Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,209 members, 7,807,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

The Fraud Called Rivcloud - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fraud Called Rivcloud (1384 Views)

The Fraud Called Fashola / The FRAUD Called Lagos. / The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fraud Called Rivcloud by uche77zero(m): 6:06pm On May 17, 2012
on the 24th of April in all pomp and gallantry the RIVCLOUD was launched
at the Hotel Presidential.
since then nothing. my annoyance is that the money used for the launching
would have been enough to arrange ten young men for life
please can someone tell me what is happening with the project
Re: The Fraud Called Rivcloud by doctokwus: 7:40pm On May 17, 2012
Wonder y some pple sti avent wisened up in nigeria.Projects are always on paper,but money is usually disbursed to b embezzled.U av to wait till cock grows teeth b4 rivcloud or rivmoon materializes
Re: The Fraud Called Rivcloud by Mynd44: 8:22pm On May 17, 2012
What the hell is Rivcloud?
Re: The Fraud Called Rivcloud by uche77zero(m): 4:02am On May 18, 2012
www.rivcloud.gov.ng
According to the Special Adviser (SA) to the Governor on ICT, Engr. Goodliffe Nmekini, RivCloud is a local Cloud Computing program designed to bring computing access to the people. It will be done in partnership with the private sector such as MTN, GLO, etc, to open new markets, create jobs and boost the local economy.

In his words “this initiative borders on the internet being an economic platform that brings content providers together with content consumers in a virtual market place, accessed from any computing device. This will in turn create opportunities for young developers.”
Re: The Fraud Called Rivcloud by moremi2008(m): 4:51am On May 18, 2012
uche77zero:
www.rivcloud.gov.ng
According to the Special Adviser (SA) to the Governor on ICT, Engr. Goodliffe Nmekini, RivCloud is a local Cloud Computing program designed to bring computing access to the people. It will be done in partnership with the private sector such as MTN, GLO, etc, to open new markets, create jobs and boost the local economy.

In his words “this initiative borders on the internet being an economic platform that brings content providers together with content consumers in a virtual market place, accessed from any computing device. This will in turn create opportunities for young developers.”

LOL!!!!!! Reading this almost made me fall out of my chair! Our leaders are just morons! The government can't provide basic infrastructure, but it wants to provide cloud computing access!!!! Hahaha! Somebody has chopped all the money! Does anybody know whatever happened to our space program? Is our multi-million dollar spacecraft still a piece of non-functional junk? Backward country run by backward people.
Re: The Fraud Called Rivcloud by uche77zero(m): 10:13am On May 20, 2012
they even have a billboard at garrison

Re: The Fraud Called Rivcloud by Mynd44: 10:31am On May 20, 2012
This sounds like another big Nigerian fraud

1 Like

Re: The Fraud Called Rivcloud by otokx(m): 4:51pm On May 20, 2012
They should give us electricity first

1 Like

Re: The Fraud Called Rivcloud by hercules07: 6:34pm On May 20, 2012
Cloud computing is the buzz word now, so everybody including state governments want to get into it. MTN have been running adverts on desktop as a service, I believe it is targeted at corporate bodies sha, but how they expect me to run my desktop over their shabby broadband links is still a mystery to me. The government should provide basic infrastructure first.

(1) (Reply)

"Obasanjo Partially Loves Nigeria But, He Is A Thief" - Orji Uzor Kalu / Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 / Taraba Gov Danbaba Suntai In Critical Condition After Air Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.