Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,245 members, 7,825,941 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

To Save Our Mothers, Who Will Stand For Them? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To Save Our Mothers, Who Will Stand For Them? (761 Views)

Have Our Mothers Failed In Raising Their Sons? / Monstrous Mothers Who Killed Their Own Children / For Nigerian Mothers Who Gave Birth Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

To Save Our Mothers, Who Will Stand For Them? by otus4me(m): 6:03am On May 13, 2012
For ages, men are called the bread winner of the family.what are women called?our traditions and culture has made the position of a man more vital in the family and putting our mothers into less consideration. It's know in our land that every good child is of the father and the bad one is of the mother. But have we forgotten that 90% of every good children where brought up or taught by mother. So why have we put our mothers on the bad side. Have we forgotten that a mother is the only one that wont sleep if she sees her child sick, she wont eat neither will she be comfortable seeing things going out of hand. Our fathers only get food on the table and pay rents but the fact still remain that we were taught by our mothers. So how come the bad child is of the mother and the good one is of the father. A song says : my mother who sat and watched my infant stead...even in some homes, they are turned to punching bags and insulted. My dad is always proud he have a son but what i know is that my mum is the brain behind my greatness. Even as old as i am, she comes behind my bed at night to pray for me. I cant remember when my dad did that. Our nation, tradition and culture put the at the bottom of the food chain. Please who will rise and stand for our mothers? And how can we turn the story around. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!

(1) (Reply)

17 Years Old Boy Sentenced To Death By Hanging. / Bride Gives Birth At Wedding In France, Says ‘I Do’ In Labor / VASECTOMY: A Form Of Male Birth Control

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.