody except Christians. It was never the intention of Thomas Jefferson (the 3rd President of the US who first coined this term ) to exclude religious convictions from Politics but to stop interference of Government in Church affairs.

His letter to the Danbury Baptist association in the state of Connecticut by Thomas Jefferson explains this very clearly. Those in favour of not allowing men with natural basic Godly convictions (think conscience) of which all people possess to one degree of another is literally enslavement.

Here in the UK the State (well we do follow after Marxs manifesto) are doing the same trying to redefine marriage thereby aboloshing marriage since a redefining of it destroys its meaning completely.

Matthew 19
But he answered and said to them, “Have you not read that he who made from the beginning, made them male and female?” 5And he said, “Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and shall cleave to his wife and the two of them shall be one flesh.” 6“Therefore they were not two, but one flesh. The things therefore that God has united let not a man separate.”

cant get dis dude. som1 help me plz.
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by asscend: 6:04pm On May 10, 2012
Sodom and Gomorah was given to us as an example so we don't repeat same mistake, unfortunately people see it as mere fiction, another time They also laughed at Noah until the floods came...

The wise ones will only warn against such and will not take part, in a very short while the consequences of such decisions will be clear for all to see.
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by asscend: 6:05pm On May 10, 2012
Chrisbenogor: They have a right to practice what they want and if they want the full rights of a married couple they should go ahead and have it.

Really??
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by Nebeuwa(m): 6:07pm On May 10, 2012
President Obama will not lose silly Nairalanders, because of same-sex marriage.

Even if President Obama does not win the popular vote, he will most likely have the Electoral College vote and that is what matters.

I will be voting for President Obama regardless, because I cannot see myself voting against the first black president. And that is the honest truth.
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by Sagamite(m): 6:19pm On May 10, 2012
Delafruita:
you guys are pathetic.the man is expressing his opinion which coincidentally is shared by numerous people.am sure soon the 'religious" group will appear with their words:abominable,shameful,soddom&gomorrah etc

You are a person!

So he is expressing his opinion and I am not suppose to form mine about him based on his opinions?
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by bigsean(m): 6:27pm On May 10, 2012
asscend: Sodom and Gomorah was given to us as an example so we don't repeat same mistake, unfortunately people see it as mere fiction, another time They also laughed at Noah until the floods came...

The wise ones will only warn against such and will not take part, in a very short while the consequences of such decisions will be clear for all to see.
Sodom and Gomorah....lol
let me enlighten you a bit since u clearly need it...cos its obvious you go to church but u dont know the church u go to.....
most of the churches discriminated against blacks in the old....when it was the norm to have slaves!
infact most of the churches condemned interracial marriage!
Mitt Romney's church advocates wearing magic underwear....(seriously, i didnt make that up grin)

My point is why didnt god send another sodom and gomorah (or something similar)to warn the people to stop the inhumane act it was giving out to other humans he created in he's likeness?
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by Sagamite(m): 6:28pm On May 10, 2012
elliottibanga:

Please review the following at your own convenience. And remember this, Google is your friend!!! grin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

Please note that Homosexual behaviours does not imply Homosexuals. There are no records of Homosexual animals.

And remember, God gave you your brain for reasoning. Use it for that!
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by Sagamite(m): 6:35pm On May 10, 2012

Feel free to compare homosexuality to yourself but please don't compare them to me.

Being black is natural, so is being a woman. Basis of comparison of both with homosexual desires should be non-existent.
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by Sagamite(m): 6:37pm On May 10, 2012
Nebeuwa: President Obama will not lose silly Nairalanders, because of same-sex marriage.

Even if President Obama does not win the popular vote, he will most likely have the Electoral College vote and that is what matters.

I will be voting for President Obama regardless, because I cannot see myself voting against the first black president. And that is the honest truth.

If I was in America, I would vote against him straight up. I vote for people based on principles and visions I agree with.
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by manny4life(m): 6:37pm On May 10, 2012
Sagamite:

Please note that Homosexual behaviours does not imply Homosexuals. There are no records of Homosexual animals.

So in other words, straight behaviors does not imply heterosexual, right? I mean that explains a lot on this thread.

According to that link, here is an excerpt from the first paragraph

Homosexual behavior in animals refers to the documented evidence of homosexual and bisexual behavior in various (non-human) species. Such behaviors include sex, courtship, affection, pair bonding, and parenting among same sex animals.

So are you trying to convince us in the bold that these behaviors doesn't constitute homosexual?
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by Henry40: 6:41pm On May 10, 2012
Sagamite:

Did you really read that article? Under the subtitle "Vultures" this is what I saw:

In 1998 two male Griffon vultures named Dashik and Yehuda, at the Jerusalem Biblical Zoo, engaged in "open and energetic sex" and built a nest. The keepers provided the couple with an artificial egg, which the two parents took turns incubating; and 45 days later, the zoo replaced the egg with a baby vulture. The two male vultures raised the chick together.[47] A few years later, however, Yehuda became interested in a female vulture that was brought into the aviary. Dashik became depressed, and was eventually moved to the zoological research garden at Tel Aviv University where he too set up a nest with a female vulture.

Seriously, how more Homosexual can it get?
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by Nebeuwa(m): 6:41pm On May 10, 2012
Sagamite:

If I was in America, I would vote against him straight up. I vote for people based on principles and visions I agree with.

Mitt Romney is not even better. We do not know if he is a conservative or a liberal. He is a flip flopper in my opinion.

Even though I strongly disagree with same sex marriage, it cannot be argued that President Obama has taken a widely unpopular stance. Something that I can respect him for.

The tide is changing in the United States; many people are more accepting of homosexuals. Many in my generation do not care anymore like our parents generation.
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by Sagamite(m): 6:44pm On May 10, 2012
manny4life:
So in other words, straight behaviors does not imply heterosexual, right? I mean that explains a lot on this thread.

According to that link, here is an excerpt from the first paragraph

Homosexual behavior in animals refers to the documented evidence of homosexual and bisexual behavior in various (non-human) species. Such behaviors include sex, courtship, affection, pair bonding, and parenting among same sex animals.

So are you trying to convince us in the bold that these behaviors doesn't constitute homosexual?

What a stewpid question?

If someone exihibits heterosexual behaviour and is heterosexual, does that not make him heterosexual?

Tough question?

Yeah, I knew you will struggle with it. Let me make it clearer.

If someone exhibits homosexual behaviour and is heterosexual, does that not make him homosexual?

Are prisoners that bone each others arse automatically homosexuals?

Show me a gay animal!!!

There are reasons why heterosexual animals can exhibit homosexual behaviours that does not mean they are homosexual animals.

Start using your brain to dissect what you are fed so you are not led to have rubbish opinions. Even the authors of the reports you point to ensured they were careful not to claim to have seen gay animals. They claim to have seen gay BEHAVIOUR!

This is how they use their reports to mislead young minds to think there are gay animals.
Re: Obama Announces Support For Same-sex Marriage by Henry40: 6:49pm On May 10, 2012
Sagamite:

What a stewpid question?

If someone exihibits heterosexual behaviour and is heterosexual, does that not make him heterosexual?

Tough question?

Yeah, I knew you will struggle with it. Let me make it clearer.

If someone exhibits homosexual behaviour and is heterosexual, does that not make him homosexual?

Are prisoners that bone each others arse automatically homosexuals?

Show me a gay animal!!!

There are reasons why heterosexual animals can exhibit homosexual behaviours that does not mean they are homosexual animals.

Start using your brain to dissect what you are fed so you are not led to have rubbish opinions. Even the authors of the reports you point ensured they did not claim to have seen gay animals. They claim to have seen gay BEHAVIOUR!

From your own point of view, I think you need to understand this topic better. The title of this topic is "Obama Announces Support For Same-Sex Marriage," Not "Gay Humans/ Animals." Now, your point is?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

President Salva Kiir Bans Singing Of National Anthem In His Absence In Sudan / Mandvulo Dlamini Dies Of COVID-19 / Mount Etna’s Eruption, As Volcano Spews Ash Clouds Into The Air(pics, Vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.