Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? (10584 Views)

Kogi State Polytechnic Named After Prince Abubakar Audu / Before You Send Your Daughter To A University In Ghana, Please Read This. / 6 Types Of Students You Will meet In A University Matriculation Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by Reference(m): 5:29pm On Jun 01, 2012
klairekk: Have any of you been to Niger State? For you information IBB worked well n bears a positive image that wil run in his family for generations.

HATE HIM OR LIKE HIM, History wont forget him

Okay.
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by Aladinn(m): 5:33pm On Jun 01, 2012
Bontee: The university belongs to the state government so they can give it whatever name they like and so does the federal government exercise same right to change the name of UNILAG to MAULAG.
...And the FG can change the name 'Nigeria' without recourse to the constitution that set up the name? Are you from the lineage of military men?
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 01, 2012
IBB university is a state university named aft Gen Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida. D name suit d skl cos he has done alot for Niger state nd he is popular dan even Gen Abdulsalam. Minna has bn a peaceful town wit d help of d generals. So abeg mk una leave d skl alone cos am a product of IBBU
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by juman(m): 5:58pm On Jun 01, 2012
klairekk: Have any of you been to Niger State? For you information IBB worked well n bears a positive image that wil run in his family for generations.

HATE HIM OR LIKE HIM, History wont forget him

Yeah, I have been to Minna in 2004, it was not bad.

IBB when in power took niger river basin (function) from kwara to niger. Also he took kanji.
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by FEMARY1: 7:54pm On Jun 01, 2012
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by IYANGBALI: 8:09pm On Jun 01, 2012
i just pray they would not name MY GREAT UI after the born basterd
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by maigaskiya1: 11:57pm On Jun 01, 2012
Jakumo: Former Nigerian military dictator Ibrahim Babangida did recieve numerous honorary academic accolades during his 8-year tenure in power, but the suffixes most frequently appended to Babangida's name are "FSS" , which stands for "Phucking Sly Sumbitch" and of course "MNI", which stands for Masterminded Nigeria's ILLS"

The aforementioned "academic" laurels ENTITLE the Evil Genius Babangida to lend his esteemed name to any institution of higher learning that approaches him for the privilege. I suggest that the Oluwole Academy of Forgery Systems Technology could be re-named the "Evil Genius School of Hard Knocks", with immediate effect and alacrity.
seconded gudluk pls tak note
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by Xtana: 12:07am On Jun 02, 2012
Must it be University only the'll name after somebody.
I suggest they use Market, Mosque, Banks, Forest, Railways, Hotels, Orphanages etc
N I G E R I A .......sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by Ganys: 1:13am On Jun 02, 2012
PhysicsQED: Or do they not understand who he is?

http://www.ibbu.edu.ng/

Is his regime as worse as the current clueless regime of retardeen Lameduck Jonathan??
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by Ganys: 1:20am On Jun 02, 2012
ACM10: You are not alone. I ask the same question too. Only criminalz receive accolades in Nigeria. People that brought glory and happiness to millionz of Nigerianz are left to die in misery. Their namez are quickly forgotten. While criminals like IBB, Abacha, Murtala Muhammed are immortalized. The person whose case baffles me most iz Murtala Muhammed. He iz a war criminal who commanded the forces that massacred civilians at Asaba and worshipperz at Onitsha. He iz barely educated. He took over the country after coup, even though Obasanjo wz hiz superior. He achieved nothing for the country. He wz killed just the way he killed otherz. But on hz death everyone wz fallin on each other to get somethin named after him. I wonder what I would tell my kidz if they ask me who these criminalz are.
Then stop giving your kids N20 notes..Chikena
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by Ganys: 1:24am On Jun 02, 2012
Xtana: Must it be University only the'll name after somebody.
I suggest they use Market, Mosque, Banks, Forest, Railways, Hotels, Orphanages etc
N I G E R I A .......sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!
What about Church too, Rev. King's Murderer Church would have sound better, Tb Josuah Magical and death prediction evangelical church would have been ok, David Oyedepo tithe & seed evangelical Ministry will be fine, abi what do you think?....
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by Detongue: 1:27am On Jun 02, 2012
Wait a minute, i thought d university was built by IBB not as head of state but after he step aside
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by Detongue: 1:32am On Jun 02, 2012
Ganys:
What about Church too, Rev. King's Murderer Church would have sound better, Tb Josuah Magical and death prediction evangelical church would have been ok, David Oyedepo tithe & seed evangelical Ministry will be fine, abi what do you think?....

In all d mosque is better
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by papatosibe: 1:57am On Jun 02, 2012
IBB is probably trying to pull a Alfred Nobel on us.

At some point in life, a man starts thinking about what is most important to him . . . His Legacy. IBB is at that point now or reached that point when he ghost-built the uni. Nothing wrong with it, imo
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by programmer2: 6:55am On Jun 02, 2012
it is because of what he ve done to the state and his effort so he deserve it even more if u don't a hospital is also named after him and more will soon be named after him
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by subzero2(m): 11:05am On Jun 02, 2012
Dat IBB of a man is a nigga!
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by Cotton(m): 2:43pm On Jun 02, 2012
You sick sonovabitch. . .what did Zik achieve other than tribalism to deserve an immortalization ? May the curse of Eyo ita continue to torment him in hell.

How was Zik a tribalist?
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by Lisa1: 9:24am On Jun 03, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]sure thing
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by Habibakasim(f): 7:36pm On Jun 03, 2012
Mak una liv my skul alone. Great ibbulite.
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by PhysicsQED(m): 5:50am On Jun 04, 2012
Habiba kasim: Great ibbulite.

How would you pronounce the part in bold?
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by Habibakasim(f): 7:16am On Jun 04, 2012
PhysicsQED:

How would you pronounce the part in bold?

wat ever way guy
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 04, 2012
BusHouse: Another name for IBB is International Born Bastard.
Think I've got one for him, ''Islamic Barbaric Bomber'' -fans of IBB, no hard feelings ooo..., only expressing ma self against d man who tinks he's a hero by taking other ppl's life-
Re: Why Does IBB Have A University Named After Him? by PhysicsQED(m): 1:38am On Jun 07, 2012

(1) (2) (Reply)

Futo Post-ume Result Out! / What Lies Ahead For An Optometry Student? / 4 Igbinedion Varsity Lecturers Killed In A Car Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.