Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Hacked By Godzilla - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Hacked By Godzilla (1480 Views)

Kano University Of Science & Technology Hacked By Hackingthunder / I Think My Yahoomail Has Been Hacked By A N/l Member: / Hitv Hacked By Madhacker :d (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hacked By Godzilla by snugle: 2:42pm On Nov 14, 2007
Any webpage i open shows Hacked by Godzilla. now is that a virus?
Re: Hacked By Godzilla by inze(m): 3:53pm On Nov 14, 2007
Wow,

Thats a hell of a big one, i think you sys is the one that's been hacked, try using a good antivirus that has spyware protection to scan ur sys.

That might help, Probably, Norton can get it fixed, its a good one

I n z e
Re: Hacked By Godzilla by dekin(m): 5:20pm On Nov 14, 2007
shit to norton go for kaspersky
Re: Hacked By Godzilla by Ralvy(m): 5:22pm On Nov 15, 2007
OH! its no bad virus. . . .just some little' spyware infection. . .
Run a good virus scan with Kapersky Internet Security (Recommended) and that'll handle the spyware issue. .
But for the Internet explorer title, You''ll have to manually correct that. . .

I would put together a registry value that will take care of that later, cz I'm on Linux nw! wink
But if u wan mess with the Registry cheesy . .

Type 'regedt32' in the run box from the start menu, Navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> Microsoft -> Internet Explorer -> Main!

After clicking on Main, look at the second box on d right. . . Check for Window Title, Open it and change it to whatever you want, if u like put, Snugle grin

If u dont find it, create a New String by right clicking and select New -> String Value.
Name it "Window Title", exactly the way I have typed it.
Re: Hacked By Godzilla by Ralvy(m): 5:52pm On Nov 15, 2007
Or. . . Click here to download Hijack this. . Run it and paste the log file created here, I'll diagnose it and get back to u stating which file(s) u should treat. .

It's most likely a spyware on your system.

Then. .Concerning the Window Title. . Cut and paste the following text into a notepad doc. and save it as 1.reg.
Then execute it and patch it with the registry! Restart IE and It'll be k. . . (it'll change the name to Snugle) tongue

Here's the Text to Copy:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
"Window Title"="Snugle"
Re: Hacked By Godzilla by snugle: 9:13am On Nov 21, 2007
How do i get the kERPESKY Internet Security?

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Good Offline LAN Chat Application / Luminous Batteries & Inverters / I Need Help With My Laptop Connection To The Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.