Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Chelsea Thanksgiving In Nigerian Churches - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Thanksgiving In Nigerian Churches (17711 Views)

10 Great Comeback Moments In Nigerian Football / 10 To Watch In Nigerian Premier League This Season / Forgotten Players In Nigerian Soccer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Thanksgiving In Nigerian Churches by saintchyco: 12:51pm On May 21, 2012
Donmeca: We have seen various extortions by pastors and priests in various churches but d use of foreign football clubs to grind out more money from happy or expectant fans is so novel and creative one. Today my church was almost blue in colour and when d thanksgiving was announced, Chelsea fans that took over d whole place. They happily and freely gave thanks to God for helping a team based in far away London to win d UCL. The Men of God were grinning from molar to premolar as d donations came. I'm not even talking about reckless celebration that is still going on...leading to loss of lives

Do u have a similar experience in ur own church?

Boss whats your beef about this now , i feel what ever they do is there own cup of tea so why are you drinking parnadol on another mans Headache

if you don't have anything better to do please go hug a transformer

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Thanksgiving In Nigerian Churches by deandavid(m): 1:10pm On May 21, 2012
honestly, dat is a catholic church, and i experienced it in my church 2, i actually joined them in celebrating even as a liverpool fan, i danced wit dem 2 d alter, i didnt drop anytin in d offering box, nd nobody qtnd me, its just a tanx giving of dancing 4 me. As a xtian, i tink its better i go dance in d presence of God, than 2 go to a bar, to drink as celebration. Leave us alone, if pastor dy chop their mney, its nt ur job 2 judge, d God dy believe dy gave their mney knws d hrt of every man. Soccer is wat gives most nigerians joy,aside God(going churh) its nt a sin 2 b joyous in d presence of God.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Thanksgiving In Nigerian Churches by redsun(m): 1:21pm On May 21, 2012
Kolo people.Oyinbo don release you but you never release yourselves.You are still in shackles.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Thanksgiving In Nigerian Churches by Redman44(m): 1:26pm On May 21, 2012
I don't care what people say, but Chelsea FC's victory is worth celebrating and deserves a Thanksgiving in church cool cool cool. It was a divine victory and it shows God is interested in the affairs of Men. Up Blues cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Re: Chelsea Thanksgiving In Nigerian Churches by sholasys: 1:33pm On May 21, 2012
Why Do we always Think for GOD ? The Question is:
Is it allowed as a fan of a club to pray for the victory of that club ?
OR a supporter of a politician contesting for a position ?

If this is allowed, and the prayer is answered then I think God deserved the thanksgiving (pure-heart)
The Bible is not against football as a sport. In fact some church promotes it. IN RCCG, we do play football yearly during men's week and at the end the winners thanks God. Do not trivialize issue and that does not mean the church is extorting money from pple. its voluntarily
Re: Chelsea Thanksgiving In Nigerian Churches by Enkaynwa(f): 1:53pm On May 21, 2012
even in d catholic church here in bauchi dey came 4 tanxgivn. na wa o.
Re: Chelsea Thanksgiving In Nigerian Churches by redsun(m): 1:53pm On May 21, 2012
Na wa o for my people.This mental is getting worse o.

How can they understand the implications of their foo;lisness if at this point they still haven't discovered that christianity and islam are just a mind game used by the colonizers to control the timid natives?And upon the centuries old calamities,the morderm day mind control of football has set in.

How are they ever going to get over this mental slavery?How can racism be stamped out in football internationally if africans still follow racist oyinbo clubs blindly,like sheep without shepherds?
Re: Chelsea Thanksgiving In Nigerian Churches by nconcept: 2:03pm On May 21, 2012
Pathetic situation that we find ourselves...Matt 7:21-24!
Check out champions league final views at: http:///IQNBwmEE
Re: Chelsea Thanksgiving In Nigerian Churches by jimjones: 2:42pm On May 21, 2012
Spirit96: what is that ur fucking ass religion? I know u are not a xtian 2 hv spew dis nonsense. U goofed 4 selling shit on dis threat. Better cut ur tongue.

by god, i'll be as much a liar as bishop david ole-depo if i told you i understood a word of your jibber-jabber. angry
Re: Chelsea Thanksgiving In Nigerian Churches by odumorun1: 2:52pm On May 21, 2012
So wait a minute if God was supporting Chelsea, does that mean he was not supporting Bayern.

and if so why not. Presumably this God created both sets of players. He is also a fair God (we are told) so why would he take sides with one set of children over another.

Another sign of the irrationality of Religion. The same sort of irrationality that makes men kill other men in the name of a God, they automatically assume is on their side and not on that of their victims, whom they will be the first to say The same God created, without pausing for a minute to wonder why a father would sanction the killing of their children.

as one great philosopher said Religion and insanity occupy adjacent territories in the human mind.
Re: Chelsea Thanksgiving In Nigerian Churches by chrysso83(m): 3:03pm On May 21, 2012
I dont know y people re tearing dia pant over oda peoples money. Na ur money dem take give am? Football makes us happy. Most of us pray for our clubs to win matches. den wat is wrong in thanking God who made ur club win? as a chelsea fan i was dissapointed such thanksgiving did not take place in d church i worshiped, because i expected it. Most of u guys complaining about thanking God would bet ur lives when ur club is playing, and u end up loosing money and commit suicide or look for who to kill. There re many reasons to thank God when ur club wins. If 4 nothing else d bragging right alone is enough. As a chelsea fan i can now talk when champions league is discussed. It is better to celebrate with God dan kill urself in beer parlous with shekpe and ogogoro.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Thanksgiving In Nigerian Churches by Fynist(m): 3:22pm On May 21, 2012
I just can't believe people still defend the fact that a worldly event as the religious people would say is celebrated on the alter of God.what a shame.check this out how will the sound of "Up Chelsea" sound during worship.? Smh did i hear you shout "halleluia"?
Re: Chelsea Thanksgiving In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 21, 2012
speechless
Re: Chelsea Thanksgiving In Nigerian Churches by issyking: 3:39pm On May 21, 2012
Na BABA GOD give us d Dichampion
Re: Chelsea Thanksgiving In Nigerian Churches by Diligence: 4:02pm On May 21, 2012
We give back thanks to He who gave us the victory. Next project is winning the UCL B2B! If u don't praise Him, He shall raise EVEN STONES to do so; it's happeng while u're alive and u're complaining that glory is being given to God...na who we for give glory - LUCK? We don't believe in LUCK; we believe in give ur best and leave the rest to God. The battle is not to the strong, neither the race to the swift; it's the Lord that shows mercy. Oh Lord thank you over and over again for showing Chelsea mercy when nobody gave us any chance!

By the way, heaven recorded most praises on 19/20 May 2012 across the globe!

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Thanksgiving In Nigerian Churches by KINGwax(m): 4:11pm On May 21, 2012
sylve11: Hisses! God forgive me, but why are chelsea fans like this? sad sad cool
you're an ¡diot, and an arsenal fan too. What's d big deal if i take my thanksgivin to church? What really concerns u?
Re: Chelsea Thanksgiving In Nigerian Churches by afinic001(m): 4:58pm On May 21, 2012
There is nothing wrong in doing the thanksgiving service.
Re: Chelsea Thanksgiving In Nigerian Churches by soloqy: 5:34pm On May 21, 2012
jim jones:

you got twisted. nigerians dont take nonsense to church, church brings nonsense to nigerians. nigerians are just about the perfect amount of st.upid to buy the s.hit them churches be selling

No! You got it twisted. Its Nigerians that take nonsense to Church. Havent you heard the word "Ye are Church"?

For the Church is the Body of Christ and not just a building. But Nigerians have decided to trivialise the Body and always focus on the mundane..
Re: Chelsea Thanksgiving In Nigerian Churches by cindyrella(f): 6:07pm On May 21, 2012
Na wah oh wetin we no go see ... undecided
Re: Chelsea Thanksgiving In Nigerian Churches by razznaija(f): 6:33pm On May 21, 2012
Nigerians never cease to amaze me. smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Chelsea Thanksgiving In Nigerian Churches by redsun(m): 8:44pm On May 21, 2012
odumorun 1: So wait a minute if God was supporting Chelsea, does that mean he was not supporting Bayern.

and if so why not. Presumably this God created both sets of players. He is also a fair God (we are told) so why would he take sides with one set of children over another.

Another sign of the irrationality of Religion. The same sort of irrationality that makes men kill other men in the name of a God, they automatically assume is on their side and not on that of their victims, whom they will be the first to say The same God created, without pausing for a minute to wonder why a father would sanction the killing of their children.

as one great philosopher said Religion and insanity occupy adjacent territories in the human mind.

People that reasons like that are not as reasonable as well looked after toddlers.It is like living in a magic world and making it reality in the jet. In the Age of mental emancipation.
Re: Chelsea Thanksgiving In Nigerian Churches by Sike(m): 9:49pm On May 21, 2012
Wonders shall never Pause.
Re: Chelsea Thanksgiving In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 11:34pm On May 21, 2012
Re: Chelsea Thanksgiving In Nigerian Churches by Sagamite(m): 11:39pm On May 21, 2012
PStylish: @All

As regards going to heaven, there are 3 categories of people:

1.Those who expect to make heaven.
2.Those who are not sure they will make heaven or not.
3.Those who are hell bound.

Sagamite falls in the 3rd category.The fold is made up of islamists, satanists,atheists,freethinkers,philosophers and some academicians.
The sorry thing is apart from the satanists who know the truth, other members of the fold have a strong conviction that they are on the right path.Their doom is sealed.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

person! You are in fucktardistan.

Keep on believing moronic fables about HELL! grin

Mooron! grin
Re: Chelsea Thanksgiving In Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 12:35am On May 22, 2012
very correct! HOLY FAMILY CATHOLIC CHURCH FESTAC TOWN is one of the churches dat indulge in this bad act.am a witness to dat.
Re: Chelsea Thanksgiving In Nigerian Churches by nyaknogodwin4re: 1:18am On May 22, 2012
If it is true why didn't dey mention d name of d church den let me see if d pst. Or rev. Does nt have shame 4 allowin dat cerebratin
Re: Chelsea Thanksgiving In Nigerian Churches by dasparrow: 5:17am On May 22, 2012
@Post

Signs of the end times people. They have turned the house of God into a football club jubilating center. We are in the last days and this is the time to win souls to Christ. Stop turning football into your gods. If you want to thank God for making your football club win, why don't you thank God at home? I personally don't think God had anything to do with one football club winning over the other. If you want to make God happy, visit the sick, help the orphans, the poor and the widows, and give back to your respective communities.
Re: Chelsea Thanksgiving In Nigerian Churches by OtunbaGm: 6:05am On May 22, 2012
I want to ask some questions, if you are Mikel Obi's father won't you go to church for thanksgiving for the success of your son in church?

If you are a politician, if you win at the polls either by rigging or otherwise, won't you go for thanksgiving in church or mosque(we have seen people doing it b4)

I was told the Governor of Ondo State pay most of viewing centers in Akure to show the final free for all,if this is true won't he be very happy to dance to the altar for his club victory.

Chelsea winning the UCL is a pride for the whole of Africa cos our boys (drogba,mikel n kalou) represent d continent well. I know many governors and each of them have a particular team they support. So what is wrong dancing to thank God for the success of your team in your local church and you don't need to be a xtian for you to know that it was really God that helped Chelsea to lift the trophy

2 Likes

Re: Chelsea Thanksgiving In Nigerian Churches by timbros(m): 12:14pm On May 22, 2012
For u slow thinking people who reason that God takes side in sports, check out this scenario:
Its the African Cup of Nation final, Cameroon v Egypt or Ivory Coast v Egypt.
Cameroon/Ivory Coast players gather round and pray in the "christian" way.
Egypt gather and pray the "muslim" way.
Naturally, who do u think SHOULD win? Churchgoers would automatically give both matches to Cameroon and Ivory Coast, but what really happened? Of course Egypt won those 2 matches! Does that make God a muslim? Maybe islam the right religion? Why didnt God answer his own "children"?
Think, what makes Chelsea better than Bayern that God will side them and overlook Bayern's "prayer"? What makes u think there arent more religious people there in Germany who may have prayed more harder for Bayern to win? Why didnt God answer them? Why Chelsea?
Think again, does God support a particular boxer to win a title considering the rules of the sport, that is inflicting injuries to an opponent? Does God love violence? Remember, football is sports so if God has a hand in football, he must have a hand in other sports as well...
Guys, think well before u reach a conclusion.
I'm a Chelsea fan and im VERY happy we won but in NO WAY was God involved in the match nor in any sport whatsoever...
KTBFFH!
Re: Chelsea Thanksgiving In Nigerian Churches by Sagamite(m): 12:35pm On May 22, 2012
OtunbaGm: I want to ask some questions, if you are Mikel Obi's father won't you go to church for thanksgiving for the success of your son in church?

If you are a politician, if you win at the polls either by rigging or otherwise, won't you go for thanksgiving in church or mosque(we have seen people doing it b4)

I was told the Governor of Ondo State pay most of viewing centers in Akure to show the final free for all,if this is true won't he be very happy to dance to the altar for his club victory.

Chelsea winning the UCL is a pride for the whole of Africa cos our boys (drogba,mikel n kalou) represent d continent well. I know many governors and each of them have a particular team they support. So what is wrong dancing to thank God for the success of your team in your local church and you don't need to be a xtian for you to know that it was really God that helped Chelsea to lift the trophy

You are a supreme person!

Your reasoning is on par with chimpanzees.
Re: Chelsea Thanksgiving In Nigerian Churches by Jeffy1206(m): 4:43pm On May 22, 2012
Oga writa u sure se no b bad bele d wory u?go slip abeg wetin 4 pipu tnkin God.let me tel d win chng ma lyf n atitude gt it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arsenal Complete Gabriel Jesus Signing / AFCON Qualifier: Super Eagles Begin Training Ahead Seychelles Clash (photos) / Fifa U-20 World Cup Egypt 2009- The Official Thread!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.