Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,402 members, 7,819,429 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

An Honest Question From A Somali - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / An Honest Question From A Somali (13361 Views)

You Nigerians Should Feel Honored Today Because A Somali Is Visiting Here / Nigerian Women, Would You Marry A Somali? / Why are EAST africans so delusional?-Question from a AA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by somalia6: 10:31am On Sep 18, 2012
smiley
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by darnley16(m): 2:07pm On Oct 25, 2013
ayanle456:

i understand your pain...from what i hear...its a social status for you to even have a somali friend of the opposite sex...a forbiden fruit. well i guess i cant blame you for dreaming.
they u go again. I'll rather Bleep d hausa fulani girls we have here than to stoop low and Bleep ur dirty , street poor retarded type, #no offence# :DD
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by darnley16(m): 2:17pm On Oct 25, 2013
ayanle456:

i understand your pain...from what i hear...its a social status for you to even have a somali friend of the opposite sex...a forbiden fruit. well i guess i cant blame you for dreaming.
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by somal: 5:04pm On Oct 25, 2013
darnley16: they u go again. I'll rather Bleep d hausa fulani girls we have here than to stoop low and Bleep ur dirty , street poor retarded type, #no offence# :DD

Lol, and do you think a fulani girl would want you? its supply and very few fulani look different than bantus, do you think those very few are going to want you or their own men?
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by Fulaman198(m): 5:55pm On Oct 25, 2013
somal:

Lol, and do you think a fulani girl would want you? its supply and very few fulani look different than bantus, do you think those very few are going to want you or their own men?

As if you know what a Fulani woman or even a Bantu woman looks like. In Fulani culture, you only have to be Muslim to marry a Fulani woman. Though these days, Fulbe culture is getting too liberal. As long as you have cattle and money some father's let their daughters marry regardless of religion. Typically speaking, Islam is the only requirement to marry a Fulani woman.
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by somal: 7:02pm On Oct 25, 2013
Fulaman198:

As if you know what a Fulani woman or even a Bantu woman looks like. In Fulani culture, you only have to be Muslim to marry a Fulani woman. Though these days, Fulbe culture is getting too liberal. As long as you have cattle and money some father's let their daughters marry regardless of religion. Typically speaking, Islam is the only requirement to marry a Fulani woman.

i think thats why the unique fulani look that separated them apart from the bantus is fading, thats why you only see about 20percent or less of fulanis having watered down cushitic features. the rest have been washed down and they look like other west africans.

i still have hope for the tureg to keep their culture and marry within their group so they can keep their beautiful features.

Fulaman, i have never told you this: but i see you like my son. Albeit you are a nomad who has been domesticated.
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by Fulaman198(m): 7:33pm On Oct 25, 2013
somal:

i think thats why the unique fulani look that separated them apart from the bantus is fading, thats why you only see about 20percent or less of fulanis having watered down cushitic features. the rest have been washed down and they look like other west africans.

i still have hope for the tureg to keep their culture and marry within their group so they can keep their beautiful features.

Fulaman, i have never told you this: but i see you like my son. Albeit you are a nomad who has been domesticated.

You speak a lot of Rubbish. First and foremost the only 2 things we have in common with Somali people and Cushitic people is religion (predominately Islam) and the fact that we both inhabit the region known as the Sahel. Albeit we live on the Western Sahel, you guys are from the Eastern Sahel.

Some of our cultural practices are similar, however, we are not Cushitic by any means nor will we ever be. I know in Fulani language they say "Semteende woni pullo" which means modesty is the way of the Fulani, but I'm not going to deny that Fulani are proud to have their own identity not related to Cushitic people. We are our own people and proud to be West African. There are 25 - 30 million Fulani people worldwide. There are about 100 different Fulani sub-groups and you think you know how Fulani people look?

1 Like

Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by Afrobeau: 8:10am On Dec 17, 2013
Well, I previously had nothing against east or north Africans, absolutely nothing. But since I started paying attention to things going on around me, this is what I have noticed and my final conclusion about them:
1. They are obsessed with "western" definition of beauty that they are willing to disown their African heritage.
2. I don't dispute when they claim not to be Africans because their bloodline has been contaminated by many different races of people, Indian, and Arab mostly.
3. They accuse "Africans" of selling their own people, while everyone knows that was a lie the slave masters told their slaves in order to make them develop animosity against their roots and never want to go back. I mean someone who can brutally torture another human being the way the slave owners did to their slaves, how much of a sin can lie be to him? But these horn of Africans would rather buy into the story so as to make themselves worth something before their western gods", who to them has all the right to dictate what beauty should be.
4. "Africans" are free of slavery but these "horners" seems to be mentally/psychologically enslaved for life.
5. Somali is rated the worst place to live on earth! Nigeria, South Africa and Egypt are the richest people in Africa. So what do you have to start comparing your dry bone women to ours?
6. Oh! I know the reason for the comparison, You fathers had nothing to offer you, your land were dry, unfertile and poor. No education, no food. So they chose to offer you false myth, but they did it the wrong way by lying to you. You guys never had slaves and NO west African were your slaves as you claim. I mean we live in the very far opposite west! if we were your slaves, most of us would have been living in your country! Just as some Africans are still in the America.
7. Now women, I have to officially say I WOULD PICK MY NIGERIAN WOMAN FIRST, A WEST AFRICAN SECOND, A SOUTH AFRICAN THIRD, if non of these choices are available to me, I would rather pick a white, Hispanic or Asian.
8. Your comprehension is so low that you do not understand that the only reason why you think your women are beautiful is because they mostly are models, now let me explain that:
i. Models are people skinny enough to act like walking hangers to show off fashion.
ii. You guys end up there because you are too bony probably because of lack of food.
iii. concurrently, the test of real beauty is in the miss world/miss universe "BEAUTY" contests. And sad to say, neither east or north African has qualified to wear that crown. A Nigerian lady, Agbani Darego (who you deluded people, in a bid to have something to hold unto, would call ugly) was the first African miss world. Many other Nigerians has also made it to the semi and quarter finals. Leila Lopez, An Angolan of southern part of Africa has won the crown too. Yet, your eastern or northern beauties are nowhere to be found.
9. You guys even set up a muslim miss world competition, A NIGERIAN lady won again! Look it up.
10. Forget the fact that we sometimes talk trash on the internet, that's because we are a jovial people and understand ourselves. We are not as mean or too serious that we won't have fun talking. That we commend other women here does not in anyway meant that we are serious about what we said. And as I said, I will pick a Nigerian lady any day other than those starved women of yours.
11. I also have to point out that you people are more of the reason why Africa is viewed the way it is. You have the poorest populations and these foreigners come to your place take pictures of your starving people and tell the world that this is how AFRICANS are! Yet, we condone that! But what I personally will not condone, is you savages insulting our women any longer. At first it was a joke but now I think it's getting more serious than I thought.
12. Finally, the more I read about you "horners", especially Somalis (I had a little beef with an Ethiopian once but I talked sense into him and he apologized. So I won't include them in this comment), the more I read about how you think your skanky ass is worth something, the more disgusting you appear to me. I will probably NOT have anything to do with any Somali, but even I come across one (unless if he/she proves to be different), they are worth nothing to me. Bye!

1 Like

Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by AyanleMohamed: 12:54am On Aug 05, 2014
You Bantus make me laugh
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by Maakhir(m): 7:07am On Dec 29, 2014
somal:

Some somalis are also Bedouins and Nomads, hence Dhulbaxanta
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by lepasharon(f): 11:27pm On Apr 21, 2015
An honest question from a negroid: why are you guys so stuck on Allah?
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by Fulaman198(m): 3:28am On Apr 22, 2015
lepasharon:
An honest question from a negroid: why are you guys so stuck on Allah?

You do realize that if you look at the entire West African region there are more Muslims than Christians so what kind of question is this? Are you American?
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by morpheus24: 7:57pm On Apr 22, 2015
AyanleMohamed:
You Bantus make me laugh

Behold the Superior EAST AFRICANS.

Weep Bantus! weep!

Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by tpiander: 3:00pm On Sep 04, 2015
Fulaman198:

All African Americans (I am assuming you are one) are of West African origin. None are from East Africa.

That's incorrect.

AAs are also from south, central and eastern Africa.
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by Fulaman198(m): 4:11pm On Sep 04, 2015
tpiander:

That's incorrect.

AAs are also from south, central and eastern Africa.

No, they are not. Some came from Angola, which is in Southwest Africa. None came from elsewhere. Slaves came from the Atlantic coast. This means Senegambia, present day Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Sierra Leone, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, etc

1 Like

Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by tpiander: 4:17pm On Sep 04, 2015
Fulaman198:

No, they are not. Some came from Angola, which is in Southwest Africa. None came from elsewhere. Slaves came from the Atlantic coast. This means Senegambia, present day Nigeria, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Sierra Leone, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, etc

slaves came from madagascar, angola, central africa, congo, etc.
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by Fulaman198(m): 6:50pm On Sep 04, 2015
tpiander:

slaves came from madagascar, angola, central africa, congo, etc.

Madagascar - No, Madagascar is on the Indian ocean.

Angola - Yes I said that already

Central African Republic - No evidence of this

Congo - No evidence of this as well
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by tpiander: 6:57pm On Sep 04, 2015
Fulaman198:

Madagascar - No, Madagascar is on the Indian ocean.

Angola - Yes I said that already

Central African Republic - No evidence of this

Congo - No evidence of this as well

go and check.
Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by KingWarri: 10:24pm On Nov 25, 2020

grin If you're talking about the ones not ravaged by war, It just feels good phocking 'em.
SA and sex =5 and 6

Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by Ideadoctor(m): 7:05pm On Dec 07, 2020
ayanle456:
My dear friends. Today I am going against Somali traditions by intermixing with you lots in the form of a conversation. I refuse to believe that you all have a chip on your shoulder when it comes to Somalis. I also refuse to believe that you guys are all fraudsters and scammers. Some of you have come to the conclusion that Somalis/Ethiopians are racist. I would like to know why. I was especially disturbed that on your threads of 'whose the most beutiful people in africa' you exclude horn and north africans. I HOPE YOU CAN ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS WITHOUT YOU TELLING ME HOW HOT OUR WOMEN ARE.

ps. lets keep this civil.

Re: An Honest Question From A Somali by Ideadoctor(m): 7:15pm On Dec 07, 2020
Who told you to converse with us? You fucking pig, if not that you are obsessed with Nigerians why would you venture into Nairaland, oh I see, you tired with your dry and skinny Somalian sluts and you looking for some God blessed Nigerian women to feel the vacuum created by your dry women, bad news for you,Nigerian men are not impotent, they are not freaks like you they up to any task including sexually pleasing there women,so Mr Somalian, your bubble is bursted, I advice you to be humble and obedient like a dog that you are and delete from Nairaland since you think Nigerians are not your mate,fucking fool,jadanu jare omo ode

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures From Obodoukwu Festival Held In Imo State / Ask Me Anything About Ethiopia / I'm About To Marry An 'Outcast' (Osu) Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.