Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

SIMPLICITY AND HUMILITY! (pic Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa On Annual Leave In 1963) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SIMPLICITY AND HUMILITY! (pic Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa On Annual Leave In 1963) (23665 Views)

Legal Implications Of Abubakar Audu's Death – Festus Keyamo / Photo: General Obasanjo And Mrs Remi Obasanjo On Their Wedding Day In 1963 / Lamido Hands Over To SSG, Jets Out On Annual Leave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SIMPLICITY AND HUMILITY! (pic Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa On Annual Leave In 1963) by Ninilowo(m): 3:44pm On May 11, 2012
Never discussed this issue sometimes ago. Next?
Re: SIMPLICITY AND HUMILITY! (pic Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa On Annual Leave In 1963) by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 11, 2012
Mahatma Gandhi, one of the greatest the world has even seen wore only white ropes, shorts and slippers everywhere he went.

He wore the same outfit on his visit to England. Would you still class him as ignorant and lacking good hygiene? He traded his suits and shoes for those outfit meant for paupers in India.

Substituting shoes for slippers could be poor hygiene, but substituting a life of affluence and comfort for simplicity in order to represent your people is priceless...

That is the true beauty of leadership.

6 Likes

Re: SIMPLICITY AND HUMILITY! (pic Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa On Annual Leave In 1963) by inene: 3:51pm On May 11, 2012
REALLY DONT UNDERSTAND WHY SIMPLE EXCHANGE OF VIEWS ON NAIRALANDS LEAD TO RACIAL SLURS. WHEN PEOPLE DONT HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY THEY RESORT TO NAME CALLING. THIS SORT OF BEHAVIOUS SHOULD BE DISCOURAGED BY THE MODERATOR. PEOPLE SHOULD NOT USE NAIRALAND AS AN AVENUE TO ABUSE TRIBES AND TONGUES. I AM SURE THAT IS NOT WHY SEUN ESTABLISHED THE SITE. GUYS BE ADVICED AND SHARE YOUR VIEW WITH A SENSE OF DECORUM OR JUST KEEP QUITE. IT IS NOT A CRIME NOT TO HAVE A VIEW ON SOME ISSUES. ITS NOT ALL THE ISSUES THAT I RESPOND TO.

1 Like

Re: SIMPLICITY AND HUMILITY! (pic Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa On Annual Leave In 1963) by zaboy: 3:53pm On May 11, 2012
Islam teaches simplicity and modesty. Balewa was a devout muslim, hence the simplicity.

2 Likes

Re: SIMPLICITY AND HUMILITY! (pic Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa On Annual Leave In 1963) by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 11, 2012
Typically, the Ibos are industrious and adventurous, the Hausas are straight-forward and simple and the Yorubas are progressive and respectful. All of them are proud of their tribe and heritage. Imagine combining this qualities together!! Nigeria would have been where it ought to be! Plzzz don't curse the memory we have of our pioneer leaders!! Stop d blame-game!! Am 4rm d south-south.. But for this Boko wahala, my choice location is somewhere up north!!!

2 Likes

Re: SIMPLICITY AND HUMILITY! (pic Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa On Annual Leave In 1963) by MrGlobe(m): 4:04pm On May 11, 2012
nchewi: Typically, the Ibos are industrious and adventurous, the Hausas are straight-forward and simple and the Yorubas are progressive and respectful. All of them are proud of their tribe and heritage. Imagine combining this qualities together!! Nigeria would have been where it ought to be! Plzzz don't curse the memory we have of our pioneer leaders!! Stop d blame-game!! Am 4rm d south-south.. But for this Boko wahala, my choice location is somewhere up north!!!
lmao at the bolded. Can I have a little of what you are smoking.

4 Likes

Re: SIMPLICITY AND HUMILITY! (pic Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa On Annual Leave In 1963) by ziccoit: 4:06pm On May 11, 2012
The time this gentleman was sitting on the floor, his colleagues in the South (minus SW) were sitting on imported furniture materials procured with embezzled government money that belong to the masses.

1 Like

Re: SIMPLICITY AND HUMILITY! (pic Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa On Annual Leave In 1963) by hamgbol(m): 4:08pm On May 11, 2012
its really sad that people still find it difficult to appreciate simplicity. Billions of naira are been stolen today by people that sits on multi-million naira chair while country has nothing to show for it. As a country, We celebrate Unemployment, bad roads, epileptic power, insecurity, corruption and all sorts.

1 Like

Re: SIMPLICITY AND HUMILITY! (pic Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa On Annual Leave In 1963) by Joshcoli(m): 4:16pm On May 11, 2012
This is the only time when curroption in Nigeria was very low cuz our leaders wanted the growth of the country and not growth of their pocket. Remember he went to a British school, speaks british language fluently and probably knows the life style of a british, but he didn't steal the countrys money to acquire such life style unlike our politicians these days and forget about his own traditional life style. I respect this man. This is not foolishness! Its shows a man with a positive spirit

2 Likes

Re: SIMPLICITY AND HUMILITY! (pic Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa On Annual Leave In 1963) by ismhab(m): 4:20pm On May 11, 2012
mjconcept:
Bigot how old are you?
YET UNBORN.
Re: SIMPLICITY AND HUMILITY! (pic Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa On Annual Leave In 1963) by Danbibi(m): 4:20pm On May 11, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]Manners by insulting our leaders i wonder what kind of future we are building, either simple or unmoderate i think ours is to pray 4 bright & peaceful future. Where respect of human dignity is welcome
hamgbol: its really sad that people still find it difficult to appreciate simplicity. Billions of naira are been stolen today by people that sits on multi-million naira chair while country has nothing to show for it. As a country, We celebrate Unemployment, bad roads, epileptic power, insecurity, corruption and all sorts.
Manners by insulting our leaders i wonder what kind of future we are building, either simple or unmoderate i think ours is to pray 4 bright & peaceful future. Where respect of human dignity is welcome
Re: SIMPLICITY AND HUMILITY! (pic Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa On Annual Leave In 1963) by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 11, 2012
Re: SIMPLICITY AND HUMILITY! (pic Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa On Annual Leave In 1963) by BIGERBOY1: 4:23pm On May 11, 2012
The only person I can compare to this guy in the current north is buhari.... I don't care from where a leader is if only they could exhibit half of this humility.... Just imagine what Nigeria would be globally if a leader like this would be at the helm! All the trillions stolen daily would have been put to good use.

1 Like

Re: SIMPLICITY AND HUMILITY! (pic Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa On Annual Leave In 1963) by onyewec3: 4:23pm On May 11, 2012
torkaka: leadership in nigeria started on the right footing till the infamous five majors and the indecisive ironsi scattered everything!

did u attend primary school @ all? because dis ur comment sound rather too low for an educated mind.go back to history book and get ur facts right.are u sure nigeria was on the right path during the pre and post independence?
Re: SIMPLICITY AND HUMILITY! (pic Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa On Annual Leave In 1963) by onyewec3: 4:28pm On May 11, 2012
ismhab:
MAY GOD PUNISH IRONSI WITH HELL FIRE.

Mr,if i may ask you who is God actually punnishing now? is it the pple with 20million alimajiris or the pple who have been ravaged by boko haram romance?what about the pple that have the highest number of illiteracy?i also heard that one zione in nigeria is filled with disease epidemic such as cerebrospinal meningitis,cholera,polio etc? wgho can guess what zone is that?
Re: SIMPLICITY AND HUMILITY! (pic Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa On Annual Leave In 1963) by BIGERBOY1: 4:32pm On May 11, 2012
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=video+of+Tafawa+balewa+visit+to+us&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CGIQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DYT5m9Fn9RBg&ei=-S-tT6e7Icij6gHk67D_DA&usg=AFQjCNFW2nnhRQQaTyjJo4JXut1eYK_Mlw

Here is a link of his visit to the US. Compare the respect given to Nigerian then (without oil) and now. SMH
Re: SIMPLICITY AND HUMILITY! (pic Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa On Annual Leave In 1963) by jamd: 4:35pm On May 11, 2012
most nairalanders are so short-sighted that they cant differentiate a rubber carpet on a cemented floor to a floor
Re: SIMPLICITY AND HUMILITY! (pic Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa On Annual Leave In 1963) by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 11, 2012
greall1: Sitting on floor is part of their culture. If you go somewher like yobe state & maiduguru where I served all their rich men like to sit on floor & also like to eat together in same bowl. samequote author=Darui] How is sitting on the floor dirtying your babariga simple and humble?
It is good and humble that he decided to spend his vacation in his village but not the sitting on the floor. Those sort of traditions then should have been frowned upon. Modernization was lacking in his mindset. Its the truth.
Don't misunderstand me. In far east(japan,s.korea,) most families,rich or poor, sit on their buttocks to eat but never in the dirt. He was the PRIME MINISTER. Maybe he should not have had his picture taken like that! Its very bad for the image of this country.
Re: SIMPLICITY AND HUMILITY! (pic Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa On Annual Leave In 1963) by amosy007: 4:37pm On May 11, 2012
espn: Wel said# kockane..sum stupid animal wld always fink irrational..dats why d world can neva b @ equlibrum..wen fins wld b balanced..if it wer ojukwu dat was sitting on d floor..sum idiots wld praise him nd see sumfin gud abt dat..buh he is a northerner..stupidity wld never make dem see sumfin gud abt him..sumtimes I wish I cld just slap dos animals dat wld neva critisise construstively..

Choi....and this guys they vex bad bad cheesy grin .....well said though.
Re: SIMPLICITY AND HUMILITY! (pic Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa On Annual Leave In 1963) by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 11, 2012
obo_man:

Frowned Upon?

Typical humans, always complaining.

Maybe he thinks he doesn't have to go out of his means to be 'modernized' or maybe he thinks he has to act like the ordinary people he represents by sitting on the floor.

I will rather have a humble 'unmodernised', simple leader than a corrupt, greedy, arrogant, idiot as leader.

Ibori wants to modernise.................'' he bought privates''... grin grin grin

So because I dislike what he did in that pic, I must support the extreme opposite?
Now listen, do you know what it means to have a unmodernised leader? Just ask the poor almajiri everywhere.
The refusal of their leaders to modernize infrastructure,social and physical brought them where they are.
Me too would like to have a humble , modernized simple leader than greedy, corrupt idiots. We just disagree on what modernity, dignity mean. I am correct judging by the remains of the poor people he so well represented.
Btw, I do not agree he was an exceptional leader.
Re: SIMPLICITY AND HUMILITY! (pic Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa On Annual Leave In 1963) by MrFire: 4:45pm On May 11, 2012
What is humble about being dirty?
Re: SIMPLICITY AND HUMILITY! (pic Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa On Annual Leave In 1963) by amosy007: 4:46pm On May 11, 2012
nchewi: Typically, the Ibos are industrious and adventurous. the Hausas are straight-forward and simple and the Yorubas are progressive and respectful. All of them are proud of their tribe and heritage. Imagine combining this qualities together!! Nigeria would have been where it ought to be! Plzzz don't curse the memory we have of our pioneer leaders!! Stop d blame-game!! Am 4rm d south-south.. But for this Boko wahala, my choice location is somewhere up north!!!
lmao at the bolded. Can I have a little of what you are smoking?
Re: SIMPLICITY AND HUMILITY! (pic Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa On Annual Leave In 1963) by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 11, 2012
obo_man: Mahatma Gandhi, one of the greatest the world has even seen wore only white ropes, shorts and slippers everywhere he went.

He wore the same outfit on his visit to England. Would you still class him as ignorant and lacking good hygiene? He traded his suits and shoes for those outfit meant for paupers in India.

Substituting shoes for slippers could be poor hygiene, but substituting a life of affluence and comfort for simplicity in order to represent your people is priceless...

That is the true beauty of leadership.
I agree
But tafawa balewa should not in any way be compared to Ghandhi
Re: SIMPLICITY AND HUMILITY! (pic Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa On Annual Leave In 1963) by Iwerebor(m): 4:58pm On May 11, 2012
What can be more "down to Earth" than a BIG MAN sitting on the floor?
Re: SIMPLICITY AND HUMILITY! (pic Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa On Annual Leave In 1963) by kenogy: 5:13pm On May 11, 2012
what else did u expect from a man of his origin.. spend his vacation in a 5 star hotel? pls dont confuse sitting on d floor with humility.. the men responsible for d demise of dis nation still sit on d floor not on thrones.
Re: SIMPLICITY AND HUMILITY! (pic Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa On Annual Leave In 1963) by skullbaba: 5:22pm On May 11, 2012
I believe he is humble and mind you 90percent of you are not yet born whe that pics is taken. before 1980 most northerners believe in sitting on the mat as a sign of humility and remember it is their culture. And mostly we southerners i mean yoruba and igbo taught these fraud ,robbery, fornication and many social vices

1 Like

Re: SIMPLICITY AND HUMILITY! (pic Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa On Annual Leave In 1963) by infogenius(m): 5:25pm On May 11, 2012
BIGER BOY: The only person I can compare to this guy in the current north is buhari.... I don't care from where a leader is if only they could exhibit half of this humility.... Just imagine what Nigeria would be globally if a leader like this would be at the helm! All the trillions stolen daily would have been put to good use.
Forget that thing. May be his eyes were not that opened.If he was in a Nigeria of today only God can tell what he would do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Many Of You Still Remember Our Beautiful And Wonderful Coin / PHOTO: Osinbajo Gifts Amina Mohammed A Nigerian Flag / Makinde Compensates Owners Of Shot Cows, Foots Medical Of Injured Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.