Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Pls I Need Help Connecting Etisalat Easyblaze Modem To My PS3 - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Pls I Need Help Connecting Etisalat Easyblaze Modem To My PS3 (8049 Views)

Should I Jailbreak My Ps3. Gamelords Only / Is There Anyway. I Can Download Ps3 Games From My Laptop And Send Them To My Ps3 / Please: I Need Help Connecting My Ps3 With Multilinks Blue Broadband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need Help Connecting Etisalat Easyblaze Modem To My PS3 by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 11, 2012
Please i need instructions on how to connect Etisalat easyblaze to my PS3 to enable me play games online..please..any help whatsoever will be highly appreciated
Re: Pls I Need Help Connecting Etisalat Easyblaze Modem To My PS3 by ritchboy(m): 11:01pm On May 11, 2012
For starters, get a standard Cat5 or Cat6 network/LAN/ethernet cable(if you don't already have one), it's a dirt-cheap(basically one dollar) alternative to a wireless router(if you don't own/plan on getting one). What OS do you use?
Re: Pls I Need Help Connecting Etisalat Easyblaze Modem To My PS3 by Infoseye(m): 11:38pm On May 13, 2012
Mart d dart: Please i need instructions on how to connect Etisalat easyblaze to my PS3 to enable me play games online..please..any help whatsoever will be highly appreciated

What etisalat device did you buy? 3G usb modem or the wireless router?
Re: Pls I Need Help Connecting Etisalat Easyblaze Modem To My PS3 by Grizz: 8:38pm On May 14, 2012
Can't he just set up a wifi hotspot and connect wirelessly?
Re: Pls I Need Help Connecting Etisalat Easyblaze Modem To My PS3 by OtunbaGm: 11:13am On May 15, 2012
How do I share my internet connection on my PC running windows vista basic with my PS3 for online games

Note I am using glo 3G pro modem(usb)
Re: Pls I Need Help Connecting Etisalat Easyblaze Modem To My PS3 by Grizz: 7:25pm On May 15, 2012
Its a whole long process, and i'm not sure GLO is fast enough to game online. Anyone?
Re: Pls I Need Help Connecting Etisalat Easyblaze Modem To My PS3 by ritchboy(m): 10:55pm On May 16, 2012
OtunbaGm: How do I share my internet connection on my PC running windows vista basic with my PS3 for online games

Note I am using glo 3G pro modem(usb)

1. On your PC open up Network and Sharing center, click on change adapter settings. Then right click on Local area connection and click Properties from the list.

2. When LAN properties window opens up find Internet Protocol Version 4(aka IPV4) from the list and then click on it to highlight and then click on the Properties button.

3. On the Internet Protocol properties window, mark use the following IP adress and then you will be able to fill in the three fields below.

4. Input the IP as 192.168.1.1, the Subnet mask will fill itself out to 255.255.255.0 and put Default gateway as 1.1.1.1. At the bottom, mark Use the following DNS adresses and put in 2.2.2.4. Then click OK and click close on the Lan properties window.

5. On your PS3 XMB go to Network settings and then to Internet Connection Settings. Choose Custom setting, wired connection, Auto-Detect and then on the IP Address Setting choose Manual. Then enter the following:

IP address 192.168.1.2
Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Default Router 1.1.1.1
Primary DNS 2.2.2.4

Then keep pressing right on the D-pad until it says press X to save settings.

6. Now go back to your PC, go to Network and Sharing Center, click on change adapter settings on the left pane.

7. Right click on ur internet connection(Glo), select properties. Click on the sharing tab, select "allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection". Under "home networking connection", select "local area connection"(your primary ethernet port by default), confirm and disconnect/reconnect if you were already online.

8. Now connect your console to your PC using a Cat5/6 network cable, Wait for connection to be established.

9. Enjoy

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Help Connecting Etisalat Easyblaze Modem To My PS3 by OtunbaGm: 8:04am On May 17, 2012
Thanks a bunch Ritchboy, I really appreciate your detailed step by step guide.

Rite now I don't have cat5 ethernet cable but I will go and buy it later today. But if you don't mind can't I connet wirelessly making my computer as a hotspot/router?

I know of this one day a guy bought ticket in a cafe and he shared the connection with his friends but what I am not totally sure of is maybe it is iphone or laptop he was using for the sharing.

I will appreciate guide on how to do it with my PC
Re: Pls I Need Help Connecting Etisalat Easyblaze Modem To My PS3 by ritchboy(m): 12:40am On May 18, 2012
Unfortunately PS3s don't support wireless adhoc networks, which is the type of network Windows creates.

Though you can use it for your other wi-fi devices. The process(steps 6 and 7) is the same as it is for wired networks, except you select "Wireless Network Connection" instead of "Local Area Connection" from the menu in step 7. That's what I use for my iPad sometimes, usually when I'm mobile with no hotspot in sight. cheesy

I've also heard of some softwares that emulate wi-fi hotspots on Windows(as opposed to ICS/ad-hoc) which would theoretically make it possible for you to actually get online wirelessly on ur PS3 via ur PC.

I remember downloading an app called Connectify that was supposed to have that functionality. Didn't install it though cos I never had the need for it.
Re: Pls I Need Help Connecting Etisalat Easyblaze Modem To My PS3 by Grizz: 9:05am On May 18, 2012
Connectify worked for me. Download it, install and follow ritchboy's instructions. But on the sharing tab, instead of selecting "local area connection", select wireless LAN 2 instead.

@Ritchboy I used another one called MyFi or MiFi or something for my android. Should work too, you should maybe check that out.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Help Connecting Etisalat Easyblaze Modem To My PS3 by ritchboy(m): 1:01pm On May 18, 2012
@OtunbaGm

I also forgot to add that as you obviously won't be connecting a Cat5 cable to your other devices for the wireless method, you'd have to create a wireless network on your PC by:

A. Turn on the wireless radio on your PC, go to Network and Sharing Center, click on "set up a new connection or network".

B. Scroll to the bottom and select "set up a wireless ad hoc network", then click next.

C. (i) Enter a network name i.e "I don't own a router" cheesy
(ii) Security Type: None. It only works for devices in a 30-foot radius so you don't need to worry about hackers or people stealing your bandwidth, unless maybe you have evil neighbours with invisibility cloaks. cheesy
(iii) Check "save this network", confirm.

D. Now you can connect your other wi-fi devices assuming you've already completed steps 6 and 7 from the previous post.
Re: Pls I Need Help Connecting Etisalat Easyblaze Modem To My PS3 by ritchboy(m): 1:18pm On May 18, 2012
Grizz: Connectify worked for me. Download it, install and follow ritchboy's instructions. But on the sharing tab, instead of selecting "local area connection", select wireless LAN 2 instead.

You got your PS3 to connect to your PC's wi-fi with Connectify? Sweet, maybe I'll download it again and try it out, just for the fun of it!

I used another one called MyFi or MiFi or something for my android. Should work too, you should maybe check that out.

Yea i know guys use their droids for tethering though I'm not sure if it's ad-hoc-esque or hotspot-esque.
Re: Pls I Need Help Connecting Etisalat Easyblaze Modem To My PS3 by Grizz: 2:47pm On May 18, 2012
I don't use it to make my android a hotspot, i use it cos my android will only connect to a hotspot. It makes my ad-hoc look like a hotspot and i've used it to connect my psp, android and ps3. Don't do the last one very often cos i'm jailbroken.
Re: Pls I Need Help Connecting Etisalat Easyblaze Modem To My PS3 by otosa(m): 5:54pm On Sep 29, 2012
Mart d dart: Please i need instructions on how to connect Etisalat easyblaze to my PS3 to enable me play games online..please..any help whatsoever will be highly appreciated
am also using Etisalat easyblaze too.And it works for me PS3 but to connect is not the problem but the process you will need to go through such as: Updating of the system, updating the CD, Sony entertainment account before have access to game both online and the one on the CD. But, believe me, there is nothing enjoying able in PS3 than been connecting to internet,imaging laptop without internet, automatically you can not have more you save there. Although, its not all the second hand/ Tokubo that has internet facility and in other hand any PS3 that has facility do not bother to connect it to internet otherwise, the software of downloading will get damage.
Thus, if you need more info. add me on facebook, odesorlar tayor s otosa. see you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Corona Wars: An Android Space War Game By Me(photos) / Game Installation On All Version Of Playstation Products PS4 ,PS3 And Psvita / Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.