Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

My Heart Goes Out For Yar'adua - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Heart Goes Out For Yar'adua (835 Views)

Obasanjo Responsible For Yar'adua, Jonathan's Failures - Tunde Bakare / El-rufai - My Support For Yar'adua A Mistake / Refund Of Unspent Budget Money: A Plus For Yar'adua Administration (2) (3) (4)

My Heart Goes Out For Yar'adua by Truequest(m): 8:37pm On Nov 16, 2007
As the wind blowing from the Election tribunals continues to blow like whirlwind combined with the fury of Harmattan. From Anambra to Kogi, Kogi to Kebbi, Kebbi to Adamawa, only God knows the next stop. My heart goes out for president Yar' Adua. I think he has taken some positive steps in righting some wrongs of the past government (just hoping he doesn't change). But all these might not matter any longer, if the evidences that are presented before Election tribunal finally nails him. This is indeed the burden of illegitimacy or evil carry over.
Re: My Heart Goes Out For Yar'adua by Seun(m): 9:04pm On Nov 16, 2007
He's a pretty good president as far as we know, but he's surely not perfect.
Sooner or later, he will want to do something very stupid, and we will need to oppose him. wink
Re: My Heart Goes Out For Yar'adua by Bankole01(m): 10:03pm On Nov 16, 2007
No matter how good he is (which he is working hard to prove), the fact remains he was ushered in under an illegality and a sham election.
This has to be addressed notwithstanding. I don't feel sorry for him, he knows full well his mandate is tainted.
Rights done under an illegitimate mandate becomes negated and sullied, no matter the good intentions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: My Heart Goes Out For Yar'adua by Twinstar: 2:26pm On Nov 18, 2007
I share your concern truequest, but in life what goes around comes around, though we should still bear in mind that he has not been found guilty.
Re: My Heart Goes Out For Yar'adua by mellow(m): 2:37pm On Nov 18, 2007
I choose rather to have any time a GOOD President who is enthroned illegally than

have a BAD President who entered legally.
[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: My Heart Goes Out For Yar'adua by KnowAll(m): 3:15pm On Nov 18, 2007
@ Mellow:quote: I choose rather to have any time a GOOD President who is enthroned illegally than

have a BAD President who entered legally

If thats your view whats the point having elections.
Re: My Heart Goes Out For Yar'adua by Emma4u2c(m): 2:00pm On Nov 19, 2007
President Yar'Adua, whatever the case is our president today. Let's savour it if removed tomorrow, then let him go, God will give us a better one period.
Re: My Heart Goes Out For Yar'adua by angel101(f): 11:20am On Nov 20, 2007
I second that
Re: My Heart Goes Out For Yar'adua by chidichris(m): 11:41am On Nov 20, 2007
to me, am yet to see any outstanding action from the yar adua led administration.
in the first instance, all these govs that were removed by the tribunal, who aided their efforts of rigging the elections and what punishments have been melted to them?
we have an electorial body that decieved all nigerians with the orders of obj so if someone is out to do the just let INEc come out in the open and tell nigerians what really transpired.
chris uba of anambra confessed to rigging NGige into power and Ngige was removed and nothing was done to the man who did the rigging so how do we discourage people who would like to rig in future?
Iwu and his group are supposed to pay the price of decieving the citizens of nigeria and the man in charge of gov shld be made to explain things to nigerians because he announced before hand that the election was going to be a do or die affairs.
if all these electorial fraudstars are not punished and banned, they will still come back to win the same election and nothing will happen.
i think, yar adua is putting up a movie star qualities that can only be compared to such stars as pete edochie and osuofia otherwise, pdp has a lot of explainations to make on the excess parade of dangerious weapons in nigeria today which we all know are products of elections(do or die affairs).
how can a professor(iwu) behave in such a cheap manner that an okada man would not like to get involved in? iwu and all his relatives is supposed to be jailed for defrauding nigerians of their voting rights and financial misappropriations.
Re: My Heart Goes Out For Yar'adua by Truequest(m): 7:06pm On Nov 21, 2007
Chidi to say you have not seen any thing spectacular is to say the least, we all have been here since 1999, and have seen how the nation has been going. He has not excelled yes but so far I insist that he is trying.
Re: My Heart Goes Out For Yar'adua by chidichris(m): 10:09am On Nov 22, 2007
Truequest,
am not doubting ur belief but am saying he is almost spending six months as the president of nigeria and i do not know ur bases for judgement.
pls tell him to unfold his programmes for nigeria and nigerians as we are tired of regrets after tenure like obj regreted his inability to restore electricity in nigeria.
people who want to rule shld have programmes so that as soon as they become leaders they will emback on them not wasting years thinking what to do as if you become a leader by mistake,
abacha tried, ibb tried, obj tried and yar adua is trying so when are we going to get leaders who will not try but hit the hammer at the head of the nail.
why are we having all these people who are trying? the resources are there and all we need to have is a year free of corruption and nigeria and nigerians will stop trying and be like other countries with enough humand natural resources.
Re: My Heart Goes Out For Yar'adua by Truequest(m): 2:23pm On Nov 22, 2007
abacha tried, ibb tried, obj tried and yar adua is trying so when are we going to get leaders who will not try but hit the hammer at the head of the nail.
why are we having all these people who are trying?

Boy I can almost touch your passion, sure average is the enemy of excellence, you are right.
Re: My Heart Goes Out For Yar'adua by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 22, 2007
Truequest:

Chidi to say you have not seen any thing spectacular is to say the least, we all have been here since 1999, and have seen how the nation has been going. He has not excelled yes but so far I insist that he is trying.

trying to do what. thieves like Ibori are untouchable, strutting around with private jets and billions of Naira in British banks.
Re: My Heart Goes Out For Yar'adua by Kobojunkie: 3:51pm On Nov 22, 2007
chidichris:

Truequest,
am not doubting your belief but am saying he is almost spending six months as the president of nigeria and i do not know your bases for judgement.
please tell him to unfold his programmes for nigeria and nigerians as we are tired of regrets after tenure like obj regreted his inability to restore electricity in nigeria.
people who want to rule shld have programmes so that as soon as they become leaders they will emback on them not wasting years thinking what to do as if you become a leader by mistake,
why are we having all these people who are trying? the resources are there and all we need to have is a year free of corruption and nigeria and nigerians will stop trying and be like other countries with enough humand natural resources.

Re: My Heart Goes Out For Yar'adua by chidichris(m): 9:06am On Nov 25, 2007
wow, starting 1983 when buhari/idiagbon came into power, i have seen nigerians as a people who like and rejoice whenever there is a change in power but what i am yet to see is that joy lasting long.
the word for pro gov officials will always be" they are trying" but what are they trying to do? trying to use money that is avaialable to get us armenities that are not available or trying to use the presidential jet to shift the country's funds to all parts of the world?
it is time we define this trying issues as one will be able to know when the leaders are trying on the positives or on the negatives.
in yar adua, nigerians saw a graduate coming to take over for the first time, gentle man and the most suitable candidate according to the judgements of obj which though all these were not relflected in his governance in kastina as their governor. we have seen in him a man ready to make effective use of rule of law as were shown in his support for several judiciary decission like the removal of inlaw as the gov of kebbi state and his readiness to release a land he got through the obj led government property sharing madness in abuja.
in all fairness, he has cancelled many contracts awarded by obj's regime terming them as illegal yet to whom much is given much is expected.
the most important thing will be the effect of all these moves on the citizenry. how is the administration touching the lives of common men in the street? if things will continue to be well at the administrative levels without reflecting on the lives of the poor masses, it will still be linked to the same trying and it will also be seen as a right step in the wrong direction or a square peg in a round hole.
yar adua shld get out of all these idealistic projects and get into realities and start touching the lives of the masses. we need something different. we need more tanapas. we need practical men and projects. nigerians are tired of commissioning roads and projects on the newspapers and televissions.

2007 Marks The Deadliest Year In A Decade For Journalists Globally / Is The Office Of The First Lady Necessary? / You Really Have To See This- - - - - -sharia Judge On Rape. . . .