Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

'Nigeria Is Cash-strapped,Cant Pay Monthly State Allocations& NYSC Allowance' - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 'Nigeria Is Cash-strapped,Cant Pay Monthly State Allocations& NYSC Allowance' (16626 Views)

NYSC Allowance For States In Nigeria / Nigeria Is Cash-strapped, Can't Pay Monthly State Allocations And NYSC Allowance / Nigeria Is Cash-strapped, State Allocations And NYSC Allowances Yet To Be Paid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Nigeria Is Cash-strapped,Cant Pay Monthly State Allocations& NYSC Allowance' by maasoap(m): 5:51pm On May 15, 2012
He depleted our foreign reserve. He emptied excess crude account. Oil price has jumped up compared to OBJ's era. Production of barrels of oil per day is higher than during OBJ's era due to amnesty. Subsidy payment per litre is now half (#35) of what it was used be under Yar'dua (#70) which means more money to the FG's pulse. No more subsidy on kerosine which also means money for the FG. Increased electricity tariffs in June which also means more money to the FG's pulse. Then, one wonders where all this money disappeared to. My people from South South are not even helping the matters, they're being cynical and over protective of Jona. This country will have already gone down (bankrupt) before they realise that Jona is the worst thing that has ever happened to this country.

1 Like

Re: 'Nigeria Is Cash-strapped,Cant Pay Monthly State Allocations& NYSC Allowance' by Onyenna(m): 5:59pm On May 15, 2012
....And the senators keep collecting their billions of allowee.... There is no money Maybe our politicians are now looting from space grin grin ....
Re: 'Nigeria Is Cash-strapped,Cant Pay Monthly State Allocations& NYSC Allowance' by ismhab(m): 6:10pm On May 15, 2012
but it can pay 1.3 billion naira per day to feed jonalooter and mrs. Grammar patient.

1 Like

Re: 'Nigeria Is Cash-strapped,Cant Pay Monthly State Allocations& NYSC Allowance' by Silva79(f): 6:17pm On May 15, 2012
So what exactly r we benefitting 4rm dis clueless gov? Or lemme say what is working in nig?
Re: 'Nigeria Is Cash-strapped,Cant Pay Monthly State Allocations& NYSC Allowance' by lookmangiw(m): 6:23pm On May 15, 2012
maasoap: He depleted our foreign reserve. He emptied excess crude account. Oil price has jumped up compared to OBJ's era. Production of barrels of oil per day is higher than during OBJ's era due to amnesty. Subsidy payment per litre is now half (#35) of what it was used be under Yar'dua (#70) which means more money to the FG's pulse. No more subsidy on kerosine which also means money for the FG. Increased electricity tariffs in June which also means more money to the FG's pulse. Then, one wonders where all this money disappeared to. My people from South South are not even helping the matters, they're being cynical and over protective of Jona. This country will have already gone down (bankrupt) before they realise that Jona is the worst thing that has ever happened to this country.
good analysis. But when are we going to get angry in this country and tell this people that enough is enough.
Re: 'Nigeria Is Cash-strapped,Cant Pay Monthly State Allocations& NYSC Allowance' by kobikwelu(m): 6:31pm On May 15, 2012
and this story is from "sahara reporters"

all i can say is rumour!!!

the only way to discredit a government is spread panic through the media....

and by-the-way, jona is not responsible for depleting our reserves...ITS OUR STATES AND THEIR GOVERNMENT ALLOCATIONS!!!!

even if more money is comming in from subsidy halving and tariffs, all it means is the states recieve more!!!
Re: 'Nigeria Is Cash-strapped,Cant Pay Monthly State Allocations& NYSC Allowance' by obraye: 6:34pm On May 15, 2012
The Holy Bible says "When you know the truth,the truth shall set you free". Nigeria is in this mess because we are shying away from the truth.Only the truth will save Nigeria. How can a country that is well bless with human and natural resources says she is broke.That is a fat lie!We need to sit down together as a country and tell ourselves the truth.Until we do that i have aligned my self with the school of though that says Nigeria is a failed state.

2 Likes

Re: 'Nigeria Is Cash-strapped,Cant Pay Monthly State Allocations& NYSC Allowance' by Thereishel: 6:34pm On May 15, 2012
NA LIE, this woman is telling lie and is at war with poor Nigerians; they are looking for way to remove fuel subsidy. Mr. President open your eyes wide, it is going to be tough this time around when you do that the military will take over. What Ogonja cannot do when Obasanjo was there; trying to control the country by make life difficult for the poor. This woman would put you into a ditch Jonathan, the next protest you would not be able to contain it. What has President do to recover billions stollen by petroleum marketers?
Re: 'Nigeria Is Cash-strapped,Cant Pay Monthly State Allocations& NYSC Allowance' by cogsej06(m): 6:43pm On May 15, 2012
grafikii: Blame it on buhari

U r an idiot for spewing rubish. U swallywag.....
Re: 'Nigeria Is Cash-strapped,Cant Pay Monthly State Allocations& NYSC Allowance' by sirp2007: 6:44pm On May 15, 2012
grin grin grin
egift:

You Voted For Him, for the following reasons:
1. You believed a man who have not achieved anything since 1999 will start performing wonders overnight.
2. That even if he surrounded himself with Nigeria's finest criminals, that it will not matter.
3. That you are voting for GEJ and not PDP.
4. That Nigeria will be governed by LUCK and you even hope that by voting him you too will become LUCKY (hope you where not going for lottery).
5. You also believed that to become a good president of Nigeria, we needed someone with BSc in Fisheries and PhD in Zoology.
6. And as Onye Igbo, you thought because his mum hailing him Azikiwe, his Ijaw name Ebelemi being abbreviated Ebele and marrying from Igboland makes an Igboman and qualifies him to take the turn of Ndigbo as well.

The list goes on. But at the interim, just face front, open your mouth and enjoy the heart-breaking fresh air!

grin
egift:

You Voted For Him, for the following reasons:
1. You believed a man who have not achieved anything since 1999 will start performing wonders overnight.
2. That even if he surrounded himself with Nigeria's finest criminals, that it will not matter.
3. That you are voting for GEJ and not PDP.
4. That Nigeria will be governed by LUCK and you even hope that by voting him you too will become LUCKY (hope you where not going for lottery).
5. You also believed that to become a good president of Nigeria, we needed someone with BSc in Fisheries and PhD in Zoology.
6. And as Onye Igbo, you thought because his mum hailing him Azikiwe, his Ijaw name Ebelemi being abbreviated Ebele and marrying from Igboland makes an Igboman and qualifies him to take the turn of Ndigbo as well.

The list goes on. But at the interim, just face front, open your mouth and enjoy the heart-breaking fresh air!
Re: 'Nigeria Is Cash-strapped,Cant Pay Monthly State Allocations& NYSC Allowance' by beautifulzerah(f): 6:46pm On May 15, 2012
naija get fat problems wey be say dem own hand sef no gree accomodate dem.
Re: 'Nigeria Is Cash-strapped,Cant Pay Monthly State Allocations& NYSC Allowance' by Pat98: 6:48pm On May 15, 2012
LeoMax: I think NL should be closed down for bringing stories without legit sources to frontpage

Close it down na..See ya head like goat own. PDP PR official
Re: 'Nigeria Is Cash-strapped,Cant Pay Monthly State Allocations& NYSC Allowance' by cogsej06(m): 6:52pm On May 15, 2012
maasoap: He depleted our foreign reserve. He emptied excess crude account. Oil price has jumped up compared to OBJ's era. Production of barrels of oil per day is higher than during OBJ's era due to amnesty. Subsidy payment per litre is now half (#35) of what it was used be under Yar'dua (#70) which means more money to the FG's pulse. No more subsidy on kerosine which also means money for the FG. Increased electricity tariffs in June which also means more money to the FG's pulse. Then, one wonders where all this money disappeared to. My people from South South are not even helping the matters, they're being cynical and over protective of Jona. This country will have already gone down (bankrupt) before they realise that Jona is the worst thing that has ever happened to this country.

Yes Bro....U hv said it all. But not until we al Nigerians unite n drive out all this thieves n rogues in d name of governance.....hmmmmmm I fear for Naija. I knew it will come to this but we were all sentimental in d choice of d president. Kudos to ''I hv no shoes'' SHM
Re: 'Nigeria Is Cash-strapped,Cant Pay Monthly State Allocations& NYSC Allowance' by bayulll01(m): 7:02pm On May 15, 2012
jensinmi: Yes Please.

I support you, Bros.

Let's blame this also on Buhari.

BUHARI THIS!!!
BUHARI THAT!!!
BUHARI HAVE CHOP NIGERIA MONEY!!!

Mscheww. Nation of Cretins.

cretins and retard people
Re: 'Nigeria Is Cash-strapped,Cant Pay Monthly State Allocations& NYSC Allowance' by bayulll01(m): 7:04pm On May 15, 2012

I support you, Bros.

BUHARI THIS!!!
BUHARI THAT!!!

cretins and retarded people
Re: 'Nigeria Is Cash-strapped,Cant Pay Monthly State Allocations& NYSC Allowance' by lacasa: 7:23pm On May 15, 2012

I support you, Bros.

BUHARI THIS!!!
BUHARI THAT!!!

Gbam!!
Re: 'Nigeria Is Cash-strapped,Cant Pay Monthly State Allocations& NYSC Allowance' by lacasa: 7:29pm On May 15, 2012
"i voted GEJ not PDP"

Lwkmd..grin

Nigerians r unique even in madness aπϑ stupidiity

gringrin

1 Like

Re: 'Nigeria Is Cash-strapped,Cant Pay Monthly State Allocations& NYSC Allowance' by Willzkid(m): 7:32pm On May 15, 2012
[i][/i]CASHLESS ECONOMY Baby grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 'Nigeria Is Cash-strapped,Cant Pay Monthly State Allocations& NYSC Allowance' by sonyjacobs(m): 7:34pm On May 15, 2012
A minister once said dat NNPC is insolvent and he was shown d way out(sacked).
Re: 'Nigeria Is Cash-strapped,Cant Pay Monthly State Allocations& NYSC Allowance' by Remii(m): 7:39pm On May 15, 2012
lacasa: "i voted GEJ not PDP"

Lwkmd..grin

gringrin

I can assure you, they will do the same in 2015
Re: 'Nigeria Is Cash-strapped,Cant Pay Monthly State Allocations& NYSC Allowance' by bulkwide: 7:50pm On May 15, 2012
ollah1: Nig Is Cash-strapped&can’t Pay Monthly State Allocations&nysc Allowance - Okonjo

Sources in several state governments as well as the Federal Ministry of Finance have disclosed to SaharaReporters that Nigeria’s cash flow woes appear to be worsening. For the second month in a row, the Nigerian government was unable to meet the schedule for disbursing monthly allocations from the federation account to states.

Our sources accused President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration of depleting the country’s foreign reserves and recklessly overspending budgeted funds.

One source revealed that the Federal Ministry of Finance has paid March monthly allocations only to some states. The allocations for April and May 2012 remain unpaid. As a result of what some of the sources described as a major cash flow crisis, many civil servants and National Youth Corps members have yet to receive their April salaries or allowances.
In addition, the meeting of the Federal Accounts Allocation Committee (FAAC) has been postponed indefinitely after the secretariat said the earlier meeting scheduled for today and tomorrow was no longer feasible. SaharaReporters obtained a text message announcing the cancellation of the meeting. Sent by Philip K. Angulu, the terse message apologized to recipients for any inconveniences caused by the postponement.

SaharaReporters learnt that the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has not been able to make regular payments to the federation accounts as oil marketers and corporation are now deducting their share of profit in offshore accounts to avoid dealing with local bureaucratic bottlenecks. A source within the Presidency described Mr. Jonathan as a confused pawn in the hands of members of his security team who manipulate him to approve huge “security votes” for the so-called fight against terrorism. “Many of the president’s security advisers just keep deceiving him into releasing more and more cash to them – and they have nothing to show for it,” said the source.

Another source in the Central Bank told SaharaReporters that fuel marketers continue to defraud Nigerians with undocumented and fraudulent claims. “As we speak, I can tell you that the government has virtually spent this year’s budget for fuel subsidies – and we are only in the middle of May,” said the source. He added, “Nigerians are calling on President Jonathan to prosecute those who committed fraud in collecting fuel subsidies in the past. They don’t know that the fraud has actually increased this year.”

One of our sources accused Christopher Kolade, the chairman of the Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment (SURE) Committee, of deliberately misleading Nigerians when he claimed that N60 billion has been saved for the implementation of the phantom palliative program put in place by Mr. Jonathan’s government to pacify Nigerians who thronged the streets of Nigerian and foreign cities in January to protest the removal of fuel subsidy. “Dr. Kolade knows that no such fund exists,” said the source, a ranking official in the federal government.

http://247nigerianewsupdate.com/nigeria-is-cash-strapped-and-cant-pay-monthly-state-allocations-and-nysc-allowances/
Re: 'Nigeria Is Cash-strapped,Cant Pay Monthly State Allocations& NYSC Allowance' by bulkwide: 7:51pm On May 15, 2012
ollah1: Nig Is Cash-strapped&can’t Pay Monthly State Allocations&nysc Allowance - Okonjo

Sources in several state governments as well as the Federal Ministry of Finance have disclosed to SaharaReporters that Nigeria’s cash flow woes appear to be worsening. For the second month in a row, the Nigerian government was unable to meet the schedule for disbursing monthly allocations from the federation account to states.

Our sources accused President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration of depleting the country’s foreign reserves and recklessly overspending budgeted funds.

One source revealed that the Federal Ministry of Finance has paid March monthly allocations only to some states. The allocations for April and May 2012 remain unpaid. As a result of what some of the sources described as a major cash flow crisis, many civil servants and National Youth Corps members have yet to receive their April salaries or allowances.
In addition, the meeting of the Federal Accounts Allocation Committee (FAAC) has been postponed indefinitely after the secretariat said the earlier meeting scheduled for today and tomorrow was no longer feasible. SaharaReporters obtained a text message announcing the cancellation of the meeting. Sent by Philip K. Angulu, the terse message apologized to recipients for any inconveniences caused by the postponement.₪å wao Ooº°˚˚°ºoO,sick of dis country

SaharaReporters learnt that the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has not been able to make regular payments to the federation accounts as oil marketers and corporation are now deducting their share of profit in offshore accounts to avoid dealing with local bureaucratic bottlenecks. A source within the Presidency described Mr. Jonathan as a confused pawn in the hands of members of his security team who manipulate him to approve huge “security votes” for the so-called fight against terrorism. “Many of the president’s security advisers just keep deceiving him

into releasing more and more cash to them – and they have nothing to show for it,” said the source.

Another source in the Central Bank told SaharaReporters that fuel marketers continue to defraud Nigerians with undocumented and fraudulent claims. “As we speak, I can tell you that the government has virtually spent this year’s budget for fuel subsidies – and we are only in the middle of May,” said the source. He added, “Nigerians are calling on President Jonathan to prosecute those who committed fraud in collecting fuel subsidies in the past. They don’t know that the fraud has actually increased this year.”

One of our sources accused Christopher Kolade, the chairman of the Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment (SURE) Committee, of deliberately misleading Nigerians when he claimed that N60 billion has been saved for the implementation of the phantom palliative program put in place by Mr. Jonathan’s government to pacify Nigerians who thronged the streets of Nigerian and foreign cities in January to protest the removal of fuel subsidy. “Dr. Kolade knows that no such fund exists,” said the source, a ranking official in the federal government.

http://247nigerianewsupdate.com/nigeria-is-cash-strapped-and-cant-pay-monthly-state-allocations-and-nysc-allowances/
Re: 'Nigeria Is Cash-strapped,Cant Pay Monthly State Allocations& NYSC Allowance' by bikerboy1(m): 8:10pm On May 15, 2012
[color=#990000]

For what reason?
Re: 'Nigeria Is Cash-strapped,Cant Pay Monthly State Allocations& NYSC Allowance' by Sanguine77(m): 8:17pm On May 15, 2012
Its saddening that things like this are happening at this time of our chequered socio-economic and political history. It is obvious that GEJ was not in the least prepared to preside over Nigeria. He lacks the guts to fight the CABAL perpetuating the seemingly intractable malaise called Corruption and terrorism that are bedevilling this "mere geographical expression". What will the new batch A corpers who are already cash strapped do? Nigeria and all her inhabitants, I the incurable sanguine weeps...
Re: 'Nigeria Is Cash-strapped,Cant Pay Monthly State Allocations& NYSC Allowance' by Abioyeadewale: 8:31pm On May 15, 2012
Nigeria don scatter GEJ God go judge u and ur piple.
Re: 'Nigeria Is Cash-strapped,Cant Pay Monthly State Allocations& NYSC Allowance' by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 15, 2012
As much as I don't trust the source of this information.... I can't blame people for believing the story.
Nigeria has become a land where anything goes.....
Nothing is impossible anymore.

All we here is talk and more talk. nothing is happening.
I really fear for the future of this country. It is gradually nearing its end.....
Re: 'Nigeria Is Cash-strapped,Cant Pay Monthly State Allocations& NYSC Allowance' by knight351(m): 8:53pm On May 15, 2012
Nigeria!!! There are pple who's heads needs 2 b sacrificed 4 us 2 go forward! There's nid 4 cleansing!
Re: 'Nigeria Is Cash-strapped,Cant Pay Monthly State Allocations& NYSC Allowance' by maasoap(m): 8:58pm On May 15, 2012
kobikwelu: and this story is from "sahara reporters"

all i can say is rumour!!!

the only way to discredit a government is spread panic through the media....

and by-the-way, jona is not responsible for depleting our reserves...ITS OUR STATES AND THEIR GOVERNMENT ALLOCATIONS!!!!

even if more money is comming in from subsidy halving and tariffs, all it means is the states recieve more!!!
Like there were not states during OBJ. Do you even know the FG's monthly percentage of the total monthly allocation? FG allocation is higher than that of all 36 states combined together.
Re: 'Nigeria Is Cash-strapped,Cant Pay Monthly State Allocations& NYSC Allowance' by espn(m): 9:04pm On May 15, 2012
Buhari cried for Nigeria..haaa Oloriburuku badluck egbere jonathan..during ur era..boko haram..hike in fuel price..removal of fuel subsidy,increase in power tariff,decline in sporting activities..increase in the level of insecurity and corruption..stagnation..economic decline..financialy straped..dis man is a joker!am sure dey can afford money for senetorian seating allowances..monthly salary of the executive arms of government..feeding in aso rock..na wa oo..am sure dey would b able to afford money to send more niger delta indigene outside the country and pay for amnesty..na wa ooo..Niger don finish!
Re: 'Nigeria Is Cash-strapped,Cant Pay Monthly State Allocations& NYSC Allowance' by Claumy2(m): 9:18pm On May 15, 2012
GEJ and his cabinets are all rogues. They have succeeded in giving the Nigerian citizens the heart break of their lives. I pray that they start dying. No regrets or sympathy if all of them die now.
Re: 'Nigeria Is Cash-strapped,Cant Pay Monthly State Allocations& NYSC Allowance' by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 15, 2012
mykejones: Most times,the idea that am a full blooded Nigerian scares the shit outa me.
even the tone of your post scared me! Funniest line ever on nairaland.
Re: 'Nigeria Is Cash-strapped,Cant Pay Monthly State Allocations& NYSC Allowance' by slimchimex(m): 9:45pm On May 15, 2012
Y?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bayelsa Corper Shot Dead, His Phone And Wallet Stolen (Graphic Photos) / How To Check NYSC Senate Approved List For All Institutions / A thread for corpers posted to Niger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.