Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,421 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

RIOT In Anambra State University (ANSU) Uli Over School Fees - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / RIOT In Anambra State University (ANSU) Uli Over School Fees (16615 Views)

Riot In Lasu ... SUG Protesting Against Lagos Agberos / ANSU Uli Doing Riot Over School Fees Increase / Ansu,uli Nxt Admision List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RIOT In Anambra State University (ANSU) Uli Over School Fees by nairamobile: 9:02am On May 21, 2012
two wrongs dont make a right
Re: RIOT In Anambra State University (ANSU) Uli Over School Fees by Faithnn: 9:06am On May 21, 2012
Nobody is supporting non payment of school fees,but all we should knw is that wheather school fees or not there is state budget for payment of salaries of workers in the state.The school fees is just internally generated revenue from the state.There is a monthlty federal allocation to the state from the federation account which covers the payment of workers salary in the state outside the school fees.Stopping a student from writing his/her exams is ridiculus by the school mgt.All the school mgt should have done is to allow them write exam and their results will not be release until prove of payment of school fee.There are a lot of students whose parents are facing d/f period,others may hve lost their sponsor to the cold hands of death,while some must have misused their school fees,but not stopping them from writing exams.The Govt of this country nigeria dont have any future for the youth.What is wrong with free education or susidising the fees?.
Re: RIOT In Anambra State University (ANSU) Uli Over School Fees by chumafresh(m): 9:24am On May 21, 2012
callydon:
situation Update...
Unconfirmed reports say dat d Students Affairs Block has jst being set ablaze.
I'll confirm dis when I get to skool in d morning. But one thing is certain for now. D Students are certainly NOT happy.
Dis Happened last week wednesday..OLd News
Re: RIOT In Anambra State University (ANSU) Uli Over School Fees by Tinynita(f): 9:35am On May 21, 2012
chumafresh: Dis Happened last week wednesday..OLd News
didn't u c d date he posted it?
Re: RIOT In Anambra State University (ANSU) Uli Over School Fees by Cupidkc(m): 9:39am On May 21, 2012
Gombs: OP Sharap ya mouth...Sometimes i wonder what kind of hamlet you crawled out from,i know it's a pigsty,but it beats me where it's located...WHY WOULD YOU GUYS RIOT because you guys were sent out of halls for non payment of fees?...Do u think d university runs as a charity foundation?Others that paid r they stupid?If d fees were 'too' high,u guys would have suggested half payment per semester...Rather than either losing months at home due to school locked down,or instant carry over and hell yeah,you'd still pay that same fee...I hope you have 2extra years after u mates have graduated...It beats my imagination when a delusioned few would want to drag everybody backwards with them..*now,if u r in solidarity wit them,which of course u r,then you're a shame.If u r not...Ignore d above post...#no offence intended,just putting my view in d best way possible

guy u hv a foul mouth...hw cud a once undergraduate(dts if u were one) say ugly things as u hv done. Remember d sch didnt giv dm rum 4part payment and the fee ws increased by 92%. Its totally unfair simple.
Re: RIOT In Anambra State University (ANSU) Uli Over School Fees by wirewire(m): 9:47am On May 21, 2012
purpinkx: I Pay N95,800 In CRUTECH CRS ... Yet We Dont Riot ... Urs Should Be Below N50,000 ... U Pple are Ars٤٠h٥les ... Thank God I dnt Attend That Silly Aluta meeting ... ScrΞw U ... U Deserve Public Caning ... Gosh ... Feeling Like Puking
so because your popsi can afford to pay for your fucking stupid school fees,on that your nonsense retarded glorified secondary school,you can silly come out to abuse those who cant, that shows how retareded and dull your superior school has turned you.i dont see any reason why the school should not allow them to take there exams, which they must still pay their school fees before graduating and going for service. they tried it at imsu we shut the school down, infact we closed down owerri,pursued the police and the mobiles, go and ask, during ohakims govt. aluta continua!
Re: RIOT In Anambra State University (ANSU) Uli Over School Fees by greall1: 9:47am On May 21, 2012
aluta take it easy many have gone and many are still coming to campus.
Re: RIOT In Anambra State University (ANSU) Uli Over School Fees by wirewire(m): 9:48am On May 21, 2012
Cupidkc:

guy u hv a foul mouth...hw cud a once undergraduate(dts if u were one) say ugly things as u hv done. Remember d sch didnt giv dm rum 4part payment and the fee ws increased by 92%. Its totally unfair simple.
dont mind the fucking illiterate.
Re: RIOT In Anambra State University (ANSU) Uli Over School Fees by Tinynita(f): 9:48am On May 21, 2012
As a new student of d dept of Nursing Science in ABSU, all ur fees u r meant 2 pay is ntin less than #300,000 just for 1 session excluding accomodation oh.
I wonder wat all these eastern states universities r turning in2.
God help us
Re: RIOT In Anambra State University (ANSU) Uli Over School Fees by demoore1(m): 9:52am On May 21, 2012
callydon: Situation Update...
Yes d Students Affairs Unit was burnt yesterday night.
Now b4 U cross d skool gate U MUST show ur students Id card and Skool fees receipt.

Go and pay your schoolfees my man.. If we want Nigeria to be good it must start from you students. So many people during my days in school did not pay school fees even once and forged recipt after that and graduated. Can you teach your child not to pay school fee?? This is the bane of corruption in naigeria and we are all busy pointing fingers to our leaders.
Re: RIOT In Anambra State University (ANSU) Uli Over School Fees by Funkymallam(m): 9:59am On May 21, 2012
How much is the sch fees?
Re: RIOT In Anambra State University (ANSU) Uli Over School Fees by Cupidkc(m): 10:03am On May 21, 2012
Faithnn: Nobody is supporting non payment of school fees,but all we should knw is that wheather school fees or not there is state budget for payment of salaries of workers in the state.The school fees is just internally generated revenue from the state.There is a monthlty federal allocation to the state from the federation account which covers the payment of workers salary in the state outside the school fees.Stopping a student from writing his/her exams is ridiculus by the school mgt.All the school mgt should have done is to allow them write exam and their results will not be release until prove of payment of school fee.There are a lot of students whose parents are facing d/f period,others may hve lost their sponsor to the cold hands of death,while some must have misused their school fees,but not stopping them from writing exams.The Govt of this country nigeria dont have any future for the youth.What is wrong with free education or susidising the fees?.

well said...The last time I checked,you can also sit for your exams in IMSU & ABSU. It might also interest you all to know that in FUTO as at 3years ago,one can pay ALL his/her school fees in his FINAL year. So the idea of not allowing ANSU students to write exams is simply wicked. Our Gov. Peter Obi is wacked.
Re: RIOT In Anambra State University (ANSU) Uli Over School Fees by Cupidkc(m): 10:12am On May 21, 2012
Tinynita: As a new student of d dept of Nursing Science in ABSU, all ur fees u r meant 2 pay is ntin less than #300,000 just for 1 session excluding accomodation oh.
I wonder wat all these eastern states universities r turning in2.
God help us

Be strong,the system is corrupt. Abia still ranks the best in all negative things. Mtcheew
Re: RIOT In Anambra State University (ANSU) Uli Over School Fees by OkijaPriest: 10:42am On May 21, 2012
elbukaze: It's only in Anambra state University i si dat students can't fight for their right, after the whole incident, osy d dean of student affairs send me away from Exam hall, neglecting d written note from my HOD, i've missed two papers now. I gues it time we disarm dose police in school front and stop d exam entirely. Aluta continua, victoria acerta

I have so much pity for you!! YES!! Its the likes of you that grow up, use thuggery to join politics and start talking about enforcing ficticious rights that you have cooked up from the air..

What Fhucking right do you speak of sir?!

You havent paid your bloody fees and you have the balls to talk about rights?!! What course are you even studying?! How did you even gain admission because the topic in question is a simple logical issue.. You didnt pay your fees (for which you are wrong), you got barred from writting/entering the examination halls (for which the school is right), you and your goons go on destroying school property (which is a crime for which you should be in jail for), and you are here talking about right and disarming a Poice officer (which by the way is a federal offence)...

May God have mercy on your soul and the future generation cos if you become a leader with this mindset, na your type dey employ thugs to kill and maim opponents and subvert justice..

callydon: For those who are justifying d sending out of students 4rm exam hall b'cos of skool fees,I av one question 4U.If U are a finalist n for some reason COMPLETELY beyond ur help U cud nt PAY ur skool fees n U were sent out. Do U knw dat means Automatic EXTRA YEAR n at d end of it all,U'll still be expected to pay d fees even after it had cost u an EXTRA year...
4rm my own point of view, its nt fair n its nt right.
After all U'll still pay all outstanding fees b4 ur clearance.

Let me start by addressing two words you used in this rubbish you wrote "Fair" and "right"..

Is it fair for the school to drive you out of the examination hall for non-payment of fees?! The answer is NO!!! It isnt fair for the school to do that.. Just as it isnt fair for a Landlord to kick his tenant who has defaulted of rent out of the house, same way it isnt fair for the government to demolish the house of a man built illegally, also as it isnt fair for the Police to tow a mans vehicle that is parked wrongly on the side of the road.. The truth is that many things that are done against us as a result of our inadequacies/short-comings are not fair..

BUT!!!

Is it right for the school to kick you out for not paying your fees?! YES SIR!!!! They are within their rights to evict you for non-payment of fees, just as they should arrest you all for malicious damages and disrupting the peace of the University. The school needs the money.. Wether you are in your final year, or first year, it just goes to show you that there are consequences for your actions.. A friend of mine in my school days in Ghana got held back for a year because he didnt meet up on his fee payment before the set deadline.. Now he had written his final examinations o!! all that was left was convocation and collection of certificate.. The dealine was set for 3 weeks before convocation.. his fees were paid 3 days after the set deadline.. He not only didnt make the convocation, but his certificate read that he was held back for one year... That isnt fair and in some cases could be interpreted as being wicked, but the rules are the rules... I'm sorry..

In this subject matter, you have absolutely no right to nothing and should be pleading for leniency rather than standing on a high horse to change a wrong into 'your right'.

Faithnn: Nobody is supporting non payment of school fees,but all we should knw is that wheather school fees or not there is state budget for payment of salaries of workers in the state.The school fees is just internally generated revenue from the state.There is a monthlty federal allocation to the state from the federation account which covers the payment of workers salary in the state outside the school fees.Stopping a student from writing his/her exams is ridiculus by the school mgt.All the school mgt should have done is to allow them write exam and their results will not be release until prove of payment of school fee.There are a lot of students whose parents are facing d/f period,others may hve lost their sponsor to the cold hands of death,while some must have misused their school fees,but not stopping them from writing exams.The Govt of this country nigeria dont have any future for the youth.What is wrong with free education or susidising the fees?.

Another pile of flaming horse manure..

We all have a sob story to back up every problem...

At 50,000 Naira for a university education, that is dirt fhucking cheap... Whats wrong with free education is that whatever is free, tends to lose its real and true value.. The government of this nation have ruined the nation with free this and free that for everything.. We killed Nitel by subsidising the rates of calls and today, Nitel is so dead that it cant even be raised even after privatisation.. The refineries are dead today because of subsidy... The basic education system as well is dead because of free education.. The school should and does reserves the right to stop a student from writing an examination should they fail to meet the terms and conditions for studying in the school amongst which is the staedy and prompt payment of all outstanding fees.. And inasmuch as the salaries of the teachers are paid by the government, where do you suppose the money for school supplies comes from?! How do you suppose the school buys, manages and repairs their equipments, cars and other things necessary for for a university to run properly?! Stationaries and all?! If you want free education, get a fhucking scholarship, if you are not bright enough to get a scholarship, then be ready to bend backwards to pay... My fathers result was held back by his school for over 2 years before his mother pawned the family land to pay his fees...

What you may need to know and know now is that a University is an autonomous entity... Monies gotten from fees are not counted as IGR for the state.. They need these moneis to provide quality education and keep the school running.. Thank you..
Re: RIOT In Anambra State University (ANSU) Uli Over School Fees by mandsignal(m): 10:48am On May 21, 2012
Emzybrown: The entire students who participate in this reckless disdain and their supporters are all insane.how would you be studing in a university without paying tutition fee,do u guys mean salaries wouldnt be paid,what about logistics, how do u guys intend to broke a university.how do you feel when u become established in the future and you managed to setup a firm while somebody refuse to pay you for a service rendered what will you do?
mollytinrox: ANSU students haven't really acted like their heads are rightly screwed on.
1. You received lectures without paying fees. You want to write exams for free too. It's your birthright. Schools run on charity now, innit? Lecturers can be paid from the inexhaustible reserves of the state. So you were aggrieved and went beserk. Nice.

2. You were angry, but the bulging veins in your forehead and neck didnt make it apparent enough. You had to set a building ablaze.

Well, you tried. You made your point. Cheers.

Left to me, if the defaulters had quitely moved out when asked to(seems they had to be forced), things wouldnt be this way. Next time, pay your fees when due. You're not the kind of leaders we need tomorrow.
Emzybrown: The entire students who participate in this reckless disdain and their supporters are all insane.how would you be studing in a university without paying tutition fee,do u guys mean salaries wouldnt be paid,what about logistics, how do u guys intend to broke a university.how do you feel when u become established in the future and you managed to setup a firm while somebody refuse to pay you for a service rendered what will you do?
DON'T MIND THOSE BIG HEADS DEY DON COLLECT DIA SKUL FEE S TAKE DO JAGUDA COME HERE DEY BLOW NOISE
Re: RIOT In Anambra State University (ANSU) Uli Over School Fees by OkijaPriest: 10:51am On May 21, 2012
valdprof: perhaps ur not in anambra .The governor is a greedy, slow poison *the school is the costliest in southeast* plz dont talk until u study d remote cause of the furore

And whats the remote cause of the "Furore" BIKO?!
Re: RIOT In Anambra State University (ANSU) Uli Over School Fees by ocheejemb: 10:59am On May 21, 2012
a simpler more sensible thing to do would be to not release results till all outstanding debts are cleared
Re: RIOT In Anambra State University (ANSU) Uli Over School Fees by Gombs(m): 11:13am On May 21, 2012
guy u hv a foul mouth...hw cud a once undergraduate(dts if u were one) say ugly things as u hv done. Remember d sch didnt giv dm rum 4part payment and the fee ws increased by 92%. Its totally unfair simple. [/quote]

sir,i'm a well seasoned computer science graduate from the University of Jos,when ten thousand naira was added to our normal 12k (wit accomodation) or 8,750 (without accomodation),the Student Union Government advocated for d students,and part payment was introduced...We didnt protest o,we didnt burn things o,we didnt come here and write trash o...Now their university is a state university,and as it goes,there was an increase in fees,what then happened to their union government?D numb skulls didnt say anything o,and i'm dead sure the school warned that those who havent paid that they would not be allowed into exam halls...Still the imps didnt pay,now you come up here and shamelessly write
[/b]" Its totally unfair simple"[/b]....Rubbish.

wirewire: dont mind the fucking illiterate.
[quote author=Cupidkc]

i'm more educated than all your sorry lineage. This is how Cretins like u slip into our government and screw things up d more.Wawa
Re: RIOT In Anambra State University (ANSU) Uli Over School Fees by valdprof: 12:12pm On May 21, 2012
purpinkx: I Pay N95,800 In CRUTECH CRS ... Yet We Dont Riot ... Urs Should Be Below N50,000 ... U Pple are Ars٤٠h٥les ... Thank God I dnt Attend That Silly Aluta meeting ... ScrΞw U ... U Deserve Public Caning ... Gosh ... Feeling Like Puking
Re: RIOT In Anambra State University (ANSU) Uli Over School Fees by Kajiang02(m): 12:22pm On May 21, 2012
I wanna believe the majority of people commenting here do not understand in clear terms the happenings in the schoo
I'll strongly advice anyone who require information to go down there and see for themselves.
I'm current running a post graduate program there, its so funny that i'm paying about 107% of what the people who did this same course paid just last year.
The students have every reason to protest the outrageous increment of School fees but my pain is; Why did they wait till now?? and why also burn school properties. but you know as it is in a case of CIVIL UNREST, many other things suffer.

You could also look at the case of Adeyemi College of Education in ONDO town too, where protest there led to bashing of so many cars (over 40) and also damaging properties at TANTALIZERs inside the school premises.

This level of School fees increment became common in state schools in the east since last year but ANSU's case was just too much.

Empathetical, you could look into the reason for the mayhem.. The increment was just too much... Chikena
Re: RIOT In Anambra State University (ANSU) Uli Over School Fees by ojeffo: 12:40pm On May 21, 2012
i cant believe these iddiots who call themselves students of ANSU are spewing this rubbish.Some of those foools protesting are either using Blackberry Bold 5 or iphone 4s.There is one of them on my BBM.,hen he posted the riot activities on BBM,i was sooo mad,this is d same guy that just bought a honda baby boy,even as a student..this is d same guy that comes to my outlet to buy exppensive blackberry phones once they come out.SHAME ON U IDDIOTS!.IT WILL NEVER BE WELL WITH U FOR DESTROYING UR SCHOOL PROPERTIES!!!!U SHALL ALL GIVE BIRTH TO CHILDREN WHO WILL BEHEAD U AND DRINK UR BLOOD...#MARK MY WORDS#
Re: RIOT In Anambra State University (ANSU) Uli Over School Fees by slumcat(m): 1:44pm On May 21, 2012
ojeffo: i cant believe these iddiots who call themselves students of ANSU are spewing this rubbish.Some of those foools protesting are either using Blackberry Bold 5 or iphone 4s.There is one of them on my BBM.,hen he posted the riot activities on BBM,i was sooo mad,this is d same guy that just bought a honda baby boy,even as a student..this is d same guy that comes to my outlet to buy exppensive blackberry phones once they come out.SHAME ON U IDDIOTS!.IT WILL NEVER BE WELL WITH U FOR DESTROYING UR SCHOOL PROPERTIES!!!!U SHALL ALL GIVE BIRTH TO CHILDREN WHO WILL BEHEAD U AND DRINK UR BLOOD...#MARK MY WORDS#
??
Re: RIOT In Anambra State University (ANSU) Uli Over School Fees by Gombs(m): 1:48pm On May 21, 2012
ojeffo: i cant believe these iddiots who call themselves students of ANSU are spewing this rubbish.Some of those foools protesting are either using Blackberry Bold 5 or iphone 4s.There is one of them on my BBM.,hen he posted the riot activities on BBM,i was sooo mad,this is d same guy that just bought a honda baby boy,even as a student..this is d same guy that comes to my outlet to buy exppensive blackberry phones once they come out.SHAME ON U IDDIOTS!.IT WILL NEVER BE WELL WITH U FOR DESTROYING UR SCHOOL PROPERTIES!!!!U SHALL ALL GIVE BIRTH TO CHILDREN WHO WILL BEHEAD U AND DRINK UR BLOOD...#MARK MY WORDS#

lol. . .Ah boss,you provoke well o...Lol...No mind them.Some people even say it's not fair,d governor is wicked,bla bla bla...If u cant stand d heat gerrout the effing kitchen...Men!ansu fees na 130k?My school fees throughout my 4yrs for UJ na about 58k o,and ansu no reach UJ standards.Well,pay your fees,if u cant join a federal uni,if u cant go learn a trade,if u cant holla at those Boko Haram brigade and profess that western education is a sin,but em no try bomb My State o.# thanks
Re: RIOT In Anambra State University (ANSU) Uli Over School Fees by NaijaNaWaa: 2:05pm On May 21, 2012
How I wish those rascals will raze down that useless quack glorified commercial school once and for all. If that place it a university I wonder what a motor park will look like. Nonsense university.
Re: RIOT In Anambra State University (ANSU) Uli Over School Fees by callydon(m): 4:13pm On May 21, 2012
@slumCat. Ur STUPIDITY is only surpassed by ur STUPIDITY. Infact u r jst lik gov Peter Obi who said dat "if a student cud afford to buy a camera phone then dat student shud afford to pay #130,000 as skool fees."
hw can u use a few students to generalise abt d whole. Av u 4gotten dat all fingers ain't equal n even in d same skool where u are talkin abt those who own BB there are still those are using Nokia Torch phones.
Am lost of words for wot to call U b'cos calling u a fool wud be an UNDERSTATEMENT...
As 4d curses u laid back there,all I av to say is "D same to U"
Re: RIOT In Anambra State University (ANSU) Uli Over School Fees by Cupidkc(m): 4:14pm On May 21, 2012
Some of this comments really got of laughing.
And What amazes me the most is that some people can't help but call people names when serious matters are raised.
Anyway, to the ANSU students,good luck in all your exams.
Re: RIOT In Anambra State University (ANSU) Uli Over School Fees by cesil92: 6:11am On May 22, 2012
Silly people. CRUTECH in Cross River State pays about 95k for non-indigenes and about 85k for indigenes yet no RIOT. When Unical (University of Calabar) protested over proposed fee hike and other things, a deadly riot that claim lives, with properties worth hundreds of million destroyed, the whole computer units had NUCDB stolen etc. They forgot that the will be repercusion as the school authorities mandated a compulsory payment of 10,000 naira damage fee to all students which ran into billions, furthermore the academic calendar has been affected, last friday was their matriculation, other schools have ended their semester exams moving into new levels, while some have started or about writing exams, Unical has not even started
Re: RIOT In Anambra State University (ANSU) Uli Over School Fees by elbukaze(m): 6:39am On May 22, 2012
The school fee is as follows: year one students 140,000. Year two students 116,000 third year and above 86,000. My brothers d fact here is that what we pay is not semester fee but for a session, every student have d plans on his/her fee payment. This is just first semester. Assuming this is second we will not talk, and u wouldn't si any student riotin, but this is just first semester and d school fee cover first and second semester
Re: RIOT In Anambra State University (ANSU) Uli Over School Fees by Nobody: 10:59am On May 22, 2012
After all is said and done, Mr Callydon and his fellow ANSUites, next time you need a pity party for your fellow students lunatic antics and arsonist tendencies, don't come here ((NL).

What rubbish do you guys even come here to post? What stupid Aluta? If your course mates or final year students die in the process of a riot, you'll know Aluta! You saw federal universities, you didn't go. You could go to a polytechnic, you guys didn't. If you can't pay, please get the hell out of our face and don't come here to whine! Sufficient to every Nairalander is his/her own trouble.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Says No Approval On Location Of New 6 Colleges Of Education Yet / School Gist/gossip / Can One Graduate With First Class After Failing A Course?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.