Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Can You Decode This? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Decode This? (1383 Views)

How To Decode A Person Possessed With Marine Spirit. / If Someone Wrote A Book To Decode The Bible Do You Think The Lord Will Like It / I, Pet Goat II- Can You Decode This? (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Decode This? by Origin(f): 11:04am On Nov 14, 2007
Please can someone decipher this:
I saw this slogan on a bill board as i was passing by; it read:
" Jesus,
Definitely God,
Definitely Good, "
Please are we being introduced to Jesus as no longer the son of God but now god himself.
Re: Can You Decode This? by pilgrim1(f): 12:11pm On Nov 14, 2007
Origin:

" Jesus,
Definitely God,
Definitely Good, "
Please are we being introduced to Jesus as no longer the son of God but now g[/b]od himself.

Hi @Origin,

Nobody is trying to 'introduce' Jesus as [b]G[/b]od - He has always been [b]G[/b]od, and that is what He has always revealed of Himself in Scripture:

[b]Isaiah 9:6
-- For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Zechariah 12:10 -- And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

John 1:1 -- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Revelation 19:13 -- And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
Re: Can You Decode This? by Origin(f): 2:44pm On Nov 14, 2007
Then what does
"and he sent his only begotten son,"
mean.
Who sent who?
Or was it God sending himself ?
And who ran the whole show while "god" was on the cross?
"Father why hath though forsaken me " - was that God chatting to himself?
Re: Can You Decode This? by IDINRETE: 2:56pm On Nov 14, 2007
Origin:

Then what does
mean.
Who sent who?

Origin becareful o
it is: me me me why has thou forsaken me
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can You Decode This? by Origin(f): 3:40pm On Nov 14, 2007
@ IDINRETE
U'RE NOT HELPING MATTERS AT ALL
I'M REALLY TRYING TO UNDERSTAND THIS
Re: Can You Decode This? by pilgrim1(f): 4:08pm On Nov 14, 2007
@Origin,

Origin:

Then what does
mean.
Who sent who?

Origin:

@ IDINRETE
You'RE NOT HELPING MATTERS AT ALL

Lol. . . you have well demonstrated that you're not willing to understand anything - and that is why it's not surprising that your turn-about idiosyncrasies have only invited the jokes served by IDINRETE. Do enjoy it while it lasts.
Re: Can You Decode This? by tomX1(m): 4:29pm On Nov 14, 2007
The concept of Christ being the son of God and at the same time God is called the trinity.
As stated in the Book of John

John 1:1-4
1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

v70k96sd
John 1:1-4
1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

John 1:14-15

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
KJV

KJV

The "Word" in the passage above is the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the Son of God and He is God (God the son in the blessed trinity). You will have to look beyond the physicsl restraints that nagates the possibility of a human being being one with his father to understand the Trinity. God is a Spirit being and is not hamppered by human restraints.
Re: Can You Decode This? by IDINRETE: 4:46pm On Nov 14, 2007
Origin:

@ IDINRETE
You'RE NOT HELPING MATTERS AT ALL

what are you trying to understand? it is very easy, jesus was god, so he shouted me me me why has thou forskaen me,
what is so difficult there? unless he was not god.
Re: Can You Decode This? by janami(f): 8:51pm On Nov 14, 2007
it is the law of trinity. God the father, God the son and God the Holy spirit. God is truine
Re: Can You Decode This? by tayo4me(f): 11:14pm On Nov 14, 2007
this has just confirmed that christians are really confused. u pple cannot even explain and answer a simple question.

how can God send his son to this world, and the son will still be god?

dat is y one of u is finding it difficult to understand ur so-called trinity. dere r so many pple like her out dere.

O ma she oh!!!!!!!!!
Re: Can You Decode This? by janami(f): 6:33am On Nov 15, 2007
tayo4me:

this has just confirmed that christians are really confused. u people cannot even explain and answer a simple question.

how can God send his son to this world, and the son will still be god?

that is y one of u is finding it difficult to understand your so-called trinity. dere r so many people like her out dere.

O ma she oh!!!!!!!!!

u beta dnt say things u dnt ve an understanding of. for one, the poster is right to ask. dt is why there is a forum. the truine nature of God is like man defined. man is a spirit, that lives in a body which has a soul. decode that
Re: Can You Decode This? by Origin(f): 11:16am On Nov 15, 2007
@tomX
That verse John1:1 is believed to be not part of the bible.
but occasionally do u lie down sometime and think on what you just quoted.
I mean Jesus himself said " Hear O Israel thy lord thy God is One God"
How do you interprete that.
@tomX:

The "Word" in the passage above is the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the Son of God and He is God (God the son in the blessed trinity). You will have to look beyond the physicsl restraints that nagates the possibility of a human being being one with his father to understand the Trinity. God is a Spirit being and is not hamppered by human restraints.

I beg sir try and speak english
Re: Can You Decode This? by pilgrim1(f): 3:07pm On Nov 15, 2007
@Origin,

Origin:

@tomX
That verse John1:1 is believed to be not part of the bible.
but occasionally do u lie down sometime and think on what you just quoted.
I mean Jesus himself said " Hear O Israel thy lord thy God is One God"
How do you interprete that.I beg sir try and speak english

Where did you get the notion that John 1:1 was not a part of the Bible? It is easy to allege and deny any part of the Bible that best suits anybody's whims; but perhaps you could go one step and do share as to what you can verify is the Bible.
Re: Can You Decode This? by cgift(m): 8:29pm On Nov 15, 2007
All I will advice you the poster is that you should pray sincerely to God in your heart that you want to know Him. He will reveal himself to you. You try to take academic reasoning into the scriptures. Christianity is not Islam. The way you read and understand the quran is not the same way the bible flows.

The bible is spiritual thats why God himself can reveal it to you. It is not a literal book like the quran. I can start from now till tomorrow to explain but you will always have stumbling blocks from my contributions because thwey do not follow natural logic.
Re: Can You Decode This? by Dalby(m): 10:56am On Nov 19, 2007
Nigerians, and hypocrisy

You believe that Christ is GOD, so all the verses that supports that notion you take while those that do not you dust under the carpet.

The one thing that I know is that the truth is one
cgift:

You try to take academic reasoning into the scriptures. Christianity is not Islam. The way you read and understand the quran is not the same way the bible flows.

Why are you guys like this . Have you read the Quran, truthfully?
Remove the log from your eyes before you remove the moth from somebody else's eyes
It is statements like these that provoke the Muslims, later you will say they are a very violent lot.
Re: Can You Decode This? by IDINRETE: 6:19pm On Nov 20, 2007
Dalby:

Nigerians, and hypocrisy

You believe that Christ is GOD, so all the verses that supports that notion you take while those that do not you dust under the carpet.

The one thing that I know is that the truth is one
Why are you guys like this . Have you read the Quran, truthfully?
Remove the log from your eyes before you remove the moth from somebody else's eyes
It is statements like these that provoke the Muslims, later you will say they are a very violent lot.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

'iru iro ni iborun'
Re: Can You Decode This? by tomX1(m): 7:01pm On Nov 20, 2007
Christians believe in the Blessed Trinity and we are not confused about it. If you do not have christian faith then there is no point trying to reason your way around it with logic. The explanations any one will give you on the Trinity will only take root in the heart that has faith.
You can not reason it out anymore than you can reason out the origin of God or how he made the universe with his words. You believe or you don't. You are a Christian or you are not.

@Origin,
What did you find in your own John 1:1?
Re: Can You Decode This? by dafidixone(m): 12:58pm On Nov 21, 2007
Is there anything God cannot do?

He is three in one. Father that Created Man and the Universe in the begining, He is the Jesus that came in the form of man that was killed, He is the Spirit that leaves in side the beleivers today.

You may not get the Mystery because it is hidden from Unbeleivers.
Re: Can You Decode This? by coold(m): 3:15pm On Nov 21, 2007
hello landers,
i read all posts with great intent and i can really appreciate origin's concerns about understanding the concept of the trinity. as someone mentioned, these things are hidden from the natural man but are spiritually discerned. if you are born again, simply ask the holy spirit to help you understand. Jesus said, "he(the Holy spirit) will teach you all things and remind you of things i have said"
i also want to add a little excerpt from myles munroe's book - the most impotant prson on earth - that i believe will shed more light on this issue.

ONE WITH GOD
Earlier we talked about the fact that Jesus is fully God, even though he is also fully human. God the son became Jesus of Nazareth for the purpose of his redemptive task in the world. His dual nature never diminshed His oneness and equality with the Father. The scripture says that Jesus, "being in the form of God , did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, but made himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men."- philippians 2:6-7

You don't need to grasp fro something that you already have. Jesus is equal with God, even though he is distinct in personality and function from God the Father and God the Spirit. The scripture tells us that Jesus was sent from the Father through the Spirit. the heavenly messenger told Mary, the mother of Jesus, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the most High will overshadow you. so the Holy one born will be called the Son of God." And Jesus spoke of his oneness with the Father, saying "I and the Father are one," and " if anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. my father will love him, and we will come tohim an make our home with him"

The word Father in relation to God doesn't mean father the way one is related to a human father, or in the sense of someone who is "greater" or "older". God is not "older" than Jesus Christ. Jesus is eternal, as God the Father is eternal. rather the word Father refers to God's being the source from which Jesus ws sent.

Likewise, the Holy Spirit is God, and he is equal to the Father and the Son. john wrote in his gospel, "God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth." Jesus spoke of the Spirit as "another counselor" who would continue his work on earth. so God is one, but expresses himself in three distinct personalities and dimensions.

Jesus told His disciples, "when the counselor comes, whom i will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, Both Jesus and the Spirit proceeded from the Father to accomplish the work that needed and still needs to be done on earth. Jesus was sent by the Father to redeemus; the Spirit was sent by Jesus to empower us. Jesus was sent to restore us; the Spirit was sent to release usinto a new kingdom life.

i like to describe the concept of the triune God by the analogy of water. water, in its liquid state is like God the Father; it is the natural source. if you were to take some water and freeze it, it would become solid ice. ice is like Jesus, the Word who became flesh; he was tangible, someone to be seen, heard and touched. if if you were to take the same ice, put it in a pot, and heat it to boiling, it would become steam. steam is like the Holy Spirit, the invisible influence that generates power. ice and steam can return to their original liquid state. all tree are in essnce water, although in different forms.

- The most important person on earth (p.192 - 194)
by Myles Munroe.

i know it's a bit lengthy but hope it helps.
Re: Can You Decode This? by toluxa1(m): 5:09pm On Dec 03, 2007
The truth is this. We can never understand the concept of the 'Trinity'. Not all the principls of God can we understand. The bible says, "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than yours.". If we continue to "try" to understand how God can be God , son, and holy spirit, we'll run mad and still not understand. We may come up with some human (inaccurate) ideas though. It's just like the fact that God has no beginnig and no end. We cant understand that. So let us just accept it like that [b][/b]because God said it is so. May God's will be done. I'll also like you to go to the below link to read the book "The end of the church age and after"

http://www.familyradio.com/graphical/literature/church/church_contents.html
Re: Can You Decode This? by Millena(m): 1:33am On Dec 25, 2007
@ Origin,
TomX has already told you what the trinity is. Spiritual things are not understood by human wisdom.
If you believe that man has a soul, spirit and flesh, then you have scaled the first hurdle in knowing the truine nature of God.
God was in heaven, and sent us Himself (Christ) in flesh to dwell amongst us, after which He left us with His holy spirit; another form of Himself after His conquest of sin which bound us to hell (the second death) that we inherited as sons of Adam by birth.
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Hence, God = The word = Christ.
This shows that Christ was God made manifest in flesh, dwelled amongst men to conquer sin and restore men in the sight of God. Since Adam (the 1st man) fell to sin (devil), the devil held man captive. It took the divine intervention of Christ in His glory to restore man. God had to come down in flesh to man, to conquer sin.
This is hard to decipher unless God through His holy spirt reveals the truth to you. That is why Christ has all authority in Him, and has the power to forgive sins. He said that if only you believe in Him and confess Him as the Lord, you will be saved.
He also left us with His spirit.
I know that if you thruthfully pray and seek God, asking Him to reveal Himself to you and have mercy upon you, He will redeem you and reveal Himself to you. Mat7:7 Ask and it shall be given, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto u.
Re: Can You Decode This? by Xvalier: 2:54am On Dec 25, 2007
Hi, where I whole heartedly believe in the Trinity because the Bible teaches it, I do not quite agree on the explanation given on why Trinity exists. You claim God sent Himself Jesus and now we have another form of Him now in the Holy Spirit.
How then do you explain Jesus' prayers, are you saying Jesus was praying to Himself each time He prayed, your explanation of Trinity supports the popular errorneous illustration that the Godhead can be likened to the same way water can exist in liquid, Ice block and vapour.

Jesus prayed to God the Father when he was on earth, a real personality different from Him, the planner of the redemption plan, Jesus executed the plan, but God the Father was the planner, a different personality from God the Son. As seen in the Garden just before He approached the cross, remember our Lord's Words 'not my will, but yours'
Also, when our Lord Jesus was departing the earth, refering to the Holy Spirit, He said He will send another Comforter, someone different from Him, but of the same kind, deity is in view here, God the Holy Spirit.

Hence, God is 3 persons in one, not one person in 3.

The Godhead is made up of 3 different personalities in 1.

The 3 are one in essence, but 3 different personalities.

Anytime the essence of God(Righteousness, Justice, Love, Veracity, Omnipotent, Omniscience, Omnipresence, Holiness) is in view , the Lord is said to be one, because they all share these divine attributes, but whenever individual roles are mentioned, they are distinct from each other.

This is TRINITY.
Re: Can You Decode This? by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 25, 2007
The trinity is not based or taught in the Bible. The New Encyclopedia Britannica, the New Catholic Encyclopedia and the Encyclopedia Americana and Dictionary of the Bible all verify that even the word for trinity is not in the Bible, but the idea of the trinity rose from controversy and developed over several centuries. The Nouveau Dictionnaire Unviersel says the trinity is merely a rearrangement of older trinities dating back to earlier people, and Plato's conception of the divine trinity can be found in all the ancient pagan religions.

A lot of people think the trinity is in the Bible because they misunderstand scriptures, and part of that can come from syntax errors. If you also looks at other things that the orginal Greek and Hebrew words could be translated to mean it makes a difference.

Besides if God, Jesus and the holy spirit were all one then why does the Bible keep referring to them separately? Why would Jesus refer to God as his father and vice ver sa would God call Jesus his son if they were the same person? The Bible does not contradict itself and it is actually logical if you do a little background research.  So if something seems to be contradictory that means there has probably been a misunderstanding on the part of the reader.

I can give you more information on this topic if you want, and can prove using the scriptures that the trinity is not Bible based.

O BTW I am a Christian, so the theory stated in this thread that all Christians believe in the trinity is inaccurate, so are a lot of other statements actually. The Bible was provided for us to learn and to understand what has happened in the past and what will happen in the future. It is not meant to be confusion and above our capablity to understand, and it is not. For those who truly want to learn and understand what the Bible says and are willing to accept explanations based on the scriptures themselves they experience a lot of joy because everything starts to make sense.
Re: Can You Decode This? by Aleksys: 4:35pm On Dec 25, 2007
If Jesus is God, then he would not have died because God will never die. Secondly, the bible is expressly clear about the fact that Jesus is the son of God and not equal to God. "Nobody can come to me except my father who is in heaven draws him" said Jesus. This statement was made by Jesus while on earth. That is to say Jesus was on earth and God his father is in the heavens. The idea of trinity was smuggled in to christian doctrine to give scriptural legitimacy to some idolatry traditions that permeates the then Roman empire. The Bible is not ambigous about the identity of God, Jesus and the holy spirit. And yes, somebody said the quoran is an ordinary book, that statement is uncharitable because if you read it you will discover that the thoughts therein are inspired. Do not condemn what you do not have knowledge of. The Bible encourage us to make sure of all things and hold fast to what is true.

1 Like

Re: Can You Decode This? by ajadrage: 6:50pm On Dec 25, 2007
Dear poster, if you can understand the principle that there are other gods, then you would understand the principle of Jesus Christ being God, but mind you, he is not and cannot and would never be the almighty Jehovah God. I would not want to delve into complicated rhetorics here as most members of this forum have shown an avowed leaning towards sentiments and fallacies but I would try and be as simple as I possibly can.

There is nothing like a trinity and do not be confused by that concept that was introduced (smuggled) into the christian faith by the very negative forces of creation that has sought albeit unsuccessfully to thwart the original purpose of the father. Jehovah God almighty is the father and he created Jesus Christ as a co worker in his scheme of things. Jesus Christ is subordinate to his father and is the second in command in the hierarchy of the realm of glory that Jehovah exists (what the lay man would call heaven). He has never claimed equality or any form of co-equal status with the father as the are two seperate entities.

Jesus Christ however, being the express creation and image of Jehovah can claim unity and oneness with the father as he is fully aware of the will of the father as he was the tool that was applied in the creation of all that there is. The holy spirit of Jehovah is not seperate from Jehovah and is not a God as most christian doctrines would want us to believe. The holy spirit is the active force that Jehovah uses to manifest his will. This usage of Jehovahs spirit by him is witnessed in many bible accounts. Jehovah did not physically part the Red sea for the Israelites to pass on solid ground, he applied his spirit. This spirit was also the force that facilitated the transformatin from godkind to mankind in the physical birth of Jesus Christ. The holy spirit is not a seperate entity from Jehovah, it is a force from Jehovah and is not a God but a force that emanates from Jehovah.

Sorry for digressing, now to your question. Yes, Jesus Christ is a God, and we as human beings, created in the image and likeness of the father are also referred to as gods. But that does not mean that we have a right to claim equality with the father as he is the one true and living almighty God. Over history, we have encountered many gods, e.g. Baal, Ashtoreth, Dagon, Olokun, Ogun etc. These guys were and still are worshipped as gods, but does that equate them with the almighty? Thus, in that perspective, understand the Godness of Jesus Christ, but understand that unlike other gods mentioned, Jesus has never and would never claim equality or superiority over his father unlike what other gods would or might want their adherents to do.

At creation, all things were made according to it's kind, the various beasts according to it's kind, and mankind according to the image and likeness of God. Yes, the first set of created beings even before the foundations of the earth were laid were Godkind and Jesus is one of them. . .

I hope this decoding is satisfactory, you might also want to see this too. . .
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=96415.msg1791296#msg1791296
Re: Can You Decode This? by mazaje(m): 1:09am On Dec 26, 2007
And yes, somebody said the quoran is an ordinary book, that statement is uncharitable because if you read it you will discover that the thoughts therein are inspired

I very much agree with this statement.

(1) (Reply)

The Seduction Of Christianity ::: Let's Discuss / Lagos State Shut Down One Of Nigeria Biggest Churches And Shuts Down Mosques / Living Faith Church Burnt Down By Muslim Youths In Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.