Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,021 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi (7837 Views)

Rev Adeyinka Adebiyi For Ondo Governor: What Is Wrong With This Photo? / Obasanjo, Tinubu Clash Over Ministerial Nominees: New telegraph / Obasanjo, Tinubu Not Yoruba Leaders – Afenifere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi by MrGlobe(m): 5:12pm On May 10, 2012
Bishop of Lagos-West Anglican Diocese, Rev. Peter Adebiyi, has lamented that 25 years after the death of the sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, the Yoruba nation is yet to agree on a true leader.

Adebiyi, who also solicited support for former President Olusegun Obasanjo and the National Leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) to lead the Yoruba, said the duo had the capacity.
Adebiyi made the declaration yesterday during the 25th Remebrance and Patronal Anniversary of the late sage, held at Our Saviour’s Anglican Church, Ikenne-Remo, Ogun State.

While lamenting the leadership vacuum in the region, Adebiyi said that the Yoruba nation had failed to be unanimous over who should lead them in the last 25 years, adding that political bitterness had overshadowed the welfare of the people.
The cleric noted that the Yoruba nation is still weak and lacks co-operation that could make it strong as the late sage left it then, while adding that other regions had been benefitting from the disunity among the Yoruba.

His words: “Politicians have ceased to see the good of the people and are now concerned with the politics of the stomach. The Yoruba nation is one big family. If a house is divided against itself, that house can never stand. Who shall we call upon to re-unite the Yoruba family? We have had 25years of wastage, back-biting, acrimony,bitterness and self-deceit. Even our natural (traditional) rulers have taken sides.

“There is nothing wrong for Yoruba political leaders to belong to different political parties. Why do we want to destabilize the Yoruba nation? Who shall we call upon to lead the Yoruba nation? Chief Olusegun Obasanjo is a formidable leader of the Yoruba. Asiwaju Bola Ahmend Tinubu can also lead the Yoruba nation. You may not agree with me,” he added.

While calling for unity among Yoruba leaders, he urged them to emulate Awolowo, “We need one another to make Yoruba a true nation. We must prepare for any eventuality that could happen in this country. Although I do not wish that Nigeria will disintegrate, if this happens and the Yoruba are still in disarray, then we are done for.” While eulogizing the late sage, Bishop Adebiyi recalled how he benefitted from the free education programme initiated by Awo. He said, “were it not for the free education programme of Awolowo then, I would not have been an educated person by now.”
http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2012/may/10/newsbreak-10-05-2012-001.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi by MrGlobe(m): 5:15pm On May 10, 2012
Choose you this day whom ye shall serve, Tunubu or Obasanjo says the bishop. And I disagree with the bishop entirely on everything he said about awolowo angry angry angry
Re: Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi by freesoul3(f): 11:54pm On May 10, 2012
imagine having to chose between obasanjo and tiefnubu
much like chosing between a black mamba cobra and a rattle snake

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi by Detongue: 12:12am On May 11, 2012
D 'devil' is a better choice
Re: Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi by MrGlobe(m): 8:15am On May 11, 2012
free_soul: imagine having to chose between obasanjo and tiefnubu
much like chosing between a black mamba cobra and a rattle snake
Lol..... I dont know who they will choose to lead them. Ironically those crooks are the best materials they can depend on. Imagine a bishop telling his people to choose between tunubu and obasanjo. This people go kill me oh

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 11, 2012
the bishop dey find contracts, nowadays men of God ehn, 8smh
Re: Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi by deshclones(m): 4:53pm On May 11, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Lol..... I dont know who they will choose to lead them. Ironically those crooks are the best materials they can depend on. Imagine a bishop telling his people to choose between tunubu and obasanjo. This people go kill me oh

bleeding yaribas would never cease to amaze me.....chai...obj and Tinubu.....guess its a question of choosing between bad and worst...lol grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi by owobokiri(m): 4:55pm On May 11, 2012
He should have added Tafa Balogun and Bode Goerge to the mix

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi by kaiter: 4:56pm On May 11, 2012
Imagine a bishop telling his people to choose between tunubu and obasanjo. This people go kill me oh[img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi by OAM4J: 4:57pm On May 11, 2012
owobokiri: He should have added Tafa Balogun and Bode Goerge to the mix

ROTFLMAO grin grin

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi by amosy007: 5:00pm On May 11, 2012
Tinubu or obasanjo ke?....the man must be joking

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi by Azcreativ(m): 5:01pm On May 11, 2012
Truly the Yoruba nation needs a leader and the duo are Yorubas, you should be of less concern if you are not a Yoruba-man.
Re: Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi by Musiwa51: 5:03pm On May 11, 2012
there is an issue of generation gap and generation divide and different between Obasanjo/tinubu generation and Our generation.

What we want , is not what they want.

less than 10% of Yorubas are above the age of 60 of tinubu or obasanjo. So what the generation above 60 want , is different from our generation. We are majority.

Are you saying balewa from his gravel is the one telling northerners youth to bomb up things. the answer is no.
The generation of Obasanjo/tinubu is over in leadership. you can see Obama was 40, look around the world the age of president. they are 40 some’s years. because it is an issue of generation and leadership

If you look at the last election in the Western Niger.. You will notice.. one thing in common.. Which is my name.. Why, it is because of generation gap and generation divide.. take example kogi state election. The PDP field a deputy governor who is my junior in school brother, the ACN field my classmate cousin, the ANPP field my friend cousin. Why generation gap and generation Divide.

Even to tell you. the governors of all of this state know my name.. why generation divide.

Even fashola is having trouble with doctors because he shout tinubu when majority of Yorubas dont want tinubu . that is why he has problem . tinubu knows that, that why he refuse to run for presdient and put atiku and ribadu on two election. He weight his chances.. and he was smart in taken his decision. you can see Obasanjo loss his polling booth too. You can see them beat up ACN in Ondo state.. because there is generation gap and generation divide..

You have to understand there is a generation gap and generation divide involve. how many Obasanjo or tinubu generation are in the army . Answer None. They have all retired..

Nation of people most know how to flow with generation.. this is why the west have alway done so. The word of God says there is a time for everything

There is a Generation divide.. And that why the youth of Nigeria are fighting so that Nobody use their own time and come and say or impose themselves or someone on our time.. You can see them bomb everywhere, they are tired.

To show you what I mean, with only a phone call, I can call off the doctors strike in Nigeria. Why?? Because this is our time and there is a generation gap and generation divide. this is where the issue is..

And with only one phone call, I can also knock off a governor or overthrow the govt and make governors jobless Why? generation gap and generation divide

their time is over, nation are breeding new generation for tomorrow, we should not be going back to yesterday. .

In africa we most learn from the west how to switch generation. Greed is the reason why people do that in africa.

Awolowo became the head of govt at a young age because the older generation respected themselves and they went to call Awolowo and the egbe Omo oduduwa from london to take over leadership. Even why they could have put themselves there. Why?? Because that older generation respected themselves in awolowo time , respected themselves and were not too greed.

This is the university Awolowo built, why, because even the word of God says old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions. That means young men should lead. Why? Because a young man can run faster than an Old man.
The word of God says, there is a time for everything and a season for all things.

God knows more than men. We most learn a lesson from north youth, the army will overthrow them if we dont correct the issue of satellite pictures..

Ecclesiastes 3

A Time for Everything

1There is a time for everything,

and a season for every activity under heaven:

2a time to be born and a time to die,

a time to plant and a time to uproot,

3a time to kill and a time to heal,

a time to tear down and a time to build,

4a time to weep and a time to laugh,

a time to mourn and a time to dance,

5a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,

a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

6a time to search and a time to give up,

a time to keep and a time to throw away,

7a time to tear and a time to mend,

a time to be silent and a time to speak,

8a time to love and a time to hate,

a time for war and a time for peace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVY1dLJ0EBs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kef6KeXDLgg&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7xSGm4StY4

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi by damoobaba: 5:13pm On May 11, 2012
Kai,yoruba race standing between the devil and the red sea.If these are the best leader materials we have amongst us,then we are in deep shit.
Re: Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi by lagcity(m): 5:25pm On May 11, 2012
OBJ and Tinubu are great choices. They are courageous and pragmatic leaders who have been tested and are not afraid of getting dirty. These two guys have seen it all, so nothing can shake them. But I prefer Tinubu because he is desperately trying to be another Awo, and that's one hell of a motivation for him. OBJ doesn't look up to nobody, so where's the motivation to be great? undecided
Re: Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi by lagcity(m): 5:25pm On May 11, 2012
damoobaba: Kai,yoruba race standing between the devil and the red sea.If these are the best leader materials we have amongst us,then we are in deep shit.

Abeg keep quiet. Are u clean yourself?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi by lagcity(m): 5:36pm On May 11, 2012
[size=16pt] Say whatever you want, everyone takes Tinubu seriously because he's a tested fighter. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi by lagcity(m): 5:43pm On May 11, 2012
[size=16pt] "I am Tinubu and that Jonaboy is gonna come beg me in Ikeja, just watch. Jona is a good boy, he knows his master. This trial is a joke and I am relaxing and having fun in the court. No shaking. "[/size]grin grin grin grin

Re: Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi by obongoboy: 5:53pm On May 11, 2012
for mentioning obj and ole tinubu.....that bishop should be stoned obasanjo that sold the whole airport to himself and tinubu that stole and milked lagos state dry....if the Yorubas are confused let them come and pick me i am from niger delta. IF ONLY THIS TWO IS WHAT THEY GOT THEN Yoruba RACE IS FINISHED...CAPUT.
Re: Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi by Musiwa51: 5:58pm On May 11, 2012
You post picture of tinubu when he was young, He is old now.. Why do you think tinubu did not run in 2011, because he knows his chances at the poll. He did not want to be disgraces..

In life, you have to be smart..

everybody is getting old.. wake up my friend..

the average age of president around the world is 40 something.. generation gap and generation divide

everybody is getting old.

[img]http://nationalmirroronline.net/thumbnail.php?file=/yoruba_347701188.jpg&size=article_large[/img]

Re: Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi by Musiwa51: 6:24pm On May 11, 2012
I know to hold the nation together and lifes of over 200 million depend on me, that why I wrote ban kim moo , Obama and some members of the USA congress and others.

Yar'Adua died on 5 May , Ban kim moon of the united nation visit Benin republic on June 12 same year, that should tell you, I am trying..
Re: Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi by SNCOQ3(m): 6:28pm On May 11, 2012
Wetin concern reverend with ethnic politics??
Re: Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi by obongoboy: 6:55pm On May 11, 2012
OBANSANJO to rule the Yorubas....10% tinubu to rule the Yorubas 13%

Re: Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi by khrisponty(m): 7:00pm On May 11, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Bishop of Lagos-West Anglican Diocese, Rev. Peter Adebiyi, has lamented that 25 years after the death of the sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, the Yoruba nation is yet to agree on a true leader.

Adebiyi, who also solicited support for former President Olusegun Obasanjo and the National Leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) to lead the Yoruba, said the duo had the capacity.
Adebiyi made the declaration yesterday during the 25th Remebrance and Patronal Anniversary of the late sage, held at Our Saviour’s Anglican Church, Ikenne-Remo, Ogun State.

While lamenting the leadership vacuum in the region, Adebiyi said that the Yoruba nation had failed to be unanimous over who should lead them in the last 25 years, adding that political bitterness had overshadowed the welfare of the people.
The cleric noted that the Yoruba nation is still weak and lacks co-operation that could make it strong as the late sage left it then, while adding that other regions had been benefitting from the disunity among the Yoruba.

His words: “Politicians have ceased to see the good of the people and are now concerned with the politics of the stomach. The Yoruba nation is one big family. If a house is divided against itself, that house can never stand. Who shall we call upon to re-unite the Yoruba family? We have had 25years of wastage, back-biting, acrimony,bitterness and self-deceit. Even our natural (traditional) rulers have taken sides.

“There is nothing wrong for Yoruba political leaders to belong to different political parties. Why do we want to destabilize the Yoruba nation? Who shall we call upon to lead the Yoruba nation? Chief Olusegun Obasanjo is a formidable leader of the Yoruba. Asiwaju Bola Ahmend Tinubu can also lead the Yoruba nation. You may not agree with me,” he added.

While calling for unity among Yoruba leaders, he urged them to emulate Awolowo, “We need one another to make Yoruba a true nation. We must prepare for any eventuality that could happen in this country. Although I do not wish that Nigeria will disintegrate, if this happens and the Yoruba are still in disarray, then we are done for.” While eulogizing the late sage, Bishop Adebiyi recalled how he benefitted from the free education programme initiated by Awo. He said, “were it not for the free education programme of Awolowo then, I would not have been an educated person by now.”
http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2012/may/10/newsbreak-10-05-2012-001.html

'The youths are the future' anybody rem this quote? Ofcourse, bt 25years on this earth, our grandfathers r still struggln for power by any means necessary n our religious leaders r still suggesting they become our leaders. #Franchised Christianity. Oga Bishop clap for yourself welldone

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi by Aladinn(m): 7:12pm On May 11, 2012
SNCOQ3: Wetin concern reverend with ethnic politics??
Wetin concern Rev. Martin Luther king with the state of American nation?
Re: Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi by akigbemaru: 7:50pm On May 11, 2012
Tinubu represents both de facto and dejurine Leader of Yoruba nation. Obasanjo is a vagabond and omoale can not lead omo-oko the true son of the land.

Even in Obasanjo's dream, he can never parallel or becloud Awo's indispensable achievement. Started from free education policy, this was a catalyst that propels Yoruba race to what we are today and we continue to be a pace-setter in Africa and beyond through our culture, religion and life styles. I got to America and I see no different between white men and I. George Washington had the power to become a king, he just jettisoned such idea and embraced democracy, this goes a long way to show how simple wise decision can have urge positive impact on human race.
As far as all I cared, even if Obolagido-sanjo rules Nigeria three times, that won't still enough to equal Sage Awolowo.
Every Obasanjo's policy towards Yoruba race from his military to civilian regimes shows that he is our number one enemy of progress. That makes the rumors of him a vagabond and a carpet-grabber from East born by a Ibo foot soldier become true. Evident, from his civilian rule that I know off, I may not have been born during his military days, he put everything from advisers to heads of government agencies as Ibo people e.g. CBN-Soludo (that's a smart banker no doubt), Stock Exchange- Yeye Okereke, NAFDAC- Madam rebrand Biafra e.t.c.
Obolagido-sanjo, he knew Yoruba race power and prosperity center around Lagos State, he viciously tried but failed to cripple Lagos economy by holding up to a year in workers' salaries --- people that live on meager and got families to feed and rent to pay. This is when mini-Awo a.k.a. Tinubu Oju-yobo stepped into Awo's shoes and borrowed money from oversea to pay Lagos workers for full year. If Obosanjo was really a Yoruba man, because I know the tribal marks he had can't fool me, he won't hold the economy of his fatherland to ransom just because he had a beef with its ruling party. It's funny though, if Tinubu does not want to be a Yoruba national leader today, Colonel Marwa, the Yoruba adopted son will have larger appealing traits in Yoruba land than Obosanjo, because his prolific stints during his military era on Yoruba soil as shown us that you don't have to be a Yoruba man to have us at heart!

Like sage Awo says: charity begins at home and I hold my 100 percent allegiance to the coarse of Yoruba race, Obosanjo, I bet you won't say that. If you want to be a nationalist, why can't you be living in Abuja or Anambra? You know THE BEST protects come from your people that is why you are back in Otta farm. This is not just Obosanjo traits, it's evident in all Naija leaders.

Sage Awo RIP, if you would have run Yoruba land the way Obosanjo ran it between 1999 to 2007, we would have nothing to show as of today as Yoruba race!!!
Re: Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi by lordpsyko: 7:53pm On May 11, 2012
[quote author=obongoboy]for mentioning obj and ole tinubu.....that bishop should be stoned obasanjo that sold the whole airport to himself and tinubu that stole and milked lagos state dry....if the Yorubas are confused let them come and pick me i am from niger delta. IF ONLY THIS TWO IS WHAT THEY GOT THEN Yoruba RACE IS FINISHED...CAPUT.

Shut up ur stinking mouth! NigerDelta my foot. You should have suggest Edwin Clark instead, the ugliest politician to have ever grase the face of the earth!!.
Re: Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi by MrGlobe(m): 8:23pm On May 11, 2012
akigbemaru:
Every Obasanjo's policy towards Yoruba race from his military to civilian regimes shows that he is our number one enemy of progress. That makes the rumors of him a vagabond and a carpet-grabber from East born by a Ibo foot soldier become true. Evident, from his civilian rule that I know off, I may not have been born during his military days, he put everything from advisers to heads of government agencies as Ibo people e.g. CBN-Soludo (that's a smart banker no doubt), Stock Exchange- Yeye Okereke, NAFDAC- Madam rebrand Biafra e.t.c.
Obolagido-sanjo, he knew Yoruba race power and prosperity center around Lagos State, he viciously tried but failed to cripple Lagos economy by holding up to a year in workers' salaries --- people that live on meager and got families to feed and rent to pay. This is when mini-Awo a.k.a. Tinubu Oju-yobo stepped into Awo's shoes and borrowed money from oversea to pay Lagos workers for full year. If Obosanjo was really a Yoruba man, because I know the tribal marks he had can't fool me, he won't hold the economy of his fatherland to ransom just because he had a beef with its ruling party. It's funny though, if Tinubu does not want to be a Yoruba national leader today, Colonel Marwa, the Yoruba adopted son will have larger appealing traits in Yoruba land than Obosanjo, because his prolific stints during his military era on Yoruba soil as shown us that you don't have to be a Yoruba man to have us at heart!

Obosanjo ran it between 1999 to 2007, we would have nothing to show as of today as Yoruba race!!!
Blah, blah, blah. Talking poo. Obasanjo is not igbo. He has no igbo blood in his body!! He is 101% yeruba. We denounce him. He called competent hands from igboland to help him because thats the best he could get in the country. Dont disown him. He is a typical yerubaman. Keep overrating awolowo the tribalist who is among those that made Nigeria the poo that it is today. When the history books of Nigeria is written i will see if awolowo or whatever his name is can match obj
Re: Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 11, 2012
Re: Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi by deb(m): 8:36pm On May 11, 2012
Two thieves can't lead us
Re: Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi by SNCOQ3(m): 8:53pm On May 11, 2012
Aladinn:

SNCOQ3:
Wetin concern reverend with ethnic politics??
Wetin concern Rev. Martin Luther king with the state of American nation?

Rev. Martin Luther king was an unbigoted activist who fought against injustice meted on blacks. Justice is a cardinal virtue - the first virtue of social institutions which transcends race, color, creed...that is why even the whites celebrate MLK not Malcome X. Please don't get me wrong, Its a sacred duty of every christian to promote Holiness, Justice and Love in a society...so where do i place Rev. Peter Adebiyi's ethnocentric proposal??
Re: Obasanjo, Tinubu can lead Yoruba –Bishop Adebiyi by DaLover(m): 9:25pm On May 11, 2012
OBJ is already on record as one of the ugliest person to ever lead a set of people since the beginning of Time, combining this with Tinubu is asking for mega watts of disaster!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTOS Of The N400million Mezedes Benz Buhari Turn Down / Aisha Buhari Travelling To US With Diplomatic Passport / Buhari’s Ministers: Return Of Yesterday’s Men For Today’s Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.