Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,154 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

JTF arrests suspected sect leader, wife in Kano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JTF arrests suspected sect leader, wife in Kano (1152 Views)

Buhari Gets Accolades At Uk House Of Lords, As Troops Nab Sect Leader / Shi’ite Sect Leader Not In Army’s Custody – Buratai / JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

JTF arrests suspected sect leader, wife in Kano by leyopumpin(m): 3:54pm On May 11, 2012
When I read this piece,I found it unbelievable...he is even the operational Commander of the Boko Haram in Kano....read more- http://www.247naijagossip.com/2012/05/could-yoruba-man-be-one-of-boko-harams.html
Re: JTF arrests suspected sect leader, wife in Kano by LogicMind: 3:58pm On May 11, 2012
is he a willing betrayer or a compelled slave?
Re: JTF arrests suspected sect leader, wife in Kano by feelamong(m): 4:00pm On May 11, 2012
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/jtf-arrests-suspected-sect-leader-wife-in-kano/

The Joint Military Task Force in Kano Friday morning, raided Farawa quarters in Kumbotso local Government area of the state and arrested a man believed to be a high profile sect leader, his wife and five children

The sect leader identified as Suleiman Mohammed is suspected to hail from Ogbomosho, in Osun State, South West Nigeria.

JTF sources confided in Vanguard that the suspect and his entire family has been flown to Abuja for interrogation.

Vanguard learnt that counter terrorism personnel that stormed the residence recovered three pistols, one AK47 assault riffle, one thousand live ammunition and w0 wired Improvised Explosive Devices.

Confirming the incident to reporters in Kano, Police Commissioner, Mr Ibrahim Idris said; “we made an arrest at Farawa quarters this morning”, stressing that “details of the suspect were not for public consumption for now.”

The arrest Friday of Mohammed coincided with the recovery of seven truck of empty used can from an uncompleted building in the Kano metropolis.

The Police Commissioner disclosed that the cans were veritable components in making low calibre IED’s and enjoined the public to always endeavour to destroy such soft drink cans to frustrate criminal elements from converting them into dangerous weapon.
Re: JTF arrests suspected sect leader, wife in Kano by Abagworo(m): 4:23pm On May 11, 2012
Sometimes it is rather shameful that a media house with all the editors and protocols involved could still go ahead to commit so much fallacy that nullifies the credibility of the news even to a primary school pupil. Ogbomosho is not in Osun State.
Re: JTF arrests suspected sect leader, wife in Kano by Ikengawo: 4:24pm On May 11, 2012
^Terrorist.
Re: JTF arrests suspected sect leader, wife in Kano by Demdem(m): 4:38pm On May 11, 2012
Abagworo: Sometimes it is rather shameful that a media house with all the editors and protocols involved could still go ahead to commit so much fallacy that nullifies the credibility of the news even to a primary school pupil. Ogbomosho is not in Osun State.

they know what they are doing. anyhow Aregbe must be implicated. Thats the grand scheme.
Re: JTF arrests suspected sect leader, wife in Kano by MrFire: 4:48pm On May 11, 2012
Demdem:

they know what they are doing. anyhow Aregbe must be implicated. Thats the grand scheme.

Yeah!! Vanguard is now government paper. What an i.d.i.o.t.i.c post you made.
Re: JTF arrests suspected sect leader, wife in Kano by Demdem(m): 4:56pm On May 11, 2012
Mr Fire:

Yeah!! Vanguard is now government paper. What an i.d.i.o.t.i.c post you made.

Mooron are u saying no journalist from vanguard will align itself from brown envelopes from Aso-Rock? are u aware that Ogbomoso isnt in osun state but Oyo?
Re: JTF arrests suspected sect leader, wife in Kano by MrFire: 5:03pm On May 11, 2012
Demdem:

Mooron are u saying no journalist from vanguard will align itself from brown envelopes from Aso-Rock? are u aware that Ogbomoso isnt in osun state but Oyo?

Have you considered that it could be an editorial error, mr. m.o.r.o.n? How many mistakes have we not seen Nigerian journalists make? The question is did they arrest a Yoruba person as a BH member?
Re: JTF arrests suspected sect leader, wife in Kano by Genius100: 5:05pm On May 11, 2012
No big deal, as long as it is limited to individuals.As unbelievable as it sounds, an Igbo Boko Haram guy was caught last year..

https://www.nairaland.com/753390/igbo-member-boko-haram-arrested
Re: JTF arrests suspected sect leader, wife in Kano by OAM4J: 5:08pm On May 11, 2012

(1)

Fashola Inaugurates Research And Development Council With N200m Grant / Thisday Newspapers Kicks Out Elrufai / FG Finally Commences Winding Up Of PHCN- This Day News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.