Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

Donna Summer Dead At 63 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Donna Summer Dead At 63 (16199 Views)

Sam Sarpong Dead At Age 35; Committed Suicide. / PHOTOS : Meet Twins Who Are Set To Be The World's Oldest Conjoined Twins At 63! / Donna Diva's Leaf Outfit At The DKM Concert: What Do You Think? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Donna Summer Dead At 63 by niddamugu(m): 5:33pm On May 17, 2012

Sad news. TMZ is reporting that Donna Summer has passed away in Florida this morning. She was reportedly battling cancer.
Donna Summer -- the Queen of Disco -- died this morning after a battle with cancer ... TMZ has learned.

We're told Summer was in Florida at the time of her death. She was 63 years old.

Sources close to Summer tell us ... the singer was trying to keep the extent of her illness under wraps. We spoke to someone who was with Summer a couple of weeks ago ... who says she didn't seem too bad.

In fact, we're told she was focused on trying to finish up an album she had been working on.
http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/17/donna-summer-dead-last-dance/

There goes another Icon.
Re: Donna Summer Dead At 63 by justin04(m): 5:35pm On May 17, 2012
So sad to hear about her demise. May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Donna Summer Dead At 63 by kombats: 6:35pm On May 17, 2012
RIP
Re: Donna Summer Dead At 63 by stagger: 6:36pm On May 17, 2012
"Unconditional Love", which she did with Musical Youth, was like an anthem in my neighbourhood back then in 1983. Also liked her another song from that album "She Works Hard for the Money".

So sad to hear of her demise. RIP

4 Likes

Re: Donna Summer Dead At 63 by kombats: 6:37pm On May 17, 2012
Re: Donna Summer Dead At 63 by cashmentor(m): 6:38pm On May 17, 2012
RIP
Re: Donna Summer Dead At 63 by slam7000(m): 6:38pm On May 17, 2012
rip donna summer....cant forget dancing to her unconditional love with musical youths when i was little.
Re: Donna Summer Dead At 63 by blackboi(m): 6:38pm On May 17, 2012
#RIPDONNASUMMER <~Love2Love you
Re: Donna Summer Dead At 63 by blackboi(m): 6:38pm On May 17, 2012
#RIPDONNASUMMER <~Love2Love you
Re: Donna Summer Dead At 63 by niceone3(m): 6:46pm On May 17, 2012
what a loss. RIP
Re: Donna Summer Dead At 63 by Afam4eva(m): 6:47pm On May 17, 2012
Cancer is an A-hole. RIP Donna.
Re: Donna Summer Dead At 63 by toluxa1(m): 6:50pm On May 17, 2012
Never heard the name. RIP

1 Like

Re: Donna Summer Dead At 63 by buzugee(m): 6:52pm On May 17, 2012
this 2012 we are only in may and tonnes of celebs and people have died. even one of the kennedys was found hanged in her new york apartment today. its been a year of immense dying
Re: Donna Summer Dead At 63 by rexfada(m): 6:52pm On May 17, 2012
RIP, though u r gone, but ur legacy in songs live on!
Re: Donna Summer Dead At 63 by Aladinn(m): 6:58pm On May 17, 2012
toluxa1: Never heard the name. RIP
Cos you were born today. (Don't take me serious. Just joking). RIP Donna.
Re: Donna Summer Dead At 63 by Kayuzze1: 7:00pm On May 17, 2012
Rip...
Re: Donna Summer Dead At 63 by olempe(m): 7:01pm On May 17, 2012
RIP Summer...
Re: Donna Summer Dead At 63 by Ilaje44(m): 7:10pm On May 17, 2012
Had a crush on her, and I wanted to give her my uncondiotional love. The kinda love she deserved, and the one she could have returned. Alas, I was a young poor African teenager, she couldnt have known that an African boy was crushing on her madly.

Well my love, you worked hard, so hard for it honey; but death was just too mean to you ma Donna. RIP!

Oron rere re o Donna Summer

5 Likes

Re: Donna Summer Dead At 63 by armadeo(m): 7:26pm On May 17, 2012
rip my love. My favourite song till date is by her and bruce. The title is whenever there is love. Check it out on you tube. lovely
' tears'

1 Like

Re: Donna Summer Dead At 63 by sugardaddy1(m): 7:45pm On May 17, 2012
When I see great musical icons whose songs formed an integral part of my childhood pass on like Donna Summer here, it's a stark reminder to me that I've gone half way through my sojourn here on earth. More importantly, it's a reminder that this life is a stage which we all must quit one day. The only thing that speaks for us thereafter is the legacy we leave behind.
I therefore enjoin everyone reading this passage of Donna Summer now to continue to strive at doing good for humanity so as to leave behind a good leagacy.
May the soul of Donna Summer and the soul of all who have left this sinful world ahead of all of us who are busy browsing the internet now rest in peace (Amen).

2 Likes

Re: Donna Summer Dead At 63 by yungboss(m): 7:46pm On May 17, 2012
"she works hard for the money" i still have a very blurred memory of that video, childhood things..."unconditional love" those little boys (Musical Youths)back in the days, musical youth...hmm. My dad had that Album where she sat on the arc of a moon, as a child i used to think she went to the moon cos it looked so real...i would begin to imagine how the moon was...wish the past could be brought back. May her soul RIP...
Re: Donna Summer Dead At 63 by VolvoS60(m): 7:49pm On May 17, 2012
RIP Ms Summer.

Your cover of "State of Independence" was a masterpiece. Several of your other tracks were just as fantastic.

You will not be forgotten.
Re: Donna Summer Dead At 63 by effectz: 7:51pm On May 17, 2012
torhuke: Wht rubbish... Wettyn consine nairaland wt dona suna aby wetyn una call am... Make she go dey dance her remainin disco 4 firmament...

A firmament that you urself will surely go 1 day.

When u look back this is what others will say about u.
mtcheeew

R.I.P. Donna babe
Re: Donna Summer Dead At 63 by freecocoa(f): 7:58pm On May 17, 2012
Mehn seems like I'm really young,don't really know her.

RIP to her all the same.
Re: Donna Summer Dead At 63 by sugardaddy1(m): 8:03pm On May 17, 2012
^^^ Don't be deceived, you're not young my dear abi you neva hear of the song "unconditional love" before? Abeg go find husband marry ooo cos time don dey go.

1 Like

Re: Donna Summer Dead At 63 by tohrinle: 8:03pm On May 17, 2012
RIP
Re: Donna Summer Dead At 63 by phraze(m): 8:12pm On May 17, 2012
that woman died and nobody knew she had cancer abi, sometimes our smiles cover up alot of things. R.I.P. DONNER SUMMER.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh's Connection With Illuminati Exposed (picture) / Photo: Tonto Dikeh In Pain As She Gets New Tattoo / Dbanj Finally Speaks On Fuel Subsidy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.