Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,745 members, 7,813,445 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

Evidence Of Juju - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evidence Of Juju (2104 Views)

Why Are There No Prosecutions Of Juju? / Pastor In A Live Spiritual Battle With Juju Priest (Video) / Chicken With Four Legs: Evidence Of Juju? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evidence Of Juju by Googler(m): 12:08pm On May 14, 2012
Found this while googling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEABw7dz1N0?version=3&feature=player_embedded

A Kenyan man was suspecting his wife of cutting shows and went to a juju house to help him catch who she was cheating with.

Seems the juju works and the wife and her lover were glued together during a steaming session. The sinful duo are eventually saved by the intervention of the police, the husband, and a pastor.
Re: Evidence Of Juju by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:25pm On May 14, 2012
yes i saw this. Juju (as you call it) also works for good reasons. serves the man right for sleeping with somen else wife. cool
Re: Evidence Of Juju by MyJoe: 4:05pm On May 15, 2012
Pagan_9ja,
Since, according to your stated view, the gods don't intervene in human affairs, what is your explanation for this? Why would the gods allow us "juju" power and then hands off? Are these guys (gods) all Eshu, the "trickstar" of Brazilian mythology, laughing while we hurt ourselves? Or are the Christians right in saying "juju" is real and of the devil and we should seek protection from Jesus against it?
Re: Evidence Of Juju by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:00pm On May 15, 2012
MyJoe: Pagan_9ja,
Since, according to your stated view, the gods don't intervene in human affairs, what is your explanation for this?

I remember saying this statement. The Gods do not directly interfere in human affairs. However they do tend to influence different spheres of human activity. In this case, it was probably the work of lesser spirits. i do not know the exact circumstances of what happened there. All i know is what i saw from the video. Who knows? maybe the husband was a very good man? we don't really know.

MyJoe: Why would the gods allow us "juju" power and then hands off?

The Gods did not allow us any such power. First of all, the Religious do tend to connect more with the forces than ordinary people, because they tend to concentrate all the energy in their lives to such activities. we on the other hand are more distracted with worldly activities. (I am obviously talking about the true religious leaders and not the fake ones who are not committed). Same case with those who practice these form of witchcraft( If they know what they e doing. there are a lot of fakes around).

MyJoe: Are these guys (gods) all Eshu, the "trickstar" of Brazilian mythology, laughing while we hurt ourselves?

no not all Gods are tricksters. However, unlike the christian man/God, our Gods balance out the forces, i.e. they can be good or bad, it does not matter. We usually assign different Gods to different forces, depending on different traditional religions and their requirements.

MyJoe: Or are the Christians right in saying "juju" is real and of the devil and we should seek protection from Jesus against it?

NO there is no point in seeking protection from the evil forces. the christians just want to eliminate evil completely and bring about so called "light" and good". this is impossible. the forces must be balanced. Ironically, they are committing a lot of evil acts in the process of[i] trying [/i] to do good. so you see no matter how hard they try, they cant do away with one side. Their evil acts in this world are compensating for what good they are trying to bring about. The forces, i repeat, must be balanced. There cant be good without evil. or else there is no comparison! how can you know what sweet tastes like, if you have never known bitter!

Therefore we do not need to seek any protection. All we need to do is to do our duty. Duty Above All! cool
Re: Evidence Of Juju by Ptolomeus(m): 9:22pm On May 15, 2012
I'm not disagreeing with Brother PAY 9JA.
But depending on the traditional worship, there are different approaches.
I have not seen the video, it does not speak English. However , I do not think Esu (Eshu) is tricky. Such erroneous concepts come from studies of the first missionaries arrived at Africa.
As far as I know, the word Esu means "sphere" without beginning or end. Is the constant movement, the communicator between Aiye and Orun, the first antecedent of independent living. I see no "trap" of Eshu. Neither do I see any relationship Eshu with the devil or Satan (Satan does not exist in Yoruba cosmogony, it is a Jewish-Christian element).
With regard to the intervention or not of Orisa in the lives of people, I understand that the concept of Ori (Ori as a destination, as "personal self" rather than "head" is fundamental.
Ori choose your destination, guides Orunmila, and Orisa will be responsible for taking care of that Ori reach its destination. Iwa Pele (good character).
Against all this, human factors can affect or witchcraft.
Well, just a comment.
My respects.
Re: Evidence Of Juju by MyJoe: 10:34pm On May 15, 2012
@Ptolomeus
Thanks for your good input. I'm aware Esu is not a trickstar in Yoruba mythology - that is why I advisedly said Brazilian mythology. In the exported variants of Orisa found in Latin America and the Caribean, this description of Esu appears to be dominant.

@Pagan_9ja
Thanks for your brilliant response. I will respond tomorrow.
Re: Evidence Of Juju by Ptolomeus(m): 10:44pm On May 15, 2012
MyJoe: @Ptolomeus
Thanks for your good input. I'm aware Esu is not a trickstar in Yoruba mythology - that is why I advisedly said Brazilian mythology. In the exported variants of Orisa found in Latin America and the Caribean, this description of Esu appears to be dominant.

@Pagan_9ja
Thanks for your brilliant response. I will respond tomorrow.
Dear friend.
Thank you for your kindness.
I live in Uruguay, and I am closely related to Brazilian cults.
Candombé, Batuque and others.
In popular belief it is possible that Esu (basically they call "catiço"wink is related to the devil. But practitioners fully understand that it is not.
In Cuba Santeria also differs with the "Palo Mayembe" ...
It is a fascinating subject.
Re: Evidence Of Juju by MyJoe: 12:26pm On May 16, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

I remember saying this statement. The Gods do not directly interfere in human affairs. However they do tend to influence different spheres of human activity. In this case, it was probably the work of lesser spirits. i do not know the exact circumstances of what happened there. All i know is what i saw from the video. Who knows? maybe the husband was a very good man? we don't really know.
Ok. But I would like to know why you said the bolded. What bearing might the wronged husband's character have on the efficacy of this "juju" or the gods' interest in the matter?

PAGAN 9JA:

The Gods did not allow us any such power. First of all, the Religious do tend to connect more with the forces than ordinary people, because they tend to concentrate all the energy in their lives to such activities. we on the other hand are more distracted with worldly activities. (I am obviously talking about the true religious leaders and not the fake ones who are not committed). Same case with those who practice these form of witchcraft( If they know what they e doing. there are a lot of fakes around).
If by concentrating our energies we can connect with forces and acquire supernatural powers, why do you say the gods don't grant us these powers?

PAGAN 9JA:

no not all Gods are tricksters. However, unlike the christian man/God, our Gods balance out the forces, i.e. they can be good or bad, it does not matter. We usually assign different Gods to different forces, depending on different traditional religions and their requirements.
Ok. This only leads to a subject I would rather not go into at this time.

PAGAN 9JA:

NO there is no point in seeking protection from the evil forces. the christians just want to eliminate evil completely and bring about so called "light" and good". this is impossible. the forces must be balanced. Ironically, they are committing a lot of evil acts in the process of[i] trying [/i] to do good. so you see no matter how hard they try, they cant do away with one side. Their evil acts in this world are compensating for what good they are trying to bring about. The forces, i repeat, must be balanced. There cant be good without evil. or else there is no comparison! how can you know what sweet tastes like, if you have never known bitter!

You mean, if my ex-wife acquires these powers and is conjuring to have me lose my oyel company job in Port Harcourt and return to Koluoma village to resume where my grandfather left off fishing, I should fold my hands and not seek protection?

Maybe we can't do away with evil, but how does that justify your assertion that "there is no point" in trying to eliminate it? Since all right-thinking people find evil repulsive, doesn't it seem obvious that it is our duty to resist evil and seek to banish it wherever we find it; that is, working for the ideal world even if it is not attainable? If your point is that the gods always seek to balance good and evil, aren't the Christians doing their human duty by working only for that which is good from the human standpoint?

PAGAN 9JA:

Therefore we do not need to seek any protection. All we need to do is to do our duty. Duty Above All! cool
What is "our duty"?
Re: Evidence Of Juju by MyJoe: 12:28pm On May 16, 2012
@Ptolomeus
Thank you for throwing more light. The "trickstar" view seems to be predominant in literature emanating from that axis.
Re: Evidence Of Juju by Ptolomeus(m): 10:27pm On May 17, 2012
I do not try to answer the questions posed to PAGAN 9JA brother. But I response to your comment, I disagree with the Christian idea that there is absolute good and absolute evil.
Christianity comes from Judaism, but the Christian God, considered the absolute good, is the same as the Jewish God, who unleashed wars, plagues, swore and demanded evils, human sacrifices ... Its real the concept of absolute good of the Christian God?
In fact, often what is good or bad is relative.
Orisa is not God. Roughly speaking, Orisa is an emanation of the one god and creator. Unlike Christianity, which is not known exactly where did the absolute wrong, good and evil are present in nature and in man. Rain can be wonderful, but can also be destructive ...
If we say that Orisa , our destination, and is guarded by the energy of Orisa, why not ask for help to Orisa?
and of course praise Ori.
I believe in all religions, communication with the deities, made one way or another, is essential.
My respects.
Re: Evidence Of Juju by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:35pm On May 18, 2012
MyJoe:
Ok. But I would like to know why you said the bolded. What bearing might the wronged husband's character have on the efficacy of this "juju" or the gods' interest in the matter?

you see it is all about balancing the forces, in order to maintain the constant. Clearly, as i said i dont know the exact circumstances. However that said, i cant tell you that probably in this case scenario, the wronged person had to be given justice, in this unusual way. it is as if he created a void and the forces filled it. for example, have you noticed that when you to compress air, it wont just disappear?? it will try to find new spaces to fill. this is something similar.the wronged person just probably didnt deserve it. By not interfering directly i meant it is not as if a divine being suddenly appears and condemns the culprits in front of society. No, in general, the forces only try to influence the material world. Infact, such incidences are quite rare and unusual and most of the times, unheard of. (which is why you hear such strange things now and agin at times)In this case there was probably a large spiritual force. Again, i cant accurately say anything since i dont know the exact circumstances. So for now, take whatever i said as theory. .

MyJoe: If by concentrating our energies we can connect with forces and acquire supernatural powers, why do you say the gods don't grant us these powers?

again its not about power! it is all about influence. when we concentrate on the spiritual realm, we develop a connection with it which might lead us to influence it to some extent. controlling it is another matter. i have never experienced such phenomena so i dont know.

MyJoe: Ok. This only leads to a subject I would rather not go into at this time.

yes that topic would somehow lead us to the Cultural section! grin

MyJoe: You mean, if my ex-wife acquires these powers and is conjuring to have me lose my oyel company job in Port Harcourt and return to Koluoma village to resume where my grandfather left off fishing, I should fold my hands and not seek protection?

Maybe we can't do away with evil, but how does that justify your assertion that "there is no point" in trying to eliminate it? Since all right-thinking people find evil repulsive, doesn't it seem obvious that it is our duty to resist evil and seek to banish it wherever we find it; that is, working for the ideal world even if it is not attainable? If your point is that the gods always seek to balance good and evil, aren't the Christians doing their human duty by working only for that which is good from the human standpoint?

First of all, when she reaches that stage of spirituality, i don't see any reason for her to engage is such petty games. That said, you can certainly pray to the Gods to divert it, but if you seek to destroy it, then don't expect any help or protection. As I said "There is no point" in eliminating evil, because it is JUST NOT POSSIBLE. you wil be wasting time, energy and effort. up to what extent will you be able to work to banish evil. Havent you already learnt a lesson from the christians They have futilely tried to banish evil, in their cowardice and arrogance, and instead they have wreaked great evil on this planet in the process. You see in their fanatical drive, they have gone to an extent where things started turning away from the goal! in fact, at times i am even lead to believe that jesus planned this evil out. we never know what went on in his head. . The christians are not doing their duty, because they went against the[i] Existing[/i] Order.They knowingly disrupted the world. As you know, the area around israel was always revolting against the Stable and Powerful Roman Empire, since the day of moses, Israel has never seen peace. The Romans detested that area. the christians branded all the Godly forces as evil, they set upon a journey of ruin and destruction. I do not wish to relate to you the sequence of events that happened. Let history be your guide.

MyJoe: What is "our duty"?

This is the best question so far. Our Duty is our responsibility to society (our tribe), other creature (animals, plants) and the Mother Earth. We need to help better it. Betterment is not achieved by just building Big malls, highways and towers. NO! in fact betterment can be achieved even by sticking to the peaceful life of forestry , agriculture, etc. We as humans, it is our duty to help maintain the balance. E.g., a soldiers duty is to fight and kill the enemy. does he ask questions? [b]NO![/b]A doctors duty is to treat patients, and so on. . We need to just do our duty and work towards the above said. that is the ideal path to life. who knows what great outcomes might come as a result..
Re: Evidence Of Juju by snthesis(m): 9:17pm On May 18, 2012
i wonder what atheist's will say about this tongue
Re: Evidence Of Juju by Ptolomeus(m): 9:24pm On May 18, 2012
Atheist?
Re: Evidence Of Juju by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:31pm On May 19, 2012
this world dont revolve around atheists and christians. It revolves around the Sun God, around Paganism, the First, true and only form of worship. . cool

(1) (Reply)

What Brings Atheists Together? / The Rise Of Christianity. The Misunderstanding Of Emperor Constantine / Did God Really Create Man From Sand As The Bible Says?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.