Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:31 PM

Volvo, Hyundai, Peugeot: Which Brand Is Better? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Volvo, Hyundai, Peugeot: Which Brand Is Better? (2347 Views)

Which Brand of Tyre Is Best For Suv / Peugeot 406: How Reliable? / Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Volvo, Hyundai, Peugeot: Which Brand Is Better? by Emperoh(m): 11:04am On Nov 15, 2007
A friend who loves his stuff somewhat out of the ordinary has just saved some bucks for a ride. After much window shopping, he settled for three brands to make a choice out of. But the conflicting reports we get from mechanics and car dealers on their problems is scaring. Naira landers i throw this to you; Of Volvo 960 '97/98, Hyundai Sonata ;99/00 and Peugeot 406 '99/01, which is better, ie; Aesthetic, Durability, Availability of parts and above all Comfort and Prestige. I offered him an Opel Omega '98 but he rejected. A la Viperman, autobag, webmaster, biggerboy et les autres.
Re: Volvo, Hyundai, Peugeot: Which Brand Is Better? by PAPABOMBOY: 11:52am On Nov 15, 2007
Oga, i no sabi moto well well oh but i know say Hyundai, Kia, Daewoo and the rest of them are cheap, unreliable cars especially on nigerian roads. Nah dem nahim go spoil first.
Even as kabu kabu, you no see money chop.

However, the variable factor is the driveability. I wouldn't compare Hyndai with Volvo or Peugeot.
Re: Volvo, Hyundai, Peugeot: Which Brand Is Better? by obua: 12:14pm On Nov 15, 2007
Hyuandais have improved significantly.
Peugeots( modern) are expensive to manage in Nigeria.
Go for Volvo 960. Parts are cheap and available,vehicle is rugged and it has a rear wheel drive ie axle drive.
Infact I call those rearwheel drive vehicles main battle tanks
Re: Volvo, Hyundai, Peugeot: Which Brand Is Better? by viperman: 12:26pm On Nov 15, 2007
Of those three, just stick with a volvo. It's farrrrrrrr easier to maintain and more durable than the rest.
Re: Volvo, Hyundai, Peugeot: Which Brand Is Better? by EKENEA(m): 12:51pm On Nov 15, 2007
me too,volvo, but is this volvo 960 not that big/mighty type.
Re: Volvo, Hyundai, Peugeot: Which Brand Is Better? by Ivvie: 7:16pm On Nov 17, 2007
Volvo is not cheap and easy to maintain.  Too many electronic issues, expensive parts and the car begins to fall apart after a certain age.  You are going to replace your DSTC/ABS computer periodically.  You shouldn't forget the throttle.  Volvo is not a cheap car and you always have to keep up with maintenance lest it bites you.  It's a fun car, comfortable, car's glued to the road and the body is steel. 

Volvo and Saab are the two most expensive cars on the road to maintain and uphold. You are better off with a BMW (as it's not maintenance demanding as Volvo is).

I have no comments on Hyundais or korean made cars.
Re: Volvo, Hyundai, Peugeot: Which Brand Is Better? by obua: 9:00am On Nov 19, 2007
Maintaining cars abroad is different from maintaining in Naija

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Reliable Person To Clear A Vehicle In Cotonou And Bring It To Nigeria. / EOD Engine And Gear Box. / Danfo Driver Seen Changing Gear Between The Laps Of A Female Passenger (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.