Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

All-Night Talk (on Phone) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / All-Night Talk (on Phone) (3345 Views)

Nigeria Signs Currency Pact With China And It's Effect On Phone Imports / MTN 4.5GB Is Now N2,500...all Day, All Night! / Free Kjv Bible Download On Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

All-Night Talk (on Phone) by hotangel2(f): 10:56am On Jul 22, 2005
Hey y'all,

I ain't sleeping tonight. Well it's kind of like a tradition thing between me and my friends.  We get on the phone in three-to-four-way call, and then talk all night.  But I am on a two-way call now, because no one would join us tonight.

Anyone do this with their friends? It's fun, you just talk about whatever.  Right now, I am talking about Nairaland, and he is laughing.

Anyways, I just thought I should let y'all know.  It's fun.  Although I am freakingly tired right now, he didn't tell me we would do this tonight, I have no choice than to do it, since everyone said they ain't doing it.

Oops. Okay, that's it.  cheesy cheesy
Re: All-Night Talk (on Phone) by Seun(m): 11:03am On Jul 22, 2005
Let me calculate how much money this 'All Night Talk' practice would cost in Nigeria using one the popular mobile phone networks:

'All night' = about 6 hours = 360 minutes or so.
Cost of talk time on the MTN Network = 39 naira per minute.
Cost of 'All Night Talk' = 360 * 39 naira = 14,040 naira!

14,040 naira is about $100-$110! How much will it cost you in the US?

1 Like

Re: All-Night Talk (on Phone) by hotangel2(f): 11:11am On Jul 22, 2005
It ain't gon cost me a dime.

Every wireless phone here is free as from 9:00pm - 7:00am.

And It's also free every weekend. That's the advantage we have. You can talk for as long as you want durring night-time and weekends. haha. I love USA!

Damn, that's alot in NIgeria.. Oops.. which means most people in NIgeria don't do All-NIght Talk.

Also, it's free at all time if you are calling the same Wireless phone company.
Re: All-Night Talk (on Phone) by drbigdaddyg(m): 12:47pm On Jul 22, 2005
then I suggest I give u my number so that u always place on the call
Re: All-Night Talk (on Phone) by Seun(m): 1:41pm On Jul 22, 2005
Sorry, drbigdaddyg, International calls are definitely not free in any country! If hot-angel wants to call your MTEL line for example, MTEL will collect some money for the call ("termination fee"wink and so her phone company has no choice but to charge her well.

Besides, they would want to charge as much as MTN does, but because of the intense competition in their phone industry the freebies have to be thrown in to attract subscribers to the more lucrative services, such as international calls and phone calls made during the 'peak period'.
Re: All-Night Talk (on Phone) by jogego(m): 4:07pm On Jul 22, 2005
The day telephone companies in NIgeria start giving free calls, cow go fall from heaven. I have over 13 hours per month free on my phone to call any other allowed mobile phone network and all landlines. And I have unlimited text. The free calls are from 6pm till 7am weekdays and all days weekends and public holidays.

MTN,Vmobile, Glo all still have a long way to go. Right now, they re still exploiting Nigerians.
Re: All-Night Talk (on Phone) by hotangel2(f): 7:04pm On Jul 22, 2005
@ big daddy-- It's only nationwide calls...not international.

Jogego, Nigeria wireless phone companies...do have a looooooooooooong way to go.
Re: All-Night Talk (on Phone) by Greatpeter(m): 7:12pm On Jul 22, 2005
All the wireless here are treating us like a sec ond hand citizen.
No thanks to our Govt.

It baffles me when I visit my friends over there or when I have to go for holiday and see things much more different from what is obtainable here.

This is economic slavery of the highest order.
Re: All-Night Talk (on Phone) by hotangel2(f): 7:16pm On Jul 22, 2005
haha peter. SO many grammar.

Anyways Wireless companies in nigeria have advantages too. At least they don't charge you when someone calls you. But the wireless companies here charges you when someone calls you. They charge the person and they charge you too. So you see, Nigerians have advantages.
Re: All-Night Talk (on Phone) by jogego(m): 7:24pm On Jul 22, 2005
still dont understand why its like that in america. i only pay for calls i make outside my off peak period. I dont pay to receive calls. I also get a new handset of my choice every 12 months.
Re: All-Night Talk (on Phone) by hotangel2(f): 7:28pm On Jul 22, 2005
UK is better then. Anyways it's like that here...and uhmmm, I am used to it. Well for you to get a new phone here, you have to sign up another 2 year contract with the company..they won't just give it to you like that. I have unlimited internet access and text messaging though.
Re: All-Night Talk (on Phone) by jogego(m): 7:49pm On Jul 22, 2005
my contract is for 12 months. 2 years?? shocked gosh.
Re: All-Night Talk (on Phone) by hotangel2(f): 7:52pm On Jul 22, 2005
talk about craziness. That's how it is. rolleyes
Re: All-Night Talk (on Phone) by kazey(m): 9:02pm On Jul 22, 2005
I used to talk all night with my friends, especially girls, when I was in high school. It only costs 1.28 USD [here in Malaysia]. The rates are applicable, from 12am - 6 am. But as a foreigner you have to deposit around 257 USD to get a fixed line.

The reason was because a lot of foreigners just leave the country without paying bills. The deposit is refundable when you want to leave. Besides that, your line only gets terminated after 2 months of not paying bills. The service is quite good and reasonably cheap.
Re: All-Night Talk (on Phone) by nike4luv(f): 12:08am On Jul 23, 2005
All night talking.....de funniest thing u can eva experience, u just talk like--------- anytin dat pops up ya head..its very fun smiley
Re: All-Night Talk (on Phone) by mamba(m): 12:50am On Jul 23, 2005
There are some fixed lines and CDMA networks in Nigeria that offer free calls off peak and weekends. There's one (Peace Talk) that allows you to call people within your estate for free anytime.

I know Starcomms and some others offer free off-peak & weekend calls within network.
Re: All-Night Talk (on Phone) by hotangel2(f): 4:30am On Jul 23, 2005
I am glad that some are in Nigeria. But it looks likes everything is only happening in Lagos. Why?
Re: All-Night Talk (on Phone) by nike4luv(f): 1:37pm On Jul 23, 2005
cos i think lagos is like de "london"..de "usa"..of nigeria...where de magic happens u kno
Re: All-Night Talk (on Phone) by mamba(m): 3:24pm On Jul 23, 2005
What of ABJ and PH, things happen there too you know?
Re: All-Night Talk (on Phone) by nike4luv(f): 3:51pm On Jul 23, 2005
yea but Lagos is really where de magic happens
Re: All-Night Talk (on Phone) by hotangel2(f): 5:24pm On Jul 23, 2005
Word!!..nike.
Re: All-Night Talk (on Phone) by nike4luv(f): 5:52pm On Jul 23, 2005
hahahahahahaha grin
Re: All-Night Talk (on Phone) by tayotina(f): 1:25pm On Jul 25, 2005
I could remember sometime last year when MTN had a problem with their billing machine or what?? Don't really know.... I woke up at 12am to call some friends and I talked till about 7am....(Well had to cut the line at 7 so I could get ready for work). It was fun....MTN, I am really looking forward to more of such days..... grin
Re: All-Night Talk (on Phone) by hotangel2(f): 5:52pm On Jul 25, 2005
haha Tayo.. Keep waiting.
Re: All-Night Talk (on Phone) by tayotina(f): 6:34pm On Jul 25, 2005
Hotangel for about 5 days, if am not wrong....I really had fun... I used to carry my charger all about....I could talk for hours, you know just gisting....morning, afternoon, evening... I could remember one of such days...I didnt sleep at all and on my way back from the office, I actually slept off in the cab....it ran into a bump and I woke up..

And when MTN finally repaired their machine....I got a new SIM fast... grin
Re: All-Night Talk (on Phone) by kazey(m): 6:37pm On Jul 25, 2005
tayotina:

And when MTN finally repaired their machine....I got a new SIM fast... grin

Dem !! Nigerians are sleek, even the women grin
Re: All-Night Talk (on Phone) by hotangel2(f): 8:46pm On Jul 25, 2005
haha... I get it tayo.
Re: All-Night Talk (on Phone) by jogego(m): 7:17am On Jul 26, 2005
Naija............na waya oh...........
Re: All-Night Talk (on Phone) by angelak(f): 4:53pm On Jul 26, 2005
Emh! If i get to talk all night, when do i sleep all day?? undecided
Re: All-Night Talk (on Phone) by hotangel2(f): 5:58pm On Jul 26, 2005
Trust me Angela, sleep is not part of your routine.
Re: All-Night Talk (on Phone) by angelak(f): 1:58pm On Jul 27, 2005
Hotangel, sleep is definately a routine if you have to wake up early to get to work.
Re: All-Night Talk (on Phone) by nike4luv(f): 2:55pm On Jul 27, 2005
oh, dats cos u work..but even if it was de weekend..wahat is sleep?..u dont even think about it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Connect My Android Phone To My Tv Wirelessly / MTN Missed Call Alert Service / Infinix Note 4 Pro Now Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.