Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

White Beans And Red/brown Beans. Which Is Richer? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / White Beans And Red/brown Beans. Which Is Richer? (16848 Views)

Learn How To Cook Beans And Save The Cost Of Kerosene / That Perfect Plate Of Beans And Yam To Spend My Vals Day With / Fried And Boiled Egg Which Is Richer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

White Beans And Red/brown Beans. Which Is Richer? by nitrogen(m): 9:53am On May 16, 2012
Please, Which is richer, nutritionist tells us that white is richer than the other type of beans.
Re: White Beans And Red/brown Beans. Which Is Richer? by PrettyCindy(f): 6:57am On May 17, 2012
Will have to check wikipedia and compare the nutritional constituents of both to know which is richer.
Personally i prefer brown beans because it taste better than white beans.

1 Like

Re: White Beans And Red/brown Beans. Which Is Richer? by nitrogen(m): 2:26pm On May 17, 2012
PrettyCindy: Will have to check wikipedia and compare the nutritional constituents of both to know which is richer.
Personally i prefer brown beans because it taste better than white beans.
Unarguably, the brown/red beans taste better but the main is, which is richer?

1 Like

Re: White Beans And Red/brown Beans. Which Is Richer? by Seun(m): 2:30pm On May 17, 2012
The better tasting one is more likely to nourish you because you will probably eat more of it. wink

1 Like

Re: White Beans And Red/brown Beans. Which Is Richer? by ronkebp(f): 2:32pm On May 17, 2012
I will say the red/brown beans is richer.

1 Like

Re: White Beans And Red/brown Beans. Which Is Richer? by nitrogen(m): 5:24pm On May 17, 2012
Seun: The better tasting one is more likely to nourish you because you will probably eat more of it. wink
ronkebp: I will say the red/brown beans is richer.
I quite dissagree with both of you, i hope nutritionists on n/l see this and comment.
Re: White Beans And Red/brown Beans. Which Is Richer? by MissyB3(f): 10:12pm On May 17, 2012
Seun: The better tasting one is more likely to nourish you because you will probably eat more of it. wink
Ehn? undecided
The nourishment of a food - with regard to its richness in nutrient (which the poster is interested in)- is not determined by its taste.

Topic : After a thorough google search, I can say the red beans is more nutritious, and has more calories.

1 Like

Re: White Beans And Red/brown Beans. Which Is Richer? by nitrogen(m): 11:48pm On May 17, 2012
Missy_B:
Ehn? undecided
The nourishment of a food - with regard to its richness in nutrient (which the poster is interested in)- is not determined by its taste.

Topic : After a thorough goggle search, I can say the red beans is more nutritious, and has more calories.
mmmmh
Re: White Beans And Red/brown Beans. Which Is Richer? by lepasharon(f): 2:38am On May 18, 2012
ewa oloyin
Re: White Beans And Red/brown Beans. Which Is Richer? by sisiafrika(f): 5:40pm On Jan 08, 2015
ronkebp:
I will say the red/brown beans is richer.
the white one is the deal. The red/brown ones were engineering in laboratory, yeah, breeding. Genetically modified foods are not good for the health. The natural one which is white is the best. There are many reasons for genetically modified breeds(secondary school Agric sci lecture) but research has shown that they are bad for the health. Same way local fowls are better than broilers and the so called 'Agric' fowl. Repetition for the sake of emphasis.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa / Jollof Rice Lesson Please / Union Protests Ban On Sachet Alcohol In Abuja, Gives NAFDAC 14 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.