Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Help With My Cpanel - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help With My Cpanel (1040 Views)

How Can I Upload More Than One File At Once Into My Cpanel? / I Can't Log Into My Cpanel. / My Cpanel Has Been Hacked. Please Help!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With My Cpanel by methodman(m): 6:38pm On Nov 16, 2007
HELLO WEBMASTERS, Please who can help me out with the uploading of pages on my Control panel on my hosting package? I was told by my hosting company to go to the file manager on my cpanel and click on some stuffs but i still dont understand how to.
Please, i need your response
Re: Help With My Cpanel by my2cents(m): 7:05pm On Nov 16, 2007
depending on version:

1) Click on "file manager"

2) drill down to the directory where you want to upload your files. Atimes, this may mean starting from /home/(your account name/public_html

3) click "upload".

4) check the "overwrite existing files" checkbox if you want to overwrite an existing file. Otherwise, you will get a warning that upload didn't succeed.

5) click "browse" button. Navigate to particular file. Again, depending on version, files may get uploaded automatically or you have to explicitly hit "enter"

6) Verify on your server that the file you uploaded exists.

I hope this helps.
Re: Help With My Cpanel by goldenimp(m): 7:35pm On Nov 16, 2007
2 cents you know why i like you, you are always ready to reply any newbie out there, what questions some other gurus might avoid to the excuse of no time, you are always there. keep it up
Re: Help With My Cpanel by astronp7(m): 7:38pm On Nov 16, 2007
Better still, you can use and ftp software to upload your site. I think it is easier. Here are the steps:

1. Download an ftp program (E.g Core FTP LE 2.0 : free version-    http://www.coreftp.com/download.html you may google for more but u can start with this, is free).

2. Install the ftp once download is complete.

3. Through "start" > "programs" on your computer open the ftp programme.

4. Once the its open, fill the following in the dialogue box that comes up: Site name, domain name, your cpanel username and password.

Watch what happens till you see the the folders in your cpanel open in the right side of the screen. That means all the info were entered and done correctly.

5. From the server folder view side on the right, open public_html folder.

6. From your system folder view side on the left, open the folder containing the site you have designed, Right-click > Select all > Right-click on the highlighted files > select upload. Or After highlighting it Click, drag and drop in the public_html folder opened on the server side of the screen.

Bellow you will see all the files queed up. Allow and monitor as it uploads.

I hope this will help. Regards.
Re: Help With My Cpanel by my2cents(m): 8:43pm On Nov 16, 2007
lol goldenimp,

Thanks. Truth be told, e b like say Seun don put juju for dis forum cos I can't stay for 5 minutes without checking what postings are out there grin

Thanks once again. I am humbled by your response.

methodman:
Either my way or astron's will work. However, in the event you don't have admin rights on your computer OR you don't know how to download/install an executable OR you find yourself using a computer other than yours where the owner does not want you to install any software on it, you have no choice but to use cPanel. So regardless, make cPanel your friend.

Are the above scenarios over-thought and over-kill? Sure. I live my life trying to come up with all possible scenarios/options for a situation, that's all cool

I hope this helps.
Re: Help With My Cpanel by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 21, 2007
i think the best and the most easy way to get ur files uploaded  to ur server is using an online ftp client like net2ftp.com or 01ftp.com  once you are on the site just login with the neccessary details given to you by ur hosting firm
example ftp server = www.your domainname.com
               user name = whatever ur host gave u
                password= whatever ur host gave u
                directory path=it could be www/home/whtaever depending on what ur host gave  u
then just click the login button u r are there. u can visit http://www.net2ftp.com to see for urself
Re: Help With My Cpanel by akinalabi(m): 1:29am On Nov 28, 2007
If you're only uploading your "normal" pages, you
don't need to log into your cpanel if you are using
dreamweaver, front page or NVU.

Just click on publish in the file menu and enter your
hosting details.

Bingo, your website is live.

Akin Alabi
Re: Help With My Cpanel by niyyie(m): 5:57pm On Nov 28, 2007
Use an FTP software. Its much more easier and versatile. I recommend FileZilla. http://filezilla.sourceforge.net
Re: Help With My Cpanel by bakenda(m): 3:40pm On Nov 29, 2007
It's not advisable to use online ftp clients.
They can be painfully slow and have been
known to skip some files.
Re: Help With My Cpanel by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 25, 2009
Hi Profs, pls I want to download my Smf BoardIndex.template.php file into my computer using FTP. The problem is that I do not know how to do it becos my forum was installed by my host (i have never use ftp before). Reply will be gracefully acknowledge.

(1) (Reply)

Who Fit Teach Me Web Design / Happy Birthday Yawa-ti-de / Please Review This Shopping Site!!! U Can Also Criticize Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.