Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,062 members, 7,814,652 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

D'banj's Oliver Twist At Number 9 On The Official UK Charts - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / D'banj's Oliver Twist At Number 9 On The Official UK Charts (11048 Views)

Pitbull And Protege Sensato Remix Dbanj's Oliver Twist / Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart / Download D'banj - Oliver Twist Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D'banj's Oliver Twist At Number 9 On The Official UK Charts by free2ryhme: 9:10am On May 21, 2012
ikelvin: d'banj is making history n dat's wat's up. He's breaking n creating records.

Illuminati @ work

1 Like

Re: D'banj's Oliver Twist At Number 9 On The Official UK Charts by mjconcept(m): 9:11am On May 21, 2012
akogunwhite: Hey peeps on nairaland,

The Koko master 'Dbanj' oliver twist is making waves across UK......the Hit single Oliver Twist tops Number 9 on UK national Chart...

This is good news for Africa...

Where is Otunba Don jazzy....Mr Solar Plexus...village man.....local champion....LooL
Guy why can't you post a topic without tribal sentiments oh yes D'banj is walking tall now but that those not give you the right to insult Don jazzy afterall no one knows why they split.
Re: D'banj's Oliver Twist At Number 9 On The Official UK Charts by shadrach77: 9:41am On May 21, 2012
Re: D'banj's Oliver Twist At Number 9 On The Official UK Charts by mjconcept(m): 9:44am On May 21, 2012
amosy007: Over to biafra and odua internet warlords...

Why must dbanj(yoruba) top uk music chart when we havent seing much of solar plexus produced by donnjazzy (isoko/igbo)

let the battle begin
Guy do you pass through the anus or the right carnal? no offence please cos from the way you speak is like you got no brian at all how can you bring Odua and Biafra in is Wande coal also an igbo guy and by the way i know very well that Oliver twist was produced under the record label Mo'hits records which means is an old song compared to solar plexus new songs guy grow up.
Re: D'banj's Oliver Twist At Number 9 On The Official UK Charts by CY09: 9:47am On May 21, 2012
truelove.com:
i be ibo boy from imo state,but i love dbanj and am proud of what his doing..both dbanj and donjazzy are good. the fact that oliver twist was mixed by donjazzy doesnt mean the whole credit should go to donjazzy for makin the beat..what about dbanj who spent his time crackin his brain to write ''oliver twist'' .am a talented song writer, and i know how hard it is to write good song like ''oliver twist"...so my brothers from the east dont hate dbanj, because his not ibo..he did nothing wrong by leaving donjazzy,nobody would like 2be under someone forever...leave all the beefin and thank God that dbanj is makin it in Uk..i believe that one day,God wil bless me and make me a superstar as how he made dbanj today..up chelsea, up dbanj, up donjazzy. i love u all.
gud tok bro, am no gay bro but i luv u 4 ur words.
Re: D'banj's Oliver Twist At Number 9 On The Official UK Charts by ObaMa9ja1: 9:49am On May 21, 2012
Gud work Dbj
Re: D'banj's Oliver Twist At Number 9 On The Official UK Charts by CY09: 9:54am On May 21, 2012
airmark:

You sounded well groomed. I guess you grew up in the west or abroad.
Yes i believe same. Am an Igbo guy who was born n bread in Lagos, i take Ikorodu where i grew up as my place n i represent Ikorodu where ever i find myself.
If people inter-live there wouldn't be unnecessary tribalism.
Am proud to be Igbo!
Am proud to represent Ikorodu!!
And am proud to be Nigerian!!!
Re: D'banj's Oliver Twist At Number 9 On The Official UK Charts by lekkie073(m): 10:57am On May 21, 2012
Realest123: This is old now.. He actually Topped at number 1 this week
Shut ur trash! Which top did he topped? Just opening ur mouth with series of bumkum coming out
Re: D'banj's Oliver Twist At Number 9 On The Official UK Charts by Michael13(m): 11:16am On May 21, 2012
una no go kill me with laugh here....both parties are making it either way u see it!

Re: D'banj's Oliver Twist At Number 9 On The Official UK Charts by Michael13(m): 11:19am On May 21, 2012
CY09:
Yes i believe same. Am an Igbo guy who was born n bread in Lagos, i take Ikorodu where i grew up as my place n i represent Ikorodu where ever i find myself.
If people inter-live there wouldn't be unnecessary tribalism.
Am proud to be Igbo!
Am proud to represent Ikorodu!!
And am proud to be Nigerian!!!
Guy ur post make sense die....am also igbo but i receive more tribalism from my tribe than i get from others simply because i fancy them (yorubas) and behave like them....anyfin wrong with that?

Re: D'banj's Oliver Twist At Number 9 On The Official UK Charts by Nobody: 11:39am On May 21, 2012
THE BIGGEST BIGOTS IN NAIRALAND are SEUN AND HIS MURDER-RATORS, why is this bigotry post in front page undecided undecided undecided
Re: D'banj's Oliver Twist At Number 9 On The Official UK Charts by agabaI23(m): 12:18pm On May 21, 2012
I don't know why people are not proud that a Nigerian artist is making waves in the UK. To get into the club and hear your homeboy's voice takes one back home from the UK.

Why should I consider the tribe of the artist before giving kudos?
BTW Oliver twist is my ringtone.

Go on Dbanj
You topped the urban genre last week
This week you are at no 9 in the main chat
Next week you will be No 1.

Let somebody say Amen!
Re: D'banj's Oliver Twist At Number 9 On The Official UK Charts by Abagworo(m): 1:21pm On May 21, 2012
Nigerians either lack sense of humor from prolonged poverty or are brainwashed. I already predicted Oliver Twist to do well internationally and that is a real representation of Naija unlike Wale, Neyo, Seal, Tinie Tempah, Lemar, ChiddyBang, Chamillionaire, Sade, Dr Alban, Lighthouse Family.

I also believe the people in SW know little of Igbos going by what I see on Nairaland. They need to travel out a bit and learn other people especially Igbos and their diverse way of life.

1 Like

Re: D'banj's Oliver Twist At Number 9 On The Official UK Charts by deeflamez(m): 2:00pm On May 21, 2012
Just as i earlier said..." Drop your damn' Congrats and move-da-Bleep-on "
Some Congratulate
Some CongratulHATE...

...Either ways it doesn't credit his account with any currency whatsoever. D'Banj has always been a 'hustler' i respect so much. Even with so much money and popularity, he still strives to get 'more' like an 'upcoming Artiste'. Whether y'all like it or not, he did so much for Don Jazzy and Mo'Hits than any(one,artiste,relative,friend or b*tch) has ever done for him. In my opinion, Don Jazzy should be thankful to D'Banj for publicizing him, if not he wont be better than 'just another producer' in my HOOD.

GIVE ME YOUR BEATS, I SING TO IT, I PAY YOU...ITS MY DAMN SONG, NOT THE FUCKIN' PRODUCER'S...Okay, Don Jazzy Co-Produced "Lift-off" in Kanye & Jay-Z's "Watch The Throne" Album, it means Don Jazzy owns the damn track abi? undecided Sometimes am amazed at the impeccable STUPIDITY displayed by some Nairalanders...Stupid sentimental Bigots displaying 'tinted' Myopic Reasoning angry

Please if you know nothing about the Entertainment world and Contract Deals, I suggest you shut-da-Bleep-up and quit displaying your 'shit-full' brain on Internet...Please this is 2012 for HEAVEN SAKES

...If you keep hating on another Person's Success, you have no business being Successful undecided

Twitter - @willadebo

1 Like

Re: D'banj's Oliver Twist At Number 9 On The Official UK Charts by deeflamez(m): 2:00pm On May 21, 2012
Rubbish
Re: D'banj's Oliver Twist At Number 9 On The Official UK Charts by deeflamez(m): 2:01pm On May 21, 2012
Silly Don Jazzy loyalists with no idea of how this Industry works...Y'all full of shit so please shut-da-Bleep-up & let your anus do the talking undecided

@willadebo
Re: D'banj's Oliver Twist At Number 9 On The Official UK Charts by malc619(m): 2:05pm On May 21, 2012
CHESSBOARD: THE BIGGEST BIGOTS IN NAIRALAND are SEUN AND HIS MURDER-RATORS, why is this bigotry post in front page undecided undecided undecided

Tribal wars are actually encouraged by NL. Dats Ɣ extremely tribalistic comments are not censored.
Tribal wars make for long threads and thus more clicks and more money in Seun's GTB and Zenith Bank account.
Correct me if I'm "RIGHT"...
Re: D'banj's Oliver Twist At Number 9 On The Official UK Charts by gbokukueba(m): 3:02pm On May 21, 2012
Quite impressive.

Heard his song played repeatedly on a radio station in Dubai all through last week.
Re: D'banj's Oliver Twist At Number 9 On The Official UK Charts by Blackbody20(m): 4:36pm On May 21, 2012
moderattor: Nice D'banj - ride on.
But why did you sign Davido? I don't believe he's got any talents left smiley
Just copying notes on his body in the name of tatoo smiley

You should have found a combo with WizKid at all costs.
Or some other long term young talent.
Or work alone, must you sign people? smiley

My personal opinion though.
u re right!
Re: D'banj's Oliver Twist At Number 9 On The Official UK Charts by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 21, 2012
What baffles me is how quickly people have forgotten that "Oliver Twist" is still a Don Jazzy production. We are yet to hear any work from D'banj alone. As people insult Don Jazzy, remember that he is reaping benefits from "Oliver Twist" as well. Congrats to the two of them.
Re: D'banj's Oliver Twist At Number 9 On The Official UK Charts by Rhino5dm: 7:36pm On May 21, 2012
Nothing like "two of them" again, cos D'Banj owns all the the music catlogues of defunct Mo'hits.

ogugua88: What baffles me is how quickly people have forgotten that "Oliver Twist" is still a Don Jazzy production. We are yet to hear any work from D'banj alone. As people insult Don Jazzy, remember that he is reaping benefits from "Oliver Twist" as well. Congrats to the two of them.
Re: D'banj's Oliver Twist At Number 9 On The Official UK Charts by ritux: 8:41pm On May 21, 2012
Abeg you guyz should keep quiet about Jazzy being producer of Oliver Twist. Diring the grammys, when Adele, Chris Brown and co were winning Record of the Year, Song of the Year, R&B Album of the year etc, they never mentioned the producer of those songs/album. There is a category for producer of the year. Credit for Oliver Twist should solely go to Dbanj cos when the acolades for producers come, they dont go to the artist. jazzy jazzy jazzy wetin self, na him first produce song.

Dbanj Twale for you, you will keep going up by God's grace and shame your haters.
Re: D'banj's Oliver Twist At Number 9 On The Official UK Charts by SeunOlat: 8:44pm On May 21, 2012
Realest123: This is old now.. He actually Topped at number 1 this week

Get ur facts right. He's number 1 only on d Uk Dance Chart & number 9 on d official Uk Chart.
Re: D'banj's Oliver Twist At Number 9 On The Official UK Charts by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 21, 2012
norabenok :
Folks, please can someone explain to me how to post a new article for discussion on Nairaland? There is no contact us icon, no submit articles icon on Nairaland home page. Thanks.
Lol, go to general section, there's a thread where it is explained.
Re: D'banj's Oliver Twist At Number 9 On The Official UK Charts by Nobody: 11:26pm On May 21, 2012
ritux: Abeg you guyz should keep quiet about Jazzy being producer of Oliver Twist. Diring the grammys, when Adele, Chris Brown and co were winning Record of the Year, Song of the Year, R&B Album of the year etc, they never mentioned the producer of those songs/album. There is a category for producer of the year. Credit for Oliver Twist should solely go to Dbanj cos when the acolades for producers come, they dont go to the artist. jazzy jazzy jazzy wetin self, na him first produce song.

Do you hear yourself? How is it that Tiwa Savage got her Grammy nomination then? Was it under the "Songwriter of the Year" category or was it because she was one of the people that wrote songs for which Fantasia was nominated?
Re: D'banj's Oliver Twist At Number 9 On The Official UK Charts by babyboy3(m): 8:53am On May 22, 2012
ogugua88: What baffles me is how quickly people have forgotten that "Oliver Twist" is still a Don Jazzy production. We are yet to hear any work from D'banj alone. As people insult Don Jazzy, remember that he is reaping benefits from "Oliver Twist" as well. Congrats to the two of them.

Do you know what a music catalogue is?
Re: D'banj's Oliver Twist At Number 9 On The Official UK Charts by naturalwaves: 9:23am On May 22, 2012
I'm happy 4 D'banj cos he's hardworking and consistent.Wen Don Jazzy knew dat he wasn't intrested in being signed into G..O.O.D,Y did he put hands into paper in d first place?I av d video f d signing wich I downloaded on my laptop.Even,during d signing,he was just doing lyk mumu,lackd confidence wyl d'banj wz d 1 telling him 'don jazzy,come'.Only 4 dem 2 get back 2 Nigeria and he started telling d'banj he isn't intrested and xpected d'banj 2 go back 2 Kanye and say they aren't intrested.Does dat make any sense?Then Kanye wil b lyk,'These are bunch of unserious fools'.Don Jazzy is ok wit being a local champ and d'banj is a moving train.Wat will u do if u were in d'banj's shoe.Moreova,it wil be tough 2 rep 2 record labels at a time hence d reasn 4 d split and dat is Y don jazzy has been keeping mute cos nothing wrong in wat d'banj has done.D'banj is taking a risk,fine but life itself is a risk.I wish both of dem d best but pple shuld try and be objective all d time!
Re: D'banj's Oliver Twist At Number 9 On The Official UK Charts by REDDEVILS1(m): 3:59pm On May 22, 2012
ice_zik: LOL! You guys are funny. Many people forget that this is a business. Don Jazzy does not want the fame. He just wants to make the music and sell it. He will still make music for D'banj because they're both professionals and understand the way the game is played. Don Jazzy will produce music for Kanye West, Common, Big Sean etc because that's the nature of his contract with GOOD music. Same way other producers will make music for D'banj like Kanye West himself.

Don't get it twisted. Clarence Peters became famous because his initial work was good, therefore more and more artists kept approaching making him bigger and bigger. I expect the same with Don Jazzy. When other musicians abroad ask about who produced Oliver Twist, they will hear it was Don Jazzy and start approaching him.

BOTH D'banj and Don Jazzy will reap the benefits of this song. There is no need for all this fighting.
best comment so far. Guy your brain no dull at all
Re: D'banj's Oliver Twist At Number 9 On The Official UK Charts by DaBullIT(m): 7:26am On May 28, 2012
Funy and realistuc posts here, I am talking about me right now, so when you want to quote me , dont talk shit!!!

I used to like Dbanj, until he and Don jazzi made enough mess of themselves about the break up ,i dunno why but i still dislike Dbanj , Someone said on here that Lagbaja makes better songs than Dbanj, who ever it is , i think your right, terms of speaking the truth, promoting tradition, if Dbanj was the best African Artiste, then you just lost him, no way he's gonna promote Africa , talk of the gongs, the talking drums, the shaworo and stuffs, (unlike Lagbaja) the simple background in video connecting us to Africa, to Nigeria, all those qualities are gone , Kayne took em, so i think i still dislike Dbanj , Sorry

Abegi, shey na Eminem go follow Dbanj Rap yourba ni '
''
??hahahahahahahahahah

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Make Your Music Player Show Lyrics / Amoshine - 'Accolades' (Official Video) Ft. Wonda Tha Hypeman / Download Instrumental: Rudeboy – Fire Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.