Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,069 members, 7,828,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Please An Advice Is Needed Urgently On (MSC Or PGD) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please An Advice Is Needed Urgently On (MSC Or PGD) (1294 Views)

Unilag Past Questions On Msc Medical Microbiology / Which Nigerian University Can i Obtain Diploma Or Pgd Law ? / Info On Msc. Oil & Gas Courses in Scotland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please An Advice Is Needed Urgently On (MSC Or PGD) by aweebaby(f): 5:17pm On May 19, 2012
A friend of mine is having a problem to choose the course to study.she graduated with a 3rd class in economics education she plans going for a postgraduate in UNILAG.she got an information that guidance and counselling Dept.accepts 3rd class for Masters but someone told her that Guidance and counselling is of no use to her and that she will be restricted.please she needs an advice whether she should do it or go for a PGD in Economics.mind you she is the one sponsoring herself with the money she has been able to save during her youth service,she doesn't want to waste her money.Thanx
Re: Please An Advice Is Needed Urgently On (MSC Or PGD) by TheArbiter: 8:10pm On May 19, 2012
The facts are:

1. If she opts for G&C. Her professional focus would be education related; educationist, ministry employee, UNICEF (yes o!),etc. Breaking out from it into other jobs would depend on her proficiency with mathematics, her determination and her organizational and leadership skills. As a matter of fact if shes motivated, the G&C is not a limitation. I have seen pple wit English and French degrees working in banks.

2. Time. G&C masters duration = 1yr. PGD + MSC = 2 or 3 yrs

3. Cost. G&C masters = N80K or more. PGD + MSC = 160K or more

Options:

A. If she has the money and under no pressure to be quickly gainfully employed (family or peer pressure) or lacks the motivation to break out into other jobs; go for PGD + Masters. My reasons: Economy still bad. You mark time while getting the better economics degree while the economy gets better instead of joining the thousands looking for jobs now.

B. If she has limited cash or is under pressure to seek employment, has a husband in the wings or has the motivation to break out into other jobs: go for G&C and prove your mettle when u graduate.

The struggle, as they say, continues.
Re: Please An Advice Is Needed Urgently On (MSC Or PGD) by aweebaby(f): 8:47am On May 20, 2012
⌣»̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌✽̤̈̊Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊п̥̥̲̣̣̣kƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇✽̤̈̊·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶⌣ dear

(1) (Reply)

UNILORIN Convocation Proceedings 2013 / Can I Go For Post Utme Even With My Waec Being Held? / UNIZIK 2014 ADMISSION LIST

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.