Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? (33167 Views)

Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms / Is There An Online Directory Of Nigerian Lawyers Available? / Diminished Responsibility And Criminal Law-a Question To Nigerian Lawyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Knegoyon: 9:00am On May 12, 2012
Is Nigeria still a colony of the United Kingdom?

The mother of Nigeria

Flora Louisa Shaw, Lady Lugard, DBE, the daughter of an English father, Captain (later Major General) George Shaw and a French mother, Marie Desfontaines, was a British journalist and writer. She is also known for having coined the name "Nigeria".

Flora Shaw was close to the three men who most epitomised empire in Africa: Cecil Rhodes, George Goldie and Frederick Lugard.

In 1902 she married the colonial administrator, Sir Frederick Lugard, who was Governor of Hong Kong (1907–1912) and Governor-General of Nigeria (1914–1919).

In an essay, which first appeared in The Times on 8 January 1897, she suggested the name "Nigeria" for the British Protectorate on the Niger River. In her essay Shaw was making a case for a shorter term that would be used for the "agglomeration of pagan and Mahomedan States" that was functioning under the official title, "Royal Niger Company Territories". She thought that the term "Royal Niger Company Territories" was too long to be used as a name of a Real Estate Property under the Trading Company in that part of Africa. Niger Area....Nigeria.

What is important in Shaw's article was that she was in search of a new name and she coined "Nigeria" in preference to such terms as "Central Sudan" that was associated with the area by some geographers and travellers. She thought that the term "Sudan" at this time was associated with a territory in the Nile basin, the current Sudan.

She then put forward this argument in The Times of 8 January 1897 thus: "The name Nigeria applying to no other part of Africa may without offence to any neighbours be accepted as co-extensive with the territories over which the Royal Niger Company has extended British influence, and may serve to differentiate them equally from the colonies of Lagos and the Niger Protectorate on the coast and from the French territories of the Upper Niger."

[img]http://4.bp..com/-x4uCmFZEq0M/Tyerww80NJI/AAAAAAAAAJk/aXULvAI1Y2U/s1600/lord+lugard.jpg[/img]
Frederick Lugard said "the typical African ... is a happy, thriftless, excitable person, lacking in self control, discipline and foresight, naturally courageous, and naturally courteous and polite, full of personal vanity, with little sense of veracity ...in brief , the virtues and defects of this race-type are those of attractive children."

Frederick Lugard's "The Dual Mandate in British Tropical Africa" published in 1922

It discusses indirect rule in colonial Africa. In this work, Lugard outlined the reasons and methods that he recommended for the colonisation of Africa by Britain. Some of his justifications included spreading Christianity in traditional African religion and Islamic Africa. He also saw state-sponsored colonisation as a way to protect white Christian missionaries, local native African kings, and local people from each other as well as from foreign powers. Also, for Lugard, it was vital that Britain gain control of unclaimed areas before Germany, Portugal, or France claimed the land and its resources for themselves. He realised that there were vast profits to be made through the exporting of resources like rubber and through taxation of native populations, as well as importers and exporters. In addition, these resources and inexpensive native labour (slavery having been outlawed by Britain in 1834) would provide vital fuel for the industrial revolution in resource-depleted Britain as well as monies for public works projects. Finally, Lugard reasoned that colonisation had become a fad and that in order to remain a super power, Britain would need to hold colonies in order to avoid appearing weak.

Lugard pushed for native black African rule in African colonies. He reasoned that black Africans were very different from white Europeans. He considered that African natives should act as a sort of middle manager in colonial governance. This would avoid revolt because, as Lugard believed, the people of Africa would be more likely to follow someone who looked like them, spoke their languages, and shared their customs.

Alhaji Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, KBE the only prime minister of an independent Nigeria
He retained the post as Prime Minister when Nigeria gained independence in 1960, and was reelected in 1964.
[img]http://3.bp..com/-Qm2iizRRBIo/T1LxT8CIoyI/AAAAAAAAAXc/ifu3ncOOnjw/s1600/tafawa+balewa+oct+1.jpg[/img]

Sir James Wilson Robertson, KT, GCMG, GCVO, KBE, Order of the Nile (4th class), KStJ was the last British Head of Nigeria. He was Governor-General of Nigeria from 15 June 1955 to 16 November 1960.
[img]http://173.12.230.43/dk607.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/_d1smB2OQCJo/TKirc2wMbzI/AAAAAAAAAII/rL-3QVnNelo/s1600/Nigerian+Independence.jpg[/img]

[img]http://ugochukwu.files./2009/09/yaradua-and-british-queen-elizabeth.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Queen+Elizabeth+II+Kamla+Persad+Bissessar+DPu6mRFYIb9l.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.emansion.gov.lr/images/front/20110528_oath_cjustice_DSC_0283.jpg[/img]
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Jakumo(m): 9:04am On May 12, 2012
Lawyer's wigs are a fashion statement that must be preserved at all costs. Check out this picture again if you doubt these words.

I was about to acquire one to wear whenever the need arises to intimidate people in public, only to now hear people calling for their abolishment. My day is now ruined, and once again, Enemies of Frogress are to blame.

Don't be an enemy of frogress. Wigs are here to stay. By order of the National Union for the Advancement of Sheep-Head-Wigs in Africa.

Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by djeezy(m): 9:18am On May 12, 2012
Bewildering labyrinth of facts, blustering desire for publicity. Standing on the protocol already established I consider this thread another ignorance by the hoi polloi. I do not understand why you dimwits, cretins and simpletons here would tell us how to go about the ethics of our proffesion ipso facto. It is beyond your personal voyage or your capacity to raise it as an issue, leave it in situ. Having read your comments supra, it was filled with sheer ignorance by those who call themselves educated. Abolishment of the wig is for us to decided, the NBA is there. We do not need your opinions. Suffice it not to mention what the wig symbolizes hereunder;
*It is a symbol of wisdom and wisdom comes with old age.
*It is our proffesional ethics and a symbol of dignity.
*It is our common usage and consciousness mutatis mutandis to the attires and dress code of other proffesions. In this same wise it is part of our Nigerian legal system. We lawyers should stop wearing the wig?? Do you hoi polloi here feel INTIMIDATED? Oh i get it. The law will not make you love us but it will at least prevent you from lynching us. Pls mind your own business and stop acting whimsical. You can sue me...

3 Likes

Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by djeezy(m): 9:24am On May 12, 2012
Jakumo: Lawyer's wigs are a fashion statement that must be preserved at all costs. Check out this picture again if you doubt these words.

I was about to acquire one to wear whenever the need arises to intimidate people in public, only to now hear people calling for their abolishment. My day is now ruined, and once again, Enemies of Frogress are to blame.

Don't be an enemy of frogress. Wigs are here to stay. By order of the National Union for the Advancement of Sheep-Head-Wigs in Africa.

You see what i mean, those calling it an act of foolery and seeking for it to be disbanded just because they feel intimidated by it. @Jacuno, impersonation is a criminal offence.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by djeezy(m): 9:27am On May 12, 2012
i.:
I hate it when non lawyers come out and spill nonsense αll in the name of posting. If you are not a lawyer you will never understand the essence of the wig. We want our wigs the same way we want †☺ wear silk in future. We are not ridiculous when we wear it. Do you know the sense of pride aπϑ confidence I feel when I don my wig and gown when appearing in court?
Let the wig stay!!!
Ps. Even if you talk, posts etc from now till thy kingdom come if the top echelon of the legal proffesion says let Τhe wig remains it remains.
Anofia people/ amebo... Just dey chook mouth into wetin wey no concern them. Make doctor comot hin scrubs Αnd police their uniform or bankers make dem comot suit begin dey wear ankara go work.
Tell them my learned colleague. Most of them here have attempted to study law and failed. Now they are anti-lawyers. Well it doesn't suprise me. We will always be distinguished.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Jakumo(m): 9:29am On May 12, 2012
djeezy: Bewildering labyrinth of facts, blustering desire for publicity. Standing on the protocol already established I consider this thread another ignorance by the hoi polloi. I do not understand why you dimwits, cretins and simpletons here would tell us how to go about the ethics of our proffesion ipso facto. It is beyond your personal voyage or your capacity to raise it as an issue, leave it in situ. Having read your comments supra, it was filled with sheer ignorance by those who call themselves educated. Abolishment of the wig is for us to decided, the NBA is there. We do not need your opinions. Suffice it not to mention what the wig symbolizes hereunder;
*It is our common usage and consciousness mutatis mutandis to the attires and dress code of other proffesions. In this same wise it is part of our Nigerian legal system. We lawyers should stop wearing the wig?? Do you hoi polloi here feel INTIMIDATED? Oh i get it. The law will not make you love us but it will at least prevent you from lynching us. Pls mind your own business and stop acting whimsical. You can sue me...

And there you have it ha ha ha ha Nihil incarburendum illegitimi, my learned friend.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by cindyrella(f): 9:36am On May 12, 2012
I thought i was the only one that noticed.... Seriously They really need to stop wearing that wig it makes them look like clowns.undecided undecided
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by joudini(m): 9:42am On May 12, 2012
djeezy: Bewildering labyrinth of facts, blustering desire for publicity. Standing on the protocol already established I consider this thread another ignorance by the hoi polloi. I do not understand why you dimwits, cretins and simpletons here would tell us how to go about the ethics of our proffesion ipso facto. It is beyond your personal voyage or your capacity to raise it as an issue, leave it in situ. Having read your comments supra, it was filled with sheer ignorance by those who call themselves educated. Abolishment of the wig is for us to decided, the NBA is there. We do not need your opinions. Suffice it not to mention what the wig symbolizes hereunder;

Rid yourself of subjective illusions. The English you just spat here is not effective communication.

What the poster is trying to do is just comparative analysis. He is trying to know why a practice is being continued when the originator seem to have discontinued it. And you musnt forget that many countries are discontinuing it.

If l may ask, if the British, THE ORIGINATOR, didnt start the practice of donning this blonde hair, wouldnt you have had any other jewel of wisdom, dignity and professional ethic?

The British who started it are withdrawing it, is that denying the profession of wisdom and competence?

Many other professions dont have a specific tin foil hat, does that make them lacking in wisdom?

Other professions are intimated of lawyers? Where did you pull that from? Ur arss?
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Dyamante(f): 10:00am On May 12, 2012
Learned friend im sure most people will not understand the legal terms you have used above but pls sir how does the wig and gown add prestige to the profession?being a lawyer in itself is already prestigious enough so i do not see the need for the gown
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by djeezy(m): 10:00am On May 12, 2012
joudini:

Rid yourself of subjective illusions. The English you just spat here is not effective communication.

What the poster is trying to do is just comparative analysis. He is trying to know why a practice is being continued when the originator seem to have discontinued it. And you musnt forget that many countries are discontinuing it.

If l may ask, if the British, THE ORIGINATOR, didnt start the practice of donning this blonde hair, wouldnt you have had any other jewel of wisdom, dignity and professional ethic?

The British who started it are withdrawing it, is that denying the profession of wisdom and competence?

Many other professions dont have a specific tin foil hat, does that make them lacking in wisdom?

Other professions are intimated of lawyers? Where did you pull that from? Ur arss?
My reply wasn't vis-a-vis to the topic but the irrational comments i saw above inter alia shows the level of how those without knowledge whatsoever delve into things beyond their comprehension. What do you know about the fons et origo of the legal proffesion? It is sacrosant, your premise is an ipse dixit and you sound like an abberation to the code of conduct. The wig is not even worn or an instrument of showing off our prowess. It is for court proceedings...Mind your business ordinary people.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Dyamante(f): 10:04am On May 12, 2012
joudini:

He has used latin terms in his post..Excuse him as most lawyers tend to be arrogant but really the wig is quite unnecessary but trust Africans to continue with western habits then we blame them for foreign domination
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by djeezy(m): 10:10am On May 12, 2012
Dyamante:
Learned friend im sure most people will not understand the legal terms you have used above but pls sir how does the wig and gown add prestige to the profession?being a lawyer in itself is already prestigious enough so i do not see the need for the gown
Nice question. Looking at it functionally, It is a practice set aside by the legal luminaries and not a contrivance to intimidate the public. The legal proffesion is prestigious and we protect our dignity at all cost. We are the common law colony and our judicial system is akin to that of the British. The wig was received and they stoped? How would it make us look if we stop? We are not zombies or robots. We have a mind of our own.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by gbadexy(m): 10:11am On May 12, 2012
alasibanz: So suit isnt traditional attire of the west. call for its removal is simply envious of the noble profession. it is only worn in the court....
Stop acting your profession.the wig and gown was the british form of dressing in the 17th century.they have moved on while you are being the massa's monkey.i have never envied or respected lawyerstheir service can be purchased,morever they need to read and study similar case before going to court,while medical doctors dont need to consult books before attending to hundreds of different ailments daily.now that is a proffession i respect but dont envy

2 Likes

Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Dyamante(f): 10:18am On May 12, 2012
djeezy: Nice question. Looking at it functionally, It is a practice set aside by the legal luminaries and not a contrivance to intimidate the public. The legal proffesion is prestigious and we protect our dignity at all cost. We are the common law colony and our judicial system is akin to that of the British. The wig was received and they stoped? How would it make us look if we stop? We are not zombies or robots. We have a mind of our own.
This is the same arguement most lawyers in Kenya gave when it was abolished,that it makes the legal profession be taken less seriously but personally i was happy.As long as i have that certificate that declares i am an Advocate of the High Court the rest does not matter
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by gbadexy(m): 10:20am On May 12, 2012
Another silly habit is speaking latin to impress some illiterates ang give impression of having great wisdom when simple and comprehensive english would even convey there message better.

2 Likes

Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by NaMe4: 10:22am On May 12, 2012
igbsam: And what do we say about dis wig that looks like a mop ? Na by force to wear wig ? grin :Please they should stop wearing mops on their head and face the real law thingy.

This is quite disturbing. Haba!

Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by joudini(m): 10:25am On May 12, 2012
djeezy: My reply wasn't vis-a-vis to the topic but the irrational comments i saw above inter alia shows the level of how those without knowledge whatsoever delve into things beyond their comprehension. What do you know about the fons et origo of the legal proffesion? It is sacrosant, your premise is an ipse dixit and you sound like an abberation to the code of conduct. The wig is not even worn or an instrument of showing off our prowess. It is for court proceedings...Mind your business ordinary people.

I don't know which am starting to find more disturbing; Your shallow and forced attempt of expression with excessive and dramatic style that lacks detail, and are vague OR your condescending attitude that is beginning to look like a behavioural disorder.

This is the internet, dude. Anyone can act up!
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by djeezy(m): 10:25am On May 12, 2012
gbadexy:
Stop acting your profession.the wig and gown was the british form of dressing in the 17th century.they have moved on while you are being the massa's monkey.i have never envied or respected lawyerstheir service can be purchased,morever they need to read and study similar case before going to court,while medical doctors dont need to consult books before attending to hundreds of different ailments daily.now that is a proffession i respect but dont envy
Last time i cross examined a medical doctor in a law court for administering overdose of anaesthetic to a man that unfortunately led to his demise. The doctor was fretting and finally was held liable for failure of exercising reasonable skill, duty and care. We cross examine engrs,doctors, bankers etc. That's what makes us learned. I read virtually everything. In my university days i even studied mathematics. So Mr Doctor, pray you don't end up in a law court, that day, your real enemity with lawyers will suffice thereafter.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by maryini(f): 10:34am On May 12, 2012
Knegoyon: The lawyers aren't going to comment. They are the ones that are looking like the fools. How can one that dresses like a fool in the world even know he or she is one?

So, never expect the lawyers and judges that are in Africa and the Caribbean who wear these wigs to make a negative comment about their court dress. They will not. They are the ones that are sick in the mind and do not know it. It's called being brainwashed. Brainwashed people don't know they are brainwashed. In fact, the brainwashed person will defend their actions and will even show anger that one even questions their actions.

So, no the laywers and judges that wear the wigs will not say anything....they think they look normal and they think they look respectable. They don't even think they look like fools. Take note of their serious expressions when they are having their photos taken with those wigs on their heads. Yet, they think they look good. ....But, they look like fools to the world.

ROTFLMAO!! LOOOOL!
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by dayorx(m): 10:36am On May 12, 2012
so because the british r limiting wearing of the wig and gown to just criminal matters, we should do the same.....the british also have a law permitting same sex marriage or civil partnership i guess we as Nigerians should also do the same.....i bet most people in here do not know that even the speakers of the 36 houses of assembly and the house of reps and including the president of the senate also wear the wig and the gown...no one here has complained about them
we as lawyers like our attire so leave us to it, y dont u people channel ur energy to the national assembly to pass laws that would benefit us like the PIB bill that seeks to give nigerians greater participation in our oil industry.....whether or not lawyers wear wigs does not matter to the man who has not eaten.... our laws need to be completely overhauled, that is what we need..
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by djeezy(m): 10:40am On May 12, 2012
joudini:

I don't know which am starting to find more disturbing; Your shallow and forced attempt of expression with excessive and dramatic style that lacks detail, and are vague OR your condescending attitude that is beginning to look like a behavioural disorder.

This is the internet, dude. Anyone can act up!
You are a small boy. People like you keep mute in court. Like i said supra, you can sue me. Enjoy your weekend my friend.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Nobody: 10:42am On May 12, 2012
As a lawyer, (though not yet called to the bar) i don't really fancy the wig thing. But try suggesting this to a practising lawyer and it will likely meet a brick wall. It wldn't even be seen as a form of colonial mentality, rather it represents wisdom, respect, pride and what-have-you.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Dyamante(f): 10:47am On May 12, 2012
Zediccus: As a lawyer, (though not yet called to the bar) i don't really fancy the wig thing. But try suggesting this to a practising lawyer and it will likely meet a brick wall. It wldn't even be seen as a form of colonial mentality, rather it represents wisdom, respect, pride and what-have-you.
pls tell them
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by joudini(m): 10:50am On May 12, 2012
djeezy: You are a small boy. People like you keep mute in court. Like i said supra, you can sue me. Enjoy your weekend my friend.

What would l be doing in a courthouse if nothing drags me there? Am trying not to lose it with you boy. A psychological evaluation could reveal more than you thought.

Enjoy your weekend too my friend.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by yhemini: 10:50am On May 12, 2012
Pls i hate 2 stop d flow of dis discussion buh i need help frm anyone, pls how can i change my name on N/L pls dis is urgent anyone can answer. Thanks
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by i1: 10:55am On May 12, 2012
Gbadexy the fact that the internet promotes anonymity doesn't call for the insults.
The wig belongs †☺ us and we counsels appreciate its use. Maybe some time pass it was used by british gentlemen is not the issue. Even if it has been abolished in kenya, jamaica, UK, etc is not the issue. The issue is: are lawyers complaining about the use of the wig? If yes then it should be removed. It is not in the mouth of non-lawyers †☺ tell us the way we dress. We do not enter Τ̲̅ђe hospital rooms †☺ discuss your dressing $☺ please let us be.
Furthermore if you want †☺ know the value of the wig go †☺ law school!!!

2 Likes

Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Nobody: 10:57am On May 12, 2012
yhemini: Pls i hate 2 stop d flow of dis discussion buh i need help frm anyone, pls how can i change my name on N/L pls dis is urgent anyone can answer. Thanks
sorry bro. not fossible, at least, according to seun.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by Nobody: 11:01am On May 12, 2012
djeezy: Last time i cross examined a medical doctor in a law court for administering overdose of anaesthetic to a man that unfortunately led to his demise. The doctor was fretting and finally was held liable for failure of exercising reasonable skill, duty and care. We cross examine engrs,doctors, bankers etc. That's what makes us learned. I read virtually everything. In my university days i even studied mathematics. So Mr Doctor, pray you don't end up in a law court, that day, your real enemity with lawyers will suffice thereafter.

Mr 'learned'.... I might not be as 'learned' as u are but in my study of engineering, we had a course called engineering law and law of contracts thot by a lawyer like u so I don't see how ur studying law makes u more learned. Anyway, putting learnedness aside as card carrying member of the hoi polloi it is sacrosant (pun intended) to ask how wig makes u look more learned. The wig is an agent of colonialism. PERIOD. You look like all those 18th century british army. U're a lawyer yes agreed. I will need you in future to help with contract documents but u don't need a wig to do that. American lawyers don't wear wigs. Are they not learned also? So ur learnedness is in ur wig abi?
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by yhemini: 11:06am On May 12, 2012
careytommy:
sorry bro. not fossible, at least, according to seun.

Really!! Meaning i might just av 2 create another account.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by jmoore(m): 11:09am On May 12, 2012
EGO!!!! They can't, even if the temperature is 100 degree centigrade, they will still wear it to a courtroom that has no AC.
Re: When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World? by djeezy(m): 11:12am On May 12, 2012
12 inches!:

Mr 'learned'.... I might not be as 'learned' as u are but in my study of engineering, we had a course called engineering law and law of contracts thot by a lawyer like u so I don't see how ur studying law makes u more learned. Anyway, putting learnedness aside as card carrying member of the hoi polloi it is sacrosant (pun intended) to ask how wig makes u look more learned. The wig is an agent of colonialism. PERIOD. You look like all those 18th century british army. U're a lawyer yes agreed. I will need you in future to help with contract documents but u don't need a wig to do that. American lawyers don't wear wigs. Are they not learned also? So ur learnedness is in ur wig abi?
But you will agree with me that wearing of the wig is none of your business. If you need my proffesional service, as a client you don't tell me how to do my job. So why the complaints?? Abolishing of the wig is within the jurisdication or purview of lawyers only. You are not a lawyer, do do not wear the wig, so what's your business?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Experience With A Random Warri Boy / NBA To Investigate Prof Ndifon, Baddest Lawyer, Adamawa REC, Others. / Man Sells Pure Water In A Corporate Wear In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.