Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Senate Foreclosed Help For 16 Nigerians On Death Row In Indonesia - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Foreclosed Help For 16 Nigerians On Death Row In Indonesia (9312 Views)

"How APC Destroyed Nigeria For 16 Years" / Zahra Buhari On DEATH PENALTY For Corruption/treasury Looting (photo) / Soldiers On Death Row Starved In Underground Cell —falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Foreclosed Help For 16 Nigerians On Death Row In Indonesia by GODBLESSU1: 9:39pm On May 16, 2012
I will not use bad words on u. But At list u should Learn hw to respect others opinion. Don't think that u are better than those people there.

Rhino.5dm:
^
Spoken like a drug dealer. How many grams of coke have you smuggled? I wish I could exchange you with one of these guys on death raw and free the world from cretins. SHM
Re: Senate Foreclosed Help For 16 Nigerians On Death Row In Indonesia by Rhino5dm: 9:48pm On May 16, 2012
Not when the opinon is made out of extreme daftness. Look you fool, don't just do drugs in Asia. I don't have sympathy for moro'ns. SSMH!

GOD_BLESS_U: I will not use bad words on u. But At list u should Learn hw to respect others opinion. Don't think that u are better than those people there.

Re: Senate Foreclosed Help For 16 Nigerians On Death Row In Indonesia by GODBLESSU1: 9:52pm On May 16, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Not when the opinon is made out of extreme daftness. Look you fool, don't just do drugs in Asia. I don't have sympathy for moro'ns. SSMH!

Like i said before i won't use bad words on u. A word is a enough for the wise. u should learn hw to respect others opinion.
Re: Senate Foreclosed Help For 16 Nigerians On Death Row In Indonesia by Rhino5dm: 10:02pm On May 16, 2012

GOD_KILL_U:

Like i said before i won't use bad words on u. A word is a enough for the wise. u should learn hw to respect others opinion.
Re: Senate Foreclosed Help For 16 Nigerians On Death Row In Indonesia by nagoma(m): 10:20pm On May 16, 2012
Are they all Igbo's ? These Indonesians ! Why are they against Igbos ?
Re: Senate Foreclosed Help For 16 Nigerians On Death Row In Indonesia by Afam4eva(m): 10:50pm On May 16, 2012
nagoma: Are they all Igbo's ? These Indonesians ! Why are they against Igbos ?
Igbos constitute 90% of Nigerians who travel to Asia, so it's expected. if you go to London and some other places, it will be a different case.
Re: Senate Foreclosed Help For 16 Nigerians On Death Row In Indonesia by dayokanu(m): 11:47pm On May 16, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/22123/1/18-nigerians-face-execution-in-indonesia.html

HHmmm.. this smells of a setup by the Yarobas Prison Commander. his mother must be from Osun state angry

1: Kingsley Okonkwo
2: Michael Titus Igwe (Real name-Izuchukwu F. Ezimoha)
3: Uchenna Cajethan Onyenworo
4: Ekperedike S. Olekama
5: Adam Wilson (real name-Emmanuel Okari)
6: Hillary K. Chimezie
7: Eugene Ape
8: Humphery Ejike.
9: Okwudili Ayotaeze
10: Obinna Nwajiagu
11: Daniel Enemuo
12: Fredrick Lutter (Real name-Benjamin Obiora)
13: Sylvester Nwaolisa
14: Gabriel Nnadi
15: Dennis Anumona
16: Ikenna Ezenwune
17: Stephen Rashid at least dey got one yaroba- i think he is half Mbaise though angry
18: Joseph Ndaba
19: Ken Michael
20: Obinna George

That Stephed rasheed sef fit no be Yoruba, Many Edo and middle belt dey bear names like that cos na mixture of Xtian and islamic name

BTW Ndyibo Kwenu, Kwezeonu
Re: Senate Foreclosed Help For 16 Nigerians On Death Row In Indonesia by docokwy(m): 11:51pm On May 16, 2012
I support David Mark here. Those who have been found guilty (after fair trial) of defiling the law of the land should be punished accordingly. I do not care which tribe they belong in.

1 Like

Re: Senate Foreclosed Help For 16 Nigerians On Death Row In Indonesia by Butoneday2(m): 12:03am On May 17, 2012
Zap....u...all...bunch of elements...i mean david mark & co.
Re: Senate Foreclosed Help For 16 Nigerians On Death Row In Indonesia by Nobody: 12:14am On May 17, 2012
kolnel: @ 991,
Please give us more insight into ur issue. So we can learn from ur mistake.
Cheers.

the mistake was never mine dear, in fact the only mistake i made was contacting the useless nigerian consulate in turkey. the story is very long sha but as the case went on, i was finally deported because my business visa expired during the unlawful/intimidating detention, on my deportation day, instead of deporting me in Turkish Airline that i came with, i was loaded in an Egyptian Air with some other nigerians waiting deportation, now on reaching to cairo Airport we were told that no flight was scheduled to go lagos that day so we had to stay in the cairo airport cell for 2days, my brother that 2days was a nightmare. i dont want to talk about this because it brings in negative vibrations to my mind. like African China said, "we don't have a govt." david mark and co are just politicians minding there own bizness.
Re: Senate Foreclosed Help For 16 Nigerians On Death Row In Indonesia by ril19(m): 1:51am On May 17, 2012
I can bet on everything i have that these same men in their capacities won't even ardously work to aid a legitimate Nigerian who finds himself in trouble in a foreign country. They've proven this severally in the past. The same Nigerian government will only prosecute n jail a drug-offending Indonesian for only a few years and next, set him free again. What a pity for a country as ours!
Re: Senate Foreclosed Help For 16 Nigerians On Death Row In Indonesia by miky(m): 2:22am On May 17, 2012
Esejojo: Its really sad how some folks justify drug-related crimes by Nigerians in foreign lands to the situation of things back in Nigeria.

Any Nigerian that has enough finance to travel to Asia, Europe or the Americas - definitely have enough finance to start up some form of business in Nigeria. Besides, hard drugs that are traded by these Nigerians are acquired with a substantial amount of funds. There is no justification for trading in narcotics!

Good one bros, we live in self denial thats the case.. Our highly celebrated white oyinbo governor Lord Lugard grin said

" In character and temperament, the typical African of this race-type is a happy, thriftless, excitable person. Lacking in self control, discipline, and foresight. Naturally courageous, and naturally courteous and polite, full of personal vanity, with little sense of veracity, fond of music and loving weapons as an oriental loves jewellery. His thoughts are concentrated on the events and feelings of the moment, and [b]he suffers little from the apprehension for the future, or grief for the past. His mind is far nearer to the anim[/b]al world than that of the European or Asiatic, and exhibits something of the animals’ placidity and want of desire to rise beyond the State he has reached"

As if they aren't other poor people in the world, Indonesia should just ban them from coming to their country..
Re: Senate Foreclosed Help For 16 Nigerians On Death Row In Indonesia by OCCULTIST(m): 4:02am On May 17, 2012
@God Bless You: what you said about Thailand is not true,Nigerians are freely moving around without any intimidation by anyone,except those Drug dealers and Fraudstars who are giving Nigeria a very bad name. Right now there are 1,506 Nigerians and 750 Ghanians In Thailand Jail all for two reasons Drug and Fraud,even ghana guys are also called Nigerians in Thailand,so that is why they announce 2,256 Nigerians in Thailand Jail,but there are also many good Nigerians and ghanians living peacefully in Thailand with Thai Wives and children,some are students no one is harrassing them.

People should get their informations right before posting. Nigeria is not the only country that has no employment for its youths,why are thess guys giving away their God giving life so easily for drug and fraud? And giving other Good meaning Nigerians a bad name in the world?

For your information,in Thailand drug offence is death no mercy,but they will first put you in Jail for 2 to 5 years so your people will come to try to bail you by paying the police hug sum of money,the police uses this as thier way of making money before giving you to their Tigers to enjoy if they do not want to waste their bullet on you.
Re: Senate Foreclosed Help For 16 Nigerians On Death Row In Indonesia by OCCULTIST(m): 4:12am On May 17, 2012
@God Bless You: what you said about Thailand is not true,Nigerians are freely moving around without any intimidation by anyone,except those Drug dealers and Fraudstars who are giving Nigeria a very bad name. Right now there are 1,506 Nigerians and 750 Ghanians In Thailand Jail all for two reasons Drug and Fraud,even ghana guys are also called Nigerians in Thailand,so that is why they announce 2,256 Nigerians in Thailand Jail,but there are also many good Nigerians and ghanians living peacefully in Thailand with Thai Wives and children,some are students no one is harrassing them.

People should get their informations right before posting. Nigeria is not the only country that has no employment for its youths,why are thess guys giving away their God giving life so easily for drug and fraud? And giving other Good meaning Nigerians a bad name in the world?

For your information,in Thailand drug offence is death no mercy,but they will first put you in Jail for 2 to 5 years so your people will come to try to bail you by paying the police hug sum of money,the police uses this as thier way of making money before giving you to their Tigers to enjoy if they do not want to waste their bullet on you.
Re: Senate Foreclosed Help For 16 Nigerians On Death Row In Indonesia by OCCULTIST(m): 4:18am On May 17, 2012

Re: Senate Foreclosed Help For 16 Nigerians On Death Row In Indonesia by zizfab: 5:01am On May 17, 2012
Its pretty funny. Nigeria is a dead and buried country.....its too infortunate that most of us were born at this time and era.....those guys should be allowed to face the music....dey were driven by greed....
Re: Senate Foreclosed Help For 16 Nigerians On Death Row In Indonesia by Arextex(m): 6:04am On May 17, 2012
Was just wondering why there ain't Somalis, Eritreans,Ethiopians and other poorer nations in Indonesian jails on drug related offence (in large numbers though). If the theory of the country's condition is the reason being alluded to here?
Re: Senate Foreclosed Help For 16 Nigerians On Death Row In Indonesia by GODBLESSU1: 7:40am On May 17, 2012
Brother i did my research before posting it out here, like i said if you know anybody in Bangkok ask him/her what i said here. Allot of Nigeria guys are inside prison for nothing. Don't try to defend without finding out what i said. Go and do your research after that you can respond to my post.

OCCULTIST: @God Bless You: what you said about Thailand is not true,Nigerians are freely moving around without any intimidation by anyone,except those Drug dealers and Fraudstars who are giving Nigeria a very bad name. Right now there are 1,506 Nigerians and 750 Ghanians In Thailand Jail all for two reasons Drug and Fraud,even ghana guys are also called Nigerians in Thailand,so that is why they announce 2,256 Nigerians in Thailand Jail,but there are also many good Nigerians and ghanians living peacefully in Thailand with Thai Wives and children,some are students no one is harrassing them.

Re: Senate Foreclosed Help For 16 Nigerians On Death Row In Indonesia by GODBLESSU1: 7:41am On May 17, 2012
Brother i did my research before posting it out here, like i said if you know anybody in Bangkok ask him/her what i said here. Allot of Nigeria guys are inside prison for nothing. Don't try to defend without finding out what i said. Go and do your research after that you can respond to my post.

OCCULTIST: @God Bless You: what you said about Thailand is not true,Nigerians are freely moving around without any intimidation by anyone,except those Drug dealers and Fraudstars who are giving Nigeria a very bad name. Right now there are 1,506 Nigerians and 750 Ghanians In Thailand Jail all for two reasons Drug and Fraud,even ghana guys are also called Nigerians in Thailand,so that is why they announce 2,256 Nigerians in Thailand Jail,but there are also many good Nigerians and ghanians living peacefully in Thailand with Thai Wives and children,some are students no one is harrassing them.

Re: Senate Foreclosed Help For 16 Nigerians On Death Row In Indonesia by GODBLESSU1: 7:42am On May 17, 2012
Its David Mark Innocent?

docokwy: I support David Mark here. Those who have been found guilty (after fair trial) of defiling the law of the land should be punished accordingly. I do not care which tribe they belong in.
Re: Senate Foreclosed Help For 16 Nigerians On Death Row In Indonesia by nagoma(m): 8:37am On May 17, 2012
Arextex: Was just wondering why there ain't Somalis, Eritreans,Ethiopians and other poorer nations in Indonesian jails on drug related offence (in large numbers though). If the theory of the country's condition is the reason being alluded to here?

And why are there no other Nigerian tribes than the well known greedy criminals? Let's call a spade a spade , no beating about the bush . The Igbo elders have to talk to their youth.
Re: Senate Foreclosed Help For 16 Nigerians On Death Row In Indonesia by GODBLESSU1: 9:17am On May 17, 2012
Wow, someone is talking here, i think ur elders has given u advice to be bombing churches and killing innocent souls. Your tribe don't need elders advice because ur elders are also the same. What you guys need is psychologist to bring u guys back to human.

nagoma:

And why are there no other Nigerian tribes than the well known greedy criminals? Let's call a spade a spde , no beating about the bush . The Igbo elders have to talk to their youth.
Re: Senate Foreclosed Help For 16 Nigerians On Death Row In Indonesia by GODBLESSU1: 9:24am On May 17, 2012
YOU GUYS SHOULD READ THIS BEFORE POSTING NONSENSE HERE

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/22123/1/18-nigerians-face-execution-in-indonesia.html

He disclosed that most of the convicts, who are currently languishing in Nusakambagan Island prisons in Jarkata and other parts of Indonesia, were arrested shortly on arrival to the country and without them hearing Indonesian language, they were sentenced to death, without allowing them to take plea or have fair representation from legal practitioners.

Giving an instance of one of the convicts who was arrested with an Indonesian who had since been released, and another one who was arrested in a hotel where a bag of heroin was dumped by unknown persons, who was later arrested, the human rights lawyer saidthe worst part of the whole issue was that the Indonesian government said for their cases to be reviewed, each of the convicts must pay between $15,000 to $20,000 US Dollars.
Re: Senate Foreclosed Help For 16 Nigerians On Death Row In Indonesia by achi4u(m): 10:30am On May 17, 2012
@OCCULTIC,u've painted a horrofying image here.
So,they feed their tigers with live human if they don't want to waste their bullet.
I won't even try that area
Re: Senate Foreclosed Help For 16 Nigerians On Death Row In Indonesia by nagoma(m): 11:17am On May 17, 2012
GOD_BLESS_U: Wow, someone is talking here, i think ur elders has given u advice to be bombing churches and killing innocent souls. Your tribe don't need elders advice because ur elders are also the same. What you guys need is psychologist to bring u guys back to human.

Keep avoiding the facts, there is nothing new in the link. The whining of a supporter or friend is always expected but all countries have explicit laws and enforce them ( except Nigeria). These people must stop their criminal trade. They are making our bad country- Nigeria - look even worse and they are losing their lives in the process. Biko , please please stop it. Daalu.
Re: Senate Foreclosed Help For 16 Nigerians On Death Row In Indonesia by Limaoscar: 11:43am On May 17, 2012
Ordinarily, I will support Mark. But A lot of them there (in the Assembly, and the executive) are committing worse offences and doing more damage to the future of the country than the drug traffickers.
I dont support drug related offences, but a lot of these young men and women were pushed into the trade in order to "make it", because the country as being run by David Mark & CO offers them no hope for a decent life for them and their families.

So do you go and steal from your neighbors because your parents are not feeding you well?.Notice the connotation ...to "make it" is not the same as "making ends meet". How come they must be "pushed" into that sort of trade rather than be pushed into discovering the bound-less God-given gifts within them.... Many other Nigerians have not compromised themselves... People work in steakhouses, serve as security men, drive cabs, clean the streets...etc, that for me is something you can do for a while and plan for the future and a better way to be pushed so you can propel yourself rather than the instant....death row some of them rush to get because of greed!
Re: Senate Foreclosed Help For 16 Nigerians On Death Row In Indonesia by Skoopy(m): 12:38pm On May 17, 2012
GOD_BLESS_U: Some guys here a very foolish and stupid in their comments. Nigeria is a failed nation, u hav to accept it, a country only the politician’s control everything, tell me how the masses will survive. If Nigeria is good, no one will think of traveling out, its only frustration that make people think of traveling out. Meanwhile tell me how they find out that those guys really committed the crime. In Asia no human right, ur lawyer can never come to court to defend u, if he/she does, ur sentence will be higher than expected, they bring their own lawyer for u and do whatever they pleases. I should have expected the Senate President to use legal action on this issue, to find out if this people really committed the crime, most of them maybe innocent. if U knows anybody in Thailand. U asks the person who is Nwarapoo, he is A Thailand origin, an area boy in Bangkok, what he does here is to intimidate our people. If he sees u on the road he will hold u with his boys, they will start beating u once they saw that u are from Nigeria, demanding money from u, if u do not give them anything they will put drug for u, and take u to police station, ur case is finish, 4 or 8 years. This is what they are doing to Nigerians in Asia. Mr. Mark and Nigeria government should learn hw to defend her Citizen. I could remember few years back, an American Citizen killed somebody in Japan, immediately the government of US presents their self for it immediately. Many Nigerians all over the world is suffering the same thing, humiliation, our Ambassadors is not doing their job at all. Nigeria should learn how to defend her Citizen.
Share more of ur experience in Thailand with us, it's an oops i guess.
Re: Senate Foreclosed Help For 16 Nigerians On Death Row In Indonesia by badesco(m): 2:29pm On May 17, 2012
2mch:
................................................................ grin lipsrsealed. If we talk now dem go hide the post. E be like dey all of them don disappear. Dem no wan state the obvious.

From the list published does it means it is only the igbos that are Most desperate and drug lords in Naija?
I advise the senate to stay clear of this and made them to face the music, if it is death,let it be and it would serve as a deterrent to others that are planning to do so. Igbo and Money sha........
Re: Senate Foreclosed Help For 16 Nigerians On Death Row In Indonesia by cindyrella(f): 3:54pm On May 17, 2012
If they did the crime they should do the time!!

I will advice the senate to let them face the music. This will serve as a lesson to others....
Re: Senate Foreclosed Help For 16 Nigerians On Death Row In Indonesia by Nobody: 8:20am On May 18, 2012
lol OP couldn't find a better picture of the man? grin

Esejojo: Its really sad how some folks justify drug-related crimes by Nigerians in foreign lands to the situation of things back in Nigeria.

Any Nigerian that has enough finance to travel to Asia, Europe or the Americas - definitely have enough finance to start up some form of business in Nigeria. Besides, hard drugs that are traded by these Nigerians are acquired with a substantial amount of funds. There is no justification for trading in narcotics!

well said. cool

Arextex: Was just wondering why there ain't Somalis, Eritreans,Ethiopians and other poorer nations in Indonesian jails on drug related offence (in large numbers though). If the theory of the country's condition is the reason being alluded to here?

Good question.
Re: Senate Foreclosed Help For 16 Nigerians On Death Row In Indonesia by Bastiger(m): 9:33am On May 18, 2012
[quote

author=free2ryhme][img]http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/thumbnail.php?file=ditor_Senate_President_David_Mark_NEW_636462956.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]

The
Senate yesterday foreclosed further intervention in the case of over
300 Nigerians in Indonesia prisons.

About 16 of them are said to be on the death row for drug-related
offences.

Senate President David Mark gave an indication of the lawmakers’
helplessness to help the prisoners at plenary yesterday.

He noted that Nigerians who smear the name of the country should be left
to their fate whenever they are caught.

The Chairman, Committee on Foreign Affairs, Matthew Nwagwu, had drawn
the attention of the Senate to the plight of over 300 Nigerians in
Indonesian prisons.

Nwagwu, who spoke under matters of urgent national importance, noted
that there was “disturbing and shocking news of over 300 Nigerians held
in Indonesian prisons”.

The lawmaker specifically told the Senate that about 16 of them are on
the death row and could be killed any moment.

He said there has been public outcry about the situation.

Nwagwu said: “I have already called the Minister of Foreign Affairs and
he assured me that he would get in touch with our mission in Jakarta,
the Indonesian capital. Though he was of the opinion that most of the
issues relate to drugs and drug related offences. So, Mr. President, I
suggest we invite the Minister of Foreign Affairs to come and address
the Senate on the issue. Let us know what is happening and what could be
done to, if possible, review some of the cases.”

The Senate, Mark said, had sent a delegation to Indonesia after adopting
a motion by Senator Uche Chukwumerije on the matter.

“Mark said: “We sent a delegation to Indonesia, Singapore and China. The
delegation brought back a report, saying all of them on death row were
people involved in drug trafficking. We were told that all those on
death row had exhausted all legal options available to them and it was
only our intervention that stopped them from being killed.

“If they are still alive, then they should thank their God.”

The Senate President said Nigerians “who go and break laws in other
countries should not expect us to protect them”.

He added: “We will not allow any Nigerian to be maltreated outside this
country. We can even go to war for one Nigerian, if he is unfairly
treated. But Nigerians who go out and carry drugs should know the risk
they are taking. So, we will not protect them.

“I think there is a clear line between a honest, genuine Nigerian, who
is out there doing his honest job in accordance with the laws and
regulations of the country, and those who go there to smear the name of
Nigeria. That we will not take...”

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/46766-no-help-for-16-nigerians-on-death-row-in-indonesia-says-senate.html[/quote]

very funny indeed indeed,anyways nigerian caught doing drugs should go in for it.but i dnt see u guys in govt going to war 4 just one nigerian when there is so much more to loot.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download The Authentic Petroleum Industry Bill 2012 / Subsidy Bribe: Pressure On Police To Charge Otedola With Lawan / Cabinet Shakeup Looms In Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.