Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Please Can You Throw More Light On Paying Of First Fruits - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Can You Throw More Light On Paying Of First Fruits (1747 Views)

"First-Fruits": Pastors Are Planning A Major Robbery In January / Tithes, Offerings And First Fruits - Do They Apply To Us As Christians? / Churhes That Collect Tithes And First Fruits Are All Thieves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Can You Throw More Light On Paying Of First Fruits by ibis: 11:05am On Nov 16, 2007
hello all!

i understand fully and have been experiencing the blessings of paying my tithes, offerings, thanksgivings and vows.

as a result God has just blessed me with a new better job and i no i have to pay my "first fruits".

please anyone who fully understands the command about first fruits can u kindly explain it fully to me?

do we pay all that ist salary and is firstfruit paid with every promotion?

thanks!
Re: Please Can You Throw More Light On Paying Of First Fruits by pilgrim1(f): 7:22pm On Nov 16, 2007
Hi @ibis,

ibis:

From what I understand in the WORD, I'd rather say "NO". God has set divine principles for us in the Bible; and even in the NT, there is no compulsion in our giving.

I believe that when we look at the principle itself, then we can begin to understand the issues surrounding the matter of giving.

I'll come back to share some more on this interesting subject. Blessings for now. smiley
Re: Please Can You Throw More Light On Paying Of First Fruits by Kobojunkie: 9:36pm On Nov 17, 2007
ibis:

hello all!

i understand fully and have been experiencing the blessings of paying my tithes, offerings, thanksgivings and vows.

as a result God has just blessed me with a new better job and i no i have to pay my "first fruits".

please anyone who fully understands the command about first fruits can u kindly explain it fully to me?

thanks!

I believe the idea of first fruit is actually to give your first salary. If you read the Chapters in the bible where it comes from, the people gave to God all their first harvest from their vines.

Deuteronomy 26:2 That thou shalt take of the first of all the fruit of the earth, which thou shalt bring of thy land that the LORD thy God giveth thee, and shalt put it in a basket, and shalt go unto the place which the LORD thy God shall choose to place his name there.
Re: Please Can You Throw More Light On Paying Of First Fruits by pilgrim1(f): 1:43am On Nov 18, 2007
I don't think the Bible teaches that anybody is to give the salary as "firstfruit" in offerings. The principle is as given in 2 Co r.9:7 -- "Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver."
Re: Please Can You Throw More Light On Paying Of First Fruits by Kobojunkie: 2:54pm On Nov 18, 2007
pilgrim.1:

I don't think the Bible teaches that anybody is to give the salary as "firstfruit" in offerings. The principle is as given in 2 Co r.9:7 -- "Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver."

That verse in itself tells you that EVERYMAN according as HE PURPOSETH IN HIS HEART meaning if you want to go ahead and give your first fruit, give it with a willing heart. No where does it say You are NO MORE TO DO THAT. That verse is basically saying to do things with a willing and open heart and not that it says we should not give firstfruit or last fruit or whatever. If a person feels moved to give the first fruit as his or her way to honor God, I am sure God will not be miffed at such a person for trying to honor him with his first fruit. God loves a cheerful giver and he does not scold us for wanting to do more to please him.
Re: Please Can You Throw More Light On Paying Of First Fruits by mellow(m): 2:59pm On Nov 18, 2007
pilgrim.1:

I quite agree with you here.[/color][color=#990000]
Re: Please Can You Throw More Light On Paying Of First Fruits by Kobojunkie: 12:20am On Oct 04, 2023
ibis:
hello all! i understand fully and have been experiencing the blessings of paying my tithes, offerings, thanksgivings and vows. as a result God has just blessed me with a new better job
■ and i no i have to pay my "first fruits".
do we pay all that ist salary and is firstfruit paid with every promotion? thanks!
I am afraid what you claim you have been experiencing is a lie. There is no longer such blessing from God. The blessings associated with God's Old Law ceased over 1900 yeqes ago when God condemned and cursed all of Israel(and Judah) So you are mistaken. undecided

2. God never asked you for first fruits. Those who request it from you are scammers. undecided
Re: Please Can You Throw More Light On Paying Of First Fruits by MightySparrow: 2:54am On Oct 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid what you claim you have been experiencing is a lie. There is no longer such blessing from God. The blessings associated with God's Old Law ceased over 1900 yeqes ago when God condemned and cursed all of Israel(and Judah) So you are mistaken. undecided

2. God never asked you for first fruits. Those who request it from you are scammers. undecided

You claim you are not a Christian. Why are poke nosing into Christian doctrine and practices? What is your take?
Re: Please Can You Throw More Light On Paying Of First Fruits by MightySparrow: 3:03am On Oct 04, 2023
ibis:
hello all!

thanks!

You are already enjoying the benefits. You claim you understand fully. That is it nah.

The full understanding is faith. Until you practice it no understanding. Arguments are not sufficient only faith. For any christians, faith is the best teacher.

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
Hebrews 11:3

Wrong teachers will argue, faith will prove God right.
Remain blessed.
Re: Please Can You Throw More Light On Paying Of First Fruits by paxonel(m): 6:04am On Oct 04, 2023
ibis:

as a result God has just blessed me with a new better job
SCAM!

(1) (Reply)

Create Your Own God, Current Trend In Religion? / Drawing God And Heaven / Between Jehovah's Witness And Freemasons.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.