Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

I Need Steps On How To Present My Seminar In School. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Need Steps On How To Present My Seminar In School. (14035 Views)

Great Ife Student Union Leaders Is Yet To Present Any Budget. / Steps On How To Apply Nlng Industrial Training Siwes Programme(sharethis) / I Need List Of Topics For My Seminar (b.sc Microbiology) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Steps On How To Present My Seminar In School. by ediko5(m): 10:18pm On May 15, 2012
Hello
I am a final year student in UNICAL. I will present my seminar next week on the topic 'coumarin and its derivatives as a sedative and hypnotic agent'.
I want to know the steps on how to talk on the seminar day. Please note that i do not mean the content of the topic but the steps on how to present seminar.
Thanks for your contributions
Re: I Need Steps On How To Present My Seminar In School. by ediko5(m): 1:15pm On May 17, 2012
I'l b glad 2 hear 4rm you.
Re: I Need Steps On How To Present My Seminar In School. by TheArbiter: 3:11pm On May 18, 2012
Dont know what u actually mean but let me try to express my understanding of ur request:

1. Be smartly dressed in an attire that allows u to breath deeply and easily and be able to move your arms freely.

2. Take deep breaths as you step up to the podium and plant a smile on your face as you face the audience.

3. Start with the usual protocol to professors, examiner, staff, students and general audience and wish them a good morning or afternoon as the case may be.

4. Welcome them to your presentation titled.., supervised by....

5. Talk to the audience with a firm voice about your project, make sure you look in a random manner at faces in the audience (make eye contact for 1 second or 2) as if you are talking singularly to them (this is the most difficult part) without making slip ups.

6. Make simple descriptive gestures when u explain but take good care not to make it excessive or point at the audience or make obscene or abusive gestures.

7. Talk with deliberation, not too fast and not slow. Display the same amount of confidence u exhibit when u order ur meals at Mr biggs or chicken licking

8. Dont elaborate unless necessary. The questions at end of the presentation will take care of misunderstood areas.

9. If u feel you are running short of breath, pause at a full stop and deliberately take a look at your slide or papers while u take 2 rapid breaths and then continue. If u are a sweater make sure u hav a handkerchief ready at hand to wipe your face.

10. Thank them for listening at end and stand with your arms at your sides while you breath slowly as u await the questions to come.

11. Thank each questioner for his question and look straight at him when answering it. Make sure u quote references where applicable to support your statements.

12. For practical questions state that u used standard methods and quote the method name (e.g AOCS 45) and make sure u have ready answers for sources of errors, sampling decisions and choice of chemicals.

13. When you encounter difficult questions quickly refer to your scope and see whether it covers it. If it wasnt, confidently say it was not covered. If it is covered by your scope but u omitted it, look at your supervisor for assistance. If he declines to assist then do ur best to answer the question if u can. Give reasons for the omission. A likely good answer is lack of equipment.

14. To successfully pull off all the above you must have a good grasp of ur project content and its organization for the presentation, a good diction and command of the English language. I would urge u to practise wit friends and 1 or 2 strangers staring at u (for audience).

Good luck

2 Likes

Re: I Need Steps On How To Present My Seminar In School. by ediko5(m): 9:29pm On May 18, 2012
@ Arbiter, i tank you very much for your advice and teachings. I have rili learnt alot from your post
Thanks
Re: I Need Steps On How To Present My Seminar In School. by sammyenergy(m): 5:45am On Jan 17, 2016
Dis teaching is lovely

(1) (Reply)

Federal Poly Nekede Finnally Releases 2011/2012 First Admission List Online / Strike: Refusing Further Negotiations With FG Is Develish, NANS Tells ASUU / I Wrote UTME 7 Times – LASU Best Graduating Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.