Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,689 members, 7,831,133 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Governor Akpabio Of Akwa Ibom State Leaves Office - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Akpabio Of Akwa Ibom State Leaves Office (2481 Views)

Fresh Attack In Plateau State Leaves Five People Dead- Graphic Photos / Private Nigerian Universities Better Than Public Ones, Ex-governor Akpabio Says / Governor Akpabio Of Akwa-ibom State Spotted While Casting His Vote (pics). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Akpabio Of Akwa Ibom State Leaves Office by Nobody: 11:42pm On May 16, 2012
Why do u akwa ibomite dislike this Governor like this? I just enter the state and all i keep hearing is my best Governor in Nigeria, Exit b4 29 may due to many court cases as they claim. He is leaving office? But why? Come to think about it, This man has transform the state to a fast growing state. I enta the state and cant even recognise where i was going-to again because of new roads. Then what do this people want from him again. As for me, he goes no where cos he has done it and my prayer must help him. My opinion.
Re: Governor Akpabio Of Akwa Ibom State Leaves Office by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:41am On May 17, 2012
nsukky: Why do u akwa ibomite dislike this Governor like this? I just enter the state and all i keep hearing is my best Governor in Nigeria, Exit b4 29 may due to many court cases as they claim. He is leaving office? But why? Come to think about it, This man has transform the state to a fast growing state. I enta the state and cant even recognise where i was going-to again because of new roads. Then what do this people want from him again. As for me, he goes no where cos he has done it and my prayer must help him. My opinion.

^^^That's politics for you my bruh. I suspect that even if Jesus Christ were to come down from Heaven, contest and win the gubernatorial election in any state in Nigeria, he'd still face a bitter and unrepentant opposition that would now petition God Almighty for his removal on some trumped up charges of being too 'christian' undecided. No be Nigeria?!!!
Re: Governor Akpabio Of Akwa Ibom State Leaves Office by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 30, 2013
True talk bruh
Re: Governor Akpabio Of Akwa Ibom State Leaves Office by egift(m): 6:20pm On Oct 30, 2013
But why is it that in Nigeria, office holders are only removed after they have nearly finished the tenure.
Re: Governor Akpabio Of Akwa Ibom State Leaves Office by Ditoya(m): 6:53pm On Oct 30, 2013
Ehya
Re: Governor Akpabio Of Akwa Ibom State Leaves Office by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 30, 2013
h
Re: Governor Akpabio Of Akwa Ibom State Leaves Office by slimfit1(m): 8:34pm On Oct 30, 2013
Building roads is not a sign of performance. What else has he done? I think the people of the state knows that he can do better with the amount of money coming in to that state alone.
Re: Governor Akpabio Of Akwa Ibom State Leaves Office by keyremotes(m): 6:57am On Oct 31, 2013
Quite a number of friends and other people I met when I travelled there early this year said the same thing.
That his family members (cousins and all) had made the state treasury theirs and the bold way they flaunt their stollen wealth is so bad.
I do not live there but if those who do are saying so then there must be something to it.
Re: Governor Akpabio Of Akwa Ibom State Leaves Office by Nonybb: 9:03am On Oct 31, 2013
keyremotes: Quite a number of friends and other people I met when I travelled there early this year said the same thing.
That his family members (cousins and all) had made the state treasury theirs and the bold way they flaunt their stollen wealth is so bad.
I do not live there but if those who do are saying so then there must be something to it.
SUFFERING AND SMILING
Re: Governor Akpabio Of Akwa Ibom State Leaves Office by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 31, 2013
But the truth of it is dat dis guy goes no where. Atleast AKS is not Edo State
Re: Governor Akpabio Of Akwa Ibom State Leaves Office by ba7man(m): 5:50pm On Oct 31, 2013
What an Akwa-Ibom poster on NL said "What else can a poor man do other than trek on the roads Akpabio built".
Re: Governor Akpabio Of Akwa Ibom State Leaves Office by jmaine: 5:53pm On Oct 31, 2013
ba7man: What an Akwa-Ibom poster on NL said "What else can a poor man do other than trek on the roads Akpabio built".

Mind referencing that poster here.
Re: Governor Akpabio Of Akwa Ibom State Leaves Office by ba7man(m): 5:55pm On Oct 31, 2013
jmaine:

Mind referencing that poster here.
yeah, I mind.
Re: Governor Akpabio Of Akwa Ibom State Leaves Office by jmaine: 5:59pm On Oct 31, 2013
ba7man: yeah, I mind.

Alright, furnish us the poster name and the thread that which was said.

Thanks.
Re: Governor Akpabio Of Akwa Ibom State Leaves Office by GetUmad: 7:39pm On Oct 31, 2013
Truth is, HUMAN beings can never be PLEASED. If you don't perform, they'll insult you, if you do, they'll accuse you of underperforming and some other form of accusations. Can you just tell me one GOVERNOR in this country that is being appreciated and loved by the majority of the people he governs? The maximum you can have is 50-50.
Re: Governor Akpabio Of Akwa Ibom State Leaves Office by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 31, 2013
slim fit :
Building roads is not a sign of performance. What else has he done? I think the people of the state knows that he can do better with the amount of money coming in to that state alone.

What did his predecessors do?
He built those quality roads even in the villages, the presence of access roads alone brings about other development , that is, if the citizens are not lazy or impoverished.

Imagine if Aba roads are reconstructed, okwu agugo nu

Anyway, I learnt the man invested in education, health and water supply too.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News:plane Carrying 152 People Crashes In Lagos / Steer Clear Of Orient Petroleum, Anambra Youths Warn Kogi, Enugu States / The Fear Of Boko Haram ( PIC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.