Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,145 members, 7,860,111 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:47 AM

Should Maurice Iwu Resign As Inec Boss? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Maurice Iwu Resign As Inec Boss? (791 Views)

Prof Mohamood Yusuf: Top 10 Things You Need To Know About The New INEC Boss / Prof. Maurice Iwu Finds Possible Cure For Ebola - BBC / Intercontinental Bank Manager Offers Maurice Iwu N50million Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should Maurice Iwu Resign As Inec Boss? by bencobenz(m): 1:15pm On Nov 16, 2007
Following the recent reversal in some results of the April 2007 election
there had been calls on the INEC boss to quit his office because of
what they regarded as in-adequacy on the part of the commission.
Fellow nairalanders, what is your view concerning this? To me i think
the man should thread the path of honour and quit sad
Re: Should Maurice Iwu Resign As Inec Boss? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 16, 2007
As meaningful as resignation is to this particular case, lets not forget the party still in charge. A change of personnel might not bring a change of ideology. Iwu enjoys no immunity. I vote for prosecution by NBA for whatever offence they can find in the book of law that will work against iwu. Its time we start making scapegoats for the next generation.
Re: Should Maurice Iwu Resign As Inec Boss? by McKren(m): 3:22pm On Nov 16, 2007
The Process of reforming our electoral process is much more complicated than just changing the INEC Boss. Iwu can go for the sake of it, afterall it is always fashionable to have a scapegoat (resignation) after a monumental failure.
However if we do no change some arears of our constitution, change election schedules, sensitize Nigerians, reform political parties and modernize some of our electoral process even Bill Clinton or Nelson Mandela can not conduct a credible election in Nigeria.

Besides that some of the reversals were based on constitutional issues rather than the election itself. Like the issue of "disqualifying a candidate". I dont understand why such a critical issue should be left in the domain of political parties and not INEC.

So tribunals calling for fresh election as a result of that is not a reversal of result and thus should be blamed more on our defective constitution rather than defective INEC.

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of The Week / God Is Not A Suicide Bomber / What If These Bcom Our National Administration!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.