Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,232 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

An Onicha Traditional Wedding (pictures) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / An Onicha Traditional Wedding (pictures) (24538 Views)

Ill Feelings Of Indegent Igbos Of Aba,onicha Etc To Other Igbos / Are People From Onicha-ugbo Igbo Descent? / Onitsha Igbo - Bia Eba Obu Na I Na Asu Igbo Ndi Onicha! Soso Ndi Onicha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Onicha Traditional Wedding (pictures) by Ptolomeus(m): 7:09pm On May 18, 2012
Dear friend Odumchi.
I note that in many pictures and many people, predominantly necklaces (and other ornaments) orange and made ​​from the same material. Is it a coincidence? Either that means anything?
Re: An Onicha Traditional Wedding (pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 7:30pm On May 18, 2012
Very colorful wedding.
Re: An Onicha Traditional Wedding (pictures) by odumchi: 9:36pm On May 18, 2012
Ptolomeus: Dear friend Odumchi.
I note that in many pictures and many people, predominantly necklaces (and other ornaments) orange and made ​​from the same material. Is it a coincidence? Either that means anything?

Orange and red are the typical colors of beads and necklaces in Eastern Nigeria. In the olden days, only wealthy people could afford them and they were usually worn as status symbols. That attitude to necklaces and beads is still present today, although they aren't as much of a status symbol today as they were before since, nowadays, they are more affordable.

1 Like

Re: An Onicha Traditional Wedding (pictures) by Ptolomeus(m): 10:05pm On May 18, 2012
odumchi:

Orange and red are the typical colors of beads and necklaces in Eastern Nigeria. In the olden days, only wealthy people could afford them and they were usually worn as status symbols. That attitude to necklaces and beads is still present today, although they aren't as much of a status symbol today as they were before since, nowadays, they are more affordable.
Thank you for your clear explanation dear friend.
I figured it was no coincidence!
As always you are very kind, and I apologize for my questions, but learn about the traditions is something exciting.
Thank you!
Re: An Onicha Traditional Wedding (pictures) by odumchi: 10:09pm On May 18, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Thank you for your clear explanation dear friend.
I figured it was no coincidence!
As always you are very kind, and I apologize for my questions, but learn about the traditions is something exciting.
Thank you!

There's no need to apologize. I'm glad to help a friend.
Re: An Onicha Traditional Wedding (pictures) by dubem3(m): 9:35am On May 19, 2012
odumchi:

they seem to be more affordable cos what we find every where is made of plastic
and other cheap materials.
but the good old ivory
is still a symbol of wealth
afforded only by the rich

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Number Of Languages By Country / Igwe Alfred Achebe Welcomes British High Commissioner To Nigeria To His Palace / Olubadan Palace Shooting;Traditionalists,Ibadan War Lords Families Visit Ajimobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.